Movie/TV News (3 Viewers)

THURSDAY, APRIL 22

OXYGEN---trailer released for the Netflix thriller movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IqXgZd-P98

WEREWOLVES WITHIN---trailer released for the comedy werewolf movie based on the video game.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwpKlM7LbQ

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS---Netflix trailer released for Season 3.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_0vTlkLGOc

THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT---trailer released for the HBO Max horror sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PvbspVZ19I

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Maya Erskine (PEN15) will play an undisclosed supporting role in at least three episodes of the Disney+ miniseries.

OBI-WAN-KENOBI.jpg

HOW I MET YOUR FATHER---Hillary Duff will star in the Hulu spinoff series to HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER which might involve a new cast of characters.

HBO---HBO and HBO Max had big increases in new subscribers thanks to ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE and GODZILLA VS. KONG. There were almost 3 million new subscribers in the first quarter of 2021 which increased total subscribers to 44.2 million compared to 41.5 million in 2020.

MUPPET MAN---Jim Henson biomovie underway from Walt Disney and the Jim Henson Company.

JEOPARDY---LeVar Burton will be the guest host for Season 37.

FALLON FOX---biomovie underway about transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox.

TRIVIA---Robert Hays and Maureen McGovern appeared in the classic spoof movie AIRPLANE! Ironically, Hays got the AIRPLANE! role while he was starring in the ABC sitcom ANGIE whose hit theme song, "Different Worlds", was sung by McGovern.

Robert Hays was starring in the ABC sitcom ANGIE when he got the role of Ted Striker in AIRPLANE!

MAUREEN-Mc-GOVERN-ANGIE-FOTOR.jpg

MAUREEN-Mc-GOVERN-AIRPLANE-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Maureen McGovern sang the ANGIE hit theme "Different Worlds" when she got the role of Sister Angelina in AIRPLANE!

"Different Worlds" LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN2_84WWFZE

MAUREEN-Mc-GOVERN-AIRPLANE-1-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

FRIDAY, APRIL 23

DEXTER---trailer released for the revival miniseries.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbY03K-68Oo

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER---Russell Crowe announced he is playing Greek god Zeus in the sequel, "I'm gonna ride up to Disney Fox studios, and round about 9:15, I shall be Zeus. It's for Thor. It's my last day of Zeus-ing about and I'm going to enjoy it."

THOR-CROWE.jpg

INDIANA JONES 5---Thomas Kretschmann (GREYHOUND, AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON) has joined the sequel cast in an undisclosed role.

INDIANA-JONES-5.jpg

PARASITE---co-producer Adam McKay commented on the HBO series based on the South Korean movie, “It’s an original series. It’s in the same universe as the feature, but it’s an original story that lives in that same world.”

THE HAUNTED MANSION---Justin Simien is in negotiations to direct the Walt Disney movie based on the theme park attraction.

BOUNDLESS---Amazon Prime four-part tv miniseries underway about the 1519 voyage of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan and Spanish explorer Juan Sebastian Elcano to circumnavigate the globe to prove the Earth is not flat. Two replicas of the voyage's ships will be built, including the Trinidad, along with an existing replica of the Nao Victoria, the voyage's only surviving ship.

THE APOSTLE AND APOCHRYPHA--Paul Schrader said he and Martin Scorsese are working on another biblical project after THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST which will be a streaming tv series, "...Scorsese and I are planning something...it would be a three-year series about the origins of Christianity. It’s based on the Apostles and on the Apocrypha. It’s called THE APOSTLE AND APOCRYPHA. Because people sort of know the New Testament, but nobody knows the Apocrypha. And back in the first century, there was no New Testament, there’s just these stories. And some were true, and some weren’t, and some were forgeries.”

FASCINATING RHYTHM---movie musical underway inspired by the music of George Gershwin in which, “a young woman’s magical journey through past and present New York City.” John Carney is the director. Martin Scorsese is the co-producer.

SUPER HERO---Whoopi Goldberg said she is writing a movie script about an old black woman who acquires super powers.

TRIVIA---actress Monet Mazur co-stars on the CW tv series ALL AMERICAN. Her father is artist Ruby Mazur, who claims he designed the famous "mouth and tongue" logo for the Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger paid Monet $10,000 for the logo, but Mazur later asked Jagger to transfer the copyrights to him. When Jagger refused, Monet attempted to file a trademark infringement lawsuit, but was unsuccessful due to the statute of limitations. It is estimated that Mazur could have earned over $100 million had he owned the logo copyright.
When Jagger's girlfriend, L'Wren Scott committed suicide, Ruby Mazur commented, “I feel for [L’wren]. Had I not been as strong, with great friends, I might have hung myself too.
In the late ’80s, I was living in New York, going to the clubs and being introduced as the creator of the ‘mouth and tongue’ for the Stones, and then go home to my dumpy apartment. I was balls-off-my-*** broke, having created the most famous logo in the world."
Mazur added, “I tried to fill my apartment with gas. If it wasn’t [for] my brother calling me, I would have been where L’Wren was. When I hear [Mick] say ‘I’m her soul mate, [I say], ‘You’re full of s**t.’ If you were her soul mate, and she was $6 million in debt, what is that to Mick Jagger? Nothing!”
Jagger's representative replied, “This person made a business deal decades ago. How sad and contemptible that they would use this time of personal loss to gain attention.”

MONET-MAZUR-FOTOR.jpg

MONET-MAZUR-MICK-JAGGER.jpg

Credit must be given to Chris Hemsworth for his great role in bringing movie production and stars to Australia and creating plenty of jobs in the industry. Currently filming Thor here ( roles for Christian Bale, Matt Damon etc) and plenty of other movies going on. Hemsworth also got next Mad Max movie which will be produced here.

He might be a bit "woke" sometimes but he will deserve a medal for his job creation here.

MONDAY, APRIL 26

WEST SIDE STORY---trailer released for the Steven Spielberg remake movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUM27qw6a8

NINE PERFECT STRANGERS---trailer released for the Hulu miniseries starring Nicole Kidman.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4nwFSSTUZc

MASTERS OF THE AIR---director Cary Fukunaka posted a photo to announce that production has begun on the Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg/Apple TV+ miniseries based on the book about the Eighth Air Force in World War II.

MASTERS-OF-THE-AIR-FOTOR.jpg

SHE-HULK---photo from the Atlanta film set shows Tatania Maslani as Jennifer Walters.

SHE-HULK.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Andrew Lincoln commented on the status of the Rick Grimes movie, "We're very excited about how, at the first available opportunity, we're going to go into production – there's talk of it being spring. I can't wait to get those cowboy boots." Lincoln said he signed a contract to do more than one movie.

NCIS---CBS renewed NCIS: LOS ANGELES for Season 13 and ordered a new spinoff, NCIS: HAWAII, which be the first in the franchise with a female lead.

THE FEAR INDEX---Josh Hartnett will star in this four-part miniseries based on the novel about a computer genius and AI.

