Movie Related Series Ideas (1 Viewer)

As for film related series,please anything but Kellys heroes its not even a war film but light entertainment.And not very good entertainment at that!.Despite its many flaws at least Battle of the Bulge was based on a real event.

Rob

As for film related series,please anything but Kellys heroes its not even a war film but light entertainment.And not very good entertainment at that!.Despite its many flaws at least Battle of the Bulge was based on a real event.

Rob

Get ready to duck!

:D

Sorry no offence to fans of Kellys heroes but its rubbish.;):D
Now Rob, play nice. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it isn't good.;):D I certainly respect your right not to like it but rubbish is a bit too strong for even me.;):D If we are speaking objectively, I would just say respectfully that your observation is completely pear-shaped mate.:D:D

Now Rob, play nice. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it isn't good.;):D I certainly respect your right not to like it but rubbish is a bit too strong for even me.;):D If we are speaking objectively, I would just say respectfully that your observation is completely pear shaped mate.:D:D

Yeah i'm only kidding mate;).Its not a fave of mine but i understand its very popular:D.

Rob

Yeah i'm only kidding mate;).Its not a fave of mine but i understand its very popular:D.

Rob

Y'know what - i don't like it very much either. It just seems a bit strange somehow - like it's WW2 in a parallel universe where the 70's happened in the 40's!

Y'know what - i don't like it very much either. It just seems a bit strange somehow - like it's WW2 in a parallel universe where the 70's happened in the 40's!

There ya go again wid de negative waves.

As Rob knows only too well, Kelly's Heroes is a classic war film, an epic in our time, with historically accurate portrayals of the 1940's hippie movement.
He likes it really, but you know what Rob is like for constantly wanting to stir up trouble on the forum.

Rob, no need to add any more mate, everyone now knows your true feelings about this film (no need to thank me btw, my pleasure). You can counter it if you like, but all that will show is that you are in denial. ;)

Oddball

Woof woof!

There ya go again wid de negative waves.

As Rob knows only too well, Kelly's Heroes is a classic war film, an epic in our time, with historically accurate portrayals of the 1940's hippie movement.
He likes it really, but you know what Rob is like for constantly wanting to stir up trouble on the forum.

Rob, no need to add any more mate, everyone now knows your true feelings about this film (no need to thank me btw, my pleasure). You can counter it if you like, but all that will show is that you are in denial. ;)

Oddball

Woof woof!

Hey man, lets just drink some wine, eat some cheese and catch some rays - heh?

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not someone who takes on t'ree Tigers"

Indeed, and how do we know it didn't somewhere far, far away?:D

WHAT !

KELLY'S HEROES IS A CLASSIC !

:D :D :D

NEGATIVE WAVES there man - Negative Waves ;)

Attachments

• KH2.jpg
    KH2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 107
WHAT !

KELLY'S HEROES IS A CLASSIC !

:D :D :D

NEGATIVE WAVES there man - Negative Waves ;)
Of course, I agree. Maybe everyone who thinks otherwise should reveal their true identity?;):D Hey, what the....:confused: Looks like Harry hijacked my post again.:D

Rob

Good on you Rob, you forum rebel you :D I actually bought the Kelly's Heroes DVD because it was recommended by so many forum members. However the closest I came to a good laugh throughout the movie was a wry smile on less than two occasions :eek: To be fair to the movie I guess it just wasn't meant for a non American audience.

Good on you Rob, you forum rebel you :D I actually bought the Kelly's Heroes DVD because it was recommended by so many forum members. However the closest I came to a good laugh throughout the movie was a wry smile on less than two occasions :eek: To be fair to the movie I guess it just wasn't meant for a non American audience.

You raise two good points, Digger. I don't think it was meant to be a laugh riot, but rather, it's an action-adventure set in WWII. And there definitely seems to be a US-Commonwealth divide in getting the humor that is in the movie. I think you're right, you probably have to have grown up here.

But it would be cool to see some 54mm portrait figures of the main characters. Altough, there are already large-scale figures, by one of the 1/6th manufacturers.

Prost!
Brad

You raise two good points, Digger. I don't think it was meant to be a laugh riot, but rather, it's an action-adventure set in WWII. And there definitely seems to be a US-Commonwealth divide in getting the humor that is in the movie. I think you're right, you probably have to have grown up here.

But it would be cool to see some 54mm portrait figures of the main characters. Altough, there are already large-scale figures, by one of the 1/6th manufacturers.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for the clarification Brad, I really was expecting some side splitting laughs like in Blazing Saddles.

Guys i swear on my full head of hair i had no idea my comments would even be noticed!:eek:;)

I gratefully accept the academy award of 'Forum rebel of the week',but its really been a team effort(wipes tear from eye).I'd like to thank James,Simon,Oz,Spitfrnd,Jennifer Anniston,Eva Longoria and the guy who invented Cadbury Cream eggs..guys, this ones for you!(Sniff)

Look out for my next thread entitled 'Band of Brother's-is it REALLY any good?':D

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back