Movie/TV News (3 Viewers)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20

THE MANDALORIAN---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICuqzhViWAI

THE BATMAN---photo released of Colin Farrell as The Penguin during a high-speed motorcycle chase scene.

BATMAN-COLIN-FARRELL-FOTOR.jpg

AVATAR 2---photo released of Edie Falco as Gen. Ardmore.

WASH ME IN THE RIVER---Robert De Niro, John Malkovich and Taylor Kitsch will star in this movie about a recovering drug addict who seeks revenge on the drug dealers responsible for his fiancee's death as he is pursued by two cops.

HUSTLE---Robert Duvall, Ben Foster and Queen Latifah will co-star with Adam Sandler in this Netflix movie about a down-on-his-luck NBA scout who discovers a super-talented basketball player in another country and brings him to the US to resurrect his career.

EVENT HORIZON---director Paul WS Anderson commented on the upcoming Amazon tv series based on his 1997 movie and a possible movie sequel, "That's not something I'm involved in. I didn't really have any interest in returning to the world of EVENT HORIZON. I'm immensely proud of the movie we made. And especially because when the movie was released, I felt it didn't get a fair shake. I don't think it was really perceived critically or commercially as well as I thought it could have been. And then slowly over time, it's really built a very avid following and I'm immensely proud of that. And, for that reason, I didn't want to go back to the same world and ruin it for anybody. I want to leave it alone because I'm really proud of what we did. And I want to just let that stand, because I think it's become a stronger piece of work over time. In many ways ... it's funny, the things that maybe handicapped us when we first released the movie, the fact that it doesn't tie up all the loose ends, there are ambiguities in the story, but it's something you can discuss and talk about. Those were weaknesses at the time, but I think they have been strengths over time and I didn't want to go back and answer all the questions presented by the movie, you know?"

EVENT-HORIZON-FOTOR.jpg

THE CROWN---Dominic West is in talks to play Prince Charles in Seasons 5 and 6.

AWAY---Netflix cancelled the Hillary Swank series.

THE THRILL IS ON---Wendell Pierce (JACK RYAN) will star in the BB King biomovie.

TRIVIA---villain actor Reggie Nalder appeared in two famous movies in which he sat in the audience of a stage involving an assassination conspiracy: THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH and the original THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

Reggie Nalder played an assassin in the balcony of London's Royal Albert Hall in THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (Jimmy Stewart, Doris Day).

REGGIE-NALDER-MAN-WHO-KNEW-TOO-MUCH-FOTOR-3.jpg

REGGIE-NALDER-MAN-WHO-KNEW-TOO-MUCH-2-FOTOR.jpg

Nalder played Soviet official Gomel in the audience during the assassination brainwashing demonstration in the original THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (Frank Sinatra, Angela Lansbury).

REGGIE-NALDER-MANCHURIAN-CANDIDATE-FOTOR-1.jpg

REGGIE-NALDER-MANCHURIAN-CANDIDATE-FOTOR-2.jpg

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21

MANK---new trailer released for the Herman J. Mankiewicz biomovie staring Gary Oldman.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfX-nrg-lI

RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON---trailer released for the Walt Disney animated movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BPMTr-NS9s

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT---trailer released for the HBO Max eight-part miniseries starring Kaley Cuoco.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_WC5oOCe8

ANIMANIACS--trailer released foe the Hulu animated series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCDu4nmt8M

WILLOW---Warwick Davis is returning for the untitled Lucasfilm/Disney+ tv series sequel to the 1988 Ron Howard movie. John M. Chu (CRAZY RICH ASIANS) will direct the pilot. Jonathan Kasdan (SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY) is the writer.

WILLOW-FOTOR.jpg

BACK TO THE FUTURE 4---co-writer Bob Gale commented on a fourth movie, "We told a complete story with the trilogy. If we went back and made another one, we’d have Michael J. Fox, who will be sixty next year, and he has Parkinson’s Disease. Do we want to see Marty McFly at age sixty with Parkinson’s Disease? Did we want to see him at age fifty with Parkinson’s Disease? I would say ‘No, you don’t want to see that.’ And you don’t want to see BACK TO THE FUTURE without Michael J. Fox. People say, ‘Well, do it with somebody else.’ Really? Who are you going to get? All you’re gonna do is beg comparisons to the originals, and you’re not going to match up. And we’ve seen this repeatedly with sequels that go back to the well after many, many years, and they go ‘Ah, well, THE PHANTOM MENACE, maybe my life would have been better if I hadn’t seen it.’ There are a lot of extra sequels like that. We didn’t want to be those guys who did a movie that was basically a moneygrab. Universal says to us, ‘You’d guys would make a whole lot of money,’ but we’re like, ‘Well, we’ve already made a whole lot of money with these movies, and we like them just the way they are. And as proud parents, we’re not going to sell our kids into prostitution.’"
He added, "We have an understanding with Spielberg and Amblin that there would never be another BACK TO THE FUTURE movie without our blessing or being involved. So, it's not going to happen."

BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-FOTOR.jpg

DAY SHIFT---Jamie Foxx will star in this Netflix movie about a man who works as pool cleaner to support his young daughter and his real occupation as a vampire hunter.

THE SON---Jake Gyllenhaal will star in this Denis Villeneuve/HBO movie based on the Jo Nesbo novel.

FAST & FURIOUS---the franchise will end with two more movies underway and Justin Lin returning as the director.

THE WOMAN IN THE HOUSE---Kristen Bell will star in this Netflix eight-part miniseries whose synopsis says, "Bell plays the heartbroken Anna, a woman who sits with her wine, staring out the window and watching life go by without her. When a handsome neighbor moves in across the street, she starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder… Or did she?"

TRIVIA---character actor James Best, best known for THE DUKES OF HAZZARD and THE KILLER SHREWS, has an uncredited appearance in FORBIDDEN PLANET as a crewman on the C-57D spaceship.

James Best (right) has an uncredited role as a crewman on the C-57D spaceship in FORBIDDEN PLANET.

JAMES-BEST-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a smart TV, tubi has has good documentaries. Tiger tanks and all. For free. Passes the time.
Happy upcoming Holidays,
Paddy

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22

NEWS OF THE WORLD---new trailer released for the Tom Hanks Western movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZDb_iKooI

THE CHRISTMAS CHRONICLES 2---trailer released for the Netflix Christmas sequel starring Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVzBwSOcBaI

THE VERY EXCELLENT MR. DUNDEE---trailer released for the CROCODILE DUNDEE sequel starring Paul Hogan, John Cleese and Olivia Newton-John.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x61_6wfcrS4

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE SNYDER CUT---Jared Leto will play The Joker in new scenes being shot for the HBO Max four-part miniseries. Amber Heard and Ben Affleck are returning for the new scenes.

JUSTICE-LEAGUE.jpg

UNCHARTED---photo released of Tom Holland starring as Nathan Drake in the movie based on the PlayStation video game.

UNCHARTED-1.jpg

THE FLASH---Michael Keaton commented on reports he is returning as Batman in the Andy Muschietti movie, "I can’t confirm anything. We’re having discussions, as they say. We’re talking about it and we’ll see if it happens.”

