Movie/TV News (4 Viewers)

TUESDAY, MAY 18

DR. DEATH---trailer released for the Peacock miniseries about two Dallas surgeons who investigate a neurosurgeon whose patients die. Joshua Jackson, Alec Baldwin, Christian Slater and Kelsey Grammer star.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUydwrPAY-M

DAN BROWN'S LANGDON---trailer released for the Peacock tv series based on the Dan Brown novel THE LOST SYMBOL featuring a young Robert Langdon.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDqc6mifJ4

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---Graham McTavish (OUTLANDER) confirmed he is part of the GAME OF THRONES prequel cast after he was seen on the film set, "I’m enjoying that, yes. I’m really having a lot of fun. We’ve just started. It’s a very big project, so we’re getting to know each other. They’re lovely people. It’s great, but I can’t tell you too much. I can’t tell you really anything about the story! But it involves a lot dragons."

HOUSE-OF-DRAGON-FOTOR.jpg

THE HUNGER---Warner Bros. remake underway of the 1983 Tony Scott vampire movie that starred Catherine Deneuve, Susan Sarandon and David Bowie and was based on the Whitley Strieber novel.

HUNGER-FOTOR.jpg

THE BRIDE---Nathalie Emmanuel (GAME OF THRONES) and Garrett Hedlund (TRON: LEGACY) will star in this Screen Gems vampire movie inspired by Bram Stoker's DRACULA.

UPRISING---Netflix movie underway based on the novel A PEOPLE'S HISTORY OF THE VAMPIRE RISING in which CIA agent Lauren Webb investigates a global vampire plague.

ATTACK THE BLOCK 2---John Boyega and writer/director Joe Cornish are reuniting for the sequel to the 2011 alien invasion movie.

JJ ABRAMS---JJ Abrams is known for reviving franchises (STAR WARS, STAR TREK, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE), but now he wants to do an original movie, “I know that Hollywood is a place where it used to be that people would be inspired by something that they would see or an old film or a show or something and think, ‘Oh, here’s my response to that. Here’s a version of that’. Its become a place where, more often than not, you see something and people get inspired by it and go, ‘Let’s redo that exact thing.’
I feel like, as someone who started writing in television and telling original stories on film and in TV, it is something that I really do miss. The few things that I’m working on now, as a writer, are original ideas. I just feel, as a director, I really would love to have my next projects be things that didn’t pre-exist me necessarily.”

TRIVIA---In FIRST BLOOD, Kirk Douglas was hired to play Colonel Sam Trautman, John Rambo's former commanding officer in Vietnam. After several weeks of production, Douglas quit the movie because he wanted Rambo to die in the ending. Richard Crenna was then hastily hired as his replacement, which became Crenna's most famous role.
Ironically, Kirk's son, Michael Douglas, had already turned down the offer to play John Rambo. Sylvester Stallone took the role which, with Rocky Balboa, became one of his most famous roles.

In FIRST BLOOD, Kirk Douglas was hired to play Colonel Sam Trautman, John Rambo's former commanding officer in Vietnam. After several weeks of production, Douglas quit the movie because he wanted Rambo to die in the ending.

RAMBO-KIRK-DOUGLAS-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Richard Crenna was then hastily hired to play Trautman, which became Crenna's most famous role.

RAMBO-CRENNA-2-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

Ironically, Kirk's son, Michael Douglas, had already turned down the offer to play John Rambo. Sylvester Stallone took the role which, with Rocky Balboa, became one of his most famous roles.

RAMBO-MICHAEL-DOUGLAS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MAY 19

ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING---trailer released for the Hulu comedy series starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OytareHArw4

LOKI---new trailer released for the Disney+/Marvel tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vpCIadly88

THE ICE ROAD---trailer released for the Netflix mine disaster movie starring Liam Neeson and Laurence Fishburne.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zjikObAJHk

SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL---photo released from the Netflix/Paul Feig movie based on the novel shows Feig with Charlize Theron and Kerry Washington.

SCHOOL-FOR-GOOD-AND-EVIL-FOTOR.jpg

THE TOURIST---photo released of Jamie Dornan starring in the HBO Max/BBC miniseries about a British tourist in the Australian Outback who is driven off the road by a stalking tanker truck and wakes up with amnesia.

