Movie/TV News (2 Viewers)

THURSDAY, MAY 7

YELLOWSTONE---trailer released for Season 3.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHsEnvFNTk8

BALL AND CHAIN---the JUNGLE CRUISE team of Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt will star in this sci fi movie based on the comic book about a couple who decide to end their marriage until a meteorite gives them super powers that work only when they are together.

BALL-AND-CHAIN-FOTOR.jpg

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---a rumor claims Karen Gillan is a candidate to star in the female-led reboot movie, possible as Redd, the female pirate. It is also rumored a minority female is being sought for the lead role.

PIRATES-CARIBBEAN-FOTOR.jpg

THE OLD GUARD---photo released of Charlize Theron, Luca Marinelli and Matthias Schoenaerts in the Netflix movie based on the comic book about immortal superheroes.

OLD-GUARD-FOTOR.jpg

DARK DAYS AT THE MAGNA CARTA---Blake Lively will star in the Netflix/Shawn Levy movie about a woman who must save her family during an apocalyptic catastrophe. No other details were released.

SCREAM 5---Neve Campbell said she is in talks to appear in the sequel that is described as, “a woman returning to her home town to try to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes.”

WHITE COLLAR---creator Jeff Eastin tweeted he and Matt Bomer, “have a plan to bring #WhiteCollar back.”

FREAK BROTHERS---Woody Harrelson, John Goodman, Tiffany Haddish and Pete Davidson will provide the voices for the adult-oriented tv series based on the comic book.

TRIVIA---J. Lee Thompson directed the hit World War II movie THE GUNS OF NAVARONE based on the Alistair MacLean novel. During filming, actress Gia Scala asked to cut Thompson's hair and shaved a strip on the back of his head. Thompson said, "Gia Scala, who was a little crazy, decided I needed a haircut. She was a little upset over some scene we had done. I just sat there while she cut my hair and she ruined it. It made me look ridiculous! I had to wear a hat." Actor James Darren mitigated the bad haircut a little by making up the back of Thompson's head. According to some sources, Scala retaliated because Thompson ordered her to get her hair cut short to make her look boyish over her objections.
Thompson said about working with Scala earlier on AIM AT THE STARS, "She was absolutely crazy...after the film was finished, I said, 'Thank God. I hope I never have to work with her again. And then when I inherited GUNS OF NAVARONE, who was in the cast? Gia Scala!"
In 1972, Scala was found dead in her home. Los Angeles County Coroner Thomas Noguchi ruled her death was accidental by "acute ethanol and barbiturate intoxication".
However, Scala's sister claimed she was murdered because her nude body was found sprawled across her bed, there were bruises on her body and blood on her pillow.

Gia Scala with David Niven and James Darren in THE GUNS OF NAVARONE.

GUNS-NAVARONE-FOTOR-2.jpg

My god not a reboot of Pirates of the Caribbean with a woman as the lead.{eek3}
Mark.

I'm waiting for the day when they reboot the chick flicks and put a man in the lead role.It's coming!!{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}^&grin
Mark

" ....
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---a rumor claims Karen Gillan is a candidate to star in the female-led reboot movie, possible as Redd, the female pirate. It is also rumored a minority female is being sought for the lead role. ... "

Minority female ? Sorry, I do not understand .

FRIDAY, MAY 8

BLOOD AND MONEY---trailer released for the thriller movie starring Tom Berenger.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COcXXS_TqZg

BECKY---trailer released for the thriller movie starring Kevin James.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxa35K69dkg

OBI-WAN KENOBI---a rumor claims Hayden Christensen is, "currently in talks" to return as Anakin Skywalker for the untitled Disney+ miniseries starring Ewan McGregor.

OB-WAN-KENOBI-FOTOR.jpg

NATIONAL TREASURE 3---producer Jerry Bruckheimer said the script for the sequel is, “being written right now". Director Jon Turteltaub is returning for the sequel which is being written by Chris Bremner (BAD BOYS FOR LIFE). Bruckheimer also said a Disney+ tv series is underway with a younger cast, “We’re certainly working on one for streaming and we’re working on one for the big screen. Hopefully, they’ll both come together and we’ll bring you another NATIONAL TREASURE, but they’re both very active…The one for Disney+ is a much younger cast. It’s the same concept but a young cast. The one for theatrical would be the same cast."