THE WALK---movie underway based on the novel about a Los Angeles network executive who has to walk home after the city is struck by a massive earthquake.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Eunice Gayson played Sylvia Trench in DR. NO, making her the first Bond Girl, and her conversation with James Bond led to Sean Connery's classic line, "Bond. James Bond." Originally, Gayson was supposed to play Miss Moneypenny, and Lois Maxwell was supposed to play Trench. However, Maxwell thought the Trench character was too sexy, and successfully lobbied for the Moneypenny role. Maxwell played Moneypenny in the first 14 James Bond movies.

Eunice Gayson played Sylvia Trench in DR. NO, making her the first Bond Girl, and her conversation with James Bond led to Sean Connery's classic line, "Bond. James Bond."

GAYSON-MAXWELL-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Originally, Gayson was supposed to play Miss Moneypenny, and Lois Maxwell was supposed to play Trench. However, Maxwell thought the Trench character was too sexy, and successfully lobbied for the Moneypenny role.

GAYSON-MAXWELL-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, APRIL 27

PETER RABBIT 2: THE RUNAWAY---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCR7-3cxL48

OSLO---trailer released for the HBO movie based on the play.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBiOmOQYCR4

THE TOMORROW WAR---photo released from the Amazon sci fi movie starring Chris Pratt in which soldiers and civilians travel to the future to save Earth from an alien invasion.

TOMORROW-WAR.jpg

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK: THE OFFICIAL STORY OF THE FILM---the book about the making of the classic John Carpenter movie will be released on September 28.

ESCAPE-FROM-NEW-YORK-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN 3---William Gibson's rejected script for ALIEN 3 will made into a novel by Pat Cadigan.

THE WAR ROOMS---Jenna Coleman will star in this tv series based on Joan Bright's World war II memoir about women working in Winston Churchill's secret Whitehall bunker. Bright was a friend of ian Fleming and supposedly an inspiration for Miss Moneypenny in the James Bond novels and movies.

WAR-ROOMS.jpg

ANOTHER ROUND---Leonardo DiCaprio is the producer and possibly the star of this remake of the Danish movie starring Mads Mikkelsen in which four teacher pals solve their midlife crisis through binge drinking.

THE ACADEMY AWARDS---the 93rd Academy Awards broadcast drew only 9.8 million viewers which is the lowest ever and was down 58% from the 2020 broadcast. Arnold Schwarzenegger said, “I only watched one-third because it was so boring. I basically just turned it off. I couldn’t watch it anymore because there was so much talent there on the stage, but it was so boring. How could they with all this talent make it so boring?”

TRIVIA---character actor Jeff Morris had two roles in which a tank played a prominent part in the plot. In THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The 7th Is Made Up Of Phantoms", Morris is a member of a National Guard unit whose M3A3 Stuart tank gets caught in a time warp and finds itself in The Battle of the Little Bighorn, commonly referred to as "Custer's Last Stand". In KELLY HEROES. Morris was part of a group of renegade soldiers and M4 Sherman tanks who rob a French bank that contains a horde of Nazi gold that is guarded by German Tiger tanks.

Jeff Morris (right) appeared in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The 7th Is Made Up of Phantoms" in which a National Guard M3A3 Stuart tank crew gets caught in a time warp and finds itself in the Battle of the Little Bighorn, commonly referred to as "Custer's Last Stand". Ironically, the M3A3 Stuart tank is referred to as an "M4" (Sherman) in the episode. Legendary character actor Warren Oates played the tank's gunner, Corporal Langsford.
The episode has an obvious plot hole where the tank's crew join Custer's embattled troops carrying only pistols and a carbine---but they leave their tank behind.

JEFFREY-MORRIS-1-B-FOTOR.jpg

JEFFREY-MORRIS-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

In KELLY'S HEROES, Morris (center) was part of a group of renegade soldiers and M4 Sherman tanks who rob a French bank that contains a horde of Nazi gold that is guarded by German Tiger tanks. Morris was part of an all-star cast that included Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas, Don Rickles and Carroll O'Connor.

JEFFREY-MORRIS-5-A-FOTOR.jpg

JEFFREY-MORRIS-3.jpg

JEFFREY-MORRIS-TIGER-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28

THE TOMORROW WAR---trailer released for the Amazon alien invasion movie starring Chris Pratt.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob4NC4D6zTU

SON OF KONG---Adam Wingard (GODZILLA VS. KONG) is in talks with Legendary Entertainment to direct the next MonsterVerse movie which may be titled SON OF KONG. The original SON OF KONG was a sequel to the classic 1933 KING KONG.

SON-OF-KONG-FOTOR.jpg

FANTASY ISLAND---Fox reboot underway of the ABC tv series that starred Ricardo Montalban. Roselyn Sanchez will play Elena Roarke, a descendant of Montalban's Mr. Roarke.

FANTASY-ISLAND-FOTOR.jpg

BEDROCK---Elizabeth Banks will star in this Fox/Warner Bros. Animation tv series underway that is a sequel to the 1960s animated tv series THE FLINTSTONES. The synopsis is, "BEDROCK catches up with the Flintstone family two decades after the original, with Fred on the brink of retirement and 20-something Pebbles embarking on her own career. As the Stone Age gives way to a shiny and enlightened new Bronze Age, the residents of Bedrock will find this evolution harder than a swing from Bamm-Bamm's club."

BEDROCK-FOTOR.jpg

THE BORROWERS---Universal Pictures live-action reboot of the 1997 movie starring John Goodman that was based on the fantasy novels.

PERCY JACKSON---author Rick Riordan confirmed casting is underway for the Disney+ tv series based on his books. The casting for the lead character is, "[PERCY JACKSON] Playing 12, male. A smart, compassionate kid, with a sharp sense of humor. He’s always seen himself as an outsider, in no small part because of how the world sees his ADHD and dyslexia. He’s no wallflower though. He’s impulsive and rambunctious, and is quick to anger when things seem unfair to him. Sarcasm is just another service he offers, but beneath his cynicism is an affectionate son and loyal friend who just wants to do right by those he cares about. If only he could find a place where he fits in."

THE WHITE HOUSE PLUMBERS---Domhnall Gleeson will play White House Counsel John Dean in this HBO miniseries about the Watergate scandal. Woody Harrelson and Justin Theroux also star.

WORLD OF DARKNESS---Eric Heisserer (ARRIVAL) is developing a movie/tv franchise based on the video game.

A COOL BREEZE ON THE UNDERGROUND---tv series underway based on the novels in which a private detective working for a secret bank that caters to wealthy clients seeks to find a senator's daughter who is disappeared into London's violent punk underground.

