Movie/TV News (5 Viewers)

TUESDAY, JUNE 23

FOUNDATION---trailer released for the Apple TV+ series based on the Issac Asimov novels.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgbPSA94Rqg

ATLANTIS---Colin Trevorrow (JURASSIC WORLD) will direct this movie on the mythical lost city of Atlantis which was “on a lost continent in the Indian Ocean between Africa, India and Oceania“ and was a "multicultural civilization with its own advanced technology.” Dante Harper (EDGE OF TOMORROW) is the writer.

ATLANTIS-FOTOR.jpg

THE FLASH---sources claim Michael Keaton is in "the very early stages" of negotiations to return as Batman in a mentor role in the Warner Bros. movie, "If these talks make, sources say Keaton could end up playing Batman in a mentor capacity, a bit like Sam Jackson’s Nick Fury, and appear in multiple movies. BATGIRL is one of the possible projects." Another source said about the negotiations, “it is far from a sure thing, and can go either way”.

FLASH-BATMAN-FOTOR.jpg

GREMLINS 3---writer Carl Ellsworth (DISTURBIA) commented on the unmade sequel, “The last time I touched it is now going on three years ago. I was so excited to do it. I got the chance to work with Chris [Columbus], and I loved the story we came up with. I’m so bummed that it hasn’t seen the light of day yet. What might have been, what could have been!”
He added, “These little creatures—what they’re really doing, they’re cold-blooded little murderers, you know? They’re psychotic little creatures that are killing everybody. So that’s where it all started...I tried to preserve the humor, but at the same time, I was starting with the foundation of this being a horror movie, which I was really thrilled about.”
Ellsworth continued, “I became friendly along the way with Zach Galligan, the original Billy Peltzer, and he was so eager to return to the role. He was excited, I guess, by the idea that he and Gizmo should be the equivalent of Han Solo and Chewie in STAR WARS: THE AWAKENS. And he wasn’t too far off from where we were going....There was, I believe, a smaller role for Billy’s girlfriend, played [in the first two movies] by Phoebe Cates. But Gizmo was at the very core of the story; it explored more of the mythology and the
history of the Gremlins.”

GREMLINS-3-FOTOR.jpg

THE CULLING---Lionsgate supernatural movie underway about a priest who moves into a remote cabin to battle the demon that terrorized his family when he was a child. David F. Sandberg (SHAZAM!) is the director.

DUST---Claire Foy stars in this horror movie set in the 1930s Oklahoma where a young mother is trapped in a dust storm and encounters a mysterious presence.

THE INVENTOR---Daisy Ridley and Stephen Fry will provide the voices for this animated Leonardo Da Vinci biomovie.

LUCIFER---Netflix renewed the series for Season 6 which will be the last season.

PERRY MASON--the HBO series premiere drew an impressive 1.7 million viewers.

YELLOWSTONE---the Season 3 premiere had 4.2 million viewers which is a 76% increase over Season 2.

V/H/S/ 94---David Bruckner is developing a reboot of the horror anthology movie.

CHICKEN RUN---Netflix is developing a sequel to the stop-motion animated movie.

TRIVIA---in Don Siegel's CHARLEY VARRICK, after the bank robbery, Sheriff Bill Horton encounters a little boy who is played by Walter Matthau's son, Charlie.

CHARLEY-VARRICK-WALTER-MATTHAU-FOTOR.jpg

CHARLEY-VARRICK-CHARLIE-MATTHAU-FOTOR-2.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24

WAITING FOR THE BARBARIANS---trailer released for the movie starring Mark Rylance, Johnny Depp and Robert Pattinson.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PrjWoBsFic

AVA---trailer released for the female assassin movie starring Jessica Chastain.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaJBa8R4kVQ

BLACK WATER: ABYSS---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIbRs6jwU_c

DUNE---David Lynch commented on his failed sci fi movie, “I’m proud of everything except DUNE. I’ve liked so much working on different movies. It’s not so much about pride but the enjoyment of doing, the enjoyment of the work. I’ve enjoyed working in all these different mediums. I feel really lucky to have been able to enjoy those things and to be able to live.”

DUNE-FOTOR.jpg

BUM'S RUSH---Anne Hathaway and Bill Murray will star in this buddy movie about a boot maker who befriends a stray dog. Hathaway will play the boot maker, and Murray will provide the voice for the dog, Bum. Robert Duvall is in talks to co-star.

BUM-S-RUSH-FOTOR.jpg

RUN RABBIT RUN---Elisabeth Moss will star in this horror movie about a fertility doctor who is confronted with a ghost from her past after her daughter begins having erratic behavior problems.

THE OTHER DR. GILMER---movie underway based on the book about beloved North Carolina Dr. Vince Gilmer who murdered and mutilated his father after checking him out of a psychiatric facility. Gilmer's successor, Dr. Benjamin Gilmer (no relation) investigated the bizarre murder.

EVIL DEAD---Bruce Campbell talked about the sequel, “The official name is EVIL DEAD RISE. We’re getting a new draft in. I don’t think anything will happen until 2021. Full bore ahead, we’re very excited about it. A whole, new ballgame. No more CABIN IN THE WOODS.”

OUTBACK DRACULA---spiritual sequel to VELOCIPASTOR is set in 1880s Australia where a psychic lesbian teacher and the world's greatest adventurer team up to save her girlfriend from Dracula and his Golden Army of the Undead.

NANCY WU DONE IT---Jessica Henwick and Kai Yu Wu star in this Amazon tv series about an Asian-American young adult mystery writer who is transported into one of her novels and teams up with the main character to solve the mystery.

HOTEL DEL LUNA---US remake underway of the South Korean tv series about a mystical hotel that caters to spirits who complete unfinished business before entering the afterlife.

GREATEST DAYS---Ruth Wilson, Rosamund Pike and Cush Jumbo are in negotiations to star in this movie musical based on the stage musical THE BAND.

TRIVIA---although MYRA BRECKINRIDGE (Raquel Welch, Mae West, John Huston) was a huge transgender box office bomb, it was the first movie for future superstars Tom Selleck and Farrah Fawcett.

Tom Selleck played the "Stud" with Mae West in MYRA BRECKINRIDGE.

MYRA-BRECKINRIDGE-TOM-SELLECK-1-FOTOR.jpg

Farrah Fawcett played Mary Ann with Raquel Welch.

MYRA-BRECKINRIDGE-FARRAH-FAWCETT-FOTOR-3.jpg

Outback Australia sounds like a real winner.^&grin^&grin^&grin:rolleyes2:
Mark

THURSDAY, JUNE 25

GREENLAND---trailer released for the movie about a comet hitting Earth starring Gerard Butler.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8lCFxeCoQs

TWISTER---Joseph Kosinski (TOP GUN: MAVERICK) is in talks to direct the Universal Pictures reboot of the 1996 disaster movie that starred Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt.

TWISTER-FOTOR.jpg

SHRIVER---Michael Shannon, Kate Hudson, Don Johnson and Da'Vina Joy Randolph star in this comedy movie based on the novel about a small college who finds a famous author, Shriver, who has not been seen in 20 years and makes him the focus of its literary festival and his many adoring fans. However, he is really a hapless handyman whose new-found fame is threatened when the real Shriver shows up and threatens to expose him and embarrass the college.

SHRIVER.jpg

THE AFTERPARTY---Apple TV+/Chris Miller and Phil Lord murder mystery series set after a high school reunion with each episode seeing the murder from a different character's perspective.

b---this sci fi movie will be the first movie to star an artificial intelligence actor, Erica, in a plot in which a scientist helps create perfect human DNA and an AI woman. After he realizes inherent dangers in the AI, he helps her escape. Co-creator Sam Khoze said, “In other methods of acting, actors involve their own life experiences in the role. But Erica has no life experiences. She was created from scratch to play the role. We had to simulate her motions and emotions through one-on-one sessions, such as controlling the speed of her movements, talking through her feelings and coaching character development and body language.”

