Movie/TV News (4 Viewers)

FRIDAY, JULY 17

HARD KILL--trailer released for the Bruce Willis thriller movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIIxLhkNMk

CHUCKY---trailer released for the USA Network/Syfy horror series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njAilf6TfZg

THE GRAY MAN---Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans will star in this Netflix/Russo brothers movie based on the novel about ex-CIA assassin Court Gentry who has been targeted by a fellow assassin.

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Bryce Dallas Howard posted a photo of her bruises while filming stunts for the sequel.

JURASSIC-WORLD-RUISES.jpg

THE KING'S MAN---poster released for the prequel.

KING-S-MAN.jpg

EXTRACTION---Chris Hemsworth thanked his fans after Netflix announced EXTRACTION is the #1 Netflix movie of all time, "Can’t thank everyone enough for the continued support of Extraction! Still going strong and sitting at number 1 biggest film ever for Netflix. You guys are the greatest!"

BRIARPATCH---USA Network cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---in JERRY MAGUIRE, Jay Mohr played back-stabbing sports agent Bob Sugar. Mohr later became a sportscaster and replaced Jim Rome on Fox Sports Radio. Mohr's girlfriend is Jeanie Buss, president of the Los Angeles Lakers.

JAY-MOHR-JERRY-MAGUIRE-1.jpg

JAY-MOHR-JEANIE-BUSS.jpg

MONDAY, JULY 20

RADIOACTIVE---trailer released for the Amazon biomovie about Marie Curie starring Rosamund Pike.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0oOUTo5zo

STAR TREK---producer Robert Sallin (STAR TREK: THE WRATH OF KHAN) said he is in talks with Paramount Pictures for a new movie that is not related to the upcoming Noah Hawley movie or the shelved Quentin Tarantino movie, “I don’t have it completely written, but I have a lot of it written. I have a concept for another STAR TREK feature that I’ve had discussions with Paramount about – at least on the phone. This one I guarantee you is unlike anything that has been done in STAR TREK, and it will be part of the canon, but they (the studio) don’t want to talk about it until they see what Noah Hawley does.
I’m really intrigued that the studio has brought Noah Hawley into the STAR TREK thing because I have complete respect for his work. I find his work unique, engaging, and fascinating. I think the guy is really a special talent. I’ll be very curious to see what he brings to the franchise.”
He added, “Unless I am completely off base here, it is completely different. Nothing has been done like this and I think it will become part of the canon. That’s all. I hope one day to be able to have the meeting and have them say, ‘Hey, Bob, come on in, let’s talk about that.'”

STAR-TREK-FOTOR.jpg

GODZILLA VS. KONG---artwork and a synopsis for the sequel were released for the Playmates toy figures, "Legends collide as Godzilla and Kong, the two most powerful forces of nature, clash in a spectacular battle for the ages! The monster war rages on the surface and deep within our world as the spectacular secret realm of the titans known as the Hollow Earth is revealed!"

GODZILA-VS-KONG-FOTOR.jpg

FREE GUY---photo released of Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer in the comedy sci fi movie about a bank teller who discovers he is really a character in a video game that is going to be shut down.

FREE-GUY-FOTOR.jpg

ANGEL HEART---Mickey Rourke's Instagram comments restarted his feud with Robert De Niro that began when they starred together in the 1987 movie ANGEL HEART, '"Hey Robert De Niro, that’s right i am talking to you, you big f*cking crybaby. A friend of mine just recently told me that a few months back you’re quoted as saying to newspapers “Mickey Rourke’s a liar he talks all kind of *****”. Listen Mr.Tough Guy in the movies, you’re the 1st person that ever called me a liar and it was in a newspaper. Let me tell you something, you punk ***, when i see you i swear to God on my Grandmother, on my brother and all my dogs,i gonna embarrass you severely 100%. Mickey Rourke “ as God is my witness”'

ANGEL-HEART-FOTOR.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman commented on the status of the Rick Grimes movie, “There’s tons of stuff going on behind the scenes. I don’t want anyone to think that we’re just kind of waiting around for this pandemic to end. I would say that, if anything, the pandemic is going to make a lot of movies better. I think the Rick Grimes movie chief among them, just because we’re getting a lot more time to cook this thing and make sure it’s perfect. But when things do quiet down, you guys are going to hear a ton more about this movie.”

SOLO: A STAR WAR STORY---Alden Ehrenreich commented on Han Solo appearing in a future Lucasfilm project, “I don’t know anything about that. I mean, you know, I think our movie was kind of the last of the conventional-era STAR WARS movie release time. I’ve heard soooome stuff, but nothing concrete.”

THE BOYS---Jack Quaid commented on Season 2, “We have gone so much further. No one is ready. Really. No one. I have done things this season I will never forget, [things] I’ve never done in my career and probably will not in the future. We just go above and beyond in terms of insane, jockeying moments.”

BRUJO---HBO Max miniseries underway about Adolfo Constanzo, the drug-smuggling witch doctor, cult leader and serial killer.

GOOD SERIAL---James Roday Rodriguez (PSYCH) will star in this dark comedy tv series about three roommates who become vigilantes.

KENAN--NBC tv series starring Kenan Thompson and Don Johnson in which Atlanta's recently-widowed #2 morning show host struggles to raise his young daughter and maintain his career.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Former Mr. Universe Steve Reeves became an international star when he played the lead in the Italian sword and sandal movie HERCULES for $10,000. By 1960, Reeves was the biggest box office draw in 25 countries. Reeves turned down the James Bond role in the first James Bond movie, DR. NO, because he was offered only $100,000. Sean Connery accepted the role, and he went on to become a film legend.

Former Mr. Universe Steve Reeves became an international star when he played the lead in the Italian sword and sandal movie HERCULES for $10,000. By 1960, Reeves was the biggest box office draw in 25 countries.

DR-NO-STEVE-REEVES-FOTOR.jpg

Reeves turned down the James Bond role in the first James Bond movie, DR. NO, because he was offered only $100,000. Sean Connery accepted the role, and he went on to become a film legend.

DR-NO-SEAN-CONNERY-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, JULY 21

THE VANISHED---trailer released for the thriller movie starring Thomas Jane.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLAVxKOfHaA

ROGUE---trailer released for the Africa rescue movie starring Megan Fox.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NduVEKsgc

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---casting has begun for the HBO GAME OF THRONES prequel series based on George RR Martin's FIRE & BLOOD. It is set 300 years before the original tv series and focuses on the early days of the House of Targaryen. The lead female roles are Rhaenyra Targaryen and Alicent Hightower.

