Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (1 Viewer)

Al,

Although I don't have this Hiriart non-catalog band in my collection, I thought you might like to see what Bob Walker ordered based on Set 1331 POLISH LANCERS, 1934. He also ordered the extra four trumpeters.

Mike

Attachments

• 1331 BAND.JPG
    1331 BAND.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 1331 TRUMPETERS.JPG
    1331 TRUMPETERS.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 298
Those Lancers are sweet!

Thanks for sharing them. Now the tough question what do they cost? If you could let me know I am interested in them. PM or email if you would like.

Dave

Those Lancers are sweet!

Thanks for sharing them. Now the tough question what do they cost? If you could let me know I am interested in them. PM or email if you would like.

Dave

Hi Dave,

It is my pleasure to share them with you. The cost is not so tough: Hiriart nine figure infantry or five figure cavalry sets are $135. That is only $15 per foot figure or $27 per mounted figure. If you are still interested please contact me directly at matara42@roadrunner.com. BTW, I have already submitted my 120 set 2013 order to Hiriart and my 2014 order is also complete at 120 sets; however, seven of those 2014 sets are for general re-sale and I can delete and replace them for any specific sets.

Mike

Al,

Although I don't have this Hiriart non-catalog band in my collection, I thought you might like to see what Bob Walker ordered based on Set 1331 POLISH LANCERS, 1934. He also ordered the extra four trumpeters.

Mike
Mike, thanks for posting this gorgeous set. The grey horses, offset by the red trim and banners, have quite a striking impact. -- Al

Hi Dave,

It is my pleasure to share them with you. The cost is not so tough: Hiriart nine figure infantry or five figure cavalry sets are $135. That is only $15 per foot figure or $27 per mounted figure. If you are still interested please contact me directly at matara42@roadrunner.com. BTW, I have already submitted my 120 set 2013 order to Hiriart and my 2014 order is also complete at 120 sets; however, seven of those 2014 sets are for general re-sale and I can delete and replace them for any specific sets.

Mike

I should have mentioned the price for Hiriart bands: Nine figure mounted bands including a drum horse are $260 as are 19 to 21 figure foot bands.

This is another Hiriart set I have in my collection representing World War II secondary powers: Set 1254 WORLD WAR II FINNISH INFANTRY. Their uniforms are based on "Blandford Military Uniforms of the World in Colour" plate number 476. I posted a photo of this set a while back under the Hiriart forum, but thought I would also post it here for those of you who didn't see it there.

Attachments

• 1254 WWII Finnish Inf.JPG
    1254 WWII Finnish Inf.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 203
For a little country , Finland did some serious butt kickin in WW2. She was caught in the middle between the Soviets on and the Nazis.

For a little country , Finland did some serious butt kickin in WW2. She was caught in the middle between the Soviets on and the Nazis.

I have a great deal of respect for the Finns. Not everyone remembers that Finland was invaded by the Soviet Union prior to Operation Barbarossa and initially handed the Soviets a humiliating defeat during the so-called Winter War. Churchill wanted to help the Finns, but the Soviet steamroller subsequently defeated them before he could act. I wonder who different World War II history would have been if the British had been able to intervene and if the Soviet's inital poor showing had not lulled Hitler into severely underestimating Soviet military prowess. When the Finns later became Germany's allies, they retook the areas that the Soviet Union had siezed from them earlier and refused to to advance any further despite Germany's insistence.

This is another version of Hiriart WORLD WAR II FINNISH INFANTRY that I ordered which shows the Finns in their combat uniforms. The basis for this set, and the Hungarians, Slovaks, Romanians, and Italians that I am also ordering, is Osprey's Men-at-Arms Number 131 "Germany's Eastern Front Allies, 1941-45."

Attachments

• 1254 WINTER.JPG
    1254 WINTER.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 166
This is a Hiriart non-catalog set I ordered this year: WORLD WAR II SPANISH BLUE (AZUL) DIVISION, EASTERN FRONT. The figures are based on Osprey's Men-at-Arms Number 103 "Germany's Spanish Volunteers 1941-45." I especially like the set's officers who retained their Spanish identity with their red berets and khaki pants. The flag is that of the 2nd Battalion, Pimentel Regiment, Spanish Volunteer Division. Note the Spanish shield decal on their helmets and the red yoke-and-arrows emblem of the Falangists on their left breast pockets.

This division, after training and equipping in Grafenwohr, Germany, was officially designated the 250th Infantry Division and was assigned to the XXXVIII Corps of the 18th Army of Army Group North in October 1941. The division sustained 12,726 casualties during the war including 3,934 dead, 8,466 wounded, and 326 missing. In 1954, the Soviets finally returned about 250 Spanish prisioners of war to Spain.

Attachments

• Division Azul SPAIN WW2.JPG
    Division Azul SPAIN WW2.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Division Azul SPAIN WW2 b.JPG
    Division Azul SPAIN WW2 b.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
In the previous post, I forgot to point out the blue shirt collars that most of the men are wearing over their Wehrmacht tunic collars. As you probably know, the Spanish Falangists wore blue shirts.

This is a stock photo of a Hiriart non-catalog set that I have in my collection: WORLD WAR II KUBAN COSSACKS IN GERMAN SERVICE.

Attachments

• WW II KUBAN COSSAKS.JPG
    WW II KUBAN COSSAKS.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 162
Another Hiriart non-catalog set I have is WORLD WAR II GERMAN CAVALRY, EASTERN FRONT. Although you can't see the bugle in the stock photo, the figure not wearing a helmet, is a bugler.

Attachments

• WW II GERMAN CAVALRY.JPG
    WW II GERMAN CAVALRY.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 184
This Hiriart stock photo is of my Set 1168 FRENCH CHASSEURS D'AFRIQUE. This is the uniform that the Chasseurs wore during the Boxer Rebellion in 1900 and during the inital stages of World War I. Lovely set.

Attachments

• 1168 Chasseurs de Africa France.jpg
    1168 Chasseurs de Africa France.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 177
Here is my Hiriart Set 1168 FRENCH CHASSEURS D'AFRIQUE as I have it on display.

Attachments

• 100_1466.JPG
    100_1466.JPG
    536.8 KB · Views: 138
This is a stock photo of my Hiriart Set 1115 FRENCH CHASSEURS A CHEVEL.

Attachments

• 1115  Chasseurs a Cheval France.JPG
    1115 Chasseurs a Cheval France.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 144
Lovely sets of the different French cavalry regiments. -- Al

This is a close-up of the flag bearer from post #493 in Set 1093 GARDE REPUBLICAINE A PIED FRANCAISE.

Attachments

• 1093 FLAG.JPG
    1093 FLAG.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 144
This close-up shows the back of the Polish Infantryman from Set 13411 ARMIA POLSKA, 1939 that was found on post #498.

Attachments

• 1341 a.JPG
    1341 a.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 139

Users who are viewing this thread

Back