Movie/TV News (4 Viewers)

MONDAY, MAY 18

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: THE STORY OF FIRE SAGA---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdW6BBF22AY

PROJECT HAIL MARY---Phil Lord and Chris Miller will direct the Ryan Gosling movie based on the upcoming Andy Weir (THE MARTIAN) novel titled PROJECT HAIL MARY. The plot is, “a solitary tale of an astronaut on a space ship who is tasked with saving the planet.”

PROJECT-HAIL-MARY-FOTOR.jpg

MAD MAX---Jodie Comer (KILLING EVE) is reportedly a candidate to play the young Furiosa in the spinoff prequel.

MAD-MAX-JODIE-COMER-FOTOR.jpg

THE MANDALORIAN---Timothy Olyphant will the cast in an undisclosed role for Season 2.

MANDALORIAN-TIMOTHY-OLYPHANT-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS---writer Akiva Goldman commented on the new spinoff series, “We’re going to try to harken back to some classical TREK values, to be optimistic, and to be more episodic. Obviously, we will take advantage of the serialized nature of character and story building. But I think our plots will be more closed-ended than you’ve seen in either DISCOVERY or PICARD. I imagine it to be closer to the original series than even DS9. We can really tell closed-ended stories. We can find ourselves in episodes that are tonally of a piece.
I think one thing that we always struggled with [as fans] was that Kirk is heartbroken at the loss of Edith Keeler in ‘The City on the Edge of Forever’ and has to be just fine the next week. I think what we would want to do is keep the characters having moved through and recognizing the experiences they’ve had in previous episodes, but to be able to tell contained, episodic stories.”

STAR-TREK-PIKE-FOTOR.jpg

DUNE---photo from the remake movie shows Paul Atredies (Timothee Chalamet) training with a knife. Denis Villeneuve commented on the movie's Shai-Hulud sandworm, "We talked about every little detail that would make such a beast possible, from the texture of the skin, to the way the mouth opens, to the system to eat its food in the sand. t was a year of work to design and to find the perfect shape that looked prehistoric enough."

DUNE-FOTOR.jpg

HEAT---Michael Mann confirmed his prequel novel to the 1995 movie will be made into a prequel movie, “It’s a stack about 10 inches high on my desk right now. We’re on it, and I’m putting time into that and a screenplay I can’t tell you about. But I absolutely want to make a movie of the HEAT prequel.”

BEVERLY HILLS COP 4---co-director Adil El Arbi (BAD BOYS FOR LIFE) commented on the Netflix sequel starring Eddie Murphy, “We’re still involved in that project, and there’s a screenwriter now on it that’s going to try to write a first draft, or a first treatment at least with the story. So we’re going to see what the first version will be, but we’re very excited and hope that we can work with another icon like Eddie Murphy. That’d be great.”

METHUSELAH---Danny Boyle will direct and rewrite the Warner Bros. movie based on the 900 year-old Biblical character. No other plot details were released.

TRIGGER WARNING---Jessica Alba will star in this Netflix movie about a female veteran who inherits her grandfather's bar and discovers why he died.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In DIE ANOTHER DAY, Halle Berry was filming a steamy love scene with Pierce Brosnan and a fig when she began to choke on the fig, "I am supposed to be trying to be all sexy with a fig — and then I end up choking on it. And he had to get up and do the Heimlich. So not sexy, so not sexy. He was there for me, and he will always be one of my favorite people in the whole world."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0I_06sfMQo

DIE-ANOTHER-DAY-FIG-1-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MAY 19

FORCE OF NATURE---trailer released for the hurricane heist movie starring Mel Gibson.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjytHm3cTQ

SPACE FORCE---new trailer released for the Netflix comedy series starring Steve Carell.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mY2asIjWk

WONDER WOMAN 1984---new poster released for the sequel.

WONDER-WOMAN-1984-POSTER.jpg

THE OLD GUARD---new photo of Charlize Theron as Andromache of Scythia from the movie based on the comic book.

THE-OLD-GUARD-CHARLIZE-THERON-FOTOR.jpg

THE BATMAN---Colin Farrell commented on his role as The Penguin, "...I haven’t got that much to do. I have a certain amount in the film. I am not all over it by any means. But there are a couple of some tasty scenes I have in it and my creation, and I can’t wait to get back." Farrell's comment led to speculation the movie is based on the "The Long Halloween" comic in which Batman pursues a serial killer and involves a umber of villains with brief appearances.

HUSTLE---Adam Sandler will star in this Netflix movie about an unjustly-fired NBA scout who discovers an international player who might be his ticket back to the NBA.

SNOWPIERCER---the premiere drew 3.3 million viewers which is the best for TNT since THE ALIENIST in 2018.

TIGER KING---Tara Reid (SHARKNADO) is in talks to play Carole Baskin in the Netflix movie based on the docuseries.

SCREAM 5---David Arquette announced he is returning for the sequel as Sheriff Dewey Riley, “I am thrilled to be playing Dewey again and to reunite with my ‘Scream’ family, old and new. ‘Scream’ has been such a big part of my life, and for both the fans and myself, I look forward to honoring Wes Craven’s legacy.”

STAY CLOSE---Netflix is in negotiations to acquire the movie rights for the novel about a soccer mom, a documentary photographer and a detective who have dark secrets.

LOST---executive producer Jean Higgins commented on rumors of a revival series underway, "No, there’s no LOST. I don’t know if you could do it again. It’s lightning in a bottle. I think it would be okay, but it would always be compared to the first.”

LEGALLY BLONDE 3---Minday Kaling and Dan Goor will write the MGM sequel.

BREEDERS---FX renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in Clint Eastwood's HANG 'EM HIGH courtroom scene, the prosecuting attorney is played by Mark Lenard, who starred on the PLANET OF THE APES tv series as Chief of Security Urko. The defense attorney is played by Tod Andrews, who played Col. "Skipper" Maddox in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES.