TRIVIA---in the crime thriller movie WITNESS, a Philadelphia police detective (Harrison Ford) must protect a young Amish boy (Lukas Haas) who was a witness to a murder by crooked cops. In the police station scene, a female police detective offers Haas a cookie. The female detective was played by Victoria Scott D'Angelo, who later became the second wife of legendary "Right Stuff" test pilot and ace, Chuck Yeager.
D'Angelo, who was an aspiring actress, got the WITNESS role while waiting for a train when she saw WITNESS was being filmed in the train station. She introduced herself to the film crew and got the small role of the female detective. She then headed to Hollywood where she unsuccessfully attempted to make it in the movies by sneaking into celebrity parties in hopes of making contacts. A LOS ANGELES TIMES article called her the "The Queen of the Wannabes".
Unable to become an actress, court records show D'Angelo apparently tried to make a living by filing over 30 small-claims lawsuits such as suing the phone company because of static on her phone calls and suing airlines for losing her luggage. After marrying Yeager, Yeager's children from his marriage to his first wife, Glennis, claimed D'Angelo was an "undue influence" on their father and was "fraudulent", "oppressive" and "malicious".
His daughter Susan sued her by claiming, "Ms. D'Angelo's larger scheme (is) to alienate Mr. Yeager from his family and acquire his estate for herself."
Yeager sided with his second wife saying, "They thought, when I die my money would be gifted out to them. When Victoria came into the picture, they knew it wasn't going to be that way. They saw all this money no longer going to them."
Yeager added: "It's not easy to sit here and watch the kids you raised turn on you and become predators".

In WITNESS, Victoria Scott D'Angelo played the female police detective who offered a cookie to Lukas Haas.

YEAGER-2-FOTOR.jpg

YEAGER-1-B-FOTOR-2.jpg

YEAGER-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

Chuck and Victoria Yeager in front of a replica of Yeager's record-breaking X-1 rocket plane, "Glamorous Glennis", that was named after Yeager's first wife.

YEAGER-6-C-FOTOR.jpg

Hopefully this trend continues next year. Used to be very interested in the Oscars but now have no interest whatsoever. I prefer awards based on merit rather than other criteria. Used to help that I might have seen a movie or was planning to.

"THE ACADEMY AWARDS---the 93rd Academy Awards broadcast drew only 9.8 million viewers which is the lowest ever and was down 58% from the 2020 broadcast. Arnold Schwarzenegger said, “I only watched one-third because it was so boring. I basically just turned it off. I couldn’t watch it anymore because there was so much talent there on the stage, but it was so boring. How could they with all this talent make it so boring?”

THURSDAY, APRIL 29

BLACK WIDOW---featurette released for the Marvel superhero movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJzsCGUp3Wc

SWEET TOOTH---trailer released for the Netflix series based on the DC comic book.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrBw0pbF11s

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor commented on using the Stagecraft technology used in THE MANDALORIAN for the Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries, “They project [the virtual backgrounds] onto this massive LED screen. So if you’re in a desert, you’re standing in the middle of a desert. If you’re in the snow, you’re surrounded by snow. And if you’re in a cockpit of a Starfighter, you’re in space. It’s going to feel so much more real.” He added that he is involved in, "two-and-a-half-hour sessions of sword fights and hand-to-hand stuff”.
McGregor also commented on appearing in the George Lucas prequel trilogy, “[George Lucas] wanted more and more control over what we see in the background. After three or four months of [being surrounded by blue screens], it just gets really tedious – especially when the scenes are… I don’t want to be rude, but it’s not Shakespeare. There’s not something to dig into in the dialogue that can satisfy you when there’s no environment there. It was quite hard to do.”
Also, Matt Lanter, voice of Anakin Skywalker in the animated tv series, said, “There’s some new Lucasfilm Animation going on. I’ve been a part of some things I can’t talk about yet. You’ll see Anakin again. I never quite put Anakin down, whether I’m doing a video game or something new for Lucasfilm Animation.”

OBI-WAN-KENOBI-FOTOR.jpg

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---photo from the HBO GAME OF THRONES prequel series shows Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen and Emma D'Arcy as Princess Rhaemora Targaryen.

HOUSE-OF-DRAGON-FOTOR.jpg

MEG 2: THE TRENCH---Jason Statham commented on the status of the sequel, “We’re gonna start shooting in January if I get my dates right. Ben Wheatley is the director. I’m very excited to work with him. I’m thrilled to get going. It’s been a while. We’ve been waiting around for the right scripts to come in and the right director to turn up, and we’ve got all those things, and they’re all stacked up now.”
He added, “[Wheatley’s] great. We have a great shorthand already. We’ve got similar taste. I like his movies. I think he’s a brilliant director. I think we’ve got a good shot at making something good.”

MEG-FOTOR.jpg

FACING THE MOUNTAIN---tv miniseries underway based on the upcoming book about the 442nd Infantry Regiment, composed of Japanese American soldiers, in World War II.

MEET ME IN ANOTHER LIFE---Gal Gadot will star in the movie based on the novel about two strangers who continue to meet each in different lives and realities.

THE WONDER---Florence Pugh will star in this movie based on the novel set in 1859 Ireland where an English nurse investigates a miracle in which an 11 year-old Irish girl has survived without eating for months.

TRIVIA---character actor Stanley Adams is perhaps best known for playing Cyrano Jones in the classic STAR TREK episode "The Trouble With Tribbles". Adams also co-wrote the STAR TREK episode "The Mark Of Gideon" in which an over-populated alien race kidnaps Captain Kirk.
Adams was unhappy about how "The Mark of Gideon" turned out, "My son says, 'Dad, you're in a position to really say something about the overpopulation problem.' He stood over my shoulder while I wrote around the beehive society..."[My son] sees the TV version. He says, 'What did they do?!' But they do it to you. When you write for TV, there's an old expression: 'Take the money and run.'"

Character actor Stanley Adams is perhaps best known for playing Cyrano Jones in the classic STAR TREK episode "The Trouble With Tribbles".

STANLEY-ADAMS-TRIBBLES-2-FOTOR.jpg

Adams also co-wrote the STAR TREK episode "The Mark Of Gideon" in which an over-populated alien race kidnaps Captain Kirk.

STANLEY-ADAMS-MARK-GIDEON-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, APRIL 30

WRATH OF MAN---Red Band trailer released for the Jason Statham action movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1kO8m2Nik

LITTLE BIRDS---trailer released for the STARZ erotic miniseries starring Juno Temple.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J4PhqXpQNk

CRIMES OF THE FUTURE---Viggo Mortensen, Lea Seydoux and Kristen Stewart will star in this David Cronenberg movie. The synopsis says, "CRIMES OF THE FUTURE will take a deep dive into the not-so-distant future where humankind is learning to adapt to its synthetic surroundings. This evolution moves humans beyond their natural state and into a metamorphosis, altering their biological makeup. While some embrace the limitless potential of trans-humanism, others attempt to police it. Either way, “Accelerated Evolution Syndrome” is spreading fast.
Saul Tenser is a beloved performance artist who has embraced Accelerated Evolution Syndrome, sprouting new and unexpected organs in his body. Along with his partner Caprice, Tenser has turned the removal of these organs into a spectacle for his loyal followers to marvel at in real-time theatre. But with both the government and a strange subculture taking note, Tenser is forced to consider what would be his most shocking performance of all."
The movie is not related to Cronenberg's 1970 movie with the same title.