NATIONAL-TREASURE-FOTOR.jpg

SIX YEARS---Netflix movie underway based on the novel with David Ayer as the writer/director/producer.

PROPHET---the first movie of a franchise is underway based on the comic book with Marc Guggenheim (ARROW) as the writer.

REUNITED APART---Josh Gad announced that Episode 2 of the webseries will be a cast reunion of BACK TO THE FUTURE.

SPIDER-MAN : INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE---producer Christopher Miller said he wanted cameos with Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield for the movie, "We pitched the Sony brass an ambitious tag involving Spider-Ham, Tobey, Andrew, and Tom. They felt it was 'too soon.' "

IRONBARK---the Benedict Cumberbatch spy movie about the Cuban missile crisis has the new title of THE COURIER.

HISTORY---History cancelled PROJECT BLUE BOOK and KNIGHTFALL.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---Ryan Murphy talked about getting Macauly Culkin for Season 10, "So, I have this very, very great insane part. And I asked to speak to him on the phone and he said okay. [When] I cast, I never let people read things, usually. I said, ‘OK, here’s the pitch.’ And I told him the character and I told him he has crazy, erotic sex with Kathy Bates and does other things. And he paused and he goes, ‘This sounds like the role I was born to play.’ So, he signed up right then and there.”

JUST BEYOND---Disney+ tv series based on the RL Stine graphic novel.

MUPPETS NOW---Disney+ unscripted Muppets series with celebrity guest stars will premiere in the summer

TRIVIA---Catherine Mary Stewart is perhaps best know for co-starring in THE LAST STARFIGHTER, but her first role in a major movie was playing a London sales clerk in NIGHTHAWKS with Sylvester Stallone and Rutger Hauer. '"I had a small role in Nighthawks. It was with Rutger Hauer. He was pure evil in this show and never broke character, around me at least. He terrified me as a young, new actor. This was only my third role after "The Apple" and "Powder Heads", a Canadian ski comedy. I was back in London and Sylvester Stallone cast me."' Stewart said apparently her British accent was not very convincing because her voice was dubbed in the final film.

Catherine Mary Stewart is perhaps best know for co-starring in THE LAST STARFIGHTER.

CATHERINE-MARY-STEWART-LAST-STARFIGHTER-FOTOR.jpg

Stewart's first role in a major movie was playing a London sales clerk in NIGHTHAWKS with Sylvester Stallone and Rutger Hauer.

CATHERINE-MARY-STEWART-NIGHTHAWKS-FOTOR.jpg

Sorry that Project Bluebook got canceled.I enjoyed it but was surprised it was renewed for Season 2.
Mark

Funny how these things come together.

I occasionally listen to some of the Joe Rogan pod casts and currently listening to recent one with Jack Carr who I had never heard of and had to Google. Ex SEAL who wrote the Terminal List mentioned in this thread just the other day.

Only problem is going to be on Amazon. Managed to avoid the company so far and have no intention of changing now.

THE TERMINAL LIST---Amazon tv series starring Chris Pratt and based on the novel about a SEAL whose team is ambushed on a covert mission. After returning home, he discovers the ambush was connected to a dark conspiracy.

MONDAY, MAY 11

DUNE---Denis Villeneuve commented on a new photo released from the remake movie showing Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck and Timothee Chalamet as Paul Atreides, “It’s Paul’s first contact with the deep desert, where he’s mesmerised by it. He has a strange feeling of being home. There’s a lot of action at this specific moment, and [it’s] one of the scenes in the movie that I’m starting to get pretty proud of.”

DUNE-JOSH-BROLIN-FOTOR.jpg

THE MANDALORIAN---Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett in ATTACK OF THE CLONES, will play Boba Fett in Season 2. Also, sources claim bounty hunter Sabine Wren will also appear in Season 2.

MANDALORIAN-BOBA-FETT-FOTOR.jpg

CLARICE---Michael Cudlitz will play Paul Krendler, VICAP Fly Team leader, and Kal Penn will play FBI agent Emin Grigoryan in the CBS tv series sequel to THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

REVIVAL--movie underway based on the Stephen King novel. Mike Flanagan (DOCTOR SLEEP) is the writer and may direct the movie.

THE WALKING DEAD---director Greg Nicotero commented on the Rick Grimes movie, “From what I understand from Mr. Gimple, the script is well underway. I’ve looked at a couple of early drafts, but I haven’t seen anything lately, but from what I understand they’re digging away at it. One thing about this kind of situation is people that work at home… you know, writers… they’re able to take advantage of this time, and it’s a good time."