SUPERMAN---Henry Cavill said he wants to return a Superman, “I’ve always been a fan of Superman. With a character like that, you carry the mantle with you off set. And it becomes part of your public representation. When you meet children, children don’t necessarily see me as Henry Cavill, but they might see Superman, and there’s a responsibility which comes with that. Because it’s such a wonderful character, it’s actually a responsibility I’m happy to have, and I hope that I get to play more of Superman in years to come.”

BULLET TRAIN---David Leitch (DEADPOOL 2) will direct the Sony Pictures movie based on the Japanese novel MARIA BEETLE in which snipers battle each other on a high speed train.

ROBOTS---Emma Roberts and Jack Whitehall star in this sci fi movie about a womanizer and a gold digger who scam people using illegal robot replicas of themselves. When they scam each other, their robot replicas fall in love. The two then team up to track down their replicas before the government finds out about the robots.

THE HILLS HAVE EYES FOR YOU---Netflix romantic comedy horror movie from Eli Craig (TUCKER & DALE VS EVIL).

SUMMER FROST---sci fi movie underway based on the short story about a female virtual reality game designer who develops an emotional relationship with a VR character who acts out of programming.

TRIVIA---in THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN's famous "Does your dog bite?" scene, Graham Stark played the hotel desk clerk. As a prank, the scene was deliberately stopped again and again, so Stark had to smoke and refill his pipe. Unknown to Stark, the crew had substituted marijuana for the tobacco, and Stark was completely stoned and could not remember any of the incident the next day.

PNIK-PANTHER-STRIKES-AGAIN-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, JUNE 26

BRAVE NEW WORLD---trailer released or the Peacock tv series based on the novel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2sMgm0Szo

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Dr. Lewis Dodgson, the Biosyn villain in the original JURASSIC PARK, is returning for DOMINION and will be played by Campbell Scott, son of George C. Scott. In DOMINION, Dodgson is now head of Biosyn. Dodgson was originally played by Cameron Thor who was sentenced to prison in 2016 for sexually assaulting a 13 year-old girl.

JURASSIC-WORLD-FOTOR.jpg

ENOLA HOLMES---photo from the Netflix movie about the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes starring Millie Bobby Brown and Henry Cavill.

ENOLA-HOLMES.jpg

NINE PERFECT STRANGERS---Luke Evans (THE ALIENIST) will co-star with Nicole Kidman and Melissa McCarthy in the Hulu miniseries based on the novel.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS---Chiwetel Ejiofor said he is returning for the sequel.

LADY CHATTERLEY'S LOVER---Laure de Cleremont-Tonnerre is in negotiations to direct the movie based on the DH Lawrence novel. The 1981 movie version starred Sylvia Kristel.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD---Edgar Wright said an animated tv series based on the movie is a possibility, “There’s some plans — and there’s nothing official yet — but there are some plans to revisit the material in an animation way."

CHRISSY'S COURT---Quibi renewed the Chrissy Teigen court series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, 132 cars were destroyed and another 518 were badly damaged for a total cost of $11 million. Mercedes-Benz provided over 70 vehicles for the destructive car chase scenes.

A-GOOD-DAY-TO-DIE-HARD-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, JUNE 29

RESPECT---trailer released for the Aretha Franklin biomovie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBfVR_u_lGQ

BATMAN BEYOND---a report claims HBO Max is developing a new live-action Batman movie starring Michael Keaton with Johnny Depp possibly playing The Joker, "A live-action BATMAN BEYOND is being talked about again and this time for HBO Max although no development has begun. If they could net Keaton for it, the possibility of this materializing greatly increases. AT&T is quite excited about the commercial and social-media buzz Keaton in BATMAN BEYOND could generate for HBO Max. Only time will tell if Keaton is similarly thrilled with the idea."
Keaton is also reportedly in talks to return as Batman in THE FLASH movie.

BATMAN-BEYOND-FOTOR.jpg

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---Margot Robbie will star in the reboot movie which is reportedly a female-led reboot. Christina Hodson (BIRDS OF PREY) is the writer.

PIRATE-OF-CARIBBEAN-MARGOT-ROBBIE.jpg

LUCILLE BALL---Cate Blanchett will star in this untitled Amazon biomovie about the marriage of I LOVE LUCY stars Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. Aaron Sorkin is the writer. Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz, Jr. are the co-producers.

LUCILLE-BALL-FOTOR.jpg

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER---composer Michael Giachinno tweeted happy birthday to JJ Abrams with a photo revealing his cameo as a Sith Trooper.

STAR-WARS-MICHAEL-GIACHINNO-FOTOR.jpg

HIGHLANDER---director Chad Stahelski (JOHN WICK) commented on the remake of the 1986 Christopher Lambert movie, "We’re in heavy development mode on HIGHLANDER. Tweaking the scripts, writing, conceptualizing sequences, how we’re going to do everything. We probably have a lot more in-person kind of things, but it hasn’t slowed down our development process at all."

D.A.R.Y.L.---Tony Hale (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) will star in the TNT/TBS tv sequel to the 1985 robot movie. Hale will play the 44 year-old D.A.R.Y.L.

STAR TREK 4---Zachary Quinto said he and the rest of the original reboot cast are not involved in the new reboot movie, “It’s already thriving in the television format with DISCOVERY and PICARD and the spinoffs. I can’t even keep track of how many new STAR TREK stories are being told since our last film in 2016. All I know is that we, all of us, had an incredible experience making those films. If there is an appetite for more of those stories with us in them, I’m sure that we would all be thrilled to come back and do one more or whatever, but I’m not really attached to it anymore."

HELLBOY---Ron Perlman said he refused an offer to return for the reboot movie, “The only thing that’s stopping the third HELLBOY film is the fact that Guillermo [del Toro] is one of the busiest guys in the business. He couldn’t do it with all the stuff he’s got lined up even if wanted to. The two films had nothing to do with one another. The reboot was something I had the opportunity to participate in and decided that the only version of HELLBOY I’m interested in is the one I do with Guillermo and so in walking away from it, I truly walked away from it, and haven’t seen it or heard much about it. I wished them well, but it was not in my bailiwick.“

COUNCIL OF DADS---NBC cancelled the series.

VAGRANT QUEEN---Syfy cancelled the series.

DISCO ELYSIUM---tv series underway based on the video game.

IN MEMORIAM---HBO Max British sci fi tv series set in the future where the government issues memory chip implants.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Two actors who played Bond Villains almost played Jean-Luc Picard in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION. Yaphet Kotto, who played Dr. Kananga in LIVE AND LET DIE, Roger's Moore's first James Bond movie, said he regretted turning the Picard role down, "I think I made some wrong decisions in my life, man. I should have done that but I walked away. When you’re making movies, you’d tend to say no to TV. It’s like when you’re in college and someone asks you to the high school dance. You say no."
Patrick Bauchau, who played Scarpine in A VIEW TO A KILL, Roger Moore's last James Bond movie, was beaten out by Patrick Stewart for the Picard role. A Paramount Pictures April 13, 1987 casting memo said, "'...Patrick Bauchau did come in to read for Gene [Roddenberry] today for the role of "Picard." His reading was well received; he and Patrick Stewart seem to be the favorites for the role of "Picard."'

Yaphet Kotto, who played Dr. Kananga in LIVE AND LET DIE, Roger's Moore's first James Bond movie, said he regretted turning the Picard role down.