MERCY SPARX---MGM movie underway based on the supernatural comic book. The synopsis says, “Meet Mercy Sparx – a devil girl living on Earth in both human and devil form. Did we mention she’s working undercover for Heaven? She hunts down angels that have gone rogue whenever she’s called in to work. But, in the meantime, Mercy’s just drinking whiskey and chain-smoking until she’s assigned to take down an angel that has fallen.”

QUIBI---the mobile streaming platform started by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman will be shutting down after opening only six months ago. Its shows include 50 STATES OF FRIGHT, MOST DANGEROUS GAME, DIE HART and DUMMY.

SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT---David Gordon Green, Danny McBride and Seth MacFarlane are developing a tv series based on the Burt Reynolds movie franchise. No network is currently involved.

SMOKEY-AND-BANDIT-FOTOR.jpg

FLASHDANCE---Paramount+, currently known as CBS All Access, is developing a tv series reboot of the 1983 movie that starred Jennifer Beals.

ARCHER---FXX renewed the series for Season 12.

TRIVIA---a BingoSites.net study found that Eva Green and Ewan McGregor had the most nude scene time in movies. The web site said, "General nudity consists of a male or female actor showing their ‘buttocks’, ‘breasts’, or ‘genitals’. Seconds are equivalent to the length of the scene in which actors appear nude for some or all of that scene."

NUDE-EVA-GREEN-EWAN-Mc-GREGOR-FOTOR.jpg

FEMALE:

1. Eva Green---1,730 seconds (about 29 minutes)
2. Helen Mirren---1,496 seconds
3. Angelina Jolie---1,459 seconds
4. Juno Temple---1,391 seconds
5. Nicole Kidman---1,284 seconds
6. Penelope Cruz---1,171 seconds
7. Charlize Theron---1,004 seconds
8. Rosanna Arquette---975 seconds
9. Helen Hunt---886 seconds
10.Alicia Vikander---866 seconds

MALE:

1. Ewan McGregor---1,103 seconds. (About 18 minutes.)
2. Antonio Banderas---1055 seconds
3. Mark Ruffalo---811 seconds
4. Sylvester Stallone---735 seconds.
5. Colin Farrell---728 seconds.
6. Matthew McConaughey---725 seconds.
7. Zac Efron---723 seconds.
8. Christian Bale---703 seconds.
9. Leonardo DiCaprio---663 seconds.
10.Daniel Craig---643 seconds.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23

THE LAST VERMEER---trailer released for the post-World War II movie starring Guy Pearce and Claes Bang.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0FU8z_1Arc

DREAMLAND---trailer released for the movie starring Margot Robbie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agn4t4SOB_0

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA---Simon Kinberg (X-MEN) is the writer/producer of the Universal Pictures reboot movie based on the sci fi tv franchise. The movie will not be connected directly to any of the tv series.

BATTLESTAR-GALACTICA-FOTOR.jpg

BRIDE---Scarlett Johansson will star in this Apple TV+ movie reboot of the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN in which she is "...a woman that was created to be an ideal wife by a brilliant entrepreneur. When she rejects her creator, she’s forced to flee her confined existence, confronting a world that sees her as a monster. While on the run, she finds her true identity, her surprising power and the strength to remake herself as her own creation."

BRIDE-FOTOR.jpg

THE ADDAMS FAMILY---Tim Burton is in negotiations to be the director/producer of this live-action tv reboot of the ABC tv series based on the Charles Addams cartoon family. The reboot series will be seen from the perspective of Wednesday Addams.

ADDAMS-FAMILY-FOTOR.jpg

SHAZAM!: FURY OF THE GODS---the sequel will reportedly have three sisters who will be the villains.

BULLET TRAIN---Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play an assassin in this Brad Pitt movie about five assassins on a speeding bullet train.

NEW-GEN---Lena Headey and Luke Wilson have joined Finn and Nick Wolfhard in the voice cast for the animated tv series based on the Marvel comic book.

MIRACLE WORKERS---TBS renewed the series for Season 3

TRIVIA---Steven Spielberg's BRIDGE OF SPIES is about attorney James B. Donovan (Tom Hanks), who must negotiate a trade involving KGB spy Rudolf Abel for Francis Gary Powers, whose U-2 spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union. Donovan's daughter, Carol, is played by Eve Hewson, the daughter of U2 lead singer Bono.

Steven Spielberg's BRIDGE OF SPIES is about attorney James B. Donovan (Tom Hanks), who must negotiate a trade involving KGB spy Rudolf Abel for Francis Gary Powers, whose U-2 spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union. Donovan's daughter, Carol, is played by Eve Hewson (center) the daughter of U2 lead singer Bono.

BRIDGE-OF-SPIES-EVE-HEWSON-FOTOR.jpg

Eve Hewson and her father, U2 lead singer Bono.

BRIDGE-OF-SPIES-BONO-FOTOR.jpg

Francis Gary Powers and his U-2 spy plane.

BRIDGE-OF-SPIES-FRANCIS-GARY-POWERS-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, OCTOBER 26

MEG 2: THE TRENCH---Ben Wheatley (REBECCA) will direct the movie sequel based on Steve Alten's sequel novel THE TRENCH. Jason Statham is returning and will be involved in the development of the sequel. Statham was not happy with the original movie's PG-13 rating, “You go, ‘Where’s the f*cking blood?’ It’s like, ‘There’s a shark.’”

MEG-2-FOTOR-2.jpg

DEXTER---showrunner Clyde Phillips commented on the upcoming Showtime miniseries and the unhappiness on how the original series ended, “This isn’t DEXTER Season Nine… This was an opportunity to write a second finale for the show. We’re not going to betray the audience and say, ‘Whoops, that was all a dream. What happened in the first eight years happened in the first eight years. Ten years, or however many years, have passed by the time this will air, and the show will reflect that time passage.
In so far as the ending of the show, this will have no resemblance to how the original finale was. It’s a great opportunity to write a second finale for our show, and Showtime was very gracious about that.”

MOONFALL---Donald Sutherland will co-star with Patrick Wilson, Halle Berry and Stanley Tucci in the Roland Emmerich movie about a team of astronauts who must prevent the Moon from colliding with Earth.

FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY---Terence Winter (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is developing a tv miniseries based on the book about NYPD detectives Stephen Caracappa and Louis Eppolito who worked for the Lucchese and Gambino crime families.

MINDHUNTER---David Fincher said the series will probably not return, “We lived there for almost three years. Not year in and year out, but … probably six or seven months a year. MINDHUNTER was a lot for me. It’s a 90-hour workweek. It absorbs everything in your life. When I got done, I was pretty exhausted, and I said, ‘I don’t know if I have it in me right now to break season three.’
For the viewership that it had, it was a very expensive show. We talked about, ‘Finish MANK and then see how you feel,’ but I honestly don’t think we’re going to be able to do it for less than I did season two. And on some level, you have to be realistic – dollars have to equal eyeballs.”

STAR WARS---John Boyega commented on possibly returning as Finn, "I don't know what's going on with STAR WARS. Well, I'm alive - that's one thing. But it would depend on story and depend on if Daisy [Ridley] and Oscar [Isaac] are coming back. I wouldn't want to be running around by myself or anything."

GAME OF THRONES---Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed) said about Season 8's finale, "Lots of people really like it, except no-one seems to like the last episode or the last season. I haven't met anyone that likes it so far."