CLARK---Bill Skarsgard will star in this Netflix six-part miniseries about Swedish criminal Clark Oloffson whose presence in a bank heist led to the term Stockholm Syndrome.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---an FX spinoff anthology series titled AMERICAN HORROR STORIES is underway that will feature "one hour contained episodes".

BOB'S BURGERS---Fox renewed the series for Season 11.

DAVE---FXX renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, James Bond goes undercover as marine biologist Robert Sterling to investigate Bond Villain Karl Stromberg, who has hijacked nuclear submarines in order to start a nuclear war and kill all of mankind so he can rule the Earth from his sea base at the bottom of the sea.
In the movie VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM of the SEA, Robert Sterling played Capt. Lee Crane, commander of the nuclear submarine Seaview, who must help save mankind from a global catastrophe after the Van Allen radiation belt is set on fire.

In THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, James Bond goes undercover as marine biologist Robert Sterling to investigate Bond Villain Karl Stromberg, who has hijacked nuclear submarines in order to start a nuclear war and kill all of mankind so he can rule the Earth from his sea base at the bottom of the sea.

SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-ROBERT-STERLING-FOTOR.jpg

SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-ROGER-MOORE-FOTOR.jpg

SPY_WHO_LOVED--SUBMARINES-FOTOR.jpg

In the movie VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM of the SEA, Robert Sterling played Capt. Lee Crane, commander of the nuclear submarine Seaview, who must help save mankind from a global catastrophe after the Van Allen radiation belt is set on fire.

SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-VOYAGE-BOTTOM-ROBERT-STERLING-FOTOR.jpg

SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-SEAVIEW-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MAY 12

REUNITED APART WITH JOSH GAD---the episode featuring the BACK TO THE FUTURE reunion.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdYIUdUOhc

DON'T LOOK UP---Cate Blanchett is in negotiations to co-star with Jennifer Lawrence in the comedy sci fi movie about two astronomers who warn mankind that an asteroid will collide with Earth in six months.

DON-T-LOOK-UP-CATE-BLANCHETT.jpg

STAR WARS---Mark Hamill tweeted that he will probably never play Luke Skywalker again, "I had a beginning, middle, and end. Those films gave me far more than I ever expected when we started out so it's never even occurred to me. My farewell was in Episode IX and it was bittersweet. I love all those people and I certainly have affection for George and the character he created. I'm full of gratitude for what it has given me and my career but I don't want to be greedy. There are still so many more stories to tell and so many great actors to tell them, they don't need me."

STAR-WARS-MARK-HAMILL-FOTOR.jpg

THE EQUALIZER---Queen Latifah and Chris Noth will star in the CBS remake of the CBS tv series that starred Edward Woodward. Latifah will play, “an enigmatic woman with a mysterious background who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn.”

EQUALIZER-FOTOR.jpg

B POSITIVE---new CBS/Chuck Lorre comedy tv series described as, “a therapist and newly divorced dad (Thomas Middleditch) who is faced with finding a kidney donor when he runs into a rough-around-the-edges woman from his past (Annaleigh Ashford) who volunteers her own.”

DEADPOOL 3---co-creator Rob Liefeld said he is not optimistic about a new sequel, “Here’s what people don’t want to hear, but thank God I’m a realist. I feel like Deadpool, the movies, they’ve set sail. We got two brilliant movies, and we live in a culture that always looks forward because all they’re ever selling us is ‘next, next, next.’ It’s the fever. For me, as the fever calms down, people just need to calm down and realize that DEADPOOL 1 and 2 were released within two years of each other, 2016 and 2018, and I just can’t… I’m not really that crazy about Marvel’s plan right now.”

NIGHT WOLF---Tim Story is in talks to direct this Kevin Hart comedy movie about a man who discovers his future father-in-law is the secret superhero Night Wolf.

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF KAVALIER & CLAY---tv miniseries underway based on the novel.

THE LYING LIFE OF ADULTS---Netflix/Fandango tv series underway based on the novel.

COMMUNITY---Dan Harmon commented on a movie based on his tv series, "I can say that there are conversations happening that people would want to be happening and that I’m very, very excited about the coming months.”