HOUSE-OF-THE-DRAGONS-FOTOR.jpg

STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH---voice actor Sam Witwer commented on the animated THE CLONE WARS spinoff tv series, "I will tell you it looks really, really good. It looks absolutely beautiful. The story…at least I know where the story begins in the first several episodes and I am very pleased because it’s a little area of STAR WARS that has not been often visited."
Also, John Boyega said he is disappointed how the latest trilogy ended and will not be returning as Finn, “Lol no thank you. I’ve moved on.” Daisey Ridley and Oscar Isaac have also said they are disappointed in the trilogy's end.

STAR-WARS-BAD-BATCH-FOTOR.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Margot Bingham has joined the cast for Season 11. AMC did not announce her role, but Bingham will probably play Stephanie since Bingham provided the voice for Stephanie, who communicated with Eugene over the radio, in Season 10.

WALKING-DEAD-MARGOT-BINGHAM.jpg

LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND---Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts will star in this Netflix movie based on the upcoming novel whose synopsis is,"Amanda and Clay head out to a remote corner of Long Island expecting a vacation: a quiet reprieve from life in New York City, quality time with their teenage son and daughter, and a taste of the good life in the luxurious home they’ve rented for the week. But a late-night knock on the door breaks the spell. Ruth and G. H. are an older couple—it’s their house, and they’ve arrived in a panic. They bring the news that a sudden blackout has swept the city. But in this rural area—with the TV and internet now down, and no cell phone service—it’s hard to know what to believe.
Should Amanda and Clay trust this couple—and vice versa? What happened back in New York? Is the vacation home, isolated from civilization, a truly safe place for their families? And are they safe from one other?"

MacGYVER---Lucas Till commented on showrunner Peter Lenkov (MacGYVER, HAWAII FIVE-O, MAGNUM PI reboots), who was fired by CBS for creating a toxic work environment, “I’ve never worked this hard in my life, and I am fine with hard work. But the way Peter treats people is just unacceptable. I was suicidal that first year on the show, because of the way he made me feel. But the way he’s treated the people around me – that’s just my breaking point.
There was always something about my appearance that wouldn’t please him, like when I was in a hospital gown… [Lenkov] said my legs were ‘f–king hideous’ and we can never show them again. Honestly, I found some humor in that comment as well, but you can imagine if that was a more sensitive spot that he had hit, and often did.
Just like the time he screamed at [a director] ‘Oh, my f–king God! Tuck his shirt in, he looks like a little f–king boy’…I’ve struggled with maintaining ‘man weight’ on the show because of the stress, no time to work out, and an unpredictable schedule for proper nourishment.”

REVELATIONS---CW tv series underway based on Stephen King's short story "The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson".

SUMMER LOVIN'---Brett Haley will direct the Paramount Pictures GREASE prequel movie.

AMERICAN TABLOID---Bret Easton Ellis and Irvine Welsh are in talks to write a satire series described as a, “rambunctious cavalcade of pranksters, con men and rapscallions, in other words, journalists brought together from across the globe to change not only the landscape but the power of the press forever from scandalous rumor to political puppetry.”

TRIVIA---in the classic STAR WARS, the roles of Han Solo and Princess Leia were turned down by two Academy Award-winning actors. Al Pacino turned down the Han Solo role, "It was mine for the taking, but I didn't understand the script." Jodie Foster turned down the Princess Leia role, "I was doing two films back-to-back at the time. It would have been fun. But my career would have been different and I'm happy with the one I've got so I don't really regret it. And honestly, I was 14 or 15 at the time and it was when they were still conceiving those characters as very young. By the time they got to making it, they had a totally different conception of the film."

Al Pacino turned down the Han Solo role, "It was mine for the taking, but I didn't understand the script."

HAN-SOLO-AL-PACINO-FOTOR.jpg

Jodie Foster turned down the Princess Leia role, "I was doing two films back-to-back at the time. It would have been fun. But my career would have been different and I'm happy with the one I've got so I don't really regret it."

HAN-SOLO-JODIE-FOSTER-3-A.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JULY 22

DON'T LOOK DEEPER--trailer released for the Quibi sci fi series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOXSUGLSk1o

THE OLD GUARD 2---Charlize Theron dropped some hints about the sequel, "The character of Quynh is kind of teased in this. She’s Andy’s kind of right-hand person. She was, the two of them, were the first. There’s obviously a relationship there that we didn’t really explore in this film. So, I’m excited if we get the chance to make another one, to explore that because then we’re just adding another female into the mix, which I think will make it really interesting."

WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the murder mystery novel whose synopsis is, "The story follows Kya, a young woman that is abandoned by her family and is left alone to raise herself on a marsh outside a small North Carolina town. After she becomes a respected author, publishing reference books on the local flora and fauna of her marsh, she is accused of murder of her former boyfriend, the town’s golden boy. The story is both a crime thriller and a coming-of-age tale that intertwines two timelines.” Olivia Newman is the director. Reese Withespoon is a co-producer.

TRUTH SEEKERS---photo released from the Amazon Prime comedy-horror tv series about a team of misfit ghost hunters that stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Malcolm McDowell.

TRUTH-SEEKERS.jpg

UTOPIA---photo released from the Amazon Prime/Gillian Flynn remake of the British series about a group of comic book nerds being pursued by assassins.

UTOPIA.jpg

RODHAM---Hulu series underway based on the alternate history novel in which Hillary Rodham does not marry Bil Clinton and how she and the nation are affected.

STAGE 13---Edgar Wright will direct this movie about the ghost of a silent film actress and a young director who team up to find success in Hollywood.

FUTHA MUCKA---synopsis released for the Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds/Quibi animated series, “Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds love each other. More accurately, Ryan loves Sam. When asked for comment on his feelings for Ryan, Sam said ‘tell them I couldn’t be reached for comment’.
When a minor mishap causes Sam to become Ryan’s primary caregiver, s–t gets weird. Ryan is delighted to spend all of his time with Sam. Sam couldn’t be reached for comment.”