In Clint Eastwood's HANG 'EM HIGH courtroom scene, the prosecuting attorney is played by Mark Lenard, who starred on the PLANET OF THE APES tv series as Chief of Security Urko.

PLANET-APES-MARK-LENARD-2-FOTOR.jpg

PLANET-APES-MARK-LENARD-BIG-FOTOR.jpg

The defense attorney is played by Tod Andrews, who played Col. "Skipper" Maddox in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES with James Franciscus.

PLANET-APES-TOD-ANDREWS-5-FOTOR.jpg

PLANET-APES-TOD-ANDREWS-2-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MAY 20

THE MANDALORIAN---Timothy Olyphant will reportedly play Cobb Vanth, the self-appointed sheriff of the Freetown settlement on Tatooine. Vanth wore Boba Fett's armor after it was recovered from Jabba the Hutt's sail barge.

MANDALORIAN-COBB-VANTH-FOTOR.jpg

MOONFALL---Halle Berry will play an ex-astronaut/administrator in the Roland Emmerich movie about a team of astronauts who must prevent the Moon from colliding with Earth.

MOONFALL-HALLE-BERRY-FOTOR.jpg

THE STAND---photos from the CBS All Access miniseries based on the Stephen King novel show Alexander Skarsgard as Randall Flagg and Whoopi Goldberg as Mother Abigail.

STAND-1.jpg

STAND-2.jpg

GREYHOUND---the Tom Hanks/Sony Pictures movie based on the World War II novel THE GOOD SHEPHERD will be released on Apple TV+ instead of in theaters.

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS---Fala Chen will reportedly play MI6 agent Leiko Wu in the Marvel Studios movie.

SHANG-CHI-FALA-CHEN-FOTOR.jpg

THE HAWKLINE MONSTER---Tony McNamara (THE FAVOURITE) is in talks to write the script for the movie based on the novel about a teenage girl who hires two gunslingers to kill the monster that lives in caves under the house she lives in.

THE THING ABOUT PAM---Jamie Lee Curtis will star in the Blumhouse movie based on the NBC DATELINE episodes and podcasts about Pam Hupp, who was convicted of murdering Louis Gumpenberger in 2016 and suspected of murdering Betsy Faria in 2011 and framing Faria's husband for the murder.

MALAMANDER---Josh Cooley (TOY STORY 4) is in talks to write and direct the Sony Pictures movie based on the novel.

BATWOMAN---Ruby Rose has left the tv series, the first to feature a lesbian superhero, for undisclosed reasons, “I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” Rose said. “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show...". The role will be recast. Bisexual Stephanie Beatriz (CHICAGO NINE-NINE) has already started lobbying for the role.

SONGBIRD---low-budget movie set two years in the future when the global pandemic virus has mutated causing total chaos. Michael Bay is the producer.

FREEFORM---Freeform renewed EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE OK and MOTHERLAND: FORT SALEM.

TRIVIA---in CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER (Harrison Ford, Willem Dafoe), a Navy F/A-18 Hornet launches a smart bomb and destroys a villa where Colombian drug lords are meeting. In reality, the movie production crew bought a villa from a woman who had unpleasant memories from the villa after she got it in her divorce and was happy to sell it for destruction.

CLEAR-PRESENT-DANGER-DAFOE-FOTOR.jpg

CLEAR-PRESENT-DANGER-1-FOTOR.jpg

CLEAR-PRESENT-DANGER-2-FOTOR.jpg

CLEAR-PRESENT-DANGER-3-FOTOR.jpg

CLEAR-PRESENT-DANGER-4-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MAY 21

THE OLD GUARD---trailer released for the Netflix movie about immortal warriors starring Charlize Theron.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U9veZedjkc

10---remake underway of the 1979 Blake Edwards movie that starred Dudley Moore, Bo Derek and his wife, Julie Andrews. Andrews, the remake's executive producer producer, said, "10 holds a special place in my heart. It captures Blake's charisma and his special humor that I so adore. I have long been rather protective about which of Blake's brilliant works should be re-imagined. I am pleased that today's film goers will have an opportunity to enjoy a new interpretation of this classic."

10-BO-DEREK-FOTOR.jpg

GOOD BAD & UNDEAD---GAME OF THRONES co-stars Peter Dinklage and Jason Momoa are in talks to star in this vampire movie in which Van Helsing (Dinklage) and a vampire (Momoa) team up to scam towns with Van Helsing promising to rid of a vampire terrorizing the residents. When a huge bounty is placed on the vampire, the scam team flees with real vampire hunters in pursuit.

GOOG-BAD-UNDEAD-FOTOR.jpg

NO TIME TO DIE---new sequel photos show Daniel Craig with Lea Seydoux and an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Timothy Dalton's car in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS.

NO-TIME-TO-DIE-1-FOTOR.jpg

NO-TIME-TO-DIE-2-FOTOR.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE---HBO Max will air the controversial Zack Snyder cut of JUSTICE LEAGUE in 2021. Snyder said, “I want to thank HBO Max and Warner Brothers for this brave gesture of supporting artists and allowing their true visions to be realized. Also a special thank you to all of those involved in the SnyderCut movement for making this a reality.”

SUPERHERO---Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are developing a new female-led Marvel superhero movie directed by SJ Clarkson. Some sources claim the superhero is Madame Web.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7 & 8---Esai Morales will co-star in the two sequels. Sources claim Morales will replace Nicholas Hoult as the villain. Hoult left due to a schedule problem.

OUR LADY OF TEARS---movie underway based on the article "The Haunting of Girlstown" which described the 2007 supernatural mass hysteria incident at Villa de las Ninas, an all-girls Catholic boarding school whose students were from impoverished homes in Mexico.

