Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (2 Viewers)

This is Hiriart's personality Set 1077 WORLD WAR II SOVIET KREMLIN GUARD WITH STALIN which I have in my collection, although this is a stock photo.

Attachments

• 1077 Kremlin Guards with Stalin USSR.JPG
    1077 Kremlin Guards with Stalin USSR.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 755
Another Hiriart personality set that I have in my collection is Set 1206 ITALIA FARA DA SE WITH MUSSOLINI. MY Italian isn't good enough to know what that means in English.

Attachments

• 1206 Italia Fara Da Se with Mussolini.JPG
    1206 Italia Fara Da Se with Mussolini.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 345
This is one of the two Hiriart Hitler personality sets that I have in my collection: Set 1043 SS LIEBSTANDARTE WITH HITLER where they are on parade and are wearing summer dress uniforms.

Attachments

• 1043 Liebstandarte SS with Hitler.JPG
    1043 Liebstandarte SS with Hitler.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 343
This is the other Hiriart LAH on parade personality set that I have in my collection: Set 1046 SS LIEBSTANDARTE WITH HILTLER in winter greatcoats.

Attachments

• 1046 Liebstandarde SS winter with Hitler.JPG
    1046 Liebstandarde SS winter with Hitler.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 343
This Hiriart personality set in my collection is somewhat unusual. It is Set 1067 WORLD WAR II DEUTSCHEN KRIEGSMARINE U-BOOTE WITH DONITZ. The set includes a 1/750 scale model of a Mark VII submarine and replica of a submariner's badge.

Attachments

• 1067 Kriegsmarine U-Boote with Donitz.JPG
    1067 Kriegsmarine U-Boote with Donitz.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 388
Another of Hiriart's personality sets that I have in my collection is Set 1220 DEUTSCHES AFRIKA KORPS WITH ROMMEL. This is a double catalog set that includes a die cast PZ II tank, anti-tank gun, and motorcycle with side car MG-42 machine gun.

Attachments

• 1220 WWII Afrika Korps with Rommel.JPG
    1220 WWII Afrika Korps with Rommel.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 281
The previous photo was slighly out of focus. Here is a better photo of Rommel from my collection. The set to the right of Rommel is a Hiriart non-catalog set of the WORLD WAR I GERMAN ALPEN KORPS which he served in as a young officer on the Italian Front.

Attachments

• WWI German Alpen Korps.JPG
    WWI German Alpen Korps.JPG
    446.3 KB · Views: 268
Another of Hiriart's personality sets that I have is Set 1056 WORLD WAR II OKW GENERAL STAFF WITH VON RUNDSTEDT AND GUDERIAN.

Attachments

• 1056 WWII OKW Staff with Von Rundsted & Guderian.JPG
    1056 WWII OKW Staff with Von Rundsted & Guderian.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 238
This is a Hiriart personality set that I haved ordered and which should be shipped in March: Set 1232 BATTLE FOR ENGLAND WITH GOERING. As you can see, it also has several pilots and three 1/750th scale airplanes.

Attachments

• 1232 Battle for England with Goering.JPG
    1232 Battle for England with Goering.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 188
This is a stock photo of a WWI personality set that I have in my collection: Set 1052 WORLD WAR I ETAT-MAJOR FRANCAISE WITH FOCH AND JOFFRE.

Attachments

• 1052 WWI French Staff with Foche & Joffre.JPG
    1052 WWI French Staff with Foche & Joffre.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 423
Nice set but I have one gripe and it's not Hiriart specific, but rather a general complaint about such sets. NO ONE ever remembers Petain! Petain saved the French Army after years of disasterous offensives and losses at the hands of Joffre and Nivelle. Without Petain, the French Army never makes it to the glory days of 1918 for which Foch gets the credit. Rant over. Just my bit for France and history.:wink2: -- Al

Nice set but I have one gripe and it's not Hiriart specific, but rather a general complaint about such sets. NO ONE ever remembers Petain! Petain saved the French Army after years of disasterous offensives and losses at the hands of Joffre and Nivelle. Without Petain, the French Army never makes it to the glory days of 1918 for which Foch gets the credit. Rant over. Just my bit for France and history.:wink2: -- Al

You are right; he never seems to be included. Maybe it has something to do with his World War II role in Vichy France that makes him less popular.

You are right; he never seems to be included. Maybe it has something to do with his World War II role in Vichy France that makes him less popular.
Mike, I'm sure that's the main reason. -- Al

This Hiriart personality set in my collection is Set 1313 IMPERIAL GERMAN GARDEGRENADIERS WITH KAISER WILHELM where they are wearing greatcoats.

Attachments

• 1313 Gardgrenadier (winter) with Kaiser.JPG
    1313 Gardgrenadier (winter) with Kaiser.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 157
Another sharp looking set. Like the Kaiser and those silver grenadier caps. :smile2: -- Al

This is a somewhat unusual subject matter Hiriart personality set that I have in my collection: Set 1038 SULTAN'S GUARD WITH MEHEMET V, OTTOMAN EMPIRE. My verson of this set has the figures marching at the slope.

Attachments

• 1038 Sultans Guard with Mehemet V Ottoman Empire.JPG
    1038 Sultans Guard with Mehemet V Ottoman Empire.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 159
This Hirart personality set I have in my collection is Set 1319 IRISH FREE STATE INFANTRY WITH MICHAEL COLLINS, 1923.

Attachments

• 1319 Irish Free State Inf with Michael Collins, 1923.JPG
    1319 Irish Free State Inf with Michael Collins, 1923.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 143
Ah, the Big Fellow hisself. Nice set.^&cool -- Al

Thanks Al. It is one of the two Hiriart Irish sets from this period that I have in my collection. The other is Set 1320 IRISH VOLUNTEER INFANTRY, 1913-23.

Attachments

• 1320 Irish Volunteer Infantry, 1913-1923.JPG
    1320 Irish Volunteer Infantry, 1913-1923.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back