RUB & TUG---the movie about transgender mobster Dante "Tex" Gill that Scarlett Johansson left because of transgender community backlash will now be a tv series. The synopsis is, "'Rub & Tug is the untold true story of Dante “Tex” Gill, the infamous transgender gangster who was a major figure in the criminal underworld of ‘70s Pittsburgh. Tex tangled with the local mafia and became a key player in the city’s so-called “Massage Parlor War.” Tex’s inner circle, many of them LGBTQ+ and therefore forced to the fringes of society after experiencing discrimination, found a leader in Tex they could relate to and believe in. Together, Tex and his allies fought to build an illicit business empire and defend their turf from rival criminals, corrupt politicians, and the law."'

TRIVIA---Bruce Willis turned down the chance to play a ghost and co-star with his wife, Demi Moore, in GHOST because he did not think the movie would be successful. GHOST turned out to be the biggest hit of 1990. Willis redeemed himself when he accepted the role of a ghost in THE SIXTH SENSE, which was the second biggest hit of 1999 (behind STAR WARS: EPISODE I--THE PHANTOM MENACE) and received six Academy Award nominations.

GHOST-SWAYZE-FOTOR.jpg

GHOST-SIXTH-SENSE-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JULY 23

LANDO CALRISSIAN---Lucasfilm is reportedly developing a Disney+ tv series with Donald Glover returning as Lando Calrissian. Walt Disney did not confirm the report.

LANDO-CALRISSIAN-FOTOR.jpg

TERMINATOR: GENISYS---co-writer Patrick Lussier commented on shelved plans for sequels to GENISYS, “We wrote like two drafts of the next one, the direct sequel, and had an outline for the third one, what that would be, that answered all the questions that were presented in GENISYS and brought it back around and closed it all off."
He added, “They dealt more with how the future and where Skynet comes from and what that sort of time loop is. You know, the Matt Smith character. It became much more of a focus, so they were probably a little trippier and stood away from ‘T2’ a little more. Started having their own identity. There’s sort of an interesting escaping the fatalistic part of it, how it opened was very cool… who knows? Maybe one day they’ll release it as a comic or something.”

TERMINATOR-GENISYS-FOTOR.jpg

O2---Netflix/Alexandre Aja (CRAWL) movie underway about a woman who wakes up in a cryogenic unit with amnesia. She must regain her memory before her oxygen runs out.

PERRY MASON---HBO renewed the series for Season 2.

PAPER GIRLS---Amazon tv series underway based on the graphic novel set in 1988 where four girls delivering newspapers are caught up in a war between time travelers.

PEACOCK---the NBCUniversal streaming service had a disappointing start with only 1.5 million downloads in its first six days. By comparison, Disney+ had 13 million in its first six days. Quibi also had a disappointing start with 1.2 million in the same time period.

TETRIS---Taron Egerton will star in this biomovie about video game entrepreneur Henk Rogers.

TO THE EXTREME--James Franco will star in this biomovie about rapper Vanilla Ice.

TRIVIA---in INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, contrary to popular belief, the Nazi spy tailing Indiana Jones on the Pan Am Clipper is not Nazi Arnold Ernst Toht (Ronald Lacey), but a different Nazi played by Academy Award-winning visual effects artist Dennis Muren (JURASSIC PARK, TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY).

In INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Nazi spy Arnold Ernst Toht was played by Ronald Lacey.

RAIDERS-LOST-ARK-ARNOLD-ERNST-TOHT-FOTOR.jpg

The Nazi spy tailing Indiana Jones on the Pan Am Clipper was played by Academy Award-winning visual effects artist Dennis Muren.

RAIDERS-LOST-ARK-DENNIS-MUREN-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, JULY 24

THE BOYS---trailer released for Season 2. Amazon renewed the series for Season 3.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZEPgBqAu8

TRUTH SEEKERS---trailer released for the Amazon tv series starring Simon Pegg.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY2iyLnNeCQ

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Colin Trevorrow commented on being fired by Lucasfilm and replaced by JJ Abrams for the movie that became THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, "That was just an experience that obviously you can imagine, as with all of these things, it can get to the point of being traumatic when there's something you care about that much and you've invested that much in it. But that’s one of the things you accept when you take on any role in film and especially when you become a storyteller: There are going to be heartbreaks, there are going to be crushing disappointments, there’s going to be victories, and hopefully they balance out in the end."
Trevorrow also displayed a spaceship model, the TIE Marauder, that he and his son designed for the sequel, "My son and I designed a ship, because we were designing ships. I have two ships – one of them is at the theme park, Disneyland, this is the other one. It only exists in this 3D model – it's called the TIE Marauder, and for Christmas the guys painted it for me. So I only had this in a 3D model, and this is the only one in the world. It's an amazing memory for me of when I got to do something that was an incredible experience from start to finish – I was able to make a STAR WARS ship with my son."

STAR-WARS-TIE-MARAUDER-FOTOR.jpg

OUTER SPACE---Universal Pictures is in talks to acquire the untitled Tom Cruise outer space movie that features the team of Elon Musk and NASA. Doug Liman is the director.

TOM-CRUISE-FOTOR.jpg

THE STAND---director Josh Boone said the CBS All Access miniseries will be faithful to the R-rated content of the Stephen King novel, "[We] thought about like CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and the way those Spielberg movies felt in the ‘70s, and crazy Oliver Stone movies in the ‘90s. Kind of merging those things to tell this epic, dark fantasy. I think it’ll be really cool. The main thing we have going for us that the original didn’t have going for it is that we can really do it at a really high level in terms of the R-rated content and things like that which just weren’t possible then."

SHINING GIRL---Elisabeth Moss will star in the Apple TV+ tv series based on the novel about a time traveling murderer who preys on women.

OUTER BANKS---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

CHUCKY---Brad Dourif is returning as the voice of Chucky in the Syfy/USA Network tv series based on the horror movies.

STAR TREK: PRODIGY---Nickelodeon animated tv series about a group of lawless teenagers who discover a derelict Star Fleet spaceship.

THE LITTLE MERMAID---country singer Kacey Musgraves in reportedly in talks to play Vanessa, the human form of sea witch Ursula in the Walt Disney remake movie.

TRIVIA---SATURN 3 was a 1980 little-seen sci fi movie bomb about a libidinous, psychopath robot stalking a couple on one of Saturn's moons. The unusual cast included Kirk Douglas (SPARTACUS), Farrah Fawcett (CHARLIE'S ANGELS) and Harvety Keitel (MEAN STEEETS). The director was Stanley Donen (SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, CHARADE). Keitel's biographer said SATURN 3 was the "nadir of his career". The movie received three Golden Raspberry Award nominations, and has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 18%.

