Miracle at St. Anna (1 Viewer)

Lewey Gun Vick

Sergeant Major
Has anyone else seen this! I would suggest you do, saw it with the old man, combat veteran, is one of the few war films that can bring tears to his eyes.

Vick

Would love too see it. Family went to the movies late yesterday afternoon { pouring rain, didnt feel like being outside so what the heck} and we settled on "AN AMerican Carol" as we could ALL agree for once.Thumbs up for me.
Don't know much about Miracle but it looks very interesting.Deeply Moving ones emotions= good movie in my book. Will check it out tonite as weathers miserable and I actually do have one friend that is interested in seeing it.
Thanks for the heads up!

FUBaRrrrrRr

Wouldn't suggest taking the kids lots of unneeded nudity!:mad:

this is not a joke,

Vick

The reviews on it were not very good, but since Vick reports a lot of nudity, female I hope, I may have to see it!
Gary

I wish it had been made by someone else. I don't give Spike Lee my money.

Just because it is made by Spike Lee made it does not mean it was bad! My old man is not a fan of Spike Lee, but he did give Spike Lee his creds this time!

Vick:D

I don't think we are saying its bad, or good.

Were just saying we don't support with our $$$ anything he is involved with.

I personally didn't care for him giving Clint Eastwood the business.:eek:

That I totally agree with you Njja, I was furious when I heard him attack Clint!

Vick

I'm not saying whether Spike Lee is a good or bad director. I just don't like his race-baiting politics and won't give him my money. The same goes for about a dozen or so actors. For example, I think Sean Penn and Tim Robbins are excellent actors but I don't buy any of their DVDs or pay to see their movies because of their politics and belief that they think once they become famous they are on par with Kissinger.

My money and my decision. I will wait for it to appear on HBO.

Kind of a shame that folks won't go see the movie because of who directed it, completely understand why, although I have heard the story is a good one and the battle scenes aren't bad, so I doubt Spike directed them.

Just goes to show you actors should act and directors should direct and keep their fleabrained opinions to themselves.

Or as my Dad likes to say "Much better to be silent and thought the fool than open ones piehole and remove all doubt".

Count me in as one who will stay away from this one.

Kind of a shame that folks won't go see the movie because of who directed it, completely understand why, although I have heard the story is a good one and the battle scenes aren't bad, so I doubt Spike directed them.

Just goes to show you actors should act and directors should direct and keep their fleabrained opinions to themselves.

Or as my Dad likes to say "Much better to be silent and thought the fool than open ones piehole and remove all doubt".

Count me in as one who will stay away from this one.

I do not see Woody Alan movies anymore. Some peoples should stay out of trouble and politics. I will just finish the book. Bound to be better anyway. so I agree with you Warrior:)

What I would like to know before seeing this, is how does it depict the German soldiers? As bumbling Sgt. Schultz caricatures or as monstrous evildoers who commit unjustified war crimes at every possible opportunity? To date, there does not seem to be any middle ground (or room for the nuances of real history) in Hollywood's depiction of the German armed forces in WW2.

I'm not saying whether Spike Lee is a good or bad director. I just don't like his race-baiting politics and won't give him my money. The same goes for about a dozen or so actors. For example, I think Sean Penn and Tim Robbins are excellent actors but I don't buy any of their DVDs or pay to see their movies because of their politics and belief that they think once they become famous they are on par with Kissinger.

My money and my decision. I will wait for it to appear on HBO.

Uh Oh........I like the way this man thinks!:D

I go to movies to be entertained, as soon as the "Actors" try to use their

fame to influence citizens to their political point of view.......I'm Gone!:D

I hadn't heard about the movie but this article makes interesting reading. Spike Lee's attitude to the Italians is basically "deal with it." Not going to win too many friends that way.

In addition, he said he made the movie to counteract the Clint Eastwood Pacific movies because Blacks weren't shown. It's one thing to want to make a movie about the contributions of Black soldiers in WW II but quite another to use that as the rationale for making the movie.

It sounds like yet another example of too much attention being paid to a movie based on a novel. Controversy sells.

...To date, there does not seem to be any middle ground (or room for the nuances of real history) in Hollywood's depiction of the German armed forces in WW2.

I was about to say I disagree and give "Das Boot" as an example, till I remembered that that was a German production. You're right, I cannot think of an American war film that fits the bill.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back