CRIMES-OF-FUTURE.jpg

THE WHITE HOUSE PLUMBERS---Lena Headey will play E. Howard Hunt's wife, Dorothy, in the HBO miniseries about the Watergate scandal.

THE STAIRCASE---Colin Firth and Toni Collette will star in this HBO Max miniseries about the well-publicized trial of bisexual novelist Michael Peterson, who was convicted of murdering his corporate executive wife although he maintained she died after accidentally falling down the stairs.

THE UNDECLARED WAR---Mark Rylance and Simon Pegg will star in this Peacock six-part miniseries set in 2024 England where a spy agency battles a massive cyber-attack against the election in which England might elect its first black prime minister.

LOU---Jurnee Smollett and Allison Janney will star in this movie about a mother and her mysterious neighbor who team up to rescue her kidnapped daughter in the wilderness.

SOUL ASSASSIN---Bruce Willis will star in this movie about a woman's husband who was killed in a military experiment and his place is taken by a retired special ops soldier.

CLEOPATRA JONES---remake underway of the 1973 movie about a black supermodel who goes undercover to battle drug dealers.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE---Noah Centineo has left the movie with no reason given.

INVINCIBLE---Amazon renewed the series for two more seasons.

THE DUCHESS---Netflix cancelled the series.

NOEL CLARKE---the British actor (DOCTOR WHO) was stripped of his BAFTA award after over 20 women accused him of sexual harassment and groping. Clarke reportedly taped a co-star's nude audition and showed it to other people. His accusers included actresses, producers and interns.

TRIVIA---in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, Laurence Olivier had agreed to play the Grail Knight, but due to health problems, he was unable to play the role. He was replaced by Robert Eddison.

LAURENCE-OLIVIER-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MAY 3

1899---trailer released for the Netflix horror series set on a ship.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soj6bA35ABk

STAR TREK: PICARD---John de Lancie commented on returning as Q, “Q is coming back. As a matter of fact, for the last two weeks I have been filming on Picard and really annoying Picard – really annoying him. [laughs] Patrick was delighted to see me for the first couple of days and after a couple of more days of really annoying scenes, he said, ‘SO, how many episodes are you doing?’ In other words, ‘When are you going to get out of my face?’ And the answer is six episodes. I think they are going to be coming out – actually, I don’t know. But we are shooting season two and three all at the same time right now.”

STAR-TREK-Q-1.jpg

TWILIGHT OF THE DEAD---movie underway based on the treatment for George A. Romero's fifth and last movie in the zombie franchise. The treatment was written by Romero and Paolo Zelati, who said, “Everything started with my question to him: ‘Where do the zombies go at the end of LAND OF THE DEAD?’ It is no secret that DIARY and SURVIVAL were not the way he envisioned the series ending, and George knew it very well. TWILIGHT OF THE DEAD was his goodbye to the genre he created and wanted to go out with a powerful film.”
Romero's wife, Suzanne, said: “I gave him my full blessing as long as I could be there every step of the way for it to remain true to George’s vision. We had a solid treatment and the beginning of the script. I can 100% say that George would be incredibly happy to see this continue. He wanted this to be his final stamp on the zombie genre…. while someone else will carry the torch as the director, it is very much a George A. Romero film.”

MIDNIGHT IN THE SWITCHGRASS---synopsis and photo released from the movie starring Bruce Willis, Megan Fox and Emile Hirsch, “While in Florida on another case, FBI agents Helter (Willis) and Lombardi (Fox) cross paths with state cop Crawford (Hirsch), who’s investigating a string of female murders that appear to be related. But when Lombardi herself is kidnapped, it’s a race against time before she becomes the serial killer’s next victim.”

MIDNIGHT-IN-THE-SWITCHGRASS.jpg

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Marvel announced the CAPTAIN AMERICA sequel title is THE MARVELS. The other sequel title is BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER.

LIGHTYEARS---Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons will star in this Amazon sci fi series described as, “The series follows Irene (Spacek) and Franklin (Simmons) York, a couple who years ago discovered a chamber buried in their backyard which inexplicably leads to a strange, deserted planet. They’ve carefully guarded their secret ever since, but when an enigmatic young man enters their lives, the Yorks’ quiet existence is quickly upended and the mysterious chamber they thought they knew so well turns out to be much more than they could ever have imagined.” Simmons replaced Ed O'Neill who left for personal reasons.

NIGHT COURT---NBC reboot of the 1984 sitcom is underway with John Larroquette returning as prosecutor Dan Fielding. Melinda Rauche will play Judge Abby Stone, daughter of Judge Harry Stone (Harry Anderson).

NCIS: HAWAII---Vanessa Lachey will play Jane Tennant, “the first female Special Agent in Charge of NCIS Pearl Harbor".

NBC---NBC renewed YOUNG ROCK and KENAN.

In GOLDFINGER, Gert Frobe played Bond Villain Auric Goldfinger. In THUNDERBALL, Claudine Auger played Bond Girl Dominique Derval. Frobe and Auger later co-starred in TRIPLE CROSS, the biomovie about World War II MI5 double agent Eddie Chapman. TRIPLE CROSS was directed by Terence Young, who also directed THUNDERBALL, DR. NO and FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

In GOLDFINGER, Gert Frobe played Bond Villain Auric Goldfinger.

THUNDERBALL-GERT-FROBE-GOLDFINGER-FOTOR.jpg

In THUNDERBALL, Claudine Auger played Bond Girl Dominique Derval.

THUNDERBALL-CLAUDINE-AUGER-FOTOR.jpg

IN TRIPLE CROSS, Gert Frobe played Colonel Steinhager.

THUNDERBALL-GERT-FROBE-TRILPECROSS-FOTOR-2.jpg

In TRIPLE CROSS, Claudine Auger played Paulette.

THUNDERBALL-CLAUDINE-AUGER-TRIPLE-CROSS-FOTOR.jpg

TRIPLE CROSS was directed by Terence Young, who also directed THUNDERBALL, DR. NO and FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

THUNDERBALL-TERENCE-YOUNG-FOTOR-1.jpg

TUESDAY, MAY 4

LOKI---trailer released for the Disney+/Marvel tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YjpodWi298

THE MISFITS---trailer released for the heist movie starring Pierce Brosnan.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ENPX9NpT4

ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT---photo released from the Netflix World War I movie starring Daniel Bruhl that is based on the novel.

ALL-QUIET-ON-WESTERN-FRONT-FOTOR.jpg

DON'T BREATHE 2---photo released of Stephen Lang in the sequel where the blind man must rescue an orphaned girl he was raising in a remote cabin after she is taken by kidnappers.

DON-T-BREATHE-2-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---Andrew Garfield commented on the rumors that he is returning for the sequel, “There’s nothing to ruin! … Listen, I can’t speak for anyone else but for myself. Like, they might be doing something. But I ain’t got a call. … I did not get a call. Listen, I would have gotten a call by now, that’s all I’m saying.”

