Movie Related Series Ideas (1 Viewer)

Sorry to be the party spoiler here, and this is just my take on this, K&C or any other manufacturer can make whatever they want that they believe can turn themselves a profit, but I personally would not be interested in nor purchase any TV/movie fictional character figure or actor portraying an actual historical figure. I'd rather the figure resemble the actual historical personality to the best of their capability. Anything other than that is not for me.

Sorry to be the party spoiler here, and this is just my take on this, K&C or any other manufacturer can make whatever they want that they believe can turn themselves a profit, but I personally would not be interested in nor purchase any TV/movie fictional character figure or actor portraying an actual historical figure. I'd rather the figure resemble the actual historical personality to the best of their capability. Anything other than that is not for me.
Well each to his own but there is no harm in having both.:);)

I think Wraith summed it up perfectly for me.
Kelly's Heroes with crew on top.
Blackhawk Down with the Blackhawk and the two Delta snipers, SFC Randy Shughart and MSG Gary Gordon, who were awarded the Medal of Honor.

The Magnificent Seven with some Commancheroes would be good.
I totally agree with Zulu but Andy of K&C points out has been done a lot by others.

Keep em coming guys.

Brett

How about something that relates to the upcoming "Valkyrie" movie recounting von Stauffenberg's attempt to assassinate Hitler? I don't have high hopes for the movie - last I heard they are releasing it over Christmas(?), but maybe a nice SL set could be made of that. It also avoids the copyright issue since this is a real event.

Or "Public Enemies" the upcoming Johnny Depp movie about the gangsters of the 1930's (John Dillinger, Bonnie & Clyde, Machine Gun Kelly etc).

The Great Escape - Steve McQueen jumping over fence on M/C, side view of tunnel section/digging with Charles Bronson sliding on his trolley, and the Ltd Ed roll call set with 100 figures.

Regards
Brett[/QUOTE]

I got to agree with Brett, and the GREAT ESCAPE! Think about the different Vertical diorama that you could make and hang on the wall!! A guard tower with some wire fence, a couple of Barracks and then "THE TUNNEL". Show Steve McQueen sitting in the Cooler with his baseball and glove while others are digging and crawling through a tunnel just short of the woods!
Larry

I am glad Black Hawk Down got 2 other posters support.

I think the diorama's would look amazing of crashed choppers and rangers / special forces defending them.

Anyway it the start of the weekend in Bahrain so I'm going to chill out after a manic week at work and watch the late night move on cable ... you've guessed it ... Black Hawk Down !!! I kid you not

Gary

I am glad Black Hawk Down got 2 other posters support.

I think the diorama's would look amazing of crashed choppers and rangers / special forces defending them.

Anyway it the start of the weekend in Bahrain so I'm going to chill out after a manic week at work and watch the late night move on cable ... you've guessed it ... Black Hawk Down !!! I kid you not

Gary

I've still got an 1/35 Acadamy Humvee, Dragon Delta Force and Rangers figure sets and Monroe Perdu building stashed ready to do a mini dio. Just need the time......

Cromwell...

I think the English Civil War would be great...especially Cromwell's Ironsides

Very colourful era, musket, pike, canon and cavalry

Band of Brothers... I dont think i should have to say anything else... Ok i will as a back up Kellys Heroes would be cool too...

the three musketeers, beau geste or wee willie winkie come to mind or even gunga din

How about the commando teams and Chetniks from the Navarone movies? Or Clint and Richard Burton from "Where Eagles Dare"? With a Tante Ju in 1/32, too.

How about the commando teams and Chetniks from the Navarone movies? Or Clint and Richard Burton from "Where Eagles Dare"? With a Tante Ju in 1/32, too.

Very cool suggestions!:cool::cool: How about the cable car from Where Eagles Dare?:cool:

I note Louis's interest in a "Where Eagles Dare" cable car.
Would that be with the stations at either end and the cable going from the floor to the ceiling in your display room with the great movie theme playing in the background ?!
Cheers Brett

Great movies both, as are Kelly's Heroes and Band of Brothers (mini-series) but apart from the main characters, don't you already have these in the myriad WWII releases to date? Something that has not been done well would seem more interesting.

Great movies both, as are Kelly's Heroes and Band of Brothers (mini-series) but apart from the main characters, don't you already have these in the myriad WWII releases to date? Something that has not been done well would seem more interesting.

Hi, Spitfrnd, the subjects might be covered, that is, there may be generic "commandos", but I'm not sure anyone has ever done what would be more or less character figures from those movies. That's what I was thinking of. And I don't know if any toy soldier manufacturer has ever done Chetniks. The French underground is represented, as we know, in K&C's range.

Prost!
Brad

As a small sidebar, I just enjoyed watching "The Dam Busters" last night.

What an interesting and fun movie, its available from Amazon.com, and I

think a lot of you would enjoy it.

As I watched it I imagined Andy taking notes which resulted in several of the

vehicles, and of coures the new Lancaster.

The special effects are "dated" but fun!

May I suggest those interested "theat" themselves to this fun movie, stick it

on the shelf for a raininy day!

A nice way to spend an afternoon!

Attachments

• the dam busters-.jpg
    the dam busters-.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 60
  • the dam busters-1.jpg
    the dam busters-1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 61
Very enjoyable,as you say forget the credit crunch and lose yourself in this excellant good old fashioned war film for an afternoon.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back