BATWOMAN---a source said Ruby Rose left the CW series because she did not like the long hours required for a tv series and did not like living in Vancouver which made her difficult to work with, “It wasn’t 100% her decision. It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

TRIVIA---Jimmy Stewart and George Kennedy appeared together in two airplane disaster movies, THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX and AIRPORT '77. In AIRORT '77, when Jack Lemmon, the pilot of a 747 airliner that crashed in the Bermuda Triangle, reached the surface to transmit an SOS signal, the Navy radioman who picked up the signal is played by his son, Chris Lemmon.

Jimmy Stewart and George Kennedy appeared together in two airplane disaster movies, THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX and AIRPORT '77.

JIMMY-STEWART-FLIGHT-PHOENIX-FOTOR.jpg

JIMMY-STEWART-AIRPORT-FOTOR.jpg

In AIRORT '77, when Jack Lemmon, the pilot of a 747 airliner that crashed in the Bermuda Triangle, reached the surface to transmit an SOS signal, the Navy radioman who picked up the signal is played by his son, Chris Lemmon.

JIMMY-STEWART-JACK-LEMMON-FOTOR.jpg

JIMMY-STEWART-CHRIS-LEMMON-FOTOR.jpg

Dragon,

No way about the villa in Clear and Present Danger! Really? Anyway, when I was a kid Bo Derek or Farah Fawcett didn't do it for me. However, Raquel Welch and Stephane Powers...woof.

John from Texas

I found the CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER villa info elsewhere and was skeptical about it, so I confirmed it from the book HARRISON FORD: THE FILMS by Brad Duke, which states,

'"For the massive explosion caused by an American "smart" bomb attack on a drug cartel member's hilltop hacienda, the fillmmakers opted to destroy an actual home...the home of a couple going through a divorce was purchased."'

FRIDAY, MAY 22

TENET---trailer released for the Christopher Nolan spy thriller.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdOM0x0XDMo&t=4s

THE ALIENIST: ANGEL OF DARKNESS---TNT trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Uti4coWOU

THE OUTPOST---trailer released for the Scott Eastwood movie based on the book.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9EuoWzMKs

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---producer Frank Marshall hinted that more sequels are in the future when he said DOMINION is, “the start of a new era...The dinosaurs are now on mainland amongst us and they will be for quite some time, I hope."

JURASSIC-WORLD-DOMION-1-FOTOR.jpg

JACKPOT---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the Marvel superhero comic book. Marc Guggenheim (ARROW) is the writer.

JACKPOT-SONY.jpg

BACK TO THE FUTURE---Netflix removed the scene where Marty searched for the sports almanac in Mr. Strickland's desk and discovered Strickland used the almanac book jacket to cover his copy of OH LALA magazine. After a fan outcry, Netflix restored the scene.

BACK-TO-FUTURE-OH-LALA-FOTOR.jpg

DON'T TELL MOM THE BABYSITTER'S DEAD---remake of the 1991 Christina Applegate comedy movie is underway which will focus on a black family.

DON-T-TELL-MOM-BABYSITTER-DEAD-FOTOR.jpg

ABC---ABC cancelled BLESS THIS MESS, SCHOOLED, SINGLE PARENTS and EMERGENCE.

PRODIGAL SON---Fox renewed the series for Season 2.

ANATOMY OF A SCANDAL---Netflix anthology series underway based on the novel about sex scandals among England's privileged.

SOME GOOD NEWS---ViacomCBS picked up the John Krasinski web series, but Krasinski will not return as the host.

MAN IN THE ARENA---ESPN and Tom Brady are developing a nine-episode documentary about Brady's NFL career.

WASHED UP---Peacock sequel tv series to Walt Disney's LITTLE MERMAID and connected to the original Hans Christian Andersen fable. It is set 15 years after Ariel married the prince and is now in an unhappy marriage.

TRIVIA---in Ray Harryhausen's classic 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH, child actor Bart Bradley played Pepe, the Sicilian boy who recovered the Ymir egg. As an adult actor, Bart Braverman, he played Binzer in VEGA$ with Robert Urich.

20-MILLION-MILES-TO-EARTH-YMIR-FOTOR.jpg

Child actor Bart Bradley played Pepe, the Sicilian boy who recovered the Ymir egg.

20-MILLION-MILES-TO-EARTH-PEPE-FOTOR.jpg

As an adult actor, Bart Braverman, he played Binzer in VEGA$ with Robert Urich.

20-MILLION-MILES-TO-EARTH-VEGA.jpg

Really glad to see the Alienist is coming back.I liked the first season but I was losing hope for a second season.
Mark

If Apple TV is planning to show this on streaming how are they going to make their money? Gonna need a massive increase in subscribers just to pay for it.

"With a production budget of $205 million,Tenet is Nolan's most expensive original film. Observer estimated that it will need to make $450–500 million in order to break even.The director is reported to receive twenty percent of the first-dollar gross".

Apple’s strategy is to supplant Amazon Prime. They’re following the same strategy Netflix did: build your customer base with movies and programs that attract consumers for a low price and then when you have done that, raise the price, gambling that many won’t drop off. In addition, Apple TV is a marketing tool to sell more iPhones. It’s basically a win-win for them.

I wouldn’t worry about Apple; they only have about 200 Billion in the bank.

MONDAY, MAY 25

INDIANA JONES 5---producer Frank Marshall said about the status of the sequel script, "It just got started." He also commented on James Mangold replacing Steven Spielberg as the director, “His love of the franchise. He’s a wonderful filmmaker. I think he also has a relationship with Harrison. It was all of the right pieces coming together, at the right time.”
Marshall also said he wants to reboot the Jason Bourne franchise, “I do like the Bourne series, and I do think that’s an opportunity for different filmmakers to come in now. So, I’m hoping that we can find a new story for Bourne and a new filmmaker. We are looking.”

