Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (1 Viewer)

This is a stock photo of the only Mexican military themed set that I have in my collection. It is Hiriart's Set 1335 HEROICO COLEGIO MILITAR, MEXICO. My set is actually slightly different in that its has an eagle mascot not shown in the stock photo. Also, for some reason, Hiriart has not painted the eagle on a cactus normally found on the white field on the Mexican national flag.

Attachments

• 1335 Heroico Colegio Militar Mexico.JPG
    1335 Heroico Colegio Militar Mexico.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 1335 EAGLE..JPG
    1335 EAGLE..JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 212
This is a photo of a special, eighteen figure double set version of Set 1335 HEROICO COLEGIO MILITAR, MEXICO which better shows the eagle mascot and has an additional flag. I am seriously considering ordering this double set and selling my other nine figure regular catalog set.

Attachments

• 1335 FORMATON..JPG
    1335 FORMATON..JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 487
This is a photo of a special, eighteen figure double set version of Set 1335 HEROICO COLEGIO MILITAR, MEXICO which better shows the eagle mascot and has an additional flag. I am seriously considering ordering this double set and selling my other nine figure regular catalog set.
A very impressive, and intimidating uniform. Nice set. -- Al

A very impressive, and intimidating uniform. Nice set. -- Al

Thanks Al. Interestingly, Hiriart also has two other Mexican military acadamy sets in its catalog, 1349 Navy and 1350 Air Force, where they are wearing similar knee-length frock coats.

This is Hiriart's Set 1305 WORLD WAR I U.S. MARINES. The first photo is a stock photo of the catalog set while photos two and three are the set as I ordered it with a second flagfbearer. In addition, I also ordered an add-on set with 10 extra men.

Attachments

• 1305 WWI US  Marines.JPG
    1305 WWI US Marines.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 1305 color party (1).JPG
    1305 color party (1).JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 1305 color party (2).JPG
    1305 color party (2).JPG
    372.5 KB · Views: 189
This is Hiriart's Set 1305 WORLD WAR I U.S. MARINES. The first photo is a stock photo of the catalog set while photos two and three are the set as I ordered it with a second flagfbearer. In addition, I also ordered an add-on set with 10 extra men.

Great set Mike. Tommy

This is Hiriart's Set 1050 THE ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT which I have with two extra men. It is the only Canadian themed set I currently have in my collection, but I do have Hiriart's Princess Pat's Light Infantry and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on future orders.

Attachments

• 1050 Royal Canadian Regt.JPG
    1050 Royal Canadian Regt.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 1050 ROYAL CANADIAN REGT..JPG
    1050 ROYAL CANADIAN REGT..JPG
    94 KB · Views: 171
This is Hiriart's Set 1010 ROYAL MARINE LIGHT INFANTRY which Buster and I received in November. This version has two drummers which are not found in the standard catalog set. We both ordered extra figures to go with our sets last year and Buster has ordered an addition 9 man add-on set this year. The second photo is the standard catalog set while the third photo is a close-up of the flags.

Attachments

• 100_2551.JPG
    100_2551.JPG
    328 KB · Views: 161
  • 1010 RMLI Colour Party (1).JPG
    1010 RMLI Colour Party (1).JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 1010 RMLI Colour Party (2).JPG
    1010 RMLI Colour Party (2).JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 189
This is a stock photo of my Hiriart Set 1311 JAPANESE INFANTRY, 1904. It is unusual in that the figures are running at port arms whereas the vast majority of Hiriart's sets are marching at the slope or sometimes marching with slung arms.

Attachments

• 1311 Japanese Inf 1904.JPG
    1311 Japanese Inf 1904.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 195
This is a stock photo of my Hiriart Set 1318 RUSSIAN INFANTRY, 1904, from the Russo-Japanese War. It has the figures advancing in the classic Russian pose.

Attachments

• 1318 Russian Inf 1904.JPG
    1318 Russian Inf 1904.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 274
This is a new Hiriart set that was added to the catalog in the fall and that I received in November: Set 1353 ARMA DEI CARABINIERI, ITALIA.

Attachments

• 1353 Arma dei Carabinieri, Italia (2).JPG
    1353 Arma dei Carabinieri, Italia (2).JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 1353 Arma Dei Carabinieri, Italia.JPG
    1353 Arma Dei Carabinieri, Italia.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 226
This is a stock photo of Hiriart's Set 1184 THE DUKE OF ALBANY'S OWN SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS, 1914 which I added to my collection three years ago.

Attachments

• 1184 Seaforth Highlanders 1914.JPG
    1184 Seaforth Highlanders 1914.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 210
This is one of the first Hiriart sets I ever purchased: Set 1179 ITALIAN ALPINI MOUNTAIN INFANTRY.

Attachments

• 1179 WWI Italian Alpini.JPG
    1179 WWI Italian Alpini.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 199
This is Hiriart's Set 1264 ALPINI MOUNTAIN ARTILLERY which compliments the set on the previous post. Another Hiriart collector has ordered a variation of this set with four pack mules with boxes rather than the mountain gun.

Attachments

• 1264 WWI Italian Alpini Mtn Artillery.jpg
    1264 WWI Italian Alpini Mtn Artillery.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 188
The Italian sets are especially nice. I really like that sharp looking Carabinieri mounted set. -- Al

The Italian sets are especially nice. I really like that sharp looking Carabinieri mounted set. -- Al

Thanks Al. I also like the Italian sets that Hiriart makes. The Carabinieri were a new, non-catalog set that Bob Walker ordered which Hiriart had to research, make new molds, etc.; they subsequently added it to their catalog as set 1353. I usually also order a set for me when ever Bob orders one of his specials. The next couple orders will feature new, late 19th century Russian cavalry units starting with the Grodno Hussars this year.

Just finished spending time viewing your last two pages of photos Mike and thanks for taking the time in posting and sharing them.......Joe{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Just finished spending time viewing your last two pages of photos Mike and thanks for taking the time in posting and sharing them.......Joe{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Hi Joe,

Your welcome, it is my pleasure to post these photos on behalf of all the glossy toy soldier collectors out there. BTW, I am posting four new Hiriart Turkish sets on the Hiriart forum today which you might enjoy looking at. I intend to order all four sets in the future.

Mike

This is Hiriart's Set 1262 WORLD WAR I ITALIAN INFANTRY. It is unusual in that they are wearing Adrian helmets, which you don't see all that often on WWI Italian figures. Beau Gest makes a nice series of WWI Italian sets wearing soft caps.

Attachments

• 1262.JPG
    1262.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 206

Users who are viewing this thread

Back