THE FORTRESS---Bruce Willis, Chad Michael Murray and Jesse Metcalf will star in this proposed movie trilogy about a secret resort for retired US intelligence officers that is attacked by a group of criminals.

LOVE AND DEATH---Elizabeth Olsen will star in this HBO Max miniseries based on the book about Texan Candy Montgomery, who axed her best friend, Betty Gore, to death in 1980. Hulu also is developing a similar miniseries, CANDY, staring Elisabeth Moss.

TOXIC AVENGER---Taylour Paige will play the female lead in the reboot of the cult horror movie that stars Peter Dinklage.

KUNG FU---CW renewed the series for Season 2.

MAYANS M.C,---FX renewed the series for Season 4.

RUN THE WORLD---Rosie O'Donnell will star in this STARZ comedy described about a, “brash, foul-mouthed therapist that challenges the women to take ownership of their actions and acquire new tools for problem-solving.”

TRIVIA---character actor Dan Duryea co-starred in two movies about a multinational group of men trying to survive after being stranded in the Libyan desert. In the World War II movie SAHARA, Duryea played a crewman in an M3 Lee tank commanded by Humphrey Bogart as they lead a group of men from different countries, stranded after the fall of Tobruk, across the Libyan desert while they are pursued by the German Afrika Korps. In THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX, Duryea is among a group of multinational passengers on a C-82 Packet cargo plane flown by Jimmy Stuart that crashes in the Libyan desert where they are stranded with no hopes of being rescued.

In the World War II movie SAHARA, Duryea (top) played a crewman in an M3 Lee tank commanded by Humphrey Bogart (left) as they lead a group of men from different countries, stranded after the fall of Tobruk, across the Libyan desert while they are pursued by the German Afrika Korps.

DAN-DURYEA-SAHARA-3-FOTOR.jpg

DAN-DURYEA-SAHARA-5-C-FOTOR.jpg

In THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX, Duryea (center) is among a group of multinational passengers on a C-82 Packet cargo plane flown by Jimmy Stuart (right) that crashes in the Libyan desert where they are stranded with no hopes of being rescued. Out of desperation, the survivors build a new airplane, the Phoenix, out of the C-82's wreckage.

DAN-DURYEA-FLIGHT-PHOENIX-3-FOTOR.jpg

DAN-DURYEA-FLIGHT-PHOENIX-5-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MAY 5

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---photos released from the HBO GAME OF THRONES prequel series with Emma D'Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower and Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower.

h-OUSE-OF-THE-DRAGON-1-FOTOR.jpg

h-OUSE-OF-THE-DRAGON-2-FOTOR.jpg

SUPERMAN---Warner Bros. is reportedly looking for a black actor and a black director for the upcoming JJ Abrams reboot movie that will introduce a black Superman. Michael B. Jordan commented on rumors that he will play the role, "You hear the whispers and the rumors and stuff like that and it’s just a compliment. You know, I appreciate people that think about me in that type of way for these roles. I don’t really have anything more to give on that other than it’s just flattering and I appreciate it. But, you know, whoever they get or if it goes that way, I think it’ll be an interesting thing to see."
He added, "I don’t know. I don’t really know what is going with that in particular, but I think everybody’s want and desire to see Black leads in heroic roles I think is really, really important. Representation is important."

SUPERMAN.jpg

INDIANA JONES 5---Mads Mikkelsen commented on appearing in the sequel, “I’m very, very excited about it… I rewatched RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK the other day, it is so well-done and so charming, and it’s such great storytelling. So yes it’s a great honor to be part of that franchise that I grew up with… I’m in a lucky position where they let me read the script before. And yes, it was everything I wished it to be, so that was just great.”

INDIANA-JONES-1.jpg

ARMY OF THE DEAD---the Zack Snyder zombie movie will be released in Cinemark theaters on May 14 and on Netflix on May 21.

THE FLASH---Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes are leaving the series after Season 7.

FINDING THE MOTHER TREE---Amy Adams will star in the movie based on the book which is described as, “a dazzling scientific detective story about the woman who first discovered how trees communicate underground through an immense web of fungi.”

MONOGAMY---Holly Hunter is in negotiations to star in the movie based on the novel.

ON CALL---IMDB TV/Dick Wolf cop series underway about two cops fighting crime in Long Beach, California.

THE IRREGULARS---Netflix cancelled the series.

BIG SKY---ABC renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY, four of the stars are Canadian: William Shatner (Montreal), Christopher Plummer (Toronto), James Doohan (Vancouver) and Kim Cattrall (born in England but was three months old when her family moved to Courtenay, British Columbia).

STAR-TREK-VI-1-B-FOTOR-2.jpg

STAR-TREK-VI-2-C-FOTOR-2.jpg

THURSDAY, MAY 6

A QUIET PLACE PART II---new trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpdDN9d9Jio

STRANGER THINGS---trailer released for Season 4.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwLN6hV-X8&t=8s

AWAKE---trailer released for the Netflix disaster movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuowcxdrYc

STAR WARS DAY---to celebrate Star Wars Day, Amblin released an undated photo of Steven Spielberg in a Darth Vader costume and later posted to Mark Hamill, "Luke I could have been your father."

STAR-WARS-DAY-2.jpg

STAR WARS---Zack Snyder commented on possibly directing a STAR WARS movie, “Where it gets difficult is when you take a director with a personal point of view and ask him to participate in a thing that is not asking for that,” Snyder said. “The journeyman filmmaker? There are a lot of them, and they’re good. I just happen to have a specific point of view.”
He added, “The lesson I’ve learned is it’s much easier for me, as a filmmaker, to create a world and invite you into it. As opposed to me saying, ‘Let me put my cog in your wheel.’ Like, I would love to make a STAR WARS movie. I know a lot about it…but I don’t think I would survive that.”

SUPERMAN---the Warner Bros/JJ Abrams black reboot movie will be written by Ta-Nehisi Coates and is not connected to the Henry Cavill Superman or other DC movie universes. THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER wrote, "Sources tell THR that Coates is crafting a Kal-El in the vein of the original Superman comics and will have the protagonist hail from Krypton and come to Earth. While the story is currently being crafted and many details could change, one option under consideration is for the film to be a 20th century period piece."

LADY KILLER--Blake Lively will star in the Netflix movie based on the comic book about a 1950s housewife who is really an assassin.

RENFIELD---Robert Kirkman commented on the Universal Pictures comedy vampire movie based on his idea, “We’re doing this cool movie for Universal that’s a focus on Renfield. It’s a story about him being Dracula’s henchman and how *****ty a job that is. It’s a fun, extremely violent comedy because I’ve got a crutch, and it’s violence.”

TRUE LOVE---John David Washington (TENET) will star in this Gareth Edwards sci fi movie, but no plot details were released.

SUCCESSION---Adrien Brody will play billionaire inventor Josh Aaronson who gets involved in the battle for Waystar in Season 3.