INDIANA-JONES-MANGOLD.jpg

STAR WARS: UNDERWORLD---Ron Moore commented on the unmade George Lucas live-action tv series that was set between the original movie and REVENGE OF THE SITH, “I was one of several, there was a bunch of international writers they assembled… we would gather up at Skywalker Ranch once every six to eight weeks, something like that. And we would break stories together, and right after we’d go off and write some drafts and bring ‘em back, and George and we would sit down and critique them, and then do another draft and break more stories…
It was great! It was a ball, it was a lot of fun. It didn’t happen ultimately, we wrote I’d say somewhere in the 40-something, 48 scripts, something like that… the theory was George wanted to write all the scripts and get ‘em all done and then he was gonna go off and figure out how to produce them, because he wanted to do a lot of cutting edge technological stuff with CG and virtual sets and so on.
And so he had a whole new thing he wanted to accomplish. And what happened was, you know, we wrote the scripts and then George said ‘OK, this is enough for now, and then I’ll get back to you. I want to look into all the production things.’ And then time went by and like a year or something after that is when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.”
He added, “It was an extraordinary undertaking for someone to do. I don’t know anyone else that would really take that on… At the time, George just said ‘write them as big as you want, and we’ll figure it out later.’ So we really had no [budget] constraints. We were all experienced television and feature writers, so we all kind of new what was theoretically possible on a production budget. But we just went, ‘For this pass, OK let’s just take him at his word just to make it crazy and big’ and there was lots of action, lots of sets, and huge set pieces. Just much bigger than what you would normally do in a television show.”

STAR-WARS-RON-MOORE.jpg

STAR TREK---Simon Pegg said STAR TREK is better off on tv for now, “Maybe TV is a better place for [STAR TREK] now. Television has evolved so much. Its become something which is very much a contemporary, a peer of cinema. It’s simply viewed in a different way. It isn’t a reduced scope anymore. You can still do masses of interesting things, and it can still look modern and not inexpensive. Maybe television is a better format for STAR TREK. That’s where it started, you know.”

DARK ARMY---Paul Feig commented on his Universal Pictures monster movie, "I love those movies of the 30s, the James Whale movies, [and] BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN. I still think is one of the greatest films of all time. So I want that tone because those movies were very fun. They treated them seriously, but you also know they were also having a lot of fun with them, so there are a lot of extreme characters in them and funny side characters. That’s what I want, I never wanted to make a horror movie. I want to make a true monster movie.”
He added, “Universal, they’re not quite sure what they’re doing right now. Because INVISIBLE MAN did really well on a very micro budget, and my movie’s a little more expensive than that. So I’m hoping to God we get to make it, because I just absolutely love it. I’m so thrilled with it.”

BACK TO THE FUTURE---co-writer Bob Gale blamed Universal Pictures for the edited scene involving a racy magazine in Netflix's version, “The blame is on Universal who somehow furnished Netflix an edited version of the movie. I learned about it some ten days ago from an eagle-eyed fan, and had the studio rectify the error. The version now running is the uncensored, unedited, original version. Apparently, this was a foreign version which neither director Robert Zemeckis nor I even knew existed, for some country that had a problem with the Oh La La magazine cover. I asked that the studio destroy this version. FYI, Netflix does not edit films — they only run the versions that are supplied to them. So they’re blameless. You can direct your ire at Universal, but I think they will be a lot more careful in the future – and with ‘the future’.”

DENALI: A MAN, A DOG, AND THE FRIENDSHIP OF A LIFETIME---Charle Hunnam will star in this movie based on the memoir of adventure photographer Ben Moon and his dog Denali, while Moon was diagnosed with cancer.

THREE PINES---Amazon tv series underway based on the Chief Inspector Gamache novels.

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS---FX renewed the series for Season 3.

CHUCKY---creator Don Mancini commented on the Syfy tv series based on the CHILD'S PLAY movies, “With this TV show, our mission has been to preserve the straightforward scariness of the original film or the first couple of films, but at the same time, continue on with this ever-expanding tapestry of consistent story that we’ve spun over the course of seven movies and 30-some years.
I think fans are really gonna love to see the new characters that we introduce into this realm and just to see how they came off of our classic characters. Not just Chucky, but some of the others that you may be hoping to see. There’s a good chance they may turn up."

MEMORIAL DAY MOVIE TRIVIA---Wayne Morris starred in KID GALAHAD with Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and Bette Davis. While filming FLIGHT ANGELS, he became interested in naval aviation and joined the Navy before the US entered World War II. Morris was rejected for duty as a fighter pilot because he was too big, so he asked his uncle-in-law, Cdr. David McCampbell, the Navy's top ace and Medal of Honor recipient, for help. McCampbell arranged for Morris to be assigned to McCampbell's fighter squadron, VF-15 "McCampbell's Heroes" on the aircraft carrier USS Essex. Morris shot down seven Japanese aircraft and helped sink five enemy warships. He was awarded four Distinguished Flying Crosses and was the only Hollywood actor to achieve ace status.
One of Morris' last roles, considered to be his finest, was Lt. Roget in Stanley Kubrick's PATHS OF GLORY. In 1959 Morris suffered a fatal heart attack aboard the aircraft carrier USS Bon Homme Richard as a guest of McCampbell.

Wayne Morris starred in KID GALAHAD with Edward G. Robinson, Humphrey Bogart and Bette Davis.

WAYNE-MORRIS-KID-GALAHAD-FOTOR.jpg

In World War II, Morris shot down seven Japanese aircraft and helped sink five Japanese warships for which he was awarded four Distinguished Flying Crosses. Morris was the only Hollywood actor to achieve ace status.

WAYNE-MORRIS-ACE-FOTOR.jpg

One of Morris' last roles, considered to be his finest, was Lt. Roget in Stanley Kubrick's PATHS OF GLORY.

