Movie Related Series Ideas (1 Viewer)

The Military Workshop

Registered Member
Since we will be having Sand Pebbles related figures I think it might be fun to consider other Movie/TV series so here are a few to get the thread going.

The Great Escape - Steve McQueen jumping over fence on M/C, side view of tunnel section/digging with Charles Bronson sliding on his trolley, and the Ltd Ed roll call set with 100 figures.

MASH TV series with operating theatre setting, Hotlips in the shower and multiple versions of Klinger !!

My favourite suggestion would have to be Lord of the Rings but the copyright fees would be too much.

Any other ideas ?

Regards
Brett

MASH TV series with operating theatre setting, Hotlips in the shower and multiple versions of Klinger !!
Brett

Not quite a shower scene or Cpl Klinger, but look at the neat new US medical tent that will be produced by Build-a-rama in cooperation with Figarti and note the US Army medical figures from Figarti and Honour Bound. You aren't far off. Now we need K&C to do a US stretcher team like the one they did for the Germans and to re-do their WC54 US ambulance to newer standards!

Gary

The obvious request here is "Combat" with Sgt. Saunders and crew. General Frank Savage and his B-17 from "12 O'Clock High" would also have to fly in. The jeeps of "Rat Patrol" chasing Hans Gudegeist all over Northern Calif...err, Afrika should be there too. -- lancer

Dad's army . the figuur from the graet war movies
steve mcqueen from the graet escape .on motor .
the sherman from kelly's herros .
:cool::D:rolleyes:

Not quite a shower scene or Cpl Klinger, but look at the neat new US medical tent that will be produced by Build-a-rama in cooperation with Figarti and note the US Army medical figures from Figarti and Honour Bound. You aren't far off. Now we need K&C to do a US stretcher team like the one they did for the Germans and to re-do their WC54 US ambulance to newer standards!

Gary

I'm with you Gary.

We're in desperate need for the WC54 Ambulance.

Carlos

Since we will be having Sand Pebbles related figures I think it might be fun to consider other Movie/TV series so here are a few to get the thread going.

The Great Escape - Steve McQueen jumping over fence on M/C, side view of tunnel section/digging with Charles Bronson sliding on his trolley, and the Ltd Ed roll call set with 100 figures.

My favourite suggestion would have to be Lord of the Rings but the copyright fees would be too much.

Any other ideas ?

Regards
Brett

Britains did a great Lord of the Rings series a few years back - some of which are very cheap on Ebay and some of which are amazingly expensive!
Here in the UK for the last several years there's been a Lord of the Rings magazine that comes with a metal figure each fortnight. So far i'm up to 120 something figures and it's still continuing!!!
They're good quality figures for £6.99.

I would love to see figures from the Three Musketeers; "All for One.....":D There are many good characters there. Frankly any movie version would do but I would favor the 73 one with Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Michael York, Charleton Heston and Christopher Lee. I would swap Julie Delpy for Raquel and Rebecca DeMonay for Faye however.:cool:
Gladiator would be nice too.;)

Perhaps something linked with the crusades?

Or do you want to start Lawrence of Arabia?

JP

Will someone please make a Kelly's Heroes Sherman with all the characters/cast. That and a pirate ship is all I want.....

TD

My vote would go too "The man who would be King"
or maybe "Four feathers" as a secound pick.

The obvious request here is "Combat" with Sgt. Saunders and crew. General Frank Savage and his B-17 from "12 O'Clock High" would also have to fly in. The jeeps of "Rat Patrol" chasing Hans Gudegeist all over Northern Calif...err, Afrika should be there too. -- lancer

ONTC already has their set names as Combat episodes.

How about Saints and Soldiers or Von Ryan's Express (may be a big idea too big))

I don't think Andy would want to put the actors names on the figures.

Another vote for Kelly's Heroes. Man I loved that movie when I was growing up!! Although I probably wouldn't buy it, I would think there is a pretty good market for the MASH idea.

Will someone please make a Kelly's Heroes Sherman with all the characters/cast. That and a pirate ship is all I want.....

TD
An oddball sherman, with Kelly, Big Joe, Crapgame, and our mechanical genius Moriarity along for the ride.

I second "A Man Who Would Be King" or "March or Die"

How about the "Planet of the Apes" an army of gorillas would be pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back