NEW YORK UNDERCOVER---Peacock is negotiations to revive the 1994 New York cop series.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Nadja Regin played a Bond Girl with Sean Connery in two 007 movies: Kerim Bey's mistress in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and Bonita the belly dancer in GOLDFINGER.
Regin's husband was Michael Szrajber, a paratrooper with the Polish 1st Independent Paratroop Brigade during Operation Market Garden in World War II. The 1st Independent Brigade supported the British 1st Airborne Division which was commanded by Maj. Gen. Roy Urquhart. Ironically, in the movie A BRIDGE TOO FAR, Urquhart was played by Sean Connery.

Nadja Regin played Kerim Bey's mistress in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE with Sean Connery.

NADJA-REGIN-FROM-RUSSIA-LOVE-FOTOR.jpg

Regin also played Bonita the belly dancer in GOLDFINGER with Connery.

NADJA-REGIN-GOLDFINGER-FOTOR.jpg

Regin's husband was Michael Szrajber, a paratrooper with the Polish 1st Independent Paratroop Brigade during Operation Market Garden in World War II. The 1st Independent Brigade supported the British 1st Airborne Division which was commanded by Maj. Gen. Roy Urquhart. Ironically, in the movie A BRIDGE TOO FAR, Urquhart was played by Sean Connery. Gene Hackman played 1st independent Paratroop Brigade commander, Maj. Gen. Stanislaw Sosabowski.

NADJA-REGIN-A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27

THE MIDNIGHT SKY---trailer released for the Netflix sci fi movie starring George Clooney and Felicity Jones.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4bk6aZwsao

GODZILLA: SINGULAR POINT---trailer released for the Netflix animated tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orIdY5qcO04

THE SPACEMAN OF BOHEMIA---Adam Sandler will star in this Netflix sci fi movie based on the novel. The synopsis says, "The story follows an astronaut (Sandler) sent to the edge of the galaxy to collect mysterious ancient dust. He soon finds his earthly life falling to pieces, and he turns to the only voice who can help him try to put it back together. It just so happens to belong to a creature from the beginning of time lurking in the shadows of his ship." Johan Renck (CHERNOBYL) is the director.

SPACEMAN-OF-BOHEMIA-FOTOR.jpg

MOON KNIGHT---Oscar Isaac is in negotiations to star in the Disney+ tv series based on the Marvel comic book.

MOON-KNIGHT-FOTOR.jpg

AVATAR 2---Kate Winslet commented on a photo of her in the sequel, “I had to learn how to free-dive to play that role in AVATAR, and that was just incredible. My longest breath hold was seven minutes and 14 seconds, like crazy, crazy stuff. I play a water person. I am a water person.”

BATWOMAN---photo released of Javicia Leslie in the new Batwoman suit.

BATWOMAN-FOTOR.jpg

STARGIRL---Nick Tarabay will play Eclipso and Jonathan Cake will play The Shade in Season 2.

Y: THE LAST MAN---the FX pilot starring Ben Schnetzer, Diane Lane, and Imogene Poots has begun filming with PETA announcing that Ampersand the pet monkey will be CGI, “For over two years, PETA has been urging the Y: The Last Man team not to prop up a cruel industry that tears baby monkeys away from their mothers and forces them to endure a miserable life stuck inside cages and in front of cameras. The decision to switch to computer-generated imagery is the only ethical option for depicting animals on screen and is welcome news for primates who suffer in the entertainment industry.”
Also, producer Nina Jacobson tweeted, “my first show ever where the Showrunner, Director, Producers, DP, Production Design and Costume Designers and Stunt Coordinator are all women, and that’s not even a complete list.”

RICHARD PRYOR---Kenya Barris is the writer/director of this untitled MGM Richard Pryor biomovie.

TRIVIA---Leonard Nimoy was the original director for STAR TREK: GENERATIONS, known for its infamous death scene of Capt. James T. Kirk. Co-writer Brannon Braga said, "[The] director... was initially Leonard Nimoy... Nimoy read the script and hated it and felt [the only interesting part] of the script was Data's emotion chip story. By the way, he probably wasn't wrong." Braga said a feud began between Nimoy and producer Rick Berman because Nimoy refused to direct the movie, "They never spoke again. They were both p*ssed at each other."
Berman said, "When Leonard read it, he said, 'This needs a page-one rewrite'. I told him [no]... and we parted ways...It was unusual for us to write a script with no director involved at all. Mr. Nimoy is right that he probably should have had a pass at the script."
Nimoy was also unhappy with his cameo as Spock, "There was a character called Spock who had a dozen lines you could easily assign to anyone else, which they did."
Nimoy summed up his feeling about GENERATIONS, "Star Trek seven was a media event. GENERATIONS... two captains meet at the Nexus. Okay. Something to sell. And they sold very hard on it... But I don't think the picture was very good...My feeling about GENERATIONS is very negative."

STAR-TREK-GENERATIONS-1-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28

THE BOYS---bloopers released from Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxFko8NV6Q

STARDUST---trailer released for the David Bowie biomovie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U82heDabn5k

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Senior Box Office Analyst Jeff Bock commented on Warner Bros. spending an additional $70 million for reshoots for the HBO Max four-part miniseries, "While viewers may ultimately shrug, this kind of substance moves the needle and keeps the conversation about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman going. Front and center in the mind of consumers, that’s exactly what WB wants for their legacy characters. Plus, the additional wrinkles of Joker and Deathstroke further the connection of the DC universe of characters, something Marvel has consistently done well, and something DC is finally moving towards."
He added, "While JUSTICE LEAGUE wasn’t THE AVENGERS DC was hoping for at the box office, there is no denying superheroes and their machinations are still the champions of social media. Considering content is at a premium right now, and we’re in the middle of an all-out war for eyeballs, HBO Max investing upwards of $100 million for an extended comic book caper seems like a solid play for subscribers."

ZACK-SNYDER-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-FOTOR.jpg

MOON KNIGHT---Egyptian Mohamed Diab will direct the Disney+ tv series based on the Marvel comic book with Oscar Isaacs in negotiations to star.

GINGER SNAPS---tv series underway based on the 2000 Canadian horror movie about a teenage girl and her werewolf sister.

BE MY EYES---movie underway about a female law student who volunteers to receive phone calls from blind people in order to help them when she receives a call from a blind woman who is being abducted. Sam Raimi is the co-producer.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, LEO GRANDE---Emma Thompson will star in this comedy movie about a sex-starved widow who hires young sex therapist Leo Grande to satisfy her unfulfilled desires.

SHOTGUN WEDDING---Jennifer Lopez and Armie Hammer will star in this comedy movie about an engaged couple who bring their obnoxious families together where they are all taken hostage.

NO SUDDEN MOVE---Matt Damon will have a cameo role in the HBO Max/Steven Soderbergh movie about a 1955 Detroit heist that goes awry. Don Cheadle, Benecio Del Toro, David Harbour, Jon Hamm, Ray Liotta and Brendan Fraser star.

NARCOS: MEXICO---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3, but Diego Luna will not be returning.

I'M A KILLER MAID---Legendary Entertainment tv series underway based on the web comic about an ex-female assassin who becomes a maid to a nerdy comic book writer and switches bodies with him.