WAYNE-MORRIS-PATHS-OF-GLORY-FOTOR.jpg

You just can't reboot the magic of the first three Indiana Jones movies.I don't know why they keep trying.Just like the Terminator movies after the first two.
Mark

TUESDAY, MAY 26

STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK---on the 40th anniversary of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, George Lucas said the sequel came close to not being filmed because of the stress he suffered while filming the original movie, "At first I was contemplating selling the whole thing to Fox... I'd just take my percentage and go home and never think about Star Wars again. But the truth of it is, I got captivated by the thing... And I can't help but get upset or excited when something isn't the way it's supposed to be. I can see that world. I know the way the characters live and breathe."
Lucas got Irvin Kershner to direct THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK which is considered by many to be the best movie of the franchise.

EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-FOTOR.jpg

DEADPOOL 3---creator Rob Lifeld posted fan artwork to show his unhappiness over Walt Disney's lack of plans for DEADPOOL 3. The fan artwork shows Deadpool holding Mickey Mouse after he has shot Mickey in the head while Hollywood burns in the background.

DEADPOOL-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN---a rumor claims Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are planning a live-action SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE movie which will give Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man a proper farewell similar to Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr's farewell in AVENGERS: ENDGAME.
Also, Tom Holland is reportedly lobbying for Maguire to play Uncle Ben in flashback scenes for the next SPIDER-MAN movie.
In Brazil, three young boys let a black widow spider bite them so they would get Spider-Man-llke superpowers. After getting sick, the boys spent a week in the hospital before recovering from the bites.

LABYRINTH---Scott Derrickson (DOCTOR STRANGE) will direct the TriStar Pictures sequel to the 1986 Jim Henson fantasy movie that starred David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.

LABYRINTH-FOTOR.jpg

LOST---on the tenth anniversary of the controversial tv series finale, Evangeline Lilly's comments echoed the feelings of many fans, “I didn’t really watch the show from seasons four to six. I would just show up to work and do it. I loved season one when it was all about the characters, but when it became all about the mythology, it wasn’t my taste. I think for the genre, though, it was catnip.”
However, co-creator Damon Lindelof defended the series and its finale, “I guess the takeaway from LOST is that I am unapologetic about the fact I’m fascinated by ambiguity and questions that will never be answered, because that’s what life is. I’m just really interested in those stories and I understand that there is an experience of frustration and dissatisfaction. But I also think that there is nobility in the exploration and the journey of these ideas.” Co-creator Carlton Cuse added, “I wouldn’t apologize either. I think the journey of LOST, like life, has its flaws and blemishes, which may be perceived differently by different people. But in totality, I’m very proud of what we did. The fact we made the show and touched a lot of people’s hearts is something that’s incredibly special to me."

LOST-FINALE-Fotor.jpg

HALLOWEEN---Blumhouse revealed the identity of the father of Laurie Stode's daughter, Karen, "Some dude Laurie met at a bar. She doesn't even remember his name."

THE WILDEST ANIMALS IN GRIFFITH PARK---tv comedy underway based on the true story of two writers who lived in a park to discover their "inner wild" and the true meaning of life. Kaitlyn Dever and Joey King star. Margot Robbie is the producer.

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA---FX renewed the series for Season 15.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In the original CASINO ROYALE, director Joe McGrath talked about a deleted scene in which Ursula Andress shoots Ian Hendry (THE AVENGERS) and drops his wrapped body down a rubbish chute, "I used Ian Hendry in CASINO ROYALE as a hitman. So Ursula Andress is in a private firing area and she has a target – you know that you wind up and down – and so she winds the target back down and she has a whole series of guns laid out in front of her. And she’s reaching for the gun when this hit-man appears behind the target. It’s Ian Hendry.
And he is just about to shoot her and he says this is a Beretta, you know, and he tells it’s caliber, it’s an Italian make and some hit-men use it. And she says, ‘oh really’ and she quickly picks up gun and say this is a Walter PPK. Bang! And she shoots him, you know, and then she goes along each gun and she she explains this gun and shoots him in a different part – so that it takes about six bullets and in, you know, at the end he says, ‘you know I’ll never forgive you for this,” you know and he dies. She then puts him in a parcel and sends him off.
Now the Ian Hendry’s scene is cut out of the film. So you start the scene with her with a parcel, saying get rid of this rubbish, you know, tomorrow morning. Now you don’t know what’s in that parcel. That’s Ian Hendry,"

CASINO-ROYALE-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MAY 27

SPACEX---the EDGE OF TOMORROW team of Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman will reunite for the untitled outer space movie which involves Elon Musk's SpaceX and the International Space Station.

SPACEX-FOTOR.jpg

AVATAR 2---producer Joe Landau commented on the sequel's plot, "This is the story of the Sully family and what one does to keep their family together. Jake and Neytiri have a family in this movie, they are forced to leave their home, they go out and explore the different regions of Pandora, including spending quite a bit of time on the water, around the water, in the water. I think, why do people turn to entertainment today, more so than ever? I think it's to escape, to escape the world we're in, to escape the other pressures they have in their lives."

JUSTICE LEAGUE SNYDER CUT---Zack Snyder posted a photo of villain Darkseid from the HBO Max movie.

JUSTICE-LEAGUE-FOTOR.jpg

PLANET OF THE APES---director Wes Ball said the sequel could start production soon, and they are, "continuing to move forward" with the script. He added the sequel, "could actually be in virtual production relatively soon because it’s largely a CG movie."

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO---Amazon Studios reboot tv series underway based on the Lisbeth Salamander novels. The tv series is not a sequel to the movies, but will have Salamander in a new setting with new characters.

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE---on the 15th anniversary of the series finale, "These Are The Voyages", showrunner Brannon Braga said the finale, “was a kind of a slap in the face to the ENTERPRISE actors”. Co-star Connor Trinneer added, “One’s feelings about the finale were not just bittersweet, they were just bitter. We had the plug pulled out from us, and we felt it was far too soon.”