TOURIST-FOTOR.jpg

DC SUPERHEROES---HBO Max and the Cartoon Network have ordered two new animated DC superhero tv series. MY ADVENTURES WITH SUPERMAN is about the early days of Clark Kent (Jack Quaid), Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER which is produced by JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves and is described as, “The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters.”

MY-ADVENTURES-SUPERMAN.jpg

CRAWL 2---Alexandre Ajay said the sequel will probably not be about Haley (Kaya Scodelario) from the original movie, “I think the story of Haley is a really strong one, but I believe that CRAWL is about nature taking back its due, and kind of like… more hurricane-driven, man versus animal. So maybe it will be another story altogether…. [we’re] looking for that human story right now, that will be as strong as the one in the first one. To make the second one legit.”

TOM CLANCY'S JACK RYAN---Marianne Jean-Baptiste has left the series due to creative differences and has been replaced by Betty Gabriel.

FLAMIN' HOT CHEETOS---biomovie underway based on Richard Montanez, who claimed he invented the popular Cheetos flavor. Eva Longoria is the producer.
However, Frito-Lay has disputed Montanez's claim, “None of our records show that Richard was involved in any capacity in the Flamin’ Hot test market. We have interviewed multiple personnel who were involved in the test market, and all of them indicate that Richard was not involved in any capacity in the test market.
That doesn’t mean we don’t celebrate Richard, but the facts do not support the urban legend…. We value Richard’s many contributions to our company, especially his insights into Hispanic consumers, but we do not credit the creation of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos or any Flamin’ Hot products to him.”
Frito-Lay said, “a team of hotshot snack food professionals” led by Lynne Greenfield, invented the snack food at its Plano, Texas corporate headquarters in 1989.

TRIVIA---Fred Sorenson was a pilot for Hawaii Airlines when Steven Spielberg and producer Frank Marshall asked Sorenson to fly them around Hawaii to scout locations for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. They were impressed with Sorenson, so they asked him if he would like to play the role of Jock, Indiana Jones's pilot at the beginning of the movie. Sorenson accepted the role which led to the hilarious scene where Jones gets in Jock's biplane after escaping from Belloq's deadly headhunters and finds a snake in the cockpit.

Indiana Jones: "There is a big snake in the plane, Jock!"
Jock: "Oh that's just my pet snake, Reggie!"
Indiana Jones: "I hate snakes, Jock! I hate them!"
Jock: "Show a little backbone, will yah?"

12 years later, Sorenson would cross paths with Spielberg again when he volunteered to fly a relief mission when Hurricane Iniki, the most powerful hurricane to hit Hawaii, struck. Ironically, Sorenson met JURASSIC PARK co-producer Kathleen Kennedy, who was trying to evacuate the cast and crew off the island of Kauai. Spielberg said, "Kathy Kennedy jogged to the airport. She found some guy about to leave on a small private single-engine aircraft. She hitchhiked her way to Honolulu, and she was trying to find a plane that could get our crew and cast back to Los Angeles."
Spielberg added, "She bumped into this guy she kind of recognized. She walked over to the guy and said, 'Don’t I know you?' and he said, 'Hi Kathy.' It was the young man that flew the biplane in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. He was the pilot that was in our movie, and he just happened to be a pilot of a four-engine 707, a cargo plane and he was between flights. So Kathy arranged with him to send a large plane to the island the next day to take the cast and crew out. It’s once again something else that seems to only happen in the movies. And when things like that happen in the movies, the audience rejects that!"

FRED-SORENSON-5-C-FOTOR.jpg

FRED-SORENSON-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

FRED-SORENSON-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MAY 20

CSI: VEGAS---featurette released for the CBS revival series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lc3FTiMgOA

FRIENDS: THE REUNION---trailer released for he HBO Max special.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRXVQ77ehRQ

THE BATMAN---photo released of Robert Pattinson and the new Batman suit.