ARCHIVE 81---Netflix tv series underway based on the found-footage horror podcast.

PEANUTS---a fan petition to Apple TV+ wants the animated holidays specials to be shown on broadcast tv as in the past.

PLATONIC---Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne will star in this Apple TV+ tv series about two ex-best friends who reunite to mend fences.

TRIVIA---character actor King Donovan appeared in two 1950s sci fi movies that led to a wave of similar movies: THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS.
In Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion classic, THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, King Donovan played psychiatrist Dr. Ingersoll. The huge success of THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS led to a wave of giant monster movies including THEM!, THE BLACK SCORPION, TARANTULA, THE GIANT BEHEMOTH, GORGO and the legendary GODZILLA.

King Donovan played psychiatrist Dr. Ingersoll in Ray Harryhausen's THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS.

KING-DONOVAN-BEAST-FROM-20-000-FATHOMS-1-FOTOR.jpg

KING-DONOVAN-BEAST-FROM-20-000-FATHOMS-RHEDOAURUS-FOTOR.jpg

The success of THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS led to a wave of giant monster movies including THEM! and GODZILLA.

KING-DONOVAN-THEM-FOTOR.jpg

KING-DONOVAN-GODZILLA-FOTOR.jpg

In Don Siegel's INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, Donovan played alien pod victim Jack Belicec. The movie was followed by three remakes: INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1978), BODY SNATCHERS and THE INVASION.

KING-DONOVAN-INVASION-BODY-SNATCHERS-FOTOR.jpg

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams).

KING-DONOVAN-DONALD-SUTHERLAND-FOTOR.jpg

BODY SNATCHERS (Gabrielle Anwar, Meg Tilley).

KING-DONOVAN-MEG-TILLEY-FOTOR.jpg

THE INVASION (Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig).

KING-DONOVAN-NICOLE-KIDMAN-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29

THE BILLION DOLLAR SPY---Armie Hammer and Madds Mikkelsen will star in this movie based on the book about CIA agent Brad Reid and Soviet engineer Adolf Tolkachev who gave top secret information on Soviet missiles, radar and jet fighters including, the MiG-31 and SU-27, to the CIA for almost a decade before a CIA defector exposed him to the KGB. His information saved the US an estimated $60 billion in research costs in current US dollars. He was executed in 1985.
The photo from the book shows Tolkachev being kidnapped by KGB agents.

BILLION-DOLLAR-SPY-FOTOR.jpg

THE WITCHER---a photo from the Season 2 film set shows Nilfgaardian knight Cahir (Eamon Farren) wearing new body armor and sorceress Fringilla (Mimi Ndiweni).

WITCHER-2-FOTOR.jpg

TONY JAA---Tony Jaa will star in an untitled movie trilogy about a top assassin who disappears and is pursued by criminal organizations and law enforcement agencies.

BRAVE NEW WORLD---Peacock cancelled the series.

TOM SWIFT---CW NANCY DREW spinoff tv series underway based on the book series. The synopsis for the reimagined series says, "The serialized adventures of its titular black, gay, billionaire inventor who is thrust into a world of sci-fi conspiracy and unexplained phenomena after the shocking disappearance of his father. Tom takes to the road on a quest to unravel the truth, leaving behind the comforts of his usual moneyed lifestyle, all while fighting to stay one step ahead of an Illuminati-scale group hell-bent on stopping him. His missions will require his genius and flair for innovation guided by love, romance, friendship and the mysteries of the universe yet-unsolved."

TINY TOON LOONIVERSITY---HBO Max revival underway of TINY TOONS ADVENTURES.

TED LASSO---Apple TV+ renewed the series for Season 3.

BABY-SITTER'S CLUB---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE---Nicole Kidman will star in this Amazon tv series based on the play.

TRIVIA---in Quentin Tarantino's ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie) is shown with the Maltese Falcon statuette from the classic THE MALTESE FALCON.
In reality, the statuette is one of the real resin props used by Humphrey Bogart in the 1941 movie that went missing for 50 years before documentary producer Ara Chekmayan bought it for only $8 at a New Jersey flea market in 1993. In 2010, Leonardo DiCaprio and others paid $300,000 for it at auction. DiCaprio, who starred in ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, brought the statuette with him for use in the movie.

MALTESE-FALCON-BOGART-FOTOR.jpg

MALTESE-FALCON-LEONARDO-DICAPRIO-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30

HALLOWEEN KILLS---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgWlruoQoLI

UNIVERSE'S MOST WANTED---Dave Bautista will star in this Brad Peyton sci fi movie about a spaceship carrying the universe's most wanted criminals that crashes in a small town where the sheriff's son helps a galactic bounty hunter battle the alien felons.

THE HULK---Matthew McConaughey said, in an interview with Josh Horowitz, he was a fan of THE INCREDIBLE HULK tv series and wanted to play The Hulk in a Marvel Studios movie, but Marvel turned him down. Marvel offered McConaughey the role of Ego the Living Planet in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, but he tuned the offer down.

Horowitz: "You never got your chance to play Bruce Banner, or David Banner in the show, did you?"

McConaughey: "No, I didn’t."

Horowitz: "Jerks."

McConaughey: "Wanted it."

Horowitz: "Really?"

McConaughey: "Yep."

Horowitz: "Did you throw your hat in the ring? Did you say, 'I’m game if you guys are?'"

McConaughey: "Yep."

Horowitz: "No kidding?"

McConaughey: "They said, 'No, thank you.'"

HULK.jpg

ZACK SNYDER's JUSTICE LEAGUE---Ray Fisher said Warner Bros. lied to the cast in telling them that Zack Snyder picked Joss Whedon to replace him for the reshoots, “For one thing, the cast and crew were told that Zack had handpicked Joss to finish the film for him. I didn’t find out until after the reshoots that that was a complete lie. I heard whispers and rumblings of things being off behind the scenes, but nothing concrete until much later. They had us go out to San Diego Comic-Con in 2017 and say Zack picked Joss and that Joss was a great guy. I still have the email with those talking points.”

THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS---Jordan Peele is developing a remake of the 1991 Wes Craven horror movie.

INSIDIOUS 5---Patrick Wilson is returning for the fifth movie in the horror franchise as the star/director. Ty Simpkins is also returning.

BLACKOUT---Josh Duhamel, Nick Nolte and Abbie Cornish will star in this movie about a man wakes up with amnesia in a Mexican hospital and is pursued by drug cartels who want the money he stole.

MY DAD THE BOUNTY HUNTER---Netflix animated tv series about two kids who accidentally discover the father is the galaxy's top bounty hunter.

MOTHER'S INSTINCT---Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain will star in this US remake of the FRENCH movie DUELLES which was based on the novel DERRIERE la HAINE.

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS---Amazon Prime ten-part miniseries about three people: a serial killer seeking redemption, a woman who barely escaped from a serial killer and a mother seeking her missing daughter. Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater and Amy Brenneman star.

NO ACTIVITY---CBS All Access renewed the series for Season 4 which will be animated.

PROJECT POLTERGEIST---untitled John Ridley/Blmumhouse horror movie underway based on the article about a 1960s haunted public housing project in 1960s New Jersey.