SATURN-3-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, JULY 27

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Season 3 will premiere on October 15.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxn8imp7yBA

THE RIGHT STUFF---trailer released for the Disney+ eight-part miniseries based on the book.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNnVsc7hyEQ

FOR ALL MANKIND---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48vnfP0Rjo

THE WITCHER: BLOOD ORIGIN---Netflix six-part prequel miniseries underway which is set 1,200 years before the original series and "...will tell the tale of the Elven civilization before its fall, and most importantly reveal the forgotten history of the very first Witcher.”

WITCHER.jpg

INVINCIBLE---six more members of THE WALKING DEAD have joined the voice cast of the Amazon animated tv series based on the Robert Kirkman comic book. Michael Cudlitz will play Red Rush, Lauren Cohan will play War Woman, Ross Marquand will play Immortal and Aquarius, Lennie James will play Darkwing, Sonequa Martin-Green will play Green Ghost and Chad Coleman will play Martian Man.

STAR WARS---Ray Park, who played Darth Maul in two STAR WARS movies, supposedly posted an Instagram video showing him receiving oral sex from his wife. The video was quickly deleted. Some fans speculate Park's Instagram account was hacked and the video is phony, while others say Park posted the video to get even with his wife after he discovered she had cheated on him. Park and his wife have not commented on the video.

STAR-WARS-RAY-PARK.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder said the Snyder Cut will not contain any of Joss Whedon's footage, “I’d destroy the movie before I use a single frame that I didn’t photograph. That is a f***ing hard fact. I’d blow the f***ing thing up.”

Alfred Hitchcock told director Guy Hamilton that his favorite scene in GOLDFINGER is the little old lady gatekeeper (5' tall Varley Thomas) firing a submachine gun at James Bond and his Aston Martin DB5.

GOLDFINGER-VARLEY-THOMAS-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, JULY 28

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS---trailer released for the Netflix animated tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyX-CYSWo_Y

HALLOWEEN KILLS---director David Gordon Green commented on the sequel, “If the first film was somewhat retelling the origin of Myers and getting us up to speed with where Laurie had been all those years, then part two is about the outrage of Haddonfield. Mob Rules was our working title for the film. It’s about a community that is united by outrage and divided in how to deal with evil.”
He added, “When we met [Allyson], she was a very relatable, lovely girl-next-door type of character. Allyson here, just hours later… she is, in some ways leading the charge, and is one of the more bloodthirsty of the group. Whereas Karen (Judy Greer), who has dealt psychologically with her mother more intimately, is trying to resist the temptations… Events in the film bring together a lot of characters who were in the 1978 film who we didn’t see last time. They gather to try, once and for all, to take down Michael, to stop this madman.”

HALLOWEEN-KILLS-FOTOR.jpg

THE FIRST SHOT---HBO/Adam McKay miniseries underway based on the upcoming book about the search for a coronavirus vaccine.

MAFIA---untitled Showtime tv series underway about the first Mafia family in the US. Terence Winter (THE SOPRANOS) is the writer.

MY WIFE & I BOUGHT A RANCH---Netflix movie underway based on the Reddit supernatural short story.

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman commented on his involvement with the Rick Grimes movie, “I am very involved in those. I’m talking to Andrew Lincoln quite frequently, working with David Alpert and Scott Gimple, working with Universal, AMC getting that in shape. It’s very important to us that these movies are spectacular.
I think that to have Andrew Lincoln reprising his role as Rick Grimes is a very special thing and if we were to do these movies in any way that was in any way lackluster I think would be a disservice to him, a disservice to the character of Rick Grimes and a disservice to the fans.
So I’ve been very hands on with shaping that story and making sure that things are on the up and up. We’re all working very hard to bring you the best possible movie. That and the pandemic are why there’s been a bit of a delay in news about that. I’ve now probably already said too much and I’m involved in that movie a bit.”

MERLE HAGGARD---Sam Rockwell will star in the untitled biomovie about the country singer.

P-VALLEY---Starz renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in THE RIGHT STUFF, the Mutt and Jeff team of NASA recruiters was played by Jeff Goldblum and Harry Shearer, both of whom would later appear in giant reptile movies. Goldblum played Dr. Ian Malcolm in JURASSIC PARK, and Shearer played sleazy tv newsman Charles Caiman in the 1998 GODZILLA remake.

In THE RIGHT STUFF, the Mutt and Jeff team of NASA recruiters was played by Jeff Goldblum and Harry Shearer, both of whom would later appear in giant reptile movies.

RIGHT-STUFF-GOLDBLUM-SHEARER-FOTOR.png

Goldblum played Dr. Ian Malcolm in JURASSIC PARK.

RIGHT-STUFF-JURASSIC-PARK-FOTOR-2.jpg

Shearer played sleazy tv newsman Charles Caiman in the 1998 GODZILLA remake.

RIGHT-STUFF-GODZILLA-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JULY 29

BACK TO THE FUTURE---Jon Cryer, who auditioned for the Marty McFly role in the classic time travel movie, gave details about the original script, "But the #BackToTheFuture script that I read before my audition was VERY DIFFERENT than what ended up on screen. It opened with Marty McFly playing the Close Encounters theme on his electric guitar while he pirated a VHS cassette of the movie. And the time machine wasn’t a Delorean that had to travel at 88 miles per hour and have 1.21 gigawatts of power but just... well... a time machine that needed nuclear fission and a secret ingredient that turned out to be Coca-Cola (swear to God)."
He added, "The final sequence didn’t involve a clock tower or a lightning bolt, but instead finds Marty sneaking onto a atom bomb test site with his time machine to be near the nuclear fission that he needs for it to work. In an eerie scene he finds...The test site is complete with exquisitely detailed suburban houses and mannequins to simulate the effects of an atomic explosion on an American town...He gets the time machine in place, the atom bomb is about to go off, he’s reaching for the Coca-Cola, the countdown is at 10, 9, 8... when he slips and drops the bottle!!
It shatters on the ground
He’s all out of Coke!
...He panics (understandably) but then remembers: he’s in the 1950’s and any self respecting American suburban home has a bottle of Coke in...
The refrigerator! He checks and sure enough, there’s one in there. He pours it in the time machine but then realizes...
Oh crap! He has to figure out how to survive an atomic explosion!
Again, he panics.
But then it dawns on him, there’s a lead-lined box nearby, otherwise known as...
A refrigerator.
He climbs in, closes the door behind him, the bomb goes off, the time machine activates, and he’s simultaneously shot #BackToTheFutur
Does this sequence sound familiar to anyone?"

BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-2.jpg

LUNATIC AT LARGE---Terry Gilliam said the movie he was developing that was originally started by Stanley Kubrick has been shelved due to the coronavirus pandemic, “I was doing a film that was originally an idea by Stanley Kubrick,” Gilliam said. “There was a script and I had a cast, but the lockdown has ruined everything.” The plot involved a a group of people, one of whom is an escapee from a mental hospital.

RATCHED---photo from the Netflix prequel to ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST starring Sarah Paulson.

RATCHED.jpg

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY---Brie Larson told ROGUE ONE writer Gary Whitta she auditioned for a role in the movie, but did not get it, “Oh yeah! You wrote ROGUE ONE right? I auditioned for that, I didn’t get it.”

INVASION---Riz Ahmed and Octavia Spencer will star in this Amazon Studios sci fi movie about a Marine and his two sons who flee an inhuman terror.

KLARA AND THE SUN---sci fi movie underway based on the upcoming novel about an Artificial Friend who evaluates customers in a store and hopes one of them will buy her.

LA FORTUNA---Stanley Tucci will star in this AMC six-part miniseries based on the Spanish graphic novel THE TREASURE OF THE BLACK SWAN in which a team of treasure hunters seek to recovery sunken treasure stolen by an adventurer.

MASTER OF CEREMONIES---Sony Pictures Television bought the rights to the David Henry Sterry memoir about his job as the MC of the Chippendales male strip club in Manhattan during the decadent 1980s.

TRIVIA---in the original TRUE GRIT, Elvis Presley was set to play Texas Ranger La Boeuf, but when his manager, "Colonel" Tom Parker, demanded that Elvis get top billing over John Wayne, the deal went awry. The producers then chose another hit singer, Glen Campbell, to play La Boeuf.

TRUE-GRIT-ELVIS-FOTOR.jpg

TRUE-GRIT-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JULY 30

KAJILLIONAIRE---trailer released for the comedy movie about a family of con artists starring Evan Rachel Wood.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiMPCevu8Wk

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Lucasfilm is reportedly casting for a "precocious" boy and girl, 8-11 years old, for the Disney+ miniseries which led to speculation the roles are for a young Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. The miniseries is set eight years after the prequel trilogy.

OBI-WAN-KENOBI-FOTOR.jpg

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Ron Howard commented on rumors of a sequel to SOLO, “Well, there’s no sequel planned now. And it’s amazing to be a part of a STAR WARS movie that seems to be a kind of underground hit, which is not what you’d expect. But that’s been an odd, strange journey for that movie.”

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER---Karl Urban commented on his cameo as a Stormtrooper, whose dialogue was, "Knights of Ren.", “Here’s the process. I had the good fortune to go and visit J.J. Abrams while he was shooting THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. While I was there, he put me in a Stormtrooper uniform and we had a really fun day on set.”

DREDD---Rebellion video game developer Jason Kingsley commented on a sequel to DREDD and the MEGA-CITY ONE tv series, “I want there to be a [DREDD} sequel. We’ve got the rights back so we can do it, we’ve just got to get rid of this virus thing that’s going on at the moment, and then hopefully things can kick off in all sorts of different areas of making film and TV, it’s just, it’s all very messed up at the moment for everybody.
A lot of work has been done on all sorts of different scripts actually. So MEGA-CITY ONE the tv show. Basically, we can’t go into production because of the [situation] and we’ve got scripts and everything is ready to go but the problem is, because of the [situation] and everybody’s funding changes and everybody’s shifting around.”

THE GREEN HORNET---Kevin Smith is developing an animated tv series about the adult son of the Green Hornet and the adult daughter of Kato who team up to fight crime.

ISLAND---movie underway based on the Aldous Huxley novel. Leonardo DiCaprio is a producer.

FULL SERVICE---biomovie underway based on the Scotty Bowers memoir in which the World War II Marine became a sex procurer for Hollywood's top closeted stars. Luca Guadagnino is the director.

TRIVIA---character actor Douglas Spencer is perhaps best known for playing newspaper reporter Ned Scott, who was part of a team of US Air Force crewmen and scientists who killed a blood-sucking alien invader in the original THE THING. However, Spencer played an alien in THIS ISLAND EARTH and a part of a two-headed Martian in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "Mr. Dingle, The Strong".

Douglas Spencer is perhaps best known for playing newspaper reporter Ned Scott, who was part of a team of US Air Force crewmen and scientists who killed a blood-sucking alien invader in the original THE THING.

DOUGLAS-SPENCER-THE-THING-FOTOR.png

Spencer played an alien in THIS ISLAND EARTH.

DOUGLAS-SPENCER-THIS-ISLAND-EARTH-FOTOR.jpg

Spencer played part of a two-headed Martian in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "Mr. Dingle, The Strong".

DOUGLAS-SPENCER-TWILIGHT-ZONE-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, JULY 31

HONEST THIEF---trailer released for the action movie starring Liam Neeson.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrAMInsmY1E

FARGO---trailer released for Season 4.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-ZLYFMqJo

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---the Amazon Prime prequel series reportedly will include Sauron, Galadriel and Elrond.

LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-FOTOR.jpg

TOM CRUISE IN SPACE---frequent Tom Cruise collaborator Christopher McQuarrie will be a producer/story advisor on the untitled Tom Cruise outer space movie that also includes NASA and Elon Musk.

REBECCA---photo released of the Netflix remake of the 1940 Alfred Hitchcock movie that starred Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine. The remake stars Armie Hammer and Lily James.

REBECCA.jpg

NIGHT *****---Amy Adams will star in this movie based on the upcoming novel about an artist who gives birth and then worries she is turning into a dog. The novel synopsis states, “Her husband, who travels for work five days a week, easily dismisses her fears from hotel rooms. Meanwhile, the mother is forced to contend with the very real physical manifestations of her solitary anxiety, with only her two-year-old son for company. As her symptoms intensify, she struggles to keep her alter-canine-identity secret. Finally jolted to action after an impulsive and disastrous encounter with the family cat, she seeks a cure for her condition in an herbal multi-level marketing scheme, a group of mommies all inexplicably named Jen, and Wanda White, a mysterious academic specializing in “mythical ethnography.”'