DARK TOWER---showrunner Glen Mazzara commented on the shelved Amazon tv series based on the Stephen King novels, “When we realized that the franchise was not viable, or not going to continue, we decided we could now lay out the entire epic. Now we had a choice: do we go back and start with The Gunslinger? Do you start and tell the story in a linear way and then interrupt that narrative and have this large cutaway in your season 4 or season 5 to Wizard and Glass? That’s a viable option.”
He added, “If season 1 ended with the death of Susan…in Wizard and Glass very quickly you go from the death of Susan to the death of Gabrielle, [Roland’s] mother. I felt that I needed a season to give me real estate so that Gabrielle’s death didn’t step on Susan’s and that it felt like an escalation. Roland fails to save Susan, but he actually shoots and kills his mother. In the book, Gabrielle is not really a detailed character in a way that, say, Susan is…Gabrielle is really not fleshed out. She just doesn’t have as many pages attributed to her. I love that character. The actress we had for her was Elaine Cassidy, a fantastic Irish actress, and she did a really great job. So for season 2…[we were] maybe going to use the shapeshifter story [from Wind Through the Keyhole] as part of season 2 and get to the death of Gabrielle and either the fall of Gilead there or the fall of Gilead would be the season three premiere.”

SPAWN---producer Jason Blum hinted about a big development on the movie, "...it is a very active development. I wanna make the movie so badly, I wouldn’t put that past myself...I’ve actually been talking to other people about it, but there’s been a seismic event on SPAWN.”

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---FX is developing a spinoff anthology series with each episode being a different ghost story.

FRAGGLE ROCK---Apple TV+ is developing a new reboot series.

TRIVIA---May 27, 2020 is the 79th anniversary of the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck in World War II.
In World War II, British actor Esmond Knight was a gunnery officer on the new battleship HMS Prince of Wales when it accompanied the battle cruiser HMS Hood as they intercepted the Bismarck on its maiden combat voyage in the Denmark Strait.
Only minutes after the Battle of the Denmark Strait began, Knight saw the Bismarck sink the Hood with only three survivors out of its crew of 1.418. Knight said, ". . . I remember listening for it and thinking it would be a most tremendous explosion, but I don't remember hearing an explosion at all." Many of the battleship's crew heard little or nothing from the Hood exploding, perhaps due to the Prince of Wales's own cannons and machinery. The Bismarck then directed its fire against the Prince of Wales. In the resulting hits, Knight was wounded and lost sight in both eyes. Two years later, medical treatment restored partial vision in his right eye.
In the 1960 movie SINK THE BISMARCK!, Knight played Capt. John Leach, commander of the Prince of Wales.
In ROBIN AND MARIAN, Knight, with his glass eye removed, played the old man who conversed with Robin Hood (Sean Connery) and then defied King Richard I (Richard Harris).

In World War II, actor Esmond Knight was a gunnery officer on the battleship HMS Prince of Wales when it and the battle cruiser HMS Hood dueled with the battleship Bismarck. Knight was blinded when the Prince of Wales was hit by fire from the Bismarck. In the movie SINK THE BISMARCK!, Knight played Capt. John Leach, commander of the Prince of Wales.

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-1-SNIP-FOTOR.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-PRINCE-WALES-FOTOR-A.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-2-SNIP-FOTOR.jpg

In ROBIN AND MARIAN, Knight, with his glass eye removed, played the old man who conversed with Robin Hood (Sean Connery) and then defied King Richard I (Richard Harris).

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-ROBIN-MARIAN-SNIP-FOTOR.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-SEAN-CONNERY-FOTOR.jpg

Interesting trivia and projects on the way. Edge of Tomorrow is one of my favorite movies, also a fan of Tom Cruise, his acting anyway, not so much his other stuff.

And really look forward to the New Avatar movie, by coincidence I watched my Avatar DVD again on Sunday night. An amazingly beautiful movie, strangely combined with full on violence and action, with a warning about the possible future of our own planet.

THURSDAY, MAY 28

STAR WARS: JEDI TEMPLE CHALLENGE---trailer released for the game show with Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks) as the host.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynDMTiamRRY

SUPERMAN---Henry Cavill is reportedly in negotiations with Warner Bros. to return for a future Superman movie that is “not a standalone film” such as a MAN OF STEEL sequel.

SUPERMAN-FOTOR.jpg

BORDERLANDS---Lionsgate confirmed that Cate Blanchett will play siren Lilith in the Eli Roth movie based on the video game.

SHELLY---Awkwafina and Karen Gillan star in this action-comedy movie about a girl who flees town after an embarrassing prom prank and becomes an assassin. She is happy when she discovers her next target is her former classmate and tormentor. However, she befriends her tormentor and must protect her from other assassins.

SHELLY-GILLAN-AWKWAFINA.jpg

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS---co-writer Jonathan Goldstein commented on the movie based on the board game, “It’s not an out and out comedy, but it is an action-fantasy movie with a lot of comedic elements and characters we hope people will really get into and enjoy watching their adventures."

UPGRADE---tv series sequel underway to the sci fi movie that starred Logan Marshall-Green. The tv series will focus on an expanded STEM in a new host that is being used by the government to fight crime.

THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL---Paul Feig will direct the Netflix movie based on the fantasy book.

THE GOON---director Tim Miller commented on the movie based on the Eric Powell comic book, “Eric is, at this very moment, working on script revisions and things are still moving forward. It’s true… we’ve had a few setbacks – like Disney buying Fox and of course there’s no f*cking way Disney would make a GOON film – but we have and will continue to keep pushing past this ***** until it’s done. Adult animation gets hotter every day and we’re very actively stoking that fire with our shows like LOVE, DEATH & ROBOTS. And it’s working – believe me, the difference between the excitement we hear pitching GOON now and the fear we heard when we began development (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) is huge. Fewer doors are closed and more minds are open.”