PICARD-YAPHET-KOTTO-FOTOR-2.jpg

PICARD-YAPHET-KOTTO-1-FOTOR.jpg

Patrick Bauchau, who played Scarpine in A VIEW TO A KILL, Roger Moore's last James Bond movie, was beaten out by Patrick Stewart for the Picard role.

PICARD-PATRICK-BAUCHAU-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, JUNE 30

STAR WARS---when a fan tweeted, "Say a genuinely nice thing about the Star Wars prequels", Rian Johnson replied, “Lucas made a gorgeous 7 hour long movie for children about how entitlement and fear of loss turns good people into fascists, and did it while spearheading nearly every technical sea change in modern filmmaking of the past 30 years.”

STAR-WARS-PREQUELS-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK: PICARD---Gates McFadden hinted she might be returning as Dr. Beverly Crusher, "Well, I don’t know. There’s a good chance, let’s put it that way. But I have no contract signed."

STAR-TREK-PICARD-GATES-FOTOR.jpg

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE---co-star Mackenzie Davis commented on the possibility of another sequel, “I really loved the movie and I’m so proud of what we did, but there wasn’t a demand for it [at the box office] and to think that there’d be a demand for a seventh film is quite insane. You should just pay attention to what audiences want – and they want new things and I want new things. There are many interesting people that don’t fit the mold of those who make these big franchises who have not had the chance to make movies. We should be investing in them right now.”

THE INVISIBLE MAN---Elisabeth Moss commented on a possible sequel, "Look, if people want it that’s kind of a big part of what we need in order to do it. So put the word out there that YOU want it and then I’ll help!"

JUSTICE LEAGUE---Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg, originally supported writer/directorJoss Whedon, who replaced Zack Snyder, “Joss is a great guy and Zack picked a good person to come in and clean up, finish up for him.” However, recently Fisher recanted his high opinion of Whedon, “I’d like to take a moment to forcefully retract every bit of this statement.” Fisher is one of the supporters of the Snyder Cut version of the movie.

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER---Anthony Mackie commented on the Marvel/Disney+ tv series, “We’re shooting it exactly like a movie. Everybody who had worked on TV before was like, ‘I’ve never worked on a TV show like this.’ The way in which we were shooting, it feels exactly like we were shooting the movie cut up into the show. So instead of a two-hour movie, a six or eight-hour movie.
It was the same group of people, coming together to make it work. And so the stunt stuff – everything is just on another level. Every show, every movie, they just push it – they push the envelope so much. So hopefully, knock on wood, we’ll be going back soon.”

DEBRIS---NBC sci fi tv series underway about two agents from two different continents who team up to investigate debris from a destroyed alien spaceship.

LOST---co-creator Damon Lindelof said the original plan was for LOST to run for only three seasons, “I’m not trying to be diplomatic, I’m trying to give you the most accurate answer the way that I remember it, which is the conversations about wanting the show to end began as early as the pilot. One of the notes that we were getting back from ABC was ‘When are you gonna resolve these mysteries? And once you resolve these mysteries, why will people keep watching the show?’ And Level One of that was, ‘Well we’re gonna be introducing new mysteries as we go. So hopefully for every one that we answer, we’ve set up a new compelling mystery. If we get that balance right, they’re not gonna stack up.’ I think that we can both agree that we did not get that balance right.”
He added, “LOST was like, ‘What’s in the hatch? What’s up with the monster? Who’s the original Sawyer? How did Locke get in the wheelchair? What is the nature of the island? Why does it appear to be moving? Who are the Others?’ There were all of these compelling mysteries and so we were saying, ‘We wanna have this stuff answered by the end of Season 1, this stuff answered by the end of Season 2, and then the show basically ends after about three years.’ That was the initial pitch, and they were not even hearing it. They looked at particularly me — Carlton [Cuse] came on about midway through Season 1 and he joined the chorus of me — but they were just like, ‘Do you understand how hard it is to make a show that people want to watch? And people like the show? So why would we end it? You don’t end shows that people are watching.’”

OZARK---Netflix renewed the series for Season 4 which will be the last season. Season 4 will be expanded with two parts of seven episodes each.

ABC---the network decided not to order the THIRTYSOMETHING sequel and THE BRIDES, a modern day horror series about the brides of Dracula in New York.

COLIN IN BLACK AND WHITE---ex-NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and Ava DuVernay are developing a Netflix miniseries on the early days of the controversial sports figure.

TRIVIA---actress/photographer Koo Stark is best known for her well-publicized 18 month-long affair with Prince Andrew, Duke of York, which ended under pressure from Queen Elizabeth. Early in her career, Stark was a candidate to play Princess Leia in the original STAR WARS. She did not get the role, but she did get the role of Camie, a friend of Luke Skywalker on Tatooine. Unfortunately, Stark's scene with Mark Hamill was deleted in the final version of the movie.

Actress/photographer Koo Stark is best known for her 18 month-long affair with Prince Andrew, Duke of York, which ended under great pressure from Queen Elizabeth.

STAR-WARS-KOO-STARK-PRINCE-ANDREW-FOTOR.jpg

Stark was a candidate to play Princess Leia in the original STAR WARS. She did not get the role, but she did get the role of Camie, a friend of Luke Skywalker on Tatooine. Unfortunately, Stark's scene with Mark Hamill was deleted in the final version of the movie.

STAR-WARS-KOO-STARK-FOTOR-2.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JULY 1

MORTAL---trailer released for the superhero movie from Andre Ovredal.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoqS0-bQ4bo

WILLY'S WONDERLAND---poster released for the Nicolas Cage horror movie about a janitor who battles evil animatronic puppets in an abandoned amusement park.

WILLY-S-WONDERLAND-FOTOR.jpg

TENET---poster released for the Christopher Nolan spy movie.
Also, a controversy arose when Anne Hathaway said Christopher Nolan does not allow chairs on the film set, "Chris also doesn’t allow chairs. I worked with him twice. He doesn’t allow chairs, and his reasoning is, if you have chairs, people will sit, and if they’re sitting, they’re not working. I mean, he has these incredible movies in terms of scope and ambition and technical prowess and emotion. It always arrives at the end under schedule and under budget. I think he’s onto something with the chair thing.”
Nolan's spokesperson clarified the chair controversy, "For the record, the only things banned from [Christopher Nolan’s] sets are cell phones (not always successfully) and smoking (very successfully). The chairs Anne was referring to are the directors chairs clustered around the video monitor, allocated on the basis of hierarchy not physical need. Chris chooses not to use his but has never banned chairs from the set. Cast and crew can sit wherever and whenever they need and frequently do.”

TENET-FOTOR.jpg

BEAUTIFUL RUINS---movie underway based on the novel set in 1962 where the innkeeper of an Italian seaside hotel falls in love with his latest guest, a beautiful Elizabeth Taylor-like actress, fresh from the set of CLEOPATRA. Niki Caro (MULAN remake) is the director.

CORONAVIRUS---untitled movie underway about the heroic Chinese medical community as it battled the initial coronavirus outbreak. Charles Randolph (THE BIG SHORT) is the writer.

NINE BODIES IN A MEXICAN MORGUE---new Quibi series about nine survivors of an airplane crash in the Mexican jungle who are being killed off one by one.

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM---HBO renewed the series for Season 11.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES---Nickelodeon CGI reboot movie underway with Seth Rogen as a co-producer.'

BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD---Comedy Central two-season reboot underway with Mike Judge returning as writer/producer and voice actor.