THE LAST MERCENARY---Jean-Claude Van Damme will star in this Netflix action comedy movie about an ex-French secret service agent who returns to France to help his son who has been falsely accused of being a drug smuggler by the government.

SPLINTER CELL---Netflix/Derek Kolstad animated tv series underway based on the video game.

TOP TV SHOWS---results for British-based Digital Spy's poll of almost 3,000 voters for the top tv shows of the 21st century.

1. GAME OF THRONES
2. STRANGER THINGS
3. DOCTOR WHO
4. SHERLOCK
5. BREAKING BAD
6. THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF
7. KILLING EVE
8. GAVIN & STACEY
9. LINE OF DUTY
10. CHERNOBYL

VICE---Showtime renewed the series for Season 2.

LADY MACBETH---Amazon Studios untitled movie musical underway based on Lady Macbeth. Channing Tatum is a co-producer.

TRIVIA---before Kathleen Quinlan received an Academy Award nomination for the critically-praised APOLLO 13, Quinlan appeared in another disaster movie, the critically-drubbed AIRPORT '77, the third movie in the AIRPORT franchise.

KATHLEEN-QUINLAN-APOLLO-13-FOTOR.jpg

KATHLEEN-QUINLAN-AIRPORT-77-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, AUGUST 3

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Sam Neill commented on DOMINION.

JURASSIC-WORLD-SAM-NEILL-FOTOR.jpg

WONDER WOMAN---director Patty Jenkins commented on a third Wonder Woman movie, “[WONDER WOMAN 1984] gave me a chance to do a lot of things that I couldn’t accommodate in the first movie. I was so happy to tell the Wonder Woman origin story. It was almost her birth, but we really haven’t seen what she is capable of. It is exciting for me to show her at the peak of her strength. But it is also very important that she fights an internal struggle: she is a Goddess and tries to help humanity. She is not only someone who fights evil, she tries to show bad people how to improve. It’s an interesting dilemma.”
She added, “The next one is probably my last Wonder Woman movie, so I have to put everything I want to show there. We have to think carefully.”

THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME---photo released from the Netflix movie based on the novel which stars Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, Bill Skarsgard and Sebastian Stan.

DEVIL-ALL-THE-TIME.jpg

BEYOND GOOD & EVIL---Netflix/Ubisoft live-action/CGI movie underway based on the video game. Rob Letterman (DETECTIVE PIKACHU) is the director.

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS---Michelle Yeoh has reportedly joined the cast of the Marvel superhero movie.

HERE COMES THE FLOOD---Jason Bateman is in talks to direct the Netflix heist movie written by Simon Kinberg.

THE KING'S MAN---Matthew Vaughn said the movie will set up KINGSMAN 3, "We’ve put seeds for what’s going to happen in KINGSMAN 3 all the way back into this. And it’s going to be very different."

SCREAM 5---Courtney Cox is confirmed to be returning for the sequel.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST---composer Alan Menken said the title for the Disney+ musical series featuring Gaston and Le Fou is LITTLE TOWN.

CATS---Andrew Lloyd Webber commented on the movie based on his Broadway musical, “The problem with the film was that Tom Hooper decided that he didn’t want anybody involved in it who was involved in the original show. The whole thing was ridiculous.”

One of the most famous Bond Cars was the Lotus Esprit submarine car that appeared in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. Before the Esprit was publicly released, Lotus public relations manager Donovan McLauchlan decided the best way to avoid the process of lobbying and paying big product placement fees to get a product in a Bond movie was to make the Bond producers pursue Lotus. He parked the Esprit prototype, stripped of all identifying marks, in front of Pinewood Studios where the Bond movies were filmed. The exotic Esprit drew a crowd, including Bond producer Cubby Broccoli, who then tracked the case down to Lotus and asked for cooperation in getting the Esprit in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.
After the movie's premiere, Esprit sales soared which led to a three-year waiting list. However, according to Roger Moore, Lotus did not show a lot of gratitude for the movie's role in the Esprit's sales success, "They wanted to charge me full price if I wanted to buy one."
In 2013, Elon Musk bought the only Esprit used in the movie's underwater scenes, for almost $1 million.

According to Roger Moore, Lotus did not show a lot of gratitude for the movie's role in the Esprit's sales success, "They wanted to charge me full price if I wanted to buy one."

SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-LOTUS-1-FOTOR.jpg

In 2013, Elon Musk bought the only Esprit used in the movie's underwater scenes, for almost $1 million.

SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-LOTUS-2-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, AUGUST 4

THE BOYS---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN8fFM1ZdWo

BULLET TRAIN---Joey King (THE KISSING BOOTH) is in negotiations to co-star with Brad Pitt in this movie about rival assassins on a bullet train.

BULLET-TRAIN-JOEY-KING.jpg

THE ORVILLE---producer Tom Constantino commented on rumors that Hulu has cancelled the series, "I think there's some fake news going around."

STARGATE SG-1---Amanda Topping commented on a rumored revival of the sci fi series, "I know that there’s interest from MGM, for sure, to try to revitalize the franchise in some way. And I know, having talked to Brad [Wright], that they’ve approached him about it. It’s not black and white, for sure. I think it would be great to revisit it, even if it was a series of movies, like Movie of the Week-type movies, or a limited-run miniseries. I don’t think that’s out of the question.” I think it’s more possible now than it was, say five years ago."

STARGATE-SG-1.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES---Seth Rogen commented on the animated reboot movie, “As a lifelong fan of Ninja Turtles, weirdly the ‘Teenage’ part of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was always the part that stuck out to me the most. And as someone who loves teenage movies, and who’s made a lot of teenage movies, and who literally got their start in their entire profession by writing a teenage movie, the idea of kind of honing in on that element was really exciting to us. I mean, not disregarding the rest, but really using that as kind of a jumping off point for the film.”

HUNTERS---Amazon renewed the series for Season 2.

24---Kiefer Sutherland said he is open to returning to the series, "I’ve always left the door slightly ajar for 24 if someone comes up with a great idea."