TRIVIA---in THE NAKED 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, the fertility clinic whip-cracking dominatrix was played by Julie Strain. Strain was a former PENTHOUSE Pet of the Month in June, 1991 and Pet of the Year in 1993. After falling from the horse she was riding, Strain suffered amnesia which led to degenerative dementia. Reports of her death in January, 2020 were false.

In THE NAKED 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, the fertility clinic whip-cracking dominatrix was played by Julie Strain

NAKED-GUN-DOMINATRIX-FOTOR.jpg

Strain was a former PENTHOUSE Pet of the Month in June, 1991 and Pet of the Year in 1993. After Strain fell from the horse she was riding, she suffered amnesia which led to degenerative dementia.

NAKED-GUN-PENTHOUSE-2-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MAY 29

TENET---tv spot released for the Christopher Nolan spy movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jMVuS1rRoE

BE WATER---trailer released for the ESPN documentary about Bruce Lee.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-R7SZ1wgNY

GLADIATOR---Connie Nielsen commented on the status of the Ridley Scott sequel that will focus on the adult Lucius, "So, we did hear from the producers. I think it's just a question of which film is coming first in Ridley's very tight schedule. And then I think it's a question of COVID and can we get back to work. But I would be interested in doing [the film], for sure. I mean, it's obviously a wonderful project, so of course I would be interested."

GLADIATOR-FOTOR.jpg

DON"T LOOK UP---Leonardo DiCaprio is in talks to co-star with Jennifer Lawrence in this comedy movie about two low-level astronomers who go on a campaign to warn mankind that an asteroid will soon collide with Earth.

DON-T-LOOK-UP-FOTOR.jpg

SUPERMAN---VARIETY said about Henry Cavill returning as Superman, “Cavill’s return is only a cameo and would likely have him appearing in a film where he has previous ties with title character (AQUAMAN, SHAZAM). Sources say not for BLACK ADAM or WW. New MAN OF STEEL film still way off with no certainty Henry would return to star.”
Deadline claims, “Cavill’s Superman will operate in a similar capacity to Marvel’s use of Nick Fury and the Hulk, appearing in films for a supporting role or even smaller cameos. The future of Cavill’s Superman has not yet been fully decided, and it sounds like Warner Bros. and DC Comics are still figuring out where the character best fits in upcoming films.”

THE BLUE AFTERNOON THAT LASTED FOREVER---Paramount Pictures sci movie underway based on the short story about a NASA scientist who tries to warn mankind that a black hole will destroy the Earth in a few days, but nobody believes him except his young daughter.

THE WALKING DEAD---Norman Reedus commented on the Season 10 finale, "It's going to be an epic battle. It’s like a full-on GAME OF THRONES super war battle."

THE MENU---dark comedy movie underway about a young couple who travel to a remote island where the top chef of an exclusive restaurant is cooking a lavish meal.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG---Paramount Pictures has confirmed the sequel is underway.

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF---Thomas Kail will direct the MGM movie based on the Broadway musical.

THE MAGUS---Johan Renck (CHERNOBYL) is in talks to direct the tv miniseries based on the novel.

COBRA KAI---Sony Pictures TV is shopping the tv series to other outlets after YouTube declined to renew it. Netflix and Hulu are considered to be the top contenders.

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, "God" was played by George Murdock. Murdock appeared on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION as Admiral JP Hanson in "The Best Of Both Worlds" and "The Best Of Both Worlds, Part II".

In STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, "God" was played by George Murdock.

STAR-TREK-V-GOD-FOTOR.jpg

Murdock appeared on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION as Admiral JP Hanson in "The Best Of Both Worlds" and "The Best Of Both Worlds, Part II".

STAR-TREK-V-MURDOCK-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, JUNE 1

WOLFMAN---Ryan Gosling will star in the Universal Pictures reboot of the 1941 THE WOLFMAN that starred Lon Chaney, Jr. The reboot is based on Gosling's concept and will be written by the ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK team of Lauren Schuker Blum and Rebecca Angelo. Corey Finley (BAD EDUCATION) is a candidate to direct the reboot.

WOLFMAN-RYAN-GOSLING-FOTOR.jpg

BALLERINA---producer Chad Stahelski commented on the JOHN WICK spinoff movie about a young female assassin who seeks revenge for the murder of her family with Len Wiseman as the director/co-writer, “Having him on board and approaching some of the action design from a slightly different perspective, meaning the set pieces, the character involvement, how and what he wants to do during the action sequences, makes it kind of fresh. So, we’re not just copying ourselves over and over again with gun-fu or something like that. And because the character is different, we’re going to get a different take on things.” Chloe Grace Moretz is reportedly a candidate to star in the spinoff.

THE BATMAN---concept model maker Jeff Frost posted a photo of an early concept of the Batmobile.

BATMAN-BATMOBILE-FOTOR.jpg

ALMYTHEA---movie underway based on the fantasy novel. Cinematographer Bruce Logan (TRON, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY)) is the director.

WE'RE NOT HERE---live-action/animated family movie underway based on the novel set in the post-apocalyptic future when an Earth family living on Mars migrates to the planet of Choom where is natives, the Zhuri, are not happy with the new inhabitants. Mike Mitchell (THE LEGO MOVIE: THE SECOND PART) is the director.

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 10 averaged 5.4 million viewers which made it the most-watched tv series on cable and #11 among primetime series.

KYLIE JENNER---FORBES magazine removed Kylie Jenner from its billionaires list after the magazine claimed Jenner used a "web of lies" to inflate the value of her cosmetics business. In March, 2019, FORBES said Jenner was the youngest self-made billionaire ever. FORBES now estimates Jenner's actual worth is under $900 million.
Jenner tweeted her reply, “What am I even waking up to. I thought this was a reputable site.. all I see are a number of inaccurate statements and unproven assumptions lol. I’ve never asked for any title or tried to lie my way there EVER. period. ‘Even creating tax returns that were likely forged’ that’s your proof? So you just THOUGHT they were forged? Like actually what am I reading.”