THE CELLAR---Elisha Cuthbert and Eoin Macken star in this horror movie about a mother who seeks her daughter who vanished in the cellar of their new house.

WHITE BIRD: A WONDER STORY---Marc Forster (WORLD WAR Z) will direct this movie based on the graphic novel. The movie is spinoff off the 2017 movie WONDER.

TRIVIA---Halloween trivia.
In the STAR TREK parody movie, GALAXY QUEST, evil alien leader General Roth'h'ar Sarris was named after film critic Andrew Sarris. In 1984, Sarris wrote an unfavorable review of producer Mark Johnson's Oscar-nominated baseball movie THE NATURAL (Robert Redford, Wilford Brimley), saying THE NATURAL was a "pathetic strike-out."
Johnson held a grudge and 15 years later, named GALAXY QUEST''s evil alien leader after Sarris. Johnson said, "It was either Sarris or Haskell" (film critic Molly Haskell was Sarris' wife).
Sarris commented about the alien named after him, "It probably won’t make enough money for me to sue for $10 million...I’m 70 years old. This guy wants to insult me? Oh, boohoo. As long as they spelled my name right, I’m okay."

In the STAR TREK parody movie, GALAXY QUEST, evil alien leader General Roth'h'ar Sarris was named after film critic Andrew Sarris.

SARRIS-GALAXY-QUEST-FOTOR.jpg

In 1984, Sarris wrote an unfavorable review of producer Mark Johnson's Oscar-nominated baseball movie THE NATURAL, saying it was "a pathetic strike-out."

SARRIS-NATURAL-FOTOR.jpg

General Sarris was designed by Stan Winston (PREDATOR, THE TERMINATOR, JURASSIC PARK, ALIENS).

SARRIS-STAN-WINSTON-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2

WILLY'S WONDERLAND---trailer released for the Nicolas Cage horror movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfh8_X3sH5s

THE WITCHER---featurette released for the monsters in Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0BjNRxxqc

VANGUARD---trailer released for the latest Jackie Chan movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eo_fW55Lk

THE THINGS THEY CARRIED---Tom Hardy, Bill Skarsgard and Tye Sheridan will star in this movie based on the acclaimed Vietnam War short story collection.

GREMLINS: SECRETS OF THE MOGWAI---concept released for the HBO Max animated series.

GREMLINS-SECRETS-MOGWAI-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK PHONE---Scott Derrickson is the director/co-writer of this horror movie based on the novella whose synopsis says, "Imogene is young and beautiful. She kisses like a movie star and knows everything about every film ever made. She’s also dead and waiting in the Rosebud Theater for Alec Sheldon one afternoon in 1945. Arthur Roth is a lonely kid with big ideas and a gift for attracting abuse. It isn’t easy to make friends when you’re the only inflatable boy in town. Francis is unhappy. Francis was human once, but that was then. Now he’s an eight-foot-tall locust and everyone in Calliphora will tremble when they hear him sing. John Finney is locked in a basement that’s stained with the blood of half a dozen other murdered children. In the cellar with him is an antique telephone, long since disconnected, but which rings at night with calls from the dead."

THE STRANGE TALENT OF LUTHER STRODE---movie underway based on the comic book.

FOX---the network cancelled FILTHY RICH and NeXt.

CALL JANE---Elizabeth Banks and Sigourney weaver will star in this movie about a 1960s pregnant housewife who discovers an underground abortion movement.

Although Sean Connery appeared in over 60 movies, including seven James Bond movies, he never received an Academy Award nomination until he won an Oscar for THE UNTOUCHABLES. David Mamet, who wrote THE UNTOUCHABLES screenplay, talked about meeting Connery, and his sense of humor, on the movie set for the first time, "I met Sean on set...Me: 'I am very pleased to meet you.' Sean: 'I never made a dollar off of James Bond.'"
Mamet also talked about Connery's compassionate side, "During post-production [Sean] was in Majorca, and we made a date to speak on the phone. Before our scheduled call my cousin called. She was in Ohio with a failed marriage, a husband who'd just lost his job, and, no doubt, the attendant kids down sick."
"In any case, she was beyond despair. I told her I'd have to get off the phone as I was expecting a call from Sean Connery, and I'd call her back after the business call."
Mamet's cousin said, "'Give him my love. Please; I adore him. Tell him first thing.'"
Mamet said, "Then Sean called. I said, 'My cousin adores you.' He asked about her, and I sighed, and told him the tale of her troubles."'
Connery replied, "'What's her number?'"
Mamet continued, "I gave it to him, he rang off, called her in Ohio, and chatted for half an hour. Rest in Peace."

UNTOUCHABLES-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3

VALLEY OF TEARS---trailer released for the HBO Max ten-part miniseries about the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSvPE8xw3A

THE LAIR---Neil Marshall (DOG SOLDIERS) will direct this horror movie described as, "Royal Air Force pilot Lt. Kate Sinclair is on her final flight mission when her jet is shot down over one of the most dangerous rebel strongholds of Afghanistan.
She finds refuge in an abandoned underground bunker where deadly man-made creatures – half-human, half-alien and hungry for human flesh – are awakened. Sinclair barely escapes and unknowingly leads the creatures back to a U.S. Army base."

LAIR-FOTOR.jpg

AVENGERS---Letitia Wright said an all-female AVENGERS movie has the support of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige and producer Victoria Alonso, "I don't think we have to fight for it...She (Alonso) is very strong about spearheading it, alongside Kevin (Feige). It's only a matter of time before they do it."

BANDIT---Josh Duhamel will star in this movie based on the book about Gilbert Galvan, Jr., "The Flying Bandit", who used the frequent flyer program to fly to his many heists.

NOT BLOODY LIKELY---Pierce Brosnan and Helena Bonham Carter will star in this romantic comedy movie about George Bernard Shaw trying to get his ex-love interest, Mrs. Patrick Campbell, to play Eliza Dolittle in PYGMALION.

ORPHAN: FIRST KILL---Isabelle Fuhrman and Julia Stiles will star in the prequel movie.

BLADE: TRINITY---Wesley Snipes responded to Patton Oswalt's claim that Snipes tried to strangle director David Goyer during filming, "Let me tell you one thing. If I had tried to strangle David Goyer, you probably wouldn't be talking to me now. A black guy with muscles strangling the director of a movie is going to jail, I guarantee you...Did I go to jail for strangling him? Never happened."

RESIDENT EVIL---Donal Logue will play police chief Brian Irons in the reboot movie.

SEVERANCE---Christopher Walken will play Burt, head of optics and design at Lumen Industries in the Apple TV+ workplace tv series. Adam Scott, John Turturro and Patricia Arquette also star.

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK: GENERATIONS, legendary Marlon Brando almost played the role of Dr. Tolian Soran. Producer Rick Berman said, "When we were casting the role of Soran, which Malcolm McDowell played in GENERATIONS, I got a call from Marlon Brando's agent saying that he was interested in doing it. It was the biggest thrill of my life. But the studio was not willing to pay the money that Mr. Brando was looking for."
Berman said he talked to Sherry Lansing, head of Paramount Pictures about Brando, “I went to Sherry and said, ‘Marlon Brando wants to play Soran’."
Berman added, “But he wanted a huge amount of money. It was numerous millions of dollars, much more than she had any interest in paying. This was also at a point when he was quite overweight, and it was an action-hero type of role. My feeling was, ‘we’re talking about Marlon Brando here!’ But Sherry had remarkable experience in the motion picture business and said ‘Brando’s presence is not going to justify the expenditure’.”