MOESHA---Brandy commented on a possible reboot of the UPN tv series, "I’m completely open to it. I would love to experience that. I just want for everyone to know that I’m open to it and I’m in discussions with the right people to make it happen."

TRIVIA---Academy Award-winning special effects pioneer Willis O'Brien is best known for his stop-motion special effects in the classic KING KONG. O'Brien's last project was the stop-motion scene with the fire escape and fire truck ladder in IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD.

IT-S-A-MAD-MAD-MAD-MAD-WORLD-KING-KONG-FOTOR.jpg

IT-S-A-MAD-MAD-MAD-MAD-WORLD-2-FOTOR.jpg

IT-S-A-MAD-MAD-MAD-MAD-WORLD-1-FOTOR.jpg

IT-S-A-MAD-MAD-MAD-MAD-WORLD-PUPPETS-FOTOR.jpg

Would love to see more Stargate SG-1.One of my all time favorites.
Mark

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5

RATCHED---trailer released for the Netflix prequel series to ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU9ZtlkSnnE

AVATAR---concept art released from the sequels.

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Sam Neill posted a photo showing the return of the hat he wore in JURASSIC PARK. Also, Laura Dern posted a photo about her reunion with Neill for DOMINION.

JURASSIC-WORLD-DOMINION-1-FOTOR.jpg

JURASSIC-WORLD-DOMINION-2-FOTOR.jpg

MIMIC---tv series underway based on the 1997 Guillermo del Toro monster movie. Paul WS Anderson is the producer. Jim Danger Gray (HANNIBAL) is the writer.

MIMIC-FOTOR.jpg

KINGS OF AMERICA---Amy Adams will star in this Netflix miniseries about a Walmart heiress, an executive and a Walmart saleswoman and preacher who are part of the largest class action lawsuit in US history.

DISTANT---Naomi Scott (ALADDIN) and Anthony Ramos (HAMILTON) will star in this sci fi movie about an asteroid miner who escapes a disaster in space and crashes on a planet where he embarks on a journey to rescue the only other survivor, a woman trapped in her escape pod.

WHO'S THE BOSS?---Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano are returning for the Sony Pictures Television sequel series to the sitcom that ran from 1984-1992. Judith Light and Danny Pintauro might also return.

THERE BE MONSTERS---John Boyega and Darren Criss will star in this iHeartRadio podcast sci fi series about a man who infiltrates a Silicon Valley biotech firm whose products have horrific side effects.

SORCERERS---AMC tv series underway based on the novella about a Harlem man who becomes a hip hop sorcerer.

CYRANO---Peter Dinklage and Haley Bennett will return for the MGM movie musical based on the play.

TRIVIA---in the famous scene in CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, the cargo ship SS Cotopaxi, which mysteriously vanished in the Bermuda Triangle in 1925, is discovered in China's Gobi Desert where aliens left it to be found. In reality, the Cotopaxi was on a voyage from Charleston to Havana in 1925 when it sent out a distress call during a tropical storm. It was never heard from again. In January, 2020, the Cotopaxi's wreck was officially confirmed as being 35 miles off the coast of St. Augustine, Florida.

In the famous scene in CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, the cargo ship SS Cotopaxi, which mysteriously vanished in the Bermuda Triangle in 1925, is discovered in China's Gobi Desert where aliens left it to be found.

CLOSE-ENCOUNTERS-THIRD-KIND-1-FOTOR.jpg

In January, 2020, the Cotopaxi's wreck was officially confirmed as being 35 miles off the coast of St. Augustine, Florida.

CLOSE-ENCOUNTERS-THIRD-KIND-WRECK-1-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, AUGUST 6

RAISED BY WOLVES---trailer released for the Ridley Scott/HBO Max sci fi tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAg6RTQEfeM

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2---Nia DaCosta (CANDYMAN remake) will direct the sequel. Megan McDonnell (WANDAVISION) is the writer.

CAPTAIN-MARVEL-FOTOR.jpg

PINOCCHIO---Tom Hanks is in talks to play Geppetto in the Robert Zemeckis live-action remake of the 1940 Walt Disney animated movie.

PINOCCHIO-FOTOR.jpg

THE MAN FROM NOWHERE---the JOHN WICK team of Derek Kolstad and Chad Stahelski will reunite for this US remake of the South Korean movie about a pawnshop owner who goes on a violent rampage to free a child kidnapped by drug dealers.

EVERYDAY PARENTING TIPS---Ryan Reynolds will star in this Universal Pictures comedy monster movie based on the short story about how to raise children during a monster invasion.

STING---untitled Apple TV+/Robert Downey Jr. tv series about a Canadian detective who sets up a sting to solve a cold case that begins to spiral out of control.

BOSS OF THE BEACH---Darren Aronofsky obtained the tv rights to the magazine article about Peter Stein, head of New York's lifeguard corps for over 40 years which was rife with corruption and drugs.

HIGH FIDELITY---Hulu cancelled the series.

SIREN---Freeform cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---the hit tv movie BRIAN'S SONG was about the friendship between Chicago Bears football players Brian Piccolo (James Caan) and Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams). At the movie's end, when Brian is in the hospital dying of cancer, his wife Joy (Shelley Fabares) says, “I love you, Brian—I love you . . .” and Brian replies, “Who’d believe it, Joy—who’d ever believe it. . .”
In reality, Brian was wracked with excruciating pain and pain-killing drugs, and he shouted his last words to Joy, "Can you believe it, Joy? Can you believe this *****!"

The hit tv movie BRIAN'S SONG was about the friendship between Chicago Bears football players Brian Piccolo (James Caan) and Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams).

BRIAN-S-SONG-1-FOTOR.jpg

At the movie's end, when Brian is in the hospital dying of cancer, his wife Joy (Shelley Fabares) says, “I love you, Brian—I love you . . .” and Brian replies, “Who’d believe it, Joy—who’d ever believe it. . .” In reality, Brian was wracked with excruciating pain and pain-killing drugs, and he shouted his last words to Joy, "Can you believe it, Joy? Can you believe this *****!"

BRIAN-S-SONG-3-FOTOR-1.jpg

BRIAN-S-SONG-2-FOTOR-1.jpg

FRIDAY, AUGUST 7

THE BOYS---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8I1-CmRF8

YOUR HONOR---trailer released for the Showtime miniseries starring Bryan Cranston.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovgjEO7MuAw

KNIGHT RIDER---James Wan is developing a movie based on the NBC tv series that starred David Hasselhoff.