BATMAN-FOTOR-2.jpg

BATGIRL---Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (BAD BOYS FOR LIFE) will direct the HBO Max movie about Barbara Gordon, daughter of Gotham City Police Commissioner James Gordon.

SPY---Arnold Schwarzenegger and Monica Barbaro (TOP GUN: MAVERICK) will star in this untitled Netflix tv series about a father and daughter who discover they were secret CIA agents without knowing about each other and then form an international spy team.

ARNOLD-2.jpg

WE OWN THIS CITY---Jon Bernthal, Josh Charles and Jaime Hector will star in this HBO miniseries based on the book about the corrupt Baltimore Police Department Gun Trace Task Force.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---Kevin Bacon said he is interested in a cameo in VOL. 3 after his role in FOOTLOOSE was in the original GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, "When I saw GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, I went to see it having no idea that I was discussed... It was an afternoon in New York, I was on 67th Street and went by myself, as I often do... I was like, ‘Holy *****. They're talking about me. Are you guys getting this?’

CHER---untitled Cher, 75, biomovie underway with Eric Roth (FORREST GUMP) as the writer.

VAMPIRE ACADEMY---Peacock tv series underway based on the vampire novels.

GREEN LANTERN---Jeremy Irvine is in negotiations to play Alan Scott, the gay Green Lantern in the HBO Max series.

INJUSTICE---Warner Bros. Home Entertainment animated movie underway based on the INJUSTICE storyline.

TRIVIA---songwriter Diane Warren, with 12 Academy Award nominations for Best Original Song, holds the record for most Oscar-nominated woman never to have won. Her songs were for the movies MANNEQUIN, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL, CON AIR, ARMAGEDDON, MUSIC OF THE HEART, PEARL HARBOR, BEYOND THE LIGHTS, THE HUNTING GROUND, MARSHALL, RBG, BREAKTHROUGH and THE LIFE AHEAD.
Warren has won a Grammy, an Emmy and two Golden Globe awards, but she said about her dubious Oscar distinction, “Ouch but at least I’m the best at something.”

"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" (MANNEQUIN)---LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUXsXQ359pk

"How Do I Live" (CON AIR)---LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJIUDkyXcc

"There You'll Be" (PEARL HARBOR)---LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h77UYU84VOI

DIANE-WARREN.jpg

FRIDAY, MAY 21

INDIANA JONES 5---a rumor claims the latest sequel is set about a decade after THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL with Mads Mikkelsen playing the lead villain, an ex-Nazi rocket scientist now working on NASA's mission to the Moon. The secondary villain is a female who is "an evil and brutal killer". Shaunette Renee Wilson is reportedly Mikkelsen's CIA "babysitter".

INDIANA-JONES.jpg

THE WHITE HOUSE PLUMBERS---Kathleen Turner will play foul-mouthed lobbyist Dita Beard in the HBO miniseries about the Watergate scandal. Woody Harrelson and Justin Theroux also star.

KNIVES OUT 2---Kate Hudson has joined the sequel cast in an undisclosed role.

REACHER---Bruce McGill (ANIMAL HOUSE) will play Mayor Teale, “who comes from a long line of Southern gentlemen who have run Margrave for decades" in the Amazon tv series based on the Jack Reacher novels. Season 1 is based on the novel THE KILLING FLOOR.

WOOL---Rebecca Ferguson will star in this Apple TV series based on the sci fi novels. Graham Yost (JUSTIFIED) is the writer.

THE WHEEL OF TIME---Amazon renewed the Rosamund Pike series based on the fantasy novels before Season 1 has premiered.

POOR THINGS---Mark Ruffalo will co-star with Emma Stone in this movie based on the novel inspired by Mary Shelly's FRANKENSTEIN.

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA---present day movie reimagining of the 1910 novel is underway. The writer is Anthony McCarten (BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY).

BIG SCREEN IS BACK---Hollywood celebrities, including Arnold Schwarzenegger and JJ Abrams, urged fans to return to movie theaters as the coronavirus pandemic has eased. At the Big Screen Is Back initiative at AMC Century City 15 theater in Los Angeles, Schwarzenegger chanted, "We are back! We are back!" and added, “Now it’s time to get back to the big screen. If you have the movie and you don’t have the theaters, you don’t have nothing, Yes, we’ve seen over the past year in the pandemic, that people watch movies on their little iPhone and iPad and put on their glasses to see what’s going on there. They are missing special and visual effects and all the great stuff you usually see on the big screen.”