TELL ME A STORY---CBS All Access cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---at the end of the comedy Western movie SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER, Jug May (Jack Elam) tells the audience what happened to the lead characters in the movie including Latigo Smith (James Garner) and Patience Barton (Suzanne Pleshette) getting married and having seven daughters.
May then tells what happened to him, "And me, I go on to become a big star in Italian Westerns." He is referring to his famous role as Snaky, the fly-on-his-face gunslinger in Sergio Leone's ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.

Jack Elam played Jug May and James Garner played Latigo Smith in the comedy Western SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER. May tells the audience what happened to the lead characters in the movie including Latigo and Patience Barton (Suzanne Pleshette) getting married and having seven daughters.

SUPPORT-YOUR-LOCAL-GUNFIGHTER-FLY-JACK-ELAM-FOTOR-2.jpg

May then tells what happened to him, "And me, I go on to become a big star in Italian Westerns." He is referring to his famous role as Snaky, the fly-on-his-face gunslinger in Sergio Leone's ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.

SUPPORT-YOUR-LOCAL-GUNFIGHTER-FLY-SNIP-FOTOR-3.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MAY 13

UNHINGED---trailer released for the road rage movie starring Russell Crowe.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xIO18Du5aY

MOONFALL---Josh Gad will star in this Roland Emmerich sci fi disaster movie about a ragtag group of astronauts who go into outer space to prevent the Moon from colliding with the Earth. Gad will play KC Houseman, an “odd and unkempt in a way that suggests a high level of intelligence and an equally high level of disorganization” who “correctly predicts that the Moon has fallen out of its orbit”.

MOONFALL-JOSH-GAD-FOTOR.jpg

WONDER WOMAN 1984---new photo of Kristen Wiig in the sequel.

WONDER-WOMAN-1984-FOTOR.jpg

FREE GUY---photo of Ryan Reynolds in the movie about a lonely bank teller who discovers he is really a video game character.

FREE-GUY-FOTOR.jpg

THE MANDALORIAN---Katee Sackhoff will play Bo-Katan Kryze in Season 2.

MANDALORIAN-KATEE-SACKHOFF.jpg

BATMAN V SUPERMAN---Akiva Goldsman commented on his version of the movie that was never made, “I wrote on...this version of Batman v Superman [around 2001 or 2002]— when Colin Farrell was cast as Batman and Jude Law was cast as Superman and Wolfgang Petersen was directing. We were in prep and it was the darkest thing you’ve ever seen. It started with Alfred’s funeral and Bruce has fallen in love and renounced being Batman, the Joker kills his wife, and then you discover it was all a lie. Just that the love itself was constructed by the Joker to break [Bruce].”

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD---Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron commented on their feud while filming the sequel. Theron said, “In retrospect, I didn’t have enough empathy to really, truly understand what he must have felt like to step into Mel Gibson’s shoes. That is frightening! And I think because of my own fear, we were putting up walls to protect ourselves instead of saying to each other, ‘This is scary for you, and it’s scary for me, too. Let’s be nice to each other.’ In a weird way, we were functioning like our characters: Everything was about survival.”
Hardy said, “I think in hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times. What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced, partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.”

KUNG FU---CW ordered to series the female-led reboot about a Chinese-American girl who drops out of college, enters a Chinese monastery and uses martial arts to fight crime.

HEAD OF THE CLASS---HBO Max reboot series underway based on the Howard Hesseman tv series that ran on ABC from 1986-1991.

SWEET TOOTH---Will Forte and James Brolin will star in this Netflix tv series based on the comic book.

TRIVIA---CATWOMAN received four Golden Raspberry Awards in 2005. Star Halle Berry surprisingly appeared at the awards ceremony to pick up her Razzie where she thanked Warner Bros., “for casting me in this piece-of-*****, god-awful movie”.

CATWOMAN-HALLE-BERRY-FOTOR.jpg

CATWOMAN-HALLE-BERRY-FOTOR.jpg

Count me out.

"THE EQUALIZER---Queen Latifah and Chris Noth will star in the CBS remake of the CBS tv series that starred Edward Woodward. Latifah will play, “an enigmatic woman with a mysterious background who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn.”

THURSDAY, MAY 14

CASSIAN ANDOR---Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa) and Alistair Petrie (Gen. Draven) are reportedly in talks to appear on the Disney + series that is a prequel to ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY.