TRIVIA---Steven Spielberg wanted Richard Dreyfuss to play Roy Neary in CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, but Columbia Pictures balked at his demand of $500,000 and a percentage of the box office gross. The role was then turned down by Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson and Gene Hackman. After James Caan wanted $1 million and 10% of the gross, Columbia realized Dreyfuss was a a bargain and approved his hiring.

CLOSE-ENCOUNTERS.jpg

FRIDAY, MAY 7

ARMY OF THE DEAD---featurette released for the Zack Snyder zombie movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kXb-f58khE

THE AMUSEMENT PARK---trailer released for the Shudder recently-completed George Romero movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLw_CYP02lg&t=19s

MUPPETS HAUNTED MANSION---trailer released for the Disney+ Muppets special.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNELl7SlnEQ

ANDOR---photos from the film set of the ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY prequel series shows Diego Luna returning as Cassian Andor and Shoretroopers from ROGUE ONE.

ANDOR-1-FOTOR.jpg

ANDOR-2-FOTOR.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Jeffrey Dean Morgan hinted Negan may return after the series ends, “It’s going to be the end of Negan as we know him on THE WALKING DEAD, but we may see Negan down the line somewhere else.”

UNKNOWN---Amazon/Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy horror anthology series underway. Season 1 will be about the Texas Killing Fields where 30 bodies, mostly women and girls, were dumped.

SECRET HEADQUARTERS---Owen Wilson will star in this Paramount Pictures comedy movie about a boy who discovers a superhero's headquarters under his home and teams up with his friends to defend it when villains attack.

HELLO TOMORROW!---Billy Crudup will star in this Apple TV+ comedy series about a man who sells lunar timeshares.

GREY'S ANATOMY---Season 17 will be the last season for Jesse Williams.

TRIVIA---in THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK, writer David Koepp is appropriately listed in the end credits as "unlucky bastard" when he tries to escape the rampaging Tyrannosaurus Rex by running into a video store and is grabbed by the dinosaur which devours him behind a car.

LOST-WORLD-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

LOST-WORLD-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

LOST-WORLD-2-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MAY 10

VENOM 2: LET THERE BE CARNAGE---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLSyP0Df1o

FATHERHOOD---trailer released for the Netflix comedy movie starring Kevin Hart.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3mwUEoZdrI

BLACK WIDOW---Marvel Studios released character posters and the synopsis for the Scarlett Johansson superhero movie, "Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger. Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow, Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour portrays Alexei/The Red Guardian, and Rachel Weisz is Melina. The feature film is directed by Cate Shortland and produced by Kevin Feige, Black Widow—the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

BLACK-WIDOW-1-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK-WIDOW-2-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK-WIDOW-3-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK-WIDOW-4-FOTOR.jpg

PAM & TOMMY---photos of Lily James and Sebastian Stan starring in the Hulu miniseries about the honeymoon sex tape of Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee being stolen and leaked to the public.

PAM-TOMMY-FOTOR.jpg

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Mickey Rourke, who co-starred in IRON MAN 2, praised LAW & ORDER: SVU and took a shot at Marvel movies.

MICKEY-ROURKE-2.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE---Gal Gadot gave additional details on Joss Whedon's inappropriate behavior after replacing Zack Snyder, “I had my issues with Joss and I handled it. He threatened my career and said that if ill do something he will make sure my career is miserable and I took care of it on the spot” Gad said earlier she reported Whedon's behavior to studio executives. Gadot also said Whedon made negative comments about Patty Jenkins, who directed Gadot in WONDER WOMAN.
Gadot, who co-starred with Armie Hammer in DEATH ON THE NILE, commented on sexual allegations about Hammer, “It’s very complex. If the truth is that he did things [alleged of him], then a person has to pay the price for his actions and take responsibility. I don’t know what will happen.”

BORDERLANDS---Penn Gillette will play a preacher at a wedding where a fights breaks out and he ends up in a paddywagon with Kevin Hart. Cate Blanchett, Jamie Lee Curtis, Gina Gershon and Jack Black also star in the movie based on the video game.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE---billionaire Elon Musk as the host had the third highest ratings of the season.

Sheena Easton was chosen to sing the theme for FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. Title designer Maurice Binder, impressed by Easton's beauty, chose her to sing the song in the opening credits making her the only singer to appear in a James Bond movie's opening credits. To prevent her from moving while extreme close-ups were filmed which would cause blurring, Binder used a steel clamp to keep her head still. The clamp's tongs were hidden in her hair and the support was concealed behind her back. Easton said, "It was the most painful thing I've ever worn. But he got my face, in 70 millimeter."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNksLL0sv4

SHEENA-EASTON-1-A-FOTOR-1.jpg

TUESDAY, MAY 11

STILLWATER---trailer released for the movie starring Matt Damon.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5YXDUgxaKU

LISEY'S STORY---trailer released for the Apple TV+ miniseries based on the Stephen King novel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqcI0kk-Cts

THE GREAT WAR OF ARCHIMEDES---trailer released for the Japanese World War II movie about the super battleship Yamato.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huEKvvgycUA

SOLOS---trailer released for the Amazon anthology series starring Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIAIE8BBHE&t=50s

THE GREEN KNIGHT---trailer released for the movie starring Dev Patel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6ksY8xWCY&t=40s

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON---photo released from the Martin Scorsese/Apple TV movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro which a serial killer terrorizes the oil-wealthy Osage Nation in 1920s Oklahoma.

KILLERS-OF-FLOWER-MOON-FOTOR.jpg

ZACK SNYDER---Snyder commented on the Restore the SnyderVerse fan movement to restore all of Snyder's movies, "Warner Bros. has been aggressively anti-Snyder if you will. What can I say? Clearly, they're not interested in my take. But I would also say that they certainly weren't interested in — I would have said originally — in my take on Justice League. They certainly made decisions about that."
I love the characters, and I love the worlds, and I think it's an amazing place to make a movie. It's glorious IP. So there's that. I don't know what could be done as you go forward other than I think the fan movement is so strong, and the fan community, [their] intention is so pure, and I really have this huge respect for it. I would hope that cooler heads would prevail with [the studio] and they would see that there's this massive fandom that wants more of that. But who knows what they'll do?"

KNIVES OUT 2---Dave Bautista will co-star in an undisclosed role with Daniel Craig in the sequel.

SHINING GIRLS---Elisabeth Moss, Wagner Moura and Jamie Bell will star in this Apple tv series based on the novel about a reporter who pursues the man who tried to kill her.

GREY''S ANATOMY---ABC renewed the series for Season 18 and STATION 19 for Season 5.

THE GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS---Tom Cruise has reportedly returned his three Golden Globe Awards to protest the Hollywood Foreign Press Association not having any black members. NBC announced it will not broadcast the awards ceremony.

TRIVIA---actors James Cromwell and Ron Rifkin and composer Jerry Goldsmith's score were in two movies based on novels. In L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, based on the James Ellroy novel, Cromwell played Captain Dudley Smith and Rifkin played District Attorney Ellis Loew. Goldsmith's score was nominated for an Academy Award. In THE SUM OF ALL FEARS, based on the Tom Clancy novel, Cromwell played President Robert Fowler and Rifkin played Secretary of State Sidney Owens.

