Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (1 Viewer)

The last Hiriart personality set that I have in my collection is Set 1302 WORLD WAR II SS STAB WITH HIMMLER.

Attachments

• 1302 WWII SS Staff with Himler.JPG
    1302 WWII SS Staff with Himler.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 184
I have seven Hiriart German military bands in my collection from the Imperial, World War I, and World War II periods. The first is Hiriart Set 1035 PREUSSEN HEERESMUSIK.

Attachments

• 1035 Heermusik Prussian Band.JPG
    1035 Heermusik Prussian Band.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 154
This next Hiriart band from the Imperial German period is a non-catalog special based on Set 1138 IMPERIAL GERMAN GARDE HUSAREN.

Attachments

• 1138 BAND.JPG
    1138 BAND.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 157
This Hiriart Imperial German band non-catalog set is based on Set 1148 TOTENKOPF HUSAREN.

Attachments

• 1148 BAND  (1).JPG
    1148 BAND (1).JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 139
This is a Hiriart special non-catalog band that I ordered based on Set 1154 DEUTSCHES INFANTERIE 1914.

Attachments

• 1154 BAND.JPG
    1154 BAND.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 149
This is a stock photo of my Hiriart Set 1298 KAISERLICHEMARINE Band.

Attachments

• 1298 Kaiserlichemarine Band Germany.JPG
    1298 Kaiserlichemarine Band Germany.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 134
This is a stock photo of my Hiriart World War II Wehrmacht band Set 1195 ALTE KAMERADEN.

Attachments

• 1195 WWII Alte Kameraden Band Germany.JPG
    1195 WWII Alte Kameraden Band Germany.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 145
This is a special Hiriart non-catalog band set I ordered in 2011 based on Set 1047 WORLD WAR II LUFTWAFFE FLAK TROOPS. I like the jingling johnny and the yellow trumpet banners on this set.

Attachments

• 1047 BAND.JPG
    1047 BAND.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 163
This Hiriart stock photo is of another band set in my collection: 1216 BAHAMAS POLICE BAND. I also have ordered a special non-catalog, nine man Bahamas Police set with an officer, flag bearer, drummer, and 6 men.

Attachments

• 1216 Bahamas Police Band British Empire.JPG
    1216 Bahamas Police Band British Empire.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 156
I have three or four sets from America in Miniature in Vermont which features mounted units of the U.S. Armed Forces. I can only locate one of these sets: Set 237 U.S. 18th Cavalry Regiment Color and Guard Mounted with Steel Helmets. Since one of the figures isn't wearing a steel helmet, I suspect he belongs to a different set. When I locate the missing sets, I'll photograph them and post them here.

Attachments

• America in Minature 237.JPG
    America in Minature 237.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 196
  • America in MIniature 237 (2).JPG
    America in MIniature 237 (2).JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 168
  • America in Miniature 237 (3).JPG
    America in Miniature 237 (3).JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 191
I had a special Hiriart non-catalog band made for me based on Set 1126 THE WEST INDIES REGIMENT.

Attachments

• 1126 BAND.JPG
    1126 BAND.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 193
I have three or four sets from America in Miniature in Vermont which features mounted units of the U.S. Armed Forces. I can only locate one of these sets: Set 237 U.S. 18th Cavalry Regiment Color and Guard Mounted with Steel Helmets. Since one of the figures isn't wearing a steel helmet, I suspect he belongs to a different set. When I locate the missing sets, I'll photograph them and post them here.

I have 2 or 3 sets of Americans in Miniature in storage, including a really unique set of Mounted U.S. Marines in Nicaragua. I always thought they were very well done glossy figures.

I have 2 or 3 sets of Americans in Miniature in storage, including a really unique set of Mounted U.S. Marines in Nicaragua. I always thought they were very well done glossy figures.

Hi Louis,

I remember seeing that set which included a Marine armed with a Tommy gun. Bob Fisher, who was the original owner of the Old Toy Soldier Home, carried the line about 20 years ago. He also had some neat America in Miniature Peking Legation sets (e.g., color parties, winter uniforms, etc) in his store. I was mightly tempted to buy the Nicaragua and Peking sets, but didn't, thinking I would buy them at a later date. Well, as you probably figured out, the line disappeared before I could act.

Hi Louis,

I remember seeing that set which included a Marine armed with a Tommy gun. Bob Fisher, who was the original owner of the Old Toy Soldier Home, carried the line about 20 years ago. He also had some neat America in Miniature Peking Legation sets (e.g., color parties, winter uniforms, etc) in his store. I was mightly tempted to buy the Nicaragua and Peking sets, but didn't, thinking I would buy them at a later date. Well, as you probably figured out, the line disappeared before I could act.

I may have one or two of the Peking Legation sets as well . . . I have some Marines in winter dress double timing . . . does that sound like one of the sets?

My mounted marines set has a sergeant with the tommy gun, as well as a guidon bearer and two Marines with carbines.

I may have one or two of the Peking Legation sets as well . . . I have some Marines in winter dress double timing . . . does that sound like one of the sets?

My mounted marines set has a sergeant with the tommy gun, as well as a guidon bearer and two Marines with carbines.

I don't recall seeing that set Louis. The Peking Legation sets I remember were in winter dress with fur hats and were both mounted and on foot. The on foot sets were like a formation with colors or maybe a changing of the guard. I have also seen a mounted color party in dress blues. I wonder if anyone else besides the Old Toy Soldier Home carried them? I have never seen a catalog.

I don't recall seeing that set Louis. The Peking Legation sets I remember were in winter dress with fur hats and were both mounted and on foot. The on foot sets were like a formation with colors or maybe a changing of the guard. I have also seen a mounted color party in dress blues. I wonder if anyone else besides the Old Toy Soldier Home carried them? I have never seen a catalog.

There was a shop on Madison Avenue that carried them, but it closed a while ago.

I would love to see pictures of any of these sets Louis and Mike {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back