THE EXECUTION---movie underway based on the murder of Saudi Arabia-born WASHINGTON POST columnist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey where he went to apply for a marriage license. Daniel Espinosa (SAFE HOUSE) is the director.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia and June 1 is National Dinosaur Day. so dinosaur movie trivia is included.
In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Raquel Welch's cavewoman grunts were dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl, a voice actress best known for dubbing the voices of Bond Girls in the classic James Bond movies including THUNDERBALL, DR. NO, GOLDFINGER, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE and others. Welch was supposed to be the Bond Girl in THUNDERBALL, but co-starred in FANTASTIC VOYAGE and was replaced by Claudine Auger, whose voice was dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl.
ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. cast members who also appeared in James Bond movies include Martine Beswick, Robert Brown and Percy Herbert.

In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Raquel Welch's cavewoman grunts were dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl, a voice actress best known for dubbing the voices of Bond Girls in the classic James Bond movies.

DINOSAUR-RAQUEL-WELCH-FOTOR.jpg

Welch was supposed to be the Bond Girl in THUNDERBALL, but co-starred in FANTASTIC VOYAGE and was replaced by Claudine Auger, whose voice was dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl.

DINOSAUR-THUNDERBALL-FOTOR.jpg

In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Martine Beswick had a catfight with Raquel Welch and a catfight with Aliza Gur in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

DINOSAUR-DAY-MARTINE-BESWICK-FOTOR-2.jpg

DINOSAUR-DAY-MARTINE-BESWICK-FOTOR-1.jpg

In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., Robert Brown (right) played Akhoba, and he played Admiral Hargreaves in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and M in other James Bond movies. Percy Herbert (left) played Sakana, and he played a SMERSH piper in the original CASINO ROYALE.

DINOSAUR-DAY-PERCY-HERBERT-ROBERT-BROWN-FOTOR-2.jpg

DINOSAUR-DAY-ROBERT-BROWN-FOTOR.jpg

DINOSAUR-DAY-PERCY-HERBERT-FOTOR.jpg

ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. featured special effects master Ray Harryhausen's dinosaurs.

DINOSAUR-HARRYHAUSEN-FOTOR-2.jpg

TUESDAY, JUNE 2

MURDER MANUAL---trailer released for the Amazon horror anthology movie starring Emilia Clarke.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4mMDBtli8k

INHERITANCE---trailer released for the movie starring Lily Collins and Simon Pegg.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-KoYAmlx38

AVATAR 2---David Thewlis commented on his character in the sequel, I am a Na’vi, I’m a blue thing in it – which I didn’t quite understand when I went to meet [Cameron]. I was quite surprised when I got offered that. I’m fascinated to see how I’m going to look, because they sort of make them look a bit like oneself. It’s fantastic! I’ve got no idea what my scenes will be like because there are about 16 guys in the room with video cameras but they’re just shooting reference shots for Jim [Cameron] to look at later. What those guys are shooting will never be on the screen, what’s being shot is obviously on these sensors. There are about 200 around the room, doing their thing.”

KILL THEM ALL---Paramount Pictures movie underway based on the graphic novel about a female killer and an ex-cop who team up to battle their way up 15 floors of assassins, drug dealers and other criminals to get revenge on a crime lord hiding in his penthouse. Victoria Mahoney is in negotiations to direct the movie.

WONDER WOMAN 1984---director Patty Jenkins commented on rumors that Wonder Woman and villain Cheetah will have a romantic relationship in the sequel, "t might have [happened] in a different storyline. But because this storyline was so clearly about Steve [Trevor] coming back, the whole story was about Steve. It’s all a love story with Steve. There wasn’t room for two for Diana."
She also spoke about two villains in the sequel, "It turned out that the story was the thing that gave birth to the need for both. It wasn't that I thought I needed both. Cheetah was the villain that we were focused on having in this movie, but then Max Lord, throughout the history of Wonder Woman comics -- he serves a very mechanical purpose, often."

FROZEN III---Josh Gad commented on a possible sequel, “I mean, here’s the deal, FROZEN II wasn’t FROZEN II until there was a reason to exist. And similarly, I don’t know if and when there will be a FROZEN III. That’s way above my pay grade, but what I can tell you is this: There was an opportunity to take these characters and bring again a sense of hope and inspiration. And it’s why the team at Disney and I teamed up on the past couple of weeks to do At Home with Olaf […] And so the FROZEN saga continues, even if it’s not necessarily in the form of a third movie. But we’ll see! If there’s always a story worth telling, I’m sure that Jennifer Lee and the incredible team over at Disney animation will tell that story one day.”

WANDAVISION---Evan Peters, who played Quicksilver in the X-MEN movies, will co-star in an undisclosed role with Elizabeth Olson and Paul Bettany in the Disney+/Marvel tv series.

THE DARK TOWER---showrunner Glen Mazzara said he wanted Stephen King to play himself on the shelved tv series based on King's novels, “If Stephen was up for it we would’ve done it, or I would’ve cast someone to play Stephen King. But if Stephen King’s gonna be a character in the books, I felt like I had to be a character in the show.”

TRIVIA---Burt Reynolds, who co-starred in Adam Sandler's remake of his 1974 prison football movie, commented on the remake, "I didn't see. I didn't want to see it."
He said he met with Sandler's group about the remake, "(There were) like seven people in an office. And they were all talking about how they were going to make the best picture of THE LONGEST YARD. And I said, 'Well I hope you make a good one. But I don’t think you’re going to make a better one.' "
Reynolds said he appeared in the remake for the money, "I said, 'Well, good luck. And how many days am I working? Three days?' I said, 'OK. And how much money is it? OK, this is good.' "

LONGEST-YARD-BURT-REYNOLDS-2-FOTOR.jpg

LONGEST-YARD-REMAKE-FOTOR-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back