In L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, based on the James Ellroy novel, James Cromwell (right) played Captain Dudley Smith.

LA-CONFIDENTIAL-CROMWELL-1-B-FOTOR-2.jpg

Ron Rifkin (right) played District Attorney Ellis Loew.

LA-CONFIDENTIAL-RIFKIN-1-B-FOTOR-2.jpg

Jerry Goldsmith's score was nominated for an Academy Award.

L.A. CONFIDENTIAL LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmI0ArbI5RA&t=23s

In THE SUM OF ALL FEARS, based on the Tom Clancy novel, James Cromwell played President Robert Fowler.

LA-CONFIDENTIAL-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

Ron Rifkin played Secretary of State Sidney Owens.

LA-CONFIDENTIAL-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

THE SUM OF ALL FEARS LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e009GNg6vVM&t=14s

WEDNESDAY, MAY 12

THE PROTEGE---trailer released for the female assassin movie starring Samuel L. Jackson, Maggie Q and Michael Keaton.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBJ9_sG2cDk

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor said filming on the miniseries has begun, “It feels great. I have to say I’m having a really, really good time. The costume is probably slightly different than you might expect. But to go back into the role, shall we say, is great. It’s all still there. It feels great. There are some great scripts and great people to work with. It’s great. I’m having a good time.”
He added that he filmed a scene with someone he has never appeared with before, “I got to play a very special scene on May the fourth with someone very special in my life, and that’s all I can tell you about it.”

OBI-WAN-KENOBI-FOTOR.jpg

THE MANDALORIAN---Lucasfilm fired Gina Carano after she posted controversial comments, but Walt Disney released a poster which promotes THE MANDALORIAN actors for an Emmy which includes Carano for the Best Supporting Actress category.

MANDALORIAN-FOTOR.jpg

LOKI---Marvel Studios released a poster for the Disney+ tv series starring Tom Hiddleston.

LOKI-2.jpg

THE ENGLISH---Emily Blunt, Chaske Spencer, Ciaran Hinds, Rafe Spell, Stephen Rea and Toby Jones star in this BBC/Amazon miniseries about an Englishwoman who travels to the wild West and teams up with an ex-cavalry scout to seek revenge on the man who killed her son.

ESPIONAGE---Kiefer Sutherland will star in this untitled Paramount+ tv series described as, "Private espionage operative James Weir (Sutherland) who is in the midst of a battle over the preservation of democracy in a world at odds with misinformation, behavioral manipulation, the surveillance state and the interests that control the extraordinary powers."

KNIVES OUT 2---Edward Norton is in negotiations to join the sequel cast.

BITTER ROOT---movie underway based on the comic book with Regina King as the director.

BODIES, BODIES, BODIES---Lee Pace and Maria Bakalova will star in this slasher movie, but no plot details were released.

LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN JUNGLE---CW revival of the Nickelodeon game show is underway.

TRIVIA---Kevin Spacey played President Frank Underwood in HOUSE OF CARDS, but he almost played the President years earlier in INDEPENDENCE DAY. Producer/writer Dean Devlin was Spacey's friend in high school and wanted him to play President Thomas Whitmore in Devlin's hit sci fi movie. However, Devlin said a 20th Century Fox executive rejected Spacey for the role, "We literally had an argument and the executive, who's no longer there, said he just didn't think Kevin Spacey was a movie star." This forced Devlin to rewrite the role for Bill Pullman.

Kevin Spacey played President Frank Underwood in HOUSE OF CARDS, but he almost played the President years earlier in INDEPENDENCE DAY. Producer/writer Dean Devlin was Spacey's friend in high school and wanted him to play President Thomas Whitmore in Devlin's hit sci fi movie.

INDEPENDENCE-DAY-KEVIN-SPACEY-FOTOR-2.jpg

Devlin said a 20th Century Fox executive rejected Spacey for the role, "We literally had an argument and the executive, who's no longer there, said he just didn't think Kevin Spacey was a movie star." This forced Devlin to rewrite the role for Bill Pullman.

INDEPENDENCE-DAY-BILL-PULLMAN-4-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MAY 13

HITMAN'S WIFE'S BODYGUARD---new trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyT7Uu1BalA

ENOLA HOLMES 2---Netflix announced that the sequel is underway, "The sequel is afoot! The adventure continues as Millie Bobby Brown & Henry Cavill return to the world of ENOLA HOLMES, reteaming with director Harry Bradbeer & writer Jack Thorne on a second film based on Nancy Springer’s book series about Sherlock Holmes’ brilliant sister."

ENOLA-HOLMES.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR---Emily Blunt commented on rumors she will play Sue Storm and her husband, Jon Krasinski, will play Reed Richards in the reboot movie, “No one has received a phone call. That’s just people saying, ‘Wouldn’t that be great?'”
Blunt, who was supposed to play Black Widow in IRON MAN 2, but dropped out due to a schedule problem, commented on superhero movies, “I wanted to work with Robert Downey Jr. It would’ve been amazing. But I don’t know if superhero movies are for me. They’re not up my alley. I don’t like them. I really don’t."

FANTASTIC-FOUR.jpg

STAR TREK: PICARD---Gates McFadden commented on if she will return as Dr. Beverly Crusher on PICARD, "That, you've got to ask Patrick, he's the one who's going to decide. It would be great. It would be fun, but who knows."
McFadden also commented on the question she hates to answer most---why Picard and Crusher never became a couple, "I guess it’s about, you know, what happened to Crusher and Picard. Probably that sort of thing. Because it wasn’t up to me. Ask that to Patrick, ask that to the producers, but I’m not the one you should ask about it because I really can’t say anything. I know we have a great chemistry, and he’s fantastic. So it really depends on what the studio wants and what he’s hoping for his character, and that’s just the way of the biz, you know?"

SUPERMAN---Zack Snyder commented on the Warner Bros./JJ Abrams black Superman movie by saying it is, “a bold and cool and probably long overdue move." However, Snyder added that Henry Cavill is his favorite Superman, “...he is my Superman.”

THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH---Frances McDormand and Denzel Washington star in this Joel Coen/Apple TV+ movie based on the Shakespeare play.

THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW---the upcoming Season 19 will be the last season. DeGeneres commented on accusations by ex-employees about her toxic behavior, "I really didn’t understand it. I still don’t understand it. It was too orchestrated. It was too coordinated. People get picked on, but for four months straight for me. And then for me to read in the press about a toxic work environment, when all I’ve ever heard from every guest that comes on the show is what a happy atmosphere this is and what a happy place this is."

TOP GUN: MAVERICK---Rick Rossovich, who played "Slider" in the original movie, hinted he may appear in MAVERICK, “...who knows, [Slider] might show up in the sequel. Maybe, I don't know. Maybe it's a secret. We'll see. If not, get the VHS."