TRIVIA---during World War II, legendary actor Clark Gable enlisted in the US Army Air Force where he headed a motion picture unit. He flew five combat missions as an observer/gunner on a B-17 Flying Fortress bomber on raids over Nazi-occupied Europe. On one mission over Germany, enemy flak went through his boot and barely missed his head. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.
One of Gable's many fans was Nazi leader Adolf Hitler who ordered Luftwaffe head Hermann Goring to pay a bounty of $5,000 (over $74,000 in 2020 dollars) to any German fighter pilot who shot Gable's bomber down so he could be captured alive. Gable told his friend, actor David Niven, that if he were captured, he feared Hitler would "put him in a cage and charge 10 marks a look all over Germany". According to the LONDON SUNDAY TIMES, Gable's grandson had a letter written by Hitler offering the reward.

CLARK-GABLE-GWTW-FOTOR.jpg

In World War II, legendary actor Clark Gable flew five combat missions as an observer/gunner on a B-17 Flying Fortress bomber on raids over Nazi-occupied Europe.

CLARK-GABLE-GUNNER-FOTOR.jpg

One of Gable's many fans was Nazi leader Adolf Hitler who ordered Luftwaffe head Hermann Goring to pay a bounty of $5,000 (about $74,000 in 2020 dollars) to any German fighter pilot who shot Gable's bomber down so he could be captured alive. Gable told his friend, actor David Niven, that if he were captured, he feared Hitler would "put him in a cage and charge 10 marks a look all over Germany".

CLARK-GABLE-HITLER-FOTOR-2.jpg

THURSDAY, JULY 2

THE OLD GUARD---new trailer released for the Netflix superhero movie starring Charlize Theron.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9NjS8E_ziU&t=9s

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Sam Neill said he, Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern are returning for more than cameo roles, “We’re all the way through the film, Jeff, and me, and Laura… probably won’t be running quite as fast as I was 27 years ago.”

JURASSIC-WORLD-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE---producer Chris Miller hinted the sequel is underway, “The development of new groundbreaking art techniques being done for the next Spider-Verse movie are already blowing me away. It’s going to make the first movie look quaint.”

THE BOYS---Jeffrey Dean Morgan has lobbied for a role on the Amazon series, and his friend, showrunner Eric Kripke, said Morgan may co-star with Karl Urban in Season 3, “...There’s one role we’re already talking about. He has to, uh, we have to like coordinate. Because you know, he’s on THE WALKING DEAD, so he has another home. But we already talked about one role, and there might be a potential other that we’re talking about. But we are, just this past week we were literally texting back and forth about trying to figure out how to get him on the show. I don’t think it’s a done deal yet, but the will is there, and we’re both talking about it.”

BOYS-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK: THE LOWER DECKS---the CBS All Access adult-oriented animated tv series about the starship USS Cerritos in 2380 will premiere on August 6.

FROSTY THE SNOWMAN---Jason Momoa will be the voice star in this Warner Bros. live-action/CGI movie based on the 1950 Gene Autry Christmas song.

AMERICAN UNDERDOG: THE KURT WARNER STORY---Zachary Levi (SHAZAM!) will star in this biomovie about Kurt Warner, who went from being a supermarket shelf-stocker to NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP and NFL Hall of Fame quarterback.

DEADENDIA---Netflix animated comedy horror series underway based on the graphic novel.

NEVER HAVE I EVER---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

CLICKBAIT---Fionn Whitehead (DUNKIRK) stars in this new Quibi series based on the true story of Macedonian teenagers who made a fortune creating fake news during the 2016 Presidential election.

TRIVIA---in CAST AWAY, after FedEx employee Chuck Noland (Tom Hanks) is rescued from being stranded on the remote island, he returns the unopened FedEx package to its sender in Texas, Bettina Peterson. Peterson was played by country music singer Lari White, who died of cancer in 2018.

CAST-AWAY-3-FOTOR.jpg

CAST-AWAY-2-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, JULY 3

LETHAL WEAPON---Danny Glover commented on the status of the rumored fifth movie in the franchise, “I don’t want to give away the plot on the script that I read, but I found the plot had very strong relevance to some of things that are happening today. I can say that. But that was in January. History changes so fast. But yes, there’s been talk about it. I can only tell you, if it does happen, there is something extraordinary in it. If LETHAL WEAPON gives us some sort of contribution to understanding a little bit more. It would be interesting to do. It would be interesting to see how we take this within the political framework we are in; the economic framework that we are in. And especially that framework as opposed to the communities that have been affected by the kind of police violence, the kind of police standards, and the power that they exert as well. And what would be interesting from that vantage point is what that attempt could be like at this particular moment.”

LETHAL-WEAPON-FOTOR.jpg

GROUNDHOG DAY---Stephen Tobolowsky said he might be returning as insurance salesman Ned Ryerson in a tv series based on the Bill Murray movie, "There’s talk about a GROUNDHOG DAY series in the works. I was working on THE GOLDBERGS or SCHOOLED, one of those shows over on the Sony lot, and one of [the producers] saw me and goes, 'Oh, Stephen! Stephen! We're working on a GROUNDHOG DAY tv show. Could you be Ned for the tv show?' I go, 'Sure. Yeah, no problem.'" Tobolowsky gave no details on the tv series other than it is set 30 years after the movie.

GROUNDHOG-DAY-FOTOR.jpg

THE MIDWICH CUCKOOS---Sky eight-part miniseries underway based on the sci fi novel. David Farr (THE NIGHT MANAGER) is the writer. The novel inspired the 1960 movie VILLAGE OF THE ****ED and John Carpenter's 1995 remake.

MIDWICH-CUCKOOS-FOTOR.jpg

BATMAN---a rumor claims Ben Affleck signed a deal with Warner Bros. to return as Batman in any Zack Snyder/HBO Max projects including movies, cameos and miniseries. Warner Bros. has not confirmed the rumor.

SUPERMAN---Henry Cavill commented on reports that he is in negotiations with Warner Bros. to star in a new Superman movie, “The amount of speculation, the stuff I read on the Internet, is extraordinary and sometimes frustrating. It’s when you see people stating stuff as fact. Like, ‘No, that’s not the case. That hasn’t happened, and that conversation isn’t happening.’”

WILLOW---Ron Howard commented on the status of the tv series based on his 1988 fantasy movie, “Well, if I say anything too concrete it’s gonna go viral because anytime I say anything about WILLOW, people take it all very seriously.I will say that, let’s see…what can I say? It’s still in development. It doesn’t have a green light. Warwick Davis is thrilled by it and if we are lucky enough for it to go, he would come back as Willow.”
He added, “We are far enough along that in a very tentative way, locations are beginning to be scouted, and we don’t know where we’re going to shoot, but we have gotten some research photos back from Wales. It’s nice to think about where our old knock bar was, and again no idea if we’re gonna get to make the show but we’re having a wonderful time developing the scripts under Jonathan Kasdan who is leading the charge.”

THE KOMINSKY METHOD---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3 which will be the last season.

KATY KEENE---CW cancelled the series. It is reportedly being shopped to HBO Max.

THE GREAT---Hulu renewed the series for Season 3.

MY FRIEND PEDRO---Legendary Television tv series underway based on the video game.

CLONE HIGH---MTV Studios is developing a reboot of the animated comedy series.

MIDAS MAN---biomovie underway about Beatles manager Brian Epstein. Jonas Akerlund (POLAR) is the director.

MINDHUNTER---cinematographer Erik Messerschmidt commented about a possible Season 3, “We just finished this movie (MANK) and I’ve heard things are on hold for a little bit. We’ll see. Who knows? But it would be an honor to go back."

JULY 4 TRIVIA---in INDEPENDENCE DAY, President Whitmore's Independence Day speech was filmed at Wendover Airport which was Wendover Army Air Base in World War II. In September, 1944, Lt. Col. Paul Tibbets picked Wendover to be the training site for the 509th Composite Group whose B-29 Superfortress bombers would drop the atomic bombs on Japan. The 509th B-29 bombers based at Wendover included Tibbets' B-29 "Enola Gay" which dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima and the B-29 "Bockscar" which dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki which ended World War II.