TRIVIA---MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN was in its third season on Fox and was not a big blip on the ratings screen. Housewife and family values activist Terry Rakolta was watching the episode "Her Cups Runneth Over" and was so outraged at the sexual content that she told her children to leave the room and started a letter-writing campaign to the show's sponsors to get them to cancel their commercials. The Rakolta Boycott did get some sponsors to stop their commercials including Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Johnson & Johnson, Proctor & Gamble, and Kimberly-Clark. However, her campaign got so much publicity that people began to watch the show which caused the ratings to soar. This made MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN a hit and ensured Fox's future as a network.

MARRIED-WITH-CHILDREN-1-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

Terry Rakolta was outraged at "Her Cups Runneth Over"'s sexual content and was particularly angered at the scene where Vicky (Devin DeVasquez) asked Al Bundy his opinion of her attire. DeVasquez was PLAYBOY's Playmate of the Month in June, 1985.

MARRIED-WITH-CHILDREN-3-FOTOR.jpg

MARRIED-WITH-CHILDREN-4-A-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MAY 24

ETERNALS---trailer released for the Marvel superhero movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVDKZJkGlY

CHAPELWAITE---trailer released for the Epix miniseries starring Adrien Brody that is based on the Stephen King novella JERUSALEM' S LOT.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqL2Ns6kh4

SKULLS---Amber Midthunder will star in the latest movie in the PREDATOR franchise as a young Native American woman who defies norms and becomes a warrior and battles the deadly alien hunter. Dan Trachtenberg is the director.

SKULLS-FOTOR.jpg

RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC---THE MANDALORIAN spinoff series has been shelved by Lucasfilm and Disney+. Reportedly, RANGERS would have focused on Cara Dune (Gina Carano) and Greef Karga (Carl Weathers) which led to speculation it was shelved because Carano was fired due to her controversial posts.

RANGERS-NEW-REPUBLIC-FOTOR.jpg

UNCHARTED---photo released of Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg starring in the Sony Pictures movie based on the video game.

UNCHARTERED.jpg

SHOGUN---Cosmo Jarvis and Hiroyuki Sanada will star in this FX miniseries based on the James Clavell novel. The 1980 miniseries starred Richard Chamberlain, Toshiro Mifune and Yoko Shimada.

THE MAN WHO DREW GOD---Franco Nero and his wife, Vanessa Redgrave, and Kevin Spacey will star in this Italian movie about a blind artist who has the gift of hearing people's voices to paint accurate portraits of the people. His talent leads to him being falsely accused of sex abuse. Nero, who is also the director, commented on co-starring with Spacey, who has been accused of sexual assault by 30 men, “I’m very happy Kevin agreed to participate in my film. I consider him a great actor, and I can’t wait to start the movie.”

TREMORS---Kevin Bacon said the 1990 monster movie is his only movie he has watched after the premiere and wants to do a sequel, “It was one film of mine that I wanted to revisit that character. I don’t look back at all… I would still love to do it, believe me. Maybe it needs to be the 30th anniversary or the 35th. We’ll keep going.” Bacon developed a tv series sequel to the movie for SyFy that was shelved.

BULL---showrunner Glenn Gordon Caron (MOONLIGHTING) is not returning after a CBS investigation found he had created a toxic work environment on the series. Co-star Freddy Rodriguez is also not returning.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Two stars of THE AVENGERS tv series were killed by a henchwoman in British luxury cars in James Bond movies: Diana Rigg in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE and Patrick Macnee in A VIEW TO A KILL.
Diana Rigg played Emma Peel in THE AVENGERS and in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, her character, Tracy di Vicenzo/Bond, was killed by Ernst Stavro Blofeld's henchwoman, Irma Bunt, in James Bond's Aston Martin DBS.
Patrick Macnee played John Steed in THE AVENGERS, and his character, Sir Godfrey Tibbett, was killed by Max Zorin's henchwoman, May Day, in a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II in A VIEW TO A KILL.