CASSIAN-ANDOR-BIG-1-FOTOR.jpg

THE CONTINENTAL---Chad Stahelski commented on the Starz JOHN WICK spinoff tv series, “The angle they’re working on THE CONTINENTAL TV show right now is a different perspective on the whole world, it’s coming at it from different characters’ points of view and what the breadth of the world is. Whereas in John Wick I’m following a time period that’s almost just a week in the life of one man, [for] who everything spirals out of control, which our John Wick story. The angle that the other producers and writers on the TV show are coming from is a very different timeline structure and a very different perspective of character. About how deep the world goes, and not just assassins but everything that’s included. And a lot of the origin stories are some of the characters you see in Wick. So It’s got some very interesting things, it’s a very interesting take on the Wick world, which I think it pretty cool. But it won’t be from the John Wick perspective. Not that John Wick won’t be involved with it, it’s just not from his perspective.”

AMERICAN SON---Russell Crowe will star in this US remake of the French movie A PROPHET in which a criminal overthrows his mentor and takes over a crime syndicate.

THROTTLE---HBO Max movie underway based on the Stephen King novella.

A MAN WALKS INTO A BAR---Mark Duplass will direct this movie based on the novel about a stand-up comic and his audience.

CUBA---the CAPONE team of Tom Hardy and Josh Trank are reuniting for an untitled tv miniseries. Trank said the miniseries is,"... a story that spans decades, from right at the end of World War II and concerning the formation of the CIA, but from a point of view that hasn’t really been seen in a movie or in television before, and is just mentioned in books. It deals a lot with Castro and Cuba, and capitalism versus Communism."

RESIDENT EVIL---James Cameron said the horror movie is one of his guilty pleasures, “One of my guilty-pleasure films that I actually think is quite beautifully made is ‘Resident Evil.’ Watching Michelle Rodriguez in that film, moving like this feral creature, is joyful.”

CUSTOM OF THE COUNTRY---Sofia Coppola tv miniseries underway based on the novel.

USA NETWORK---the network cancelled TREADSTONE and THE PURGE.

TRIVIA---in John Frankenheimer's SEVEN DAYS IN MAY scene where President Jordan Lyman is talking to NORAD Gen. Barney Rutkowski on the video screen about tracking the military coup's cargo jets, Gen. Rutkowski is played by film editor Ferris Webster. Webster was film editor on movies including FORBIDDEN PLANET, THE GREAT ESCAPE, HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN and THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

In SEVEN DAYS IN MAY, NORAD Gen. Barney Rutkowski is played by film editor Ferris Webster.

SEVEN-DAYS-IN-MAY-FOTOR.jpg

Ferris Webster was film editor on movies including FORBIDDEN PLANET, THE GREAT ESCAPE, HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE and THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.

FORBIDDEN PLANET

SEVEN-DAYS-IN-MAY-FORBIDDEN-PLANET-FOTOR.jpg

THE GREAT ESCAPE

SEVEN-DAYS-IN-MAY-GREAT-ESCAPE-FOTOR.jpg

HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

SEVEN-DAYS-IN-MAY-HIGH-PLAINS-DRIFTER-FOTOR.jpg

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

SEVEN-DAYS-IN-MAY-MAGNIFICENT-SEVEN-FOTOR.jpg

THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

SEVEN-DAYS-IN-MAY-MANCHURIAN-CANDIDATE-FOTOR.jpg

Last edited:
FRIDAY, MAY 15

STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS---new CBS All Access STAR TREK: DISCOVERY spinoff series will focus on Capt. Christopher Pike (Anson Mount), Spock (Ethan Peck) and Number One (Rebecca Romijn). The new series will be set one decade before Capt. Kirk was the commander of the starship Enterprise.

STAR-TREK-STRANGE-NEW-FOTOR.jpg

MAD MAX---George Miller confirmed he is working on a young Furiosa prequel movie. He is looking for an actress in her twenties after he decided against bring back Charlize Theron for the role using de-aging technology, “For the longest time, I thought we could just use CG de-aging on Charlize, but I don’t think we’re nearly there yet. Despite the valiant attempts on THE IRISHMAN, I think there’s still an uncanny valley. Everyone is on the verge of solving it, particular Japanese video-game designers, but there’s still a pretty wide valley, I believe.”