In INDEPENDENCE DAY, President Whitmore's Independence Day speech was filmed at Wendover Airport which was Wendover Army Air Base in World War II.

INDEPENDENCE-DAY-SPEECH-FOTOR.jpg

The 509th B-29 bombers based at Wendover included the B-29 "Enola Gay" which dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima and the B-29 "Bockscar" which dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki which ended World War II.

INDEPENDENCE-DAY-ENOLA-GAY-FOTOR.jpg

INDEPENDENCE-DAY-BOCKSCAR-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, JULY 6

ZATANNA---Warner Bros. is reportedly developing a live-action movie based on the DC comic book superhero magician. For several years, fans have been supporting Alexandria Daddario for the role.

ZATANNA-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK WIDOW---director Cate Shortland said the movie will be used to launch a new Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise with Scarlett Johansson passing the baton to Florence Pugh, “[Kevin Feige] realized that the audience would expect an origin story so, of course, we went in the opposite direction. And we didn’t know how great Florence Pugh would be. We knew she would be great, but we didn’t know how great. Scarlett is so gracious, like, ‘Oh, I’m handing her the baton.’ So it’s going to propel another female storyline.”
She added, In ENDGAME, the fans were upset that Natasha did not have a funeral. Whereas Scarlett, when I spoke to her about it, said Natasha wouldn’t have wanted a funeral, “She’s too private, and anyway, people don’t really know who she is. So what we did in this film was allow the ending to be the grief the individuals felt, rather than a big public outpouring. I think that’s a fitting ending for her.”
Also, Tessa Thompson said the next batch of MCU movies will emphasize diversity, “I think in this next phase of Marvel, we’re really talking about what representation looks like in those spaces, Because the truth is these movies travel globally in such huge ways, and if you can represent people that are of color, if you can represent people with disabilities, if you can represent the LGBTQIA community inside of these films, it’s a pretty big deal. There’s millions and millions of people, particularly young people, that show up to the cinema. And I think if you can show them something that looks like them, they feel valued. Particularly inside of these narratives of the comic books, that’s what it’s all about. It’s that our differences make us special.”

BLACK-WIDOW-FOTOR.jpg

GREYHOUND---Tom Hanks said he is disappointed his World War II movie will premiere on Apple TV+ instead of in theaters, “An absolute heartbreak. I don’t mean to make angry my Apple overlords, but there is a difference in picture and sound quality.”

AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS---Guillermo del Toro said he intends to make the Tom Cruise movie based on the HP Lovecraft novel that was cancelled by Universal Pictures, “This is why I wear this ring, since the project got cancelled. This is the fake ring about a fake university, the one that appears in the book, Miskatonic University, and I’m gonna wear it until I make the movie. They may bury me with it.”
He added, “It’s difficult to tackle. We had James Cameron as a co-producer with me… we had Tom Cruise [to star] and we thought we were gonna get it made and we didn’t, it didn’t happen. These are not decisions you make.
Most of us filmmakers, we exist in a world that moves above our paygrade. People think that our career is a series of decisions. Our career is a series of accidents happening with your decisions on top. You don’t decide to do one movie instead of another.”

AT-MOUNTAINS-OF-MADNESS-FOTOR.jpg

JACK REACHER---writer/director Christopher McQuarrie said he and Tom Cruise planned to have an R-rated sequel, "Tom and I were talking about, had the series continued, to take Reacher to a place where, in the post-Deadpool, post-Joker world, Reacher could have been an R-rated movie and an R-rated franchise and really fed into the brutality of those books. We were fully ready to lean into that."
McQuarrie hinted at a future project, "It’s a very un-Tom character, and we have plans for an even more un-Tom character that we’ve been talking about, which I’m hopeful about in the future. The franchise has moved on, and we haven’t. So we’ve now got stuff in the hopper. The [Jack Reacher] stuff we’re talking about now is tinker toys [compared to it], I’m actually very, very excited.”

BORDERLANDS---John Boyega and Felicity Jones will star in this movie based on the book about an IRA member who seeks revenge on the SAS soldier who killed his pregnant wife.

THE GUEST---Dan Stevens commented on a possible sequel, “We’ve certainly talked about it. I’d love to work with both Adam Wingard, the director, and [screenwriter Simon Barrett] again. Adam’s pretty busy with giant apes and monsters at the moment with GODZILLA VS. KONG. Simon and I have talked about many things. A sequel to THE GUEST has come up.”
He added, “Now that it [the first film] is back on Netflix again, it is having a huge revival. That, for me, is a kind of success in and of itself. For me, in the limited career, I’ve had so far, THE GUEST has had the longest legs. People just this week, for whatever reason, are discovering it and messaging me and saying, ‘I can’t believe it took me this long to discover this film. It’s great.’ That’s really satisfying.”

In the opening credits for FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, actress Martine Beswick's name is misspelled "Martin Beswick". Beswick played Zora, one of the gypsy girls who gets in a catfight with another gypsy girl.
Beswick returned in THUNDERBALL as MI6 agent Paula Caplan---and her named was spelled correctly.

MARTINE-BESWICK-FOTOR-2.jpg

"Martin Beswick" played Zora (right), one of the gypsy girls who gets in a catfight with another gypsy girl.

DINOSAUR_DAY-MARTINE_BESWICK-FOTOR-1.jpg

Beswick returned in THUNDERBALL as MI6 agent Paula Caplan---and her named was spelled correctly.

MARTINE-BESWICK-THUNDERBALL-FOTOR.jpg

MARTINE-BESWICK-THUNDERBALL-FOTOR-2.jpg

TUESDAY, JULY 7

DIE HART---trailer released for the Quibi comedy series starring Kevin Hart and John Travolta.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6aax-WYNM

AWAY---trailer released for the Netflix series about an international manned mission to Mars starring Hillary Swank.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52y_1eC0UgQ

VALLEY OF THE GODS---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring John Malkovich and Josh Hartnett.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e02_JDYQoQ

ABOVE SUSPICION---trailer released for the Emilia Clarke movie about the first FBI agent convicted of murder.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhfumW0kIXk

CONSTANTINE---several sources claim Warner Bros. is seeking Keanu Reeves to return as DC comic book detective John Constantine for an HBO Max movie with JJ Abrams as the producer. Reeves starred in the 2005 movie CONSTANTINE. Entertainment reporter Brandon Katz tweeted, "I've heard some whispers about this. If Keanu Reeves returns, that’ll give him yet another iconic character to extend his mainstream popularity. Every decade, this dude rolls out another buzzy title to reignite the public’s love. What a movie star."

CONSTANTINE-FOTOR.jpg

BULLET TRAIN---the FIGHT CLUB duo of Brad Pitt and director David Leitch will reunite for this movie based on the Japanese novel MARIA BEETLE in which five assassins are on a bullet train.

FURIOSA---Charlize Theron said George Miller's decision to cast an actress in her 20s for a young Furiosa is, "A tough one to swallow...I fully respect George, if not more so in the aftermath of making that film with him. He’s a master, and I wish him nothing but the best. Yeah, it’s a little heartbreaking, for sure. I really love that character, and I’m so grateful that I had a small part in creating her. She will forever be someone I think of and reflect on fondly. Obviously, I would love to see that story continue, and if he feels like he has to go about it this way, then I trust him in that manner. We get so hung up on the smaller details that we forget the thing that we emotionally tap into has nothing to do with that minute thing that we’re focusing on.”