In THE AVENGERS, Dianna Rigg played Emma Peel and Patrick Macnee played John Steed.

AVENGERS-TV-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

In ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, Diana Rigg's character, Tracy di Vicenzo/Bond, was killed by Ernst Stavro Blofeld's henchwoman, Irma Bunt, in James Bond's Aston Martin DBS.

AVENGERS-ASTON-MARTIN-1-FOTOR.jpg

AVENGERS-IRMA-BLUNT-FOTOR.jpg

AVENGERS-OHMSS-FOTOR.jpg

In A VIEW TO A KILL, Patrick Macnee's character, Sir Godfrey Tibbett, was killed in a car wash by Max Zorin's henchwoman, May Day, in a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II (which was owned by producer Cubby Broccoli).

AVENGERS-ROLLYS-ROYCE-1-FOTOR.jpg

AVENGERS-ROLLYS-ROYCE-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

AVENGERS-A-VIEW-TO-KILL-1-FOTOR.jpg

These two caught my attention and are must watch for me.

SHOGUN---Cosmo Jarvis and Hiroyuki Sanada will star in this FX miniseries based on the James Clavell novel. The 1980 miniseries starred Richard Chamberlain, Toshiro Mifune and Yoko Shimada.

WE OWN THIS CITY---Jon Bernthal, Josh Charles and Jaime Hector will star in this HBO miniseries based on the book about the corrupt Baltimore Police Department Gun Trace Task Force.

TUESDAY, MAY 25

GUNPOWDER MILKSHAKE---trailer released for the female assassin movie starring Karen Gillan.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxuAroBqt2c

HIGHLANDER---Henry Cavill confirmed he will star in the Chad Stahelski reboot of the 1996 movie that starred Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery.

HIGHLANDER-FOTOR.jpg

FASTER PUSSYCAT, KILL! KILL!---Norman Reedus/AMC tv series underway based on the 1965 Russ Meyer cult classic movie about three go-go girls who embark on a journey of murder and kidnapping in the California desert. Reedus said, “I’ve been watching Russ Meyer’s film since I was a kid, wearing my FASTER PUSSYCAT, KILL! KILL! t-shirt to school. It’s safe to say I’m beyond inspired by Russ’ style of filmmaking and I am over the moon excited for the opportunity to reimagine this story for the modern world.”

FASTER-PUSSYCAT-1.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---photo released of Mercer (Michael James Shaw) in Season 11.

WALKING-DEAD.jpg

RED QUEEN---Elizabeth Banks is the star/director of this Peacock tv series about a poor woman who discovers she has superpowers and leads a revolt against the monarchy which uses their superpowers to oppress the poor.

WONKA---Timothee Chalamet will play Willy Wonka in the movie prequel to CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.

SUPER PUMPED---Joseph Gordon-Levitt will star in this Showtime anthology series with Season 1 about Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, who was forced out after accusations of sexual harassment.

HARDCORE---movie underway base on the comic book co-created by Robert Kirkman. Adam Wingard (GODZILLA VS. KONG) is the director.

ROM-COM---Lindsay Lohan will star in this untitled Netflix romantic comedy movie about a hotel heiress who develops amnesia after a skiing accident and falls in love with a blue collar lodge owner and his daughter at Christmas.

TRIVIA---Paul Mantee played astronaut Commander Kit Draper, who is marooned on Mars after a spaceship accident in the 1964 movie ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS. Mantee played a news reporter in the astronaut disaster movie APOLLO 13 (Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon).

Paul Mantee played astronaut Commander Kit Draper, who is marooned on Mars after a accident in the 1964 movie ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS.

PAUL-MANTEE-ROBINSON-CRUSOE-FOTOR.jpg

Mantee played a news reporter (holding transistor radio) in the astronaut disaster movie APOLLO 13 (Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon).

PAUL-MANTEE-APOLLO-2-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MAY 26

THE TOMORROW WAR---trailer released for the alien invasion movie starring Chris Pratt.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPistcpGB8o

FALSE POSITIVE---trailer released for the