KNIGHT-RIDER-1.jpg

DIRTY DANCING--Jennifer Grey is returning for the Lionsgate sequel to the 1987 hit movie that also starred Patrick Swayze.

A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN---Amazon Studios tv series reboot of the 1992 movie that starred Geena Davis and Tom Hanks. The reboot will explore feminism, sexuality and racism in women's professional baseball. The reboot stars Abbi Jacobson and D'Arcy Carden.

A-LEAGUE-OF-THEIR-OWN-FOTOR.jpg

JOHN WICK---Lionsgate announced that JOHN WICK 4 and 5 will be filmed back-to-back.

STAY TUNED---AMC tv series underway based on the 1992 comedy movie that starred John Ritter and Pam Dawber as a married couple who are transported inside their tv into an alternate universe created by the Devil.

SIEGE OF BETHLEHEM---Antoine Fuqua will direct this movie based on the book about three people of different faiths who prevent a full-scale battle between Israeli troops and Palestinian militants who took refuge in a Bethlehem church.

DRACULA---Claes Bang commented on a possible Season 2. "That’s absolutely something that I think is being discussed, but I don’t think there’s any news, at all. I haven’t heard anything. I would be super happy to do one more [season]...I have actually tried to find out if something was happening, but I don’t think they have started the discussions yet. I think what’s going on is that Netflix and the BBC are evaluating how it’s done, and all of that. So, unfortunately, I can’t tell you anything because I don’t know, at this point. I would actually love to know, and I would love to do one more, but there’s no news in that department yet."

CLOSE ENOUGH---HBO Max renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---Bob Clark is best known for directing diverse movies including SILENT NIGHT, EVIL NIGHT (BLACK CHRISTMAS); MURDER BY DECREE; PORKY'S and A CHRISTMAS STORY. Somewhat surprisingly, Clark played quarterback at conservative Hillsdale College in Michigan. Clark and hos youngest son were killed in 2007 when their car was struck by an SUV driven by a drunk driver.

Bob Clark's slasher movie SILENT NIGHT, EVIL NIGHT (BLACK CHRISTMAS) starred Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, John Saxon and Margot Kidder.

BOB-CLARK-BLACK-CHRISTMAS-FOTOR.jpg

MURDER BY DECREE had Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) and Dr. Watson (James Mason) in pursuit of Jack the Ripper.

BOB-CLARK-MURDER-BY-DECREE-FOTOR.jpg

Clark's hit teen sex comedy PORKY'S starred Dan Monahan and Kim Cattrall.

BOB-CLARK-PORKY-S-FOTOR.jpg

Clark's Christmas classic A CHRISTMAS STORY starred Darren McGavin, Melinda Dillon and Peter Billingsley.

BOB-CLARK-A-CHRISTMAS-STORY-FOTOR.jpg

Clark played quarterback at conservative Hillsdale College in Michigan.

BOB-CLARK-HILLSDALE-FOTOR.png

MONDAY, AUGUST 10

AWAY---trailer released for the Netflix miniseries about the first manned mission to Mars starring Hillary Swank.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_REapPwio

THE BIG GOODBYE---Ben Affleck is the writer/director of the Paramount Pictures movie based on the novel about the making of Roman Polanski's classic CHINATOWN.

BIG-GOODBYE-FOTOR.jpg

TRON: LEGACY---Australian Garth Davis (LION) has been picked by Walt Disney Pictures to direct the sequel, although Walt Disney has not officially greenlit the sequel that will star Jared Leto.

TRON-LEGACY.png

STAR TREK---new Paramount Pictures movie head Emma Watts has placed all three proposed STAR TREK movies on hold. The first movie, based on Quentin Tarantino's idea, is “based on an episode of the classic ‘Star Trek’ series that takes place largely earthbound in a 1930s gangster setting”. This apparently refers to the "A Piece of the Action" episode where the Enterprise crew visits a planet where the residents are 1920s Chicago-type mobsters. The second movie stalled after Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth walked away from contract negotiations. The third movie, from Noah Hawley, reportedly focuses on a virus that destroys most of the known universe.

STAR-TREK-8-FOTOR-2.jpg

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Colin Trevorrow posted a photo hinting DOMINION will feature a return to Isla Sorna.

JURASSIC-WORLD-DOMINION-FOTOR-2.jpg

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder released a photo of the original Steppenwolf from the movie.

JUSTICE-LEAGUE-STEPPENWOLF-1.jpg

CSI: VEGAS---William Petersen and Jorga Fox are in negotiations to star in this CBS miniseries sequel to CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION. The miniseries will have four new characters, three will be minorities, although it has not been officially greenlit.

CHUPACABRA---Jonas Cuaron (DESERT) will direct this untitled Netflix movie about the mythical monster and a boy who discovers a young chupacabra in Mexico. They embark on a journey to save its life.

ANDY WARHOL---Jared Leto confirmed he will star in an untitled biomovie about Andy Warhol, “Yes it’s true I will be playing Andy Warhol in an upcoming film. And so grateful and excited about the opportunity. We miss you and your genius”.

THE NEW WILDERNESS---Warner Bros. Television series underway based on the novel about a woman who tries to save her young daughter after a climatic catastrophe.

German actress Karin Dor's character was killed in two spy movies. In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Dor played SPECTRE No.11 Helga Brandt, who is fed to Ernst Stavro Blofeld's carnivorous piranhas when she failed to kill James Bond.
In Alfred Hitchcock's TOPAZ, Dor played Juanita de Cordoba, the widow of a Cuban revolution leader, who is killed by a Cuban leader after he discovers she is really a member of the underground resistance.

In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Dor played SPECTRE No.11 Helga Brandt, who is fed to Ernst Stavro Blofeld's carnivorous piranhas when she failed to kill James Bond.

KARIN-DIOR-YOU-ONLY-LIVE-TWICE-1-FOTOR.jpg

KARIN-DIOR-YOU-ONLY-LIVE-TWICE-2-FOTOR.jpg

In Alfred Hitchcock's TOPAZ, Dor played Juanita de Cordoba, the widow of a Cuban revolution leader, who is killed by a Cuban leader after he discovers she is really a member of the underground resistance.

KARIN-DIOR-TOPAZ-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back