FURIOSA-FOTOR.jpg

HULK HOGAN---Chris Hemsworth commented on starring in the untitled Netflix biomovie about wrestler Hulk Hogan, “This movie is going to be a really fun project. As you can imagine, the preparation for the role will be insanely physical. I will have to put on more size than I ever have before, even more than I put on for Thor. There is the accent as well as the physicality and the attitude. I will also have to do a deep dive into the rabbit hole of the wrestling world, which I’m really looking forward to doing.
Look, I haven’t read a script yet. I know it’s being written now and worked on. I know very little about that. It’s sort of in the process now. I’m just fascinated by that world, and I think they’re pretty keen to show a side of the world that people haven’t seen before. I’m as intrigued as you are.”

TRANSGENDER---Halle Berry tweeted she has withdrawn from an untitled transgender movie in which she would play a woman who became a man after protests from the transgender community, "Over the weekend I had the opportunity to discuss my consideration of an upcoming role as a transgender man, and I'd like to apologize for those remarks. As a cisgender woman, I now understand that I should not have considered this role, and that the transgender community should undeniably have the opportunity to tell their own stories."

NETFLIX---Netflix renewed the DEAD TO ME for Season 3 which will be the last season and THE LAST KINGDOM for Season 5 which will have 10 episodes.

TRIVIA---in MURDER BY DEATH (Peter Sellers, David Niven, Eileen Brennan, Peter Falk, Alec Guinness), the "Scream Doorbell" was really Fay Wray's scream in KING KONG.

KING KONG LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmixe-Dii0Y&t=11s

MURDER-BY-DEATH-1-FOTOR.png

MURDER-BY-DEATH-KING-KONG-FOTOR.jpg

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY, JULY 8

THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN---trailer released for the Walt Disney live-action/CGI movie about a talented gorilla.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uIQDRS4a8

TRON 3---Walt Disney executive Mitchell Lieb said Jared Leto is in talks to star in the new sequel which will be a continuation of the first two movies, "Whereas the timing wasn’t right to do it years ago, I think we feel the timing is right now. We learned a lot of lessons from that last movie." Lieb said he hopes TRON: LEGACY director Joseph Kosinski returns and Daft Punk might compose the soundtrack.

TRON-3-FOTOR.jpg

HALLOWEEN KILLS---John Carpenter commented on the sequel and its high body count, “The cut is done. They’ll mix it in New York in the next week or so. Then it will be in the can. My work is all done. The movie is something else. It’s fun, intense and brutal, a slasher movie times one hundred, big time. It’s huge. I’ve never seen anything like this: the kill count!”

JALLOWEEN-KILLS-FOTOR.jpg

PETER PAN---Jude Law is in talks to play Captain Hook in the Walt Disney live-action remake of its 1953 animated movie.

PETER-PAN-FOTOR.jpg

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7---Hayley Atwell posted a photo of her muscle development after gym workouts preparing for the sequel.

MISSION-IMPOSSIBLE-HAYLEY-FOTOR.jpg

FRENCH EXIT---photo released from the Sony Pictures dark comedy movie based on the novel starring Michelle Pfieffer and Lucas Hedges.

FRENCH-EXIT.jpg

CANDY---Elisabeth Moss will star in this miniseries about Candy Montgomery, a Texas housewife who gruesomely murdered her friend, Betty Gore, with an ax after Betty discovered Candy had an affair with her husband. A 1990 Emmy-winning tv movie, A KILLING IN A SMALL TOWN starring Barbara Hershey and Brian Dennehy, was inspired by the 1980 ax murder.

A SPY AMONG FRIENDS---Damien Lewis and Dominic West will star in this miniseries based on the book about British MI6 intelligence officials Nicholas Elliott and his friend, Kim Philby, who was really a top Soviet double agent.

WONDER WOMAN---Patty Jenkins said an animated tv series is underway about the Amazons of Themyscira.

RIP CREW---HBO Max drama underway about "a disgraced ex-FBI agent turned criminology professor discovers that his most gifted students are planning a massive heist, he decides to scoop their score and become the criminal he used to chase."

THE BOYS---a short film about Billy Butcher will be released shortly after the premiere of the new season.

TRIVIA---THE ROCKETEER (Billy Campbell, Jennifer Connelly, Timothy Dalton) was based on the Dave Stevens comic book. Stevens had a cameo in the movie as the doomed Nazi rocket pack test pilot.

ROCKETEER-3-FOTOR.jpg

ROCKETEER-1-FOTOR.jpg

ROCKETEER-2-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JULY 9

HALLOWEEN KILLS---trailer released for the sequel. Co-writer Danny McBride said KILLS takes place immediately after the 2018 movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHhZDYVoV7w

SKIN: A HISTORY OF NUDITY IN THE MOVIES---trailer released for the documentary.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy_miFO0eSI

THE BOYS---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHwlqyMyhM

WOLFMAN---Leigh Whannell (THE INVISIBLE MAN remake) is in talks to direct the Universal Pictures remake of the classic 1941 horror movie which will star Ryan Gosling.

WOLFMAN-FOTOR.jpg

BATWOMAN---Javicia Leslie will replace the departed Ruby Rose as the new Batwoman. Leslie's new character is Ryan Wilder. She said, “I am extremely proud to be the first black actress to play the iconic role of Batwoman on television, and as a bisexual woman, I am honored to join this groundbreaking show which has been such a trailblazer for the LGBTQ+ community,”

BATWOMAN-FOTOR.jpg

THE CROWN---Netflix announced there will be a Season 6. Creator Peter Morgan said, “As we started to discuss the storylines for Series 5, it soon became clear that in order to do justice to the richness and complexity of the story we should go back to the original plan and do six seasons. To be clear, Series 6 will not bring us any closer to present-day – it will simply enable us to cover the same period in greater detail.”

THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME---Quibi renewed the series for Season 2.

THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA---Netflix cancelled the series.

THE WONDER YEARS---ABC/Lee Daniels reboot of the sitcom that ran from 1988-1993 is about a black family in Montgomery, Alabama in the 1960s. Fred Savage, the star of the original series, is the director/executive producer of the pilot.

THE 1619 PROJECT---Oprah Winfrey, LIonsgate and THE NEW YORK TIMES are developing movie/tv projects about the history of slavery in the US.

AIRPLANE!---the classic parody movie was written by David Zucker, Jerry Zucker and Jim Abrahams. David Zucker said Otto, the libidinous inflatable autopilot, ended his film career decaying in brother Jerry's garage, “I believe Jerry has a decaying version of it in his garage. It was eventually repainted to be Mrs. Pilot for the final scene; I don’t know if it ever got painted back.”

AIRPLANE-FOTOR-2.jpg

FRIDAY, JULY 10

TESLA---trailer released from the movie about inventor Nikola Tesla and his rivalry with Thomas Edison.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4U-23TOKms

WONDER WOMAN 1984---new image released of Cheetah (Kristen Wiig).

WONDER-WOMAN-84.jpg

THE BATMAN---HBO Max is developing a spinoff tv series set in the Gotham City Police Department and will focus on corruption in Gotham City. Terence Winter (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is the writer

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Elijah Wood said he is open to a cameo on the Amazon tv series, “If there was a world where that made sense and was organic to what they’re doing then yes. Look, any excuse to get to go to New Zealand to work on something I am absolutely there.”
He added, “They’re calling it THE LORD OF THE RINGS, but I think that’s slightly misleading. From what I understand, the material they are working on exists chronologically further back in history in the lore of LORD OF THE RINGS or Middle-earth than any characters represented in Lord of the Rings. It sounds more ‘Silmarillion’ era. Not to get nerdy, but it’s the Second Age of Middle-earth.”

