Los Ultimos de Filipinas, The last men in the Philippines 1899 (1 Viewer)

Manila soldier

Corporal
Although the Treaty of Paris was signed in December 1898 , bringing an end to hostilities between Spain and the United States....... in the depths of Mindanao at a small mission station... a last company of Spanish troops refuses to capitulate.....los ultimos de filipinas.

A combination of Teams Miniatures and Kronprinz pieces.....

best,
Andrew

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.JPEG

5a.JPEG

Andrew,

You have put together an excellent diorama, a near seamless backdrop and skillful photography to make a first rate presentation. Thank you for posting these photos!👍👍

Outstanding diorama, backdrop and photos Andrew. I take my hat off to you ! :salute::

Steve

Great set up and blending with the Phillipines background:salute::.

By co-incidence I recently watched the movie, 1898 (on Netflix) about that Spanish company that continued fighting at the Siege of Baler despite the war being over.

Great set up and blending with the Phillipines background:salute::.

By co-incidence I recently watched the movie, 1898 (on Netflix) about that Spanish company that continued fighting at the Siege of Baler despite the war being over.

thanks.
yes i caught the movie also and borrowed the title from it.........if any insurrectos appear in the toy soldier world.......there is definitely going to be a v2 of this dio.

regards

thanks.
yes i caught the movie also and borrowed the title from it.........if any insurrectos appear in the toy soldier world.......there is definitely going to be a v2 of this dio.

regards

Another one on Netflix about same period is Heneral Luna. I am guessing you have watched it.

My wife is from the Phillipines and got quite upset watching Luna. The manner of his death, by other Phillipinos whilst the war still going on, was not something she was taught at school ! Not the way for a national hero to meet his end.

There is a third one on Netflix about one of the other Phillipino leaders but name escapes me.

Really nice. Not a hugely popular period for most but I have been interested in it for a long time. Here's a movie you might want to check out . "Amigo" https://www.johnsaylesblog.com/amigo
Mark

thanks Mark,
yes i caught "amigo" when i lived in manila.........i wanted it to be great, as there are so few movies about this period, but it dragged a bit to be honest.
would go with "los ultimos" as my favourite.
:salute::

Another one on Netflix about same period is Heneral Luna. I am guessing you have watched it.

My wife is from the Phillipines and got quite upset watching Luna. The manner of his death, by other Phillipinos whilst the war still going on, was not something she was taught at school ! Not the way for a national hero to meet his end.

There is a third one on Netflix about one of the other Phillipino leaders but name escapes me.

yes i remember you saying from a previous post at some point about yoyr Philippines conmection.

there is a movie based on life of Aguinaldo, which is quite moving when he is executed on the Luneta at the end and then the spanish national anthem strikes up.
today theres is a tourist trail where one can walk from his prison cell in Intramuros.

best
Andrew

thanks Mark,
yes i caught "amigo" when i lived in manila.........i wanted it to be great, as there are so few movies about this period, but it dragged a bit to be honest.
would go with "los ultimos" as my favourite.

I agree with you.
Mark

A well put together diorama. as other have said; the ground work, background and buildings blend very well together. Like the way the ground has different elevation to it.

Steve

There needs to be a movie about Frederick Funston. I don't think he would be very popular in these times but he had quite a life.
Mark

yes i remember you saying from a previous post at some point about yoyr Philippines conmection.

there is a movie based on life of Aguinaldo, which is quite moving when he is executed on the Luneta at the end and then the spanish national anthem strikes up.
today theres is a tourist trail where one can walk from his prison cell in Intramuros.

best
Andrew

apologies Rizal , not Aguinaldo.......mixed up my movies. There is an Aguinaldo movie also.

That is a fantastic diorama! You have great compositional skills my friend. There's just so much to look at. Thank you for sharing your outstanding work! Joe

Oh no. Your awesome diorama has convinced me to get some Spanish figures. I have changed my mind a few times. I am buying the US figures for the Boxer Rebellion. But didn’t want to get into something new. But I love the look of your diorama, so I am getting a few Spanish... no turning back now.

Thanks for influencing me, it looks great and I am in
Jas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back