STAR-TREK-MARLON-BRANDO-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4

NO TIME TO DIE---Rami Malek refused to confirm rumors that his Bond Villain, Safin, is really Dr. No, from the first James Bond movie, "That’s interesting. I’m not going to bite on that, but I do think it’s interesting. They’ll just have to wait and see. Let the rumors fly, because no matter what you expect from this movie, you will be shocked when you watch the film. I will not add any fuel to that fire.”

NO-TIME-TO-DIE-FOTOR.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife, Hilarie Burton, confirmed she will play Negan's late wife, Lucille, in several episodes in Season 10, "Been pretty hard to keep this a secret. But I love working with @JDMorgan . I love watching him become #Negan and take on that swagger. And I love the @TheWalkingDead family. They’ve been a part of our family for ages and I’m so grateful for their kindness."

WALKING-DEAD.jpg

MUNICH---Jeremy Irons and George McKay will star in this Netflix movie based on the book about two friends, a British diplomat and a German diplomat, travel to Munich to prevent World War and discover a sinister plot.

THE RIG---Amazon six-part horror miniseries underway in which the crew of the Kishorn Bravo oil rig in the North Sea prepare to return to the Scottish mainland, but they cut off by a mysterious fog.

DEMIGOD---Rachel Nichols (THE LIBRARIANS) will star in this horror movie in which a woman and her husband travel to Germany's Black Forest after her hunter grandfather died. At his secluded cabin, they encounter a horrific hunting ritual.

TENET---Christopher Nolan commented on the movie that made almost $350 million instead of the expected $1 billion, “Warner Bros. released TENET, and I’m thrilled that it has made almost $350 million. But I am worried that the studios are drawing the wrong conclusions from our release – that rather than looking at where the film has worked well and how that can provide them with much needed revenue, they’re looking at where it hasn’t lived up to pre-COVID expectations and will start using that as an excuse to make exhibition take all the losses from the pandemic instead of getting in the game and adapting – or rebuilding our business, in other words.”

CASTLE ROCK---Hulu cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---in 2013, Russell Crowe posted a Youtube video in which he claimed he photographed a UFO outside his home in Sydney, "A friend and I set camera to capture fruit bats rising from Botanic Gardens. This was a big surprise."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1saZN559JuM

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5

THE LEGO STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL---trailer released for the Disney+ holiday special.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZxO5Dn9x0

FRIGHT NIGHT 2: RESURRECTION---Tom Holland, the writer/director of the 1985 vampire movie, is working on a direct sequel to the cult classic, "I’m writing a sequel to FRIGHT NIGHT now... I’m calling it FRIGHT NIGHT 2: RESURRECTION. Well, it’s the only way to protect myself: If you wanna see something done right, do it yourself... Of course, Charlie’s back, and so is Evil Ed. I’m bringing back everybody I can. I’m calling it RESURRECTION because we’ve got to resurrect Billy Cole and Jerry Dandridge. And now I’ll say no more."

FRIGHT-NIGHT-2-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK CRAB---Noomi Rapace will star in this Netflix movie based on the Swedish novel set in a post-apocalyptic world where six soldiers must transport a package across a frozen sea in a perpetual winter to end the war.

THE GUILTY---Jake Gyllenhaal will star in this Netflix remake of DEN SKYLIDGE in which a 9-1-1 police officer receives a phone call from someone in trouble who discovers it is more dangerous than he thought.

GOLD---Zac Efron will star in this Antoine Fuqua Australian survival movie described as, "...two strangers traveling through a desert who stumble across the biggest gold nugget ever found. They hatch a plan to protect and excavate their bounty with one man leaving to secure the necessary equipment. The other man remains and must endure harsh desert elements, ravenous wild dogs, and mysterious intruders, whilst battling the sinking suspicion that he has been abandoned to his own fate."

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER---Kat Dennings said she does not think she is returning for the new sequel, “No, still no idea! I don’t think I’m in it. I feel like I would have heard by now. So literally my answer is I have no idea, I have even less an idea than I did before.”

DARK SHADOWS: REINCARNATION---CW has decided not to develop the sequel series.

INTERROGATION---CBS All Access cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---two actors, Rainn Wilson and Justin Long, had their first movie roles in the STAR TREK parody movie, GALAXY QUEST. Wilson played the Thermian crewman named Lahnk, and Long played GALAXY QUEST nerd Brandon.

GALAXY-QUEST-RAINN-WILSON-FOTOR.jpg

GALAXY-QUEST-JUSTIN-LONG-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6

STAR WARS---reportedly reliable sources claim Lucasfilm wants Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill to return for future projects although their characters have been killed off. The source claims Lucasflm thinks there is, "some mileage left in the characters", and it has "ideas for how to bring them back."
Also, Ron Howard said Harrison Ford approved of Alden Ehrenreich's performance in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, "Harrison Ford liked Solo very much, and he was very supportive when he saw it. And was so gracious and complimentary to Alden. He said some things publicly, but privately, it was really great to see him put his hand on Alden's shoulder and say, 'Great job kid.’ t meant a lot. Alden worked so hard and it was a very high-risk situation for him and he was a cool customer and was really a pleasure to work with, as was that entire cast, they are just a great bunch."

STAR-WARS-FOTOR.jpg

BOBA FETT---rumors claim that Disney+ is developing two new STAR WARS tv series. The first, a Boba Fett tv series, might start filming next week. The second series will be a THE MANDALORIAN spinoff series that features female characters including Cara Dune.

BOBA-FETT-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---a photo shows David Cronenberg's brief cameo in Episode 5.

STAR-TREK-DISCOVERY-CRONENBERG-FOTOR.jpg

FANTASTIC BEASTS---Johnny Depp announced he has resigned from the franchise, "I wish to let you know that I have been asked to resign by Warner Bros. from my role as Grindewald in Fantastic Beasts and I have respected and agreed to that request." Depp's resignation came the day after he lost a libel lawsuit against a British tabloid that called him a "wife-beater".

SPEED 3---director Jan de Bont commented on a possible third movie in the franchise should have Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock returning, "It depends on how the story is, I think. Generally, I’m not a huge fan for sequels. I had in my contract that I would do a sequel. If you have to, you have to have the cast to want to come back too because, otherwise, you have to tell a whole new movie. Because some of the first one was so much centered around him and about him, the awkwardness a little bit in him being a hero. And that awkwardness of being in a position to be a hero is … That worked really well for him but it doesn’t work well for other actors. And it’s really hard to find that same kind of feeling back."

SPEED-FOTOR.jpg

AMBULANCE---Michael Bay is in negotiations to direct the US remake of the Danish movie about an Afghan War veteran and his brother, whose bank robbery goes awry, forcing them to take hostages and an ambulance.

ZOMBIE BROTHER---Colin Firth will star in the movie based on the digital comic.