LORD-OF-RINGS.jpg

SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE---Oscar Isaac and Michelle Williams will star in the HBO miniseries remake of Ingmar Bergman's 1973 Swedish miniseries.

SHELL---HBO Max movie underway described as a “satirical horror tale with sci-fi elements set in the health and beauty industry.” Max Minghella is the director.

TOMIE---Adeline Rudolph will star in the Quibi horror series based on the manga.

RAMY---Hulu renewed the series for Season 3.

BETTER THINGS---FX renewed the series for Season 5

TRIVIA---the definitive "Tarzan Yell " made its first appearance in TARZAN THE APE MAN starring Olympic swimmer Johnny Weissmuller. But who actually recorded the Tarzan Yell is a continuing controversy. Weissmuller claimed he originated the Yell, and his co-star, Maureen O'Sullivan, steadfastly supported him. MGM supposedly created the Yell by adding a second track of Weismuller’s voice, an amplified hyena howl (played backwards), a note sung by a female opera soprano, a dog's growl, a camel's bleat and a violin’s G-string being bowed. Other sources claim opera singer Lloyd Thomas Leech recorded the Tarzan Yell, and his children and grandchildren supported him.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

Johnny Weissmuller claimed he originated the "Tarzan Yell", and his co-star, Maureen O'Sullivan, steadfastly supported him.

TARZAN-YELL-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, JULY 13

BIRD BOX 2---BIRD BOX novel author Josh Malerman confirmed the Netflix sequel, which might be based on his upcoming sequel novel, MALORIE, is underway, “I can’t say much, but I can say that it is in development. Sometimes it’s weird, all this secrecy, but I’m game.”
MALORIE is set 12 years after the original novel, and the synopsis states, "Someone very dear to her, someone she believed dead, may be alive... Because the creatures are not the only thing Malorie fears: There are the people who claim to have caught and experimented on the creatures. Murmerings of monstrous inventions and dangerous new ideas. And rumors that the creatures themselves have changed into something even more frightening."

BIRD-BOX-FOTOR.jpg

LITTLE MONSTERS---Universal Pictures family-oriented live-action/CGI movie underway that is inspired by Universal's classic horror movies. Josh Cooley (TOY STORY 4) is the writer/director.

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman said the tv series could go past the comic book's ending, "I will say that there's a lot of implied story in the final issue, with the railroad meeting, and the colony to the West uniting with the colony to the East. There's some general thoughts and notions that I have for that. If the television show ever gets to that point in the comic book series, and we decide to continue past that point, I'm kind of excited about the idea of telling a little bit more with older Eugene and Judge Michonne and the different things that were in the comic series that could have gone on, and we could have done more with. So that could be kind of neat."

STEPHEN KING---three movies are underway based on Stephen King works. HARRIGAN'S PHONE is the Netflix movie based on the Stephen King short story. John Lee Hancock is the writer/director. Ben Stiller is the star and director of RAT. Darren Aronofsky is developing a movie based on King's THE LIFE OF CHUCK.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK---director Joseph Kosinski commented on the sequel, "In so many ways he’s still the guy that we remember from the first TOP GUN. He keeps that old Ninja under a tarp in the hangar and still wears those Ray-Ban aviators. He’s the best at what he does, and he’s given his whole life to aviation.
But that has come as a personal cost, and Maverick has to confront some things from his past and reconcile with them. It’s a rite-of-passage story, much like the first film was. But this is a man now at a different stage of life.”

MONSTER HUNTER---director Paul WS Anderson commented on the monsters in the Sony Pictures movie based on the video game, “All our monsters are 50-60 feet tall. They’re really amazing. We’re building them in even more detail than the dinosaurs of JURASSIC WORLD. And they look even better, because we shot on real locations in South Africa and Namibia, which gives the animators something to really match into: real wind, real dust, real sun-flare. The monsters are the only CG thing in there.”

ATOMIC BLONDE 2---Charlize Theron commented on the sequel, "We took [AB2] to them and Scott Stuber [Head of Original Films at Netflix] was really interested in it. We talked to him about it extensively, and we’re in the process of writing it right now. In regards to what direction the sequel may be headed in. That character was set up in a way where she didn’t really reveal much of herself. So I feel like there’s a lot of potential there. The bar’s pretty high, but we’re excited about it.”

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST---Luke Evans commented on the untitled Disney+ prequel series, “Now, we’re in fully fledged development. The second and third episodes have been written and we’ve heard some of the music by Alan Menken. We’re just so honored to have him on board, writing the music, which is extraordinary, in itself. We feel so lucky to have this talented group of people creating a story about two much loved and much hated characters, but that’s the excitement. There are a lot of questions about, where we will start? What we will tell? Who are these people? When you visit them, where will they be? So, it’s going to be a really fun experience. Me and Josh [Gad] are literally vibrating with excitement to shoot it.”

THE MOODYS---Fox renewed the series for season 2.

RUN---HBO cancelled the series.

In the hit disaster movie AIRPORT, two crew members of Trans Global Airlines Flight 2 appeared in projects based on CASINO ROYALE, Ian Fleming's first James Bond novel.
In AIRPORT, Jacqueline Bisset played Flight 2's Chief Stewardess, Gwen Meighen. Bisset played Miss Goodthighs in the original 1967 CASINO ROYALE movie.
In AIRPORT, Barry Nelson played Flight 2's pilot, Capt. Anson Harris. Nelson played James Bond in the 1954 episode "Casino Royale" from the CLIMAX! tv anthology series.

In AIRPORT, Jacqueline Bisset played Flight 2's Chief Stewardess, Gwen Meighen. Bisset played Miss Goodthighs in the original 1967 CASINO ROYALE movie.

AIRPORT-CASINO-ROYALE-JACQUELINE-BISSET-4-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPORT-CASINO-ROYALE-JACQUELINE-BISSET-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

In AIRPORT, Barry Nelson played Flight 2's pilot, Capt. Anson Harris. Nelson played James Bond in the 1954 episode "Casino Royale" from the CLIMAX! tv anthology series.

AIRPORT-CASINO-ROYALE-BARRY-NELSON-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPORT-CASINO-ROYALE-BARRY-NELSON-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

Wrong movie ! How about the Amazons, non animated, leave their island to look for Wonder Woman in WW1 and end up at Gallipoli ! Naturally they join the ANZAC / Brit side ^&grin

WONDER WOMAN---Patty Jenkins said an animated tv series is underway about the Amazons of Themyscira.

TUESDAY, JULY 14

THE ALIENIST: ANGEL OF DARKNESS---new trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSgSx3Ll18

STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH---new Disney+ animated tv series underway based on Clone Force 99, the defective clones introduced in THE CLONE WARS.

STAR-WARS-BAD-BATCH-2-FOTOR.jpg

THE OLD GUARD---director Gina Prince-Blythewood said a sequel is being planned, “It’ll be based on the graphic novel. In terms of what Greg [Rucka] has written, Quynh has reared her head, and that causes some issues, absolutely. But also, there’s a very grounded story tackling problems within the world, which again brings more villains that are not with immortality, so it’s a really cool balance between the two, in the graphic novel.”
She added, “Greg has always envisioned this as a trilogy. I know where the story is going and it’s pretty dope.”

OLD-GUARD-FOTOR.jpg

SPY---Gal Gadot is in negotiations to star this untitled spy movie franchise written by Greg Rucka (THE OLD GUARD).

AMERICAN BABYLON---new tv series underway based on the novel THE MONEY AND THE POWER which tells about the rise of La Vegas from the perspective of three families and their interactions with John F. Kennedy, The Rat Pack, Howard Hughes and others. Dick Wolf is the producer. Bruce McKenna and Robert Schenkkan are the writers.