TRIVIA---British actor Ralph Bates played Victor Frankenstein in Hammer Films' THE HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN and Dr. Henry Jekyll in Hammer's DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE. His parents were both psychiatrists, and he is the great-great-grandson of Louis Pasteur, the "father of microbiology".

Ralph Bates played Victor Frankenstein in Hammer Films' THE HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN (The Monster was played by David Prowse, who later played Darth Vader).

RALPH-BATES-FRANKENSTEIN-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Bates played Dr. Henry Jekyll in Hammer Films' DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE (Sister Hyde was played by Martine Beswick, who appeared in the James Bond movies THUNDERBALL and FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE).

RALPH-BATES-SISTER-HYDE-1-FOTOR.jpg

Bates is the great-great-grandson of Louis Pasteur, the "father of microbiology".

RALPH-BATES-LOUIS-PASTEUR-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MAY 14

BOSCH---trailer released for the last season.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9T4GZxY3Cs

FRIENDS---trailer released for the HBO Max special.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MedRN92V6lE

INDIANA JONES 5---Boyd Holbrook (THE PREDATOR) and Shaunette Renee Wilson (THE RESIDENT) have joined the sequel cast in undisclosed roles.

INDIANA-JONES-FOTOR.jpg

SNAKE EYES---photo released of the G.I. JOE spinoff movie with Henry Golding training with his Morning Light sword.

SNAKE-EYES-1.jpg

KATE---photo released from the Netflix movie starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead as a female assassin poisoned on a mission in Tokyo and has 24 hours to find who poisoned her.

KATE-1-FOTOR.jpg

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Charlotte Brandstrom (THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, THE WITCHER) will direct two episodes of the Amazon prequel series.

PSYCH 3: THIS IS GUS---the Peacock tv movie is involves Groomzilla Gus marrying Selene and their child with Shawn and Gus searching for Selene's estranged husband.

ULTRAMAN---Netflix animated movie underway based on the Japanese superhero.

TRIVIA---in AIRPLANE!, Elaine is greeted by a religious zealot played by Gregory Itzin. Itzin later became known for playing corrupt President Charles Logan on 24.

AIRPLANE-1-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPLANE-2-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPLANE-3-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MAY 17

LOKI---trailer released for the Disney+/Marvel tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_hzOYHNOaU

SNAKE EYES---trailer released for the ninja movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOzewsswtGM

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke commented on the $465 million budget for Season 1 of the prequel series, “This is a full season of a huge world-building show. The number is a sexy headline or a crazy headline that’s fun to click on, but that is really building the infrastructure of what will sustain the whole series. But it is a crazy world and various people on this Zoom, mostly Bela and me, have been in bidding situations where it starts to go incredibly high.
There’s a lot of wooing and we have to make decisions on where we want to stretch and where we want to draw the line. As for how many people need to watch LORD OF THE RINGS? A lot. (Laughs.) A giant, global audience needs to show up to it as appointment television, and we are pretty confident that that will happen.”

PAM & TOMMY---photo from the Hulu miniseries shows Lily James as Pamela Anderson in BAYWATCH and tells the story of the theft of the honeymoon sex tape of Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee.

PAM-TOMMY-2-FOTOR.jpg

PARADISE CITY---Bruce Willis and John Travolta will star in this movie about a bounty hunter who seeks revenge on the Hawaiian mobster who murdered his father.

PARADISE-CITY-FOTOR.jpg

THE NORTHMAN---Robert Eggers (THE LIGHTHOUSE) is the co-writer/director of this movie described as, "an epic revenge thriller that explores how far a Viking prince will go to seek justice for his murdered father."

UFO---untitled HBO Max/New Line movie underway about two top military officials who help publicize the Pentagon's recent top secret UFO videos.

BILLY THE KID---Tom Blyth will star in this Epix miniseries about the younger days of Billy the Kid. Michael Hirst (VIKINGS) is the writer.

DJANGO---Noomi Rapace will co-star with Matthias Schoenaerts in this tv series remake of the 1966 spaghetti Western.

CBS---the network cancelled ALL RISE and THE UNICORN. It renewed UNITED STATES OF AL and B POSITIVE.

THE CONNERS---ABC renewed the series for Season 4.

GOOD SAM---Sophia Bush and Jason Isaacs will star in this CBS medical series described as, "Sophia Bush will star as talented, but stifled, surgeon Sam Griffith, who embraces her leadership role after her boss falls into a coma. However, when he awakens and wants to resume surgery, it falls to her to supervise the person who never acknowledged her talents -- and who also just happens to be her father."

365 DAYS---Netflix is developing two sequels with Michele Morrone and Anna-Maria Sieklucka returning.

THE GAME---Paramount+ revival series underway with Wendy Raquel Robinson and Hosea Chanchez returning.

TRIVIA---Ray Harryhausen's classic JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS involved the quest for the precious Golden Fleece, and four actors from the movie appeared in James Bond movies in which precious valuables were also sought. In JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, Honor Blackman played Hera, Laurence Naismith played Argus, Douglas Wilmer played Pelias and Jack Gwillim played King Aeetes.
In GOLDFINGER, Honor Blackman played Pussy Galore, who helped James Bond foil the plot to irradiate the gold reserves in Fort Knox. In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Laurence Naismith played Sir Donald Munger, who sent James Bond to investigate diamond smuggling by SPECTRE's Ernst Stavro Blofeld. In OCTOPUSSY, Douglas Wilmer played MI6 art expert Jim Fanning, who helps James Bond investigate a Soviet general's theft of a Faberge Egg and jewelry from a Kremlin repository. In THUNDERBALL, Jack Gwillim played an RAF officer in charge when SPECTRE skyjacks an RAF Vulcan bomber carrying nuclear bombs and demands 100 million pounds sterling in diamonds or a major city will be destroyed.

In JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, Honor Blackman played Hera, who helped Jason on the voyage to find the Golden Fleece.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-HONOR-BLACKMAN-1-FOTOR.jpg

In GOLDFINGER, Blackman played Pussy Galore, who helped James Bond foil the plot to irradiate the gold reserves in Fort Knox.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-HONOR-BLACKMAN-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

In JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, Laurence Naismith played Argus, builder of Jason's ship, the Argo.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-NAISMITH-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Naismith played Sir Donald Munger, who sent James Bond to investigate diamond smuggling by SPECTRE's Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-NAISMITH-4-B-FOTOR.jpg

In JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, Douglas Wilmer played the evil Pelias.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-WILMER-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In OCTOPUSSY, Wilmer played MI6 art expert Jim Fanning, who helped James Bond investigate a Soviet general's theft of a Faberge Egg and jewelry from a Kremlin repository.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-WILMER-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

In JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, Jack Gwillim played King Aeetes, who tried to prevent Jason from taking the Golden Fleece.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-GWILLIM-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In THUNDERBALL, Gwillim played an RAF officer in charge when SPECTRE skyjacked an RAF Vulcan bomber carrying nuclear bombs and demanded 100 million pounds sterling in diamonds or a major city will be destroyed.

JASON-ARGONAUTS-GWILLIM-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back