YOUNG WALLANDER---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in Ray Harryhausen's classic JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, Jason's boat, the Argo, was a converted shipping barge that cost $250,000, which was a huge sum in 1963. Columbia Pictures got its money back by selling the Argo to 20th Century Fox for use in CLEOPATRA's Battle of Actium scenes.

JASON-AND-ARGONAUTS-ARGO-FOTOR-1.jpg

JASON-AND-ARGONAUTS-FOTOR-2.jpg

Columbia Pictures got its $250,000 back by selling the Argo to 20th Century Fox for use in CLEOPATRA's Battle of Actium scenes.

JASON-AND-ARGONAUTS-CLEOPATRA-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9

MOSUL---trailer released for the Netflix/Russo Brothers movie about an Iraqi SWAT team battling ISIS terrorists.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9bw8MGkB-A

STAR WARS---Leslye Headland is the writer/showrunner of the new untitled Disney+ STAR WARS tv series, “believed to be a female-driven action thriller with martial arts elements and set in an alternate timeline from the usual Star Wars universe”. Headland said, “I would say it’s in a pocket of the universe and a pocket of the timeline that we don’t know much about. I kind of see, if STAR WARS is a religion. I like to think of my show as a tent revival. You can come over if you want to. We’re going to be talking about some cool stuff. There’s going to be some things we haven’t discussed in the canon yet. There are going to be some characters you don’t know about.”
She added, “For me, it’s less about going through the Star Wars universe cinematically or artistically, I’m actually kind of combing through it geographically and go on a literal journey. When we were pitching, I had my designer create that Indiana Jones-like 'we go here and then we go here,' with the little dotted red line like this is our journey, this is where we’re going.”

GUNPOWDER MILKSHAKE---photos released from the female assassin movie starring Karen Gillan, Lena Headey, Carla Gugino, Angela Bassett and Michelle Yeoh.

GUNPOWDER-MILKSHAKE-1.jpg

GUNPOWDER-MILKSHAKE-2.jpg

GODZILLA---director Jan de Bont (SPEED) commented on his GODZILLA remake movie that would have "stayed true" to the original Japanese version, but it was rejected in favor of the Dean Devlin/Roland Emmerich version, "I went to Japan, I met with the people at the studio, and they loved my version. It was basically that the visual effects at the time, and also special effects — like the way they did in the [original] GODZILLA movies, which, I had copies of all of them — it became a battle about the budget. So the person who ended up doing the movie said that he could do it for like $40-50 million less than my budget. Mine was, I think, around $100 million or so. Of course, that never happens — and his film ended up costing almost twice as much as my budget. Unfortunately, they believed him." De Bont's movie had Godzilla battling another monster, Gryphon.

GODZILLA-1-FOTOR.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD: WORLD BEYOND--AMC denied rumors that Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) will appear in the Season 1 finale.

ACROSS THE RIVER AND INTO THE TREES---Liev Schreiber, Josh Hutcherson and Sabrina Impacciatore will star in this movie based on the Ernest Hemingway novel set during World War II.

RETRIBUTION---Liam Neeson will star in this remake of the Spanish movie EL DESCONOCIDO in which a man and his family are in their car when he discovers a bomb in the car will be detonated if he does follow not a series of commands from the bomber.

THE SALAMANDER LIVES TWICE---Adrien Brody and Vera Farmiga will star in this movie about a man with amnesia and an impenetrable briefcase, who is found on the shore of a remote island by a woman and her daughter, the last members of a formerly wealthy family.

In THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, Timothy Dalton's first James Bond movie, the villa of Bond Villain Brad Whitaker (Joe Don Baker) was really the Forbes Museum in Tangier, Morocco that was founded by billionaire Malcolm Forbes. Forbes housed his collection of 115,000 toy soldiers from historic battles ranging from Waterloo to Dien Bien Phu.
After Forbes's death, the property was sold to Morocco. 60,000 pieces of the collection were auctioned off by Christie's for $700,000. Other pieces of the collection are in the Forbes Galleries in New York.

LIVING-DAYLIGHTS-MUSEUM-FOTOR.jpg

LIVING-DAYLIGHTS-DALTON-BAKER-FOTOR.jpg

LIVING-DAYLIGHTS-SOLDIERS-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10

SUPERINTELLIGENCE---trailer released for the HBO Max movie starring Melissa McCarthy and James Corden.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bRe8sEcOvQ

A QUIET PLACE---untitled spinoff movie underway based on an idea by John Krasinski, but it is not to be confused with the sequel A AQUIET PLACE: PART II which is directed by Krasinski. The spinoff movie will be written and directed by Jeff Nichols (LOVING).

A-QUET-PLACE-FOTOR-1.jpg

SAIGON BODYGUARDS---Chris Pratt and Wu Jing will star in this Russo Brothers remake of the Vietnamese movie about two security specialists who must find a kidnapped corporate heir they were guarding.

SAIGON-BODYGUARDS-FOTOR.jpg

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---James Gunn tweeted on the status of the sequel, "Script is written and most of the production heads have been hired."

ZEROES AND ONES---Ehtan Hawke and Cristina Chiriac will star in this movie about a US soldier in Rome who fights to save the world from an unknown enemy after the Vatican was blown up. Director Abel Ferrara said the movie is about, “Lockdown and war, danger and espionage, American soldiers, Chinese middlemen, Mid Eastern holy men, provocateurs, diplomats, rogue elements of the CIA and KGB.”

NIGHT HAS FALLEN---Gerard Butler is returning for the fourth movie in the Secret Service agent Mike Banning movie franchise.

BLOODSHOT---DMG Entertainment Dan Mintz said a sequel to the Vin Diesel movie is underway.

OSLO---HBO movie underway based on the play about the 1993 Oslo Peace Accords negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. Andrew Scott and Ruth Wilson are the stars.

SUPERMAN AND LOIS---black writer Nadria Tucker tweeted she was fired from the writing staff of the CW superhero tv series, “Wednesday I got word that my contract on Superman and Lois won’t be extended, my services no longer needed, my outline and draft subpar (obviously I disagree with that last bit lol).
This, after months of me flagging #metoo jokes in dialogue, of me defending the Bechdel test, of me FIGHTING to ensure the only Black faces on screen aren’t villains, of me pitching stories for female characters (there’s one in the title of the series!) that went ignored.
If I sound bitter, it’s because this one stings. I’ve been assured by colleagues that I was great in the room, so I know I’m not nuts. I debated whether to post this but my own mental wellbeing demands that I do. The only way ***** changes is to expose it.”

THE OUTSIDER---HBO will not renew the series for Season 2.

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3.

TRIVIA---in THE NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, Anna Nicole Smith and Raquel Welch co-starred with Leslie Nielsen. In THE NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, Anna Nicole Smith played a transgender. In MYRA BRECKINRIDGE, Raquel Welch played a transgender.

In THE NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, Anna Nicole Smith and Raquel Welch co-starred with Leslie Nielsen. In THE NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, Anna Nicole Smith played a transgender.

NAKED-GUN-ANNA-NICOLE-FOTOR.jpg

NAKED-GUN-RAQUEL-1-FOTOR.jpg

In MYRA BRECKINRIDGE, Raquel Welch played a transgender.

NAKED-GUN-RAQUEL-MYRA-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11

BREACH---trailer released foe the shape-shifting alien movie starring Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntSSo0yuc4

STAR WARS---in the new book STAR WARS ARCHIVES: EPISODES I-III, George Lucas said Darth Maul was going to be the main villain for his next trilogy, “Darth Maul trained a girl, Darth Talon, who was in the comic books, as his apprentice. She was the new Darth Vader, and most of the action was with her. So these were the two main villains of the trilogy. Maul eventually becomes the godfather of crime in the universe because, as the Empire falls, he takes over.”
He added, “By the end of the trilogy, Luke would have rebuilt much of the Jedi, and we would have the renewal of the New Republic, with Leia, Senator Organa, becoming the Supreme Chancellor in charge of everything. So she ended up being the Chosen One."

STAR-WARS-DARTH-MAUL-FOTOR.jpg

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7---photo from the film set shows a fight between Hayley Atwell and Esai Morales. Also, Angela Bassett confirmed she is returning for the sequel.

MISSION-IMPOSSIBLE-FOTOR.jpg

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder gave a glimpse of concept art for Martian Manhunter.

ZACK-SNYDER-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-FOTOR.jpg

FANTASTIC BEASTS 3---David Yates and Warner Bros. have Mads Mikkelsen as the top candidate to replace Johnny Depp as the new Grindelwald.

FIREHEART---Olivia Cooke, Kenneth Branagh, William Shatner and Laurie Holden are the voice cast for this animated movie set in 1920s New York where a teenage girl disguises herself as a man to help her father, a retired fireman, stop an arsonist from burning down all of Broadway after all the other firemen mysteriously disappear.

SCORPION KING---Dwayne Johnson and Universal Pictures are developing a reboot of the 2002 movie that was a spinoff of THE MUMMY reboot movie.

STRANGERS---Netflix dark comedy movie in which two teenage girls team up to kill each other's bullies. Maya Hawke and Camila Mendes star.

THE BURIAL---Jamie Foxx will star in this Amazon Studios movie based on the true story “about the contractual dispute case brought against funeral home executive Ray Loewen by Mississippi businessman Jeremiah O’Keefe, who hired the flamboyant attorney Willie Gary. The jury awarded O’Keefe a total of $500 million, an amount which would bankrupt Loewen’s company.”

TRIVIA---Veterans Day trivia.
Charles Durning was nominated for two Academy Awards and appeared in movies including THE STING, THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE in TEXAS and TO BE OR NOT TO BE. In World War II, Durning served with the 1st Infantry Division, "The Big Red One", that landed in the first wave on Omaha Beach during D-Day. Durning said, “I bent down to tie my shoe – and the guys in front of me and behind me were killed instantly in a Nazi machine gun ambush. I was the only one to survive. In order to get out alive, I had to kill seven German gunners."
In the Battle of the Bulge, a German soldier with a bayonet stabbed Durning eight times. Durning killed the German with a rock. After being captured, Durning survived a massacre of other POWs and later helped identify his dead comrades. For his valor in combat, Durning received the Silver Star, Bronze Star, three Purple Hearts and the French National Order of the Legion of Honor.
Durning said about his combat experiences,“For years afterward, I wondered why my life was spared while they died. I have empathy for any man who fights a war and survives...That’s why I never starred in any war films. I have lived through the tragedy and heartache – I don’t need to pretend on-camera or act like a hero.”
A source close to Durning said, “Charles was a very proud soldier. But he said he would rather be remembered for entertaining people than for the wartime horrors he experienced.”

CHARLES-DURNING-SOLDIER-FOTOR.jpg

Charles Durning received his first Academy Award nomination for THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS starring Burt Reynolds.

CHARLES-DURNING-BEST-WHOREHOUSE-TEXAS-FOTOR.jpg

Durning received his second Oscar nomination for, ironically, playing SS Col. Erhardt in TO BE OR NOT TO BE starring Mel Brooks.

CHARLES-DURNING-MEL-BROOKS-FOTOR.jpg

Durning co-starred in THE STING with Robert Redford.

CHARLES-DURNING-STING-FOTOR.jpg

Like the story about Durning. We just don't know what some of these guys went through.I sit here at my desk reflecting and thinking, we have young men and women at war but we don't think about it often. Not as often as we should.
Mark

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12

MAX CLOUD---trailer released for the sci fi action movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_i7u1Rkuw8

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER---Arnold Schwarzenegger and Monica Barbaro will star in this untitled Netflix tv series about an international father-and-daughter spy team.

ARNOLD-SCHWARZENEGGER-FOTOR.jpg

THE MANDALORIAN---Lucasfilm creative art manager Phil Szostak tweeted his reply about fans who complained about Baby Yoda eating the Frog Lady's eggs which were the last hope for her species' survival, "For the record, Chapter 10 of #TheMandalorian makes it clear that the Frog Lady’s eggs are unfertilized, like the chicken eggs many of us enjoy. But obviously, chickens aren’t sentient beings and the Child eating the eggs is intentionally disturbing, for comedic effect."

MANDALORIAN-FOTOR.jpg

DAVID FINCHER---director David Fincher commented on the future of the movie industry, "Unless you’re making a tentpole movie that has a Happy Meal component to it, no one’s interested… it’s not particularly a smart business plan to make a love letter to another movie that’s on [rival streaming service] HBO Max… But, listen, if we only did the stuff that was smart, there’d probably only be Marvel and STAR WARS and JURASSIC PARK movies.
There’s really only two seasons for movies. There’s ‘spandex summer’ and there’s affliction winter.’ You’re making your movie for one of two seasons. And if you miss, you’ll fall into one of those other two seasons, which are nominally dumping grounds. Does that make sense? I’m not really just a jaded f**k. I’m an informed, jaded f**k.”

THE FENCE---Miles Teller, Shailene Woodley and William Hurt will star in this political satire movie about two liberal newlyweds who must deal with their conservative ex-Marine neighbor who wants to erect a nine-foot high fence between their homes to keep terrorists out.

DAMSEL---Millie Bobby Brown will star in this Netflix fantasy movie about a princess who is in an arranged marriage to the prince of a rival kingdom. She discovers that as part of a successful harvest season, she will be sacrificed to a ferocious dragon.

AMBULANCE---Michael Bay movie underway whose plot is, “a three-hander that tells of two brothers that steal an ambulance that is already in a heightened state with a female paramedic and a patient who is in critical condition.". Jake Gyllenhaal, Dylan O'Brien and Eliza Gonzalez are in talks to star. Chris Fedak (CHUCK) is the writer.

VIDEO NASTY---Lionsgate/Seth Rogen horror movie about three teenagers who rent a VHS horror movie which sends them into a 1980s slasher movie.

IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOUNTAIN---Selena Gomez will star in this biomovie about Silvia Vasquez-Lavado, the first Peruvian woman to climb Mount Everest and the first lesbian to complete the Seven Summits challenge.

TRIVIA---in the remake of STAGECOACH (Ann-Margret, Bing Crosby), Norman Rockwell not only painted the cast portraits, but he also had a cameo as a man who tries to break up a saloon fight over Ann-Margret which gambler Mike Connors stops by pulling out his pistol.

STAGECOACH-PAINTINGS-FOTOR.jpg

STAGECOACH-ANN-MARGRET-FOTOR.jpg

STAGECOACH-ROCKWELL-FOTOR-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back