THE MATRIX---cinematographer Bill Pope blames Stanley Kubrick for the two sequels being inferior to the original movie, “Everything that was good about the first experience was not good about the last two. We weren’t free anymore. People were looking at you. There was a lot of pressure.
In my heart, I didn’t like them. I felt we should be going in another direction. There was a lot of friction and a lot of personal problems, and it showed up on screen to be honest with you. It was not my most elevated moment, nor was it anyone else’s.
The Wachowskis had read this **** book by Stanley Kubrick that said, ‘Actors don’t do natural performances until you wear them out’. So let’s go to take 90! I want to dig Stanley Kubrick up and kill him. There is something about making a shoot that long, 276 shoot days, that is mind numbing and soul numbing and it numbs the movie.”
Pope is returning for the latest sequel.

HANNA--Amazon renewed the series for Season 3.

SEXY BEAST---Paramount Network has reversed itself and cancelled the prequel tv series to SEXY BEAST which starred Ben Kingsley and Ian McShane.

MISS MACY---Jean Smart will star in this movie underway about Trisha Mitchell Coburn who became a model after being mentored by the founder of the Miss Macy charm school.

TRIVIA---in the STAR TREK episode "I, Mudd", casting director Joseph D'Agosta brought in two young girls and their cat that he saw walking on Hollywood Boulevard to play androids Alice #1-250 and Alice #251-500. The cat scratched and tore the shirt of producer Gene L. Coon. The two girls, who were apparently prostitutes, were not hired. In desperation, Gene Roddenberry was driving down the street looking for women to play the androids, and saw two more women, twins Alyce and Rhae Andrece, who were hired.

I-MUDD-2-FOTOR-2.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JULY 15

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Alden Ehrenreich commented if he would return as Han Solo in a future STAR WARS movie after the disappointing SOLO, “It depends on what it is. It depends on how it's done. It depends if it feels innate to the story.”
Ehrenreich said he not seen STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER and did not know the name of the new Disney+ tv series, THE MANDALORIAN.

SOLO-STAR-WARS-FOTOR.jpg

HELSTROM---photo released from the Hulu/Marvel tv series starring Tom Austen and Sydney Lemmon.

HELLSTROM.jpg

GREYHOUND---the Tom Hanks World War II movie had Apple TV+'s biggest opening weekend. Although specific numbers were not released, 30% of the viewers were new to Apple TV+.

UNSEEN---movie underway based on the horror game BlindSide in which a Boston couple wake up blind and are confronted with a strange new species. The Soska Sisters are the writers/directors.

KIDDING---Showtime cancelled the series.

STAR TREK: PICARD--Patrick stweart said he originally met with the PICARD creators to tell them he was not interested, "STAR TREK had taken over my life. I got to a point ... when I felt that I had said everything that I wanted to say about Jean-Luc Picard and his life on the Enterprise. This may sound somewhat arrogant. but ... I wanted to meet with these brilliant people face to face to tell them why I was going to say no to their show."

EVEL KNIEVEL---USA NETWORK cancelled the miniseries due to a schedule problem with Milo Ventimiglia.

TRIVIA---when Burt Bacharach asked Tom Jones to sing the title song to the comedy movie WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT which starred Peter Sellers, Peter O'Toole, Woody Allen and Ursula Andress, Jones was not interested. Jones said, "When I first heard it I thought, Christ! What the bloody hell do they want me to sing this for?" Jones added, “I thought, ‘I’m going to punch the s*** out of it on What’s New Pussycat?‘
“And Burt said, ‘That’s what I want. It’s a crazy song for a crazy film… I have to have a voice of authority.’
Jones reluctantly agreed to record the song, “It’s sort of a backhanded compliment: ‘I’ve got to have you, but this is the song.'”
Fortunately for Jones, "What's New Pussycat?" was a big hit. It received an Academy Award nomination, was his third Top 30 hit in England and reached number three on the US charts.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZ2B2CiNQg

WHAT-S-NEW-PUSSYCAT-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JULY 16

POSSESSOR---trailer released for the sci fi movie from Brandon Cronenberg, son of David Cronenberg.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoVPu-HUt_g

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---aerial photo take over the Pinewood Studios film set shows a crashed cargo plane in an Arctic setting.

JURASSIC-WORLD-DOMINION-FOTOR.jpg

CONSTANTINE---director Francis Lawrence commented on a possible sequel with Keanu Reeves returning, “I think we all wanted to do it. It was successful enough. We wanted to make a responsible, more R-rated movie. By responsible, I mean we’d make a movie that wouldn’t cost quite as much as the original, which we thought was going to be PG-13. We worked on the sequel for a while. It was tricky to come up with where to take it...Unfortunately, I don’t even remember who has it, but with all these shared universes that exist now, with Constantine being a part of Vertigo, which is a part of DC, people have plans for these shared universes. You know, possibly different Constantines and things like that. Right now, we don’t have that character available to us for TV or movies, which is a bummer.”

BLACK ADAM---Noah Centineo will play Atom Smasher in the Dwayne Johnson movie.

AD ASTRA---director James Gray commented on criticism about the movie's scientific inaccuracies, “We were trying to do a kind of fable or a myth in space… one of the things that troubled me about Ad Astra was when people said, ‘Well, in the actual science his hair would be floating in zero G or he wouldn’t be able to sail through the rings of a planet.’ To me, it’s a very fatuous level of critique. You don’t read the myth of Icarus and say, ‘Wax on feathers wouldn’t allow you to fly.’ Of course that’s true, but it’s all about metaphor essentially. I felt that we were trying to get at, and [cinematographer] Hoyte van Hoytema understood, something mythic, almost like a fable.”

APOLLO 10 1/2: A SPACE AGE ADVENTURE---Jack Black and Zachary Levi will provide the voices for this Netflix/Richard Linklater animated coming of age movie set during the 1969 Apollo 11 Moon mission.

HANNIBAL---Bryan Fuller commented on the tv series returning, “I am very hopeful. The great thing about the ideas that I have shared with members of the cast in terms of where we’re going is that if it takes five years, if everyone is interested in coming back, that’s just how long they’ve been on the lam, and the story will pick up from there and we’ll adapt.”

QUINN COLSON---HBO tv series underway based on the Quinn Colson novels about an ex-Ranger who returns to Mississippi to battle drug dealers and corruption.

A WORLD OF CALM---Nicole Kidman, Keanu Reeves, Oscar Isaac, Idris Elba and Lucy Liu will appear in this HBO Max/sleep app Calm tv series that will be a "bedtime stories for adults" that will naturally calm your body and soothe the mind.”

WISHBONE---Universal Pictures/Mattel Films movie based on the PBS Jack Russell Terrier tv series.

TRIVIA---character actor Clint Howard was two years old when he first appeared as Leon with his older brother Ron Howard in THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW. Clint has appeared in 17 movies directed by Ron: APOLLO 13, SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, GRAND THEFT AUTO, NIGHT SHIFT, SPLASH, COCOON, GUNG HO, PARENTHOOD, BACKDRAFT, FAR AND AWAY, THE PAPER, EDtv, HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, THE MISSING, CINDERELLA MAN, FROST/NIXON and DILEMMA.

Clint Howard was two years old when he first appeared as Leon with his older brother Ron Howard in THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.

CLINT-HOWARD-ANDY-GRIFFITH-FOTOR.jpg

Clint played NASA flight controller Seymour Liebergot in Ron Howard's APOLLO 13.

CLINT-HOWARD-APOLLO-13-FOTOR.jpg

Clint played Ralakili in Ron Howard's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY.

CLINT-HOWARD-SOLO-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back