MAD-MAX-FURIOSA-FOTOR.jpg

STAR WARS---Mark Hamill commented on the division between STAR WARS fans, "I don’t know when, over the period of time, fandom became so contentious. But people are really opinionated, and you can’t help but be opinionated yourself, because you’ve lived with the character so long. So whether it was on Episode VII, VIII or IX, I’d have disagreements, and I would say to whoever it was, “Well, I don’t know if that’s right.” But everyone shares the same goal: you want to make the best movie you can.
I love the new cast. I think the characters are great and all the actors are just perfect. I wish I’d gotten to work with them more, obviously, because I was so isolated. But you know, I never expected to come back at all. It was bittersweet, but I was able to enjoy it from a different perspective than years ago when I was in my twenties. So it was just fun to be a part of it, and it was sad in a way, because I knew it would be the last time I’d ever play Luke."

SCARFACE---Luca Guadadgino (CALL ME BY YOUR NAME) will direct the Universal Pictures reboot movie.

SUPERMAN & LOIS---CW released a synopsis for the tv series starring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch, n SUPERMAN & LOIS, after years of facing megalomaniacal supervillains, monsters wreaking havoc on Metropolis, and alien invaders intent on wiping out the human race, the world’s most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent (Tyler Hoechlin, “Teen Wolf”) and comic books’ most famous journalist, Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch, “Grimm”), come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever – dealing with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society. Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois must also concern themselves with whether or not their sons Jonathan (Jordan Elsass, “Little Fires Everywhere”) and Jordan (Alexander Garfin, “The Peanuts Movie”) could inherit their father’s Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older.
Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang (Emmanuelle Chriqui, “Entourage”), a local loan officer who also happens to be Clark’s first love, and her Fire Chief husband Kyle Cushing (Erik Valdez, “Graceland”). The adults aren’t the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle’s rebellious daughter, Sarah (Inde Navarrette, “Wander Darkly”). Of course, there’s never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois’ father, General Samuel Lane (Dylan Walsh, “Nip/Tuck”) looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment’s notice. Meanwhile, Superman and Lois’ return to idyllic Smallville is set to be upended when a mysterious stranger (Wolé Parks, “All American”) enters their lives.”

ROTTEN TOMATOES---director Wayne Kramer suggested that directors be allowed to file an appeal for a new Rotten Tomatoes score after the movie has been released for ten years. The new score would accompany the original score, not replace it.

WHERE I END---sci fi movie about memories and lives that can be stored in a computer for dead people who can be revived. One revived man investigates whether his wife was involved in his death.

THE TAX COLLECTOR---Bobby Soto and Shia LaBeouf will star in this David Ayer movie about a "tax collector" for a Los Angeles crime syndicate who is threatened by a rival crime syndicate.

PERCY JACKSON---author Rick Riordan announced that a Disney+ tv series based on his novel/movie franchise is underway.

THE GOOD FIGHT---CBS All Access renewed the series for Season 8.

TRIVIA---Kate Winslet commented on the movie's soundtrack, “I feel like throwing up when I hear it. No, actually, I do feel like throwing up. I wish I could say, ‘Oh listen, everybody! It’s the Celine Dion song!’ But I don’t. I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye-roll.”

TITANIC-KATE-WINSLET-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MAY 15

STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS---new CBS All Access STAR TREK: DISCOVERY spinoff series will focus on Capt. Christopher Pike (Anson Mount), Spock (Ethan Peck) and Number One (Rebecca Romijn). The new series will be set one decade before Capt. Kirk was the commander of the starship Enterprise.

STAR-TREK-STRANGE-NEW-FOTOR.jpg

Inside tidbit: Anson Mount graduated from Sewanee, aka The Univeristy of the South, also my college alma mater, a small liberal arts school located in the mtns of Tennessee. He matriculated after me so we are not acquainted. He is not a lot younger than me, but he is definitely younger.

At Sewanee he was a member of Lambda Chi fraternity. (I was a member of ATO) The Lamb Chops were one of the more nerdier frats “on the mountain”. Good GPAs and nice guys, but not known for their super coolness. His father, of the same name also attended Sewanee, and was a well known writer, for Playboy.

We were small enough school that everyone pretty much knows everyone. I’ve heard no scandalous tales of his time there, so he must have been pretty well behaved.

His brother has the same exact name and is #3.I never heard of something like that.I didn't realize he was Cullen on Hell on wheels which I liked very much.
Mark

When I first heard of Anon Mount on a tv show, his name sounded familiar, so I looked him up---I remember his father, Anson Mount II, as PLAYBOY's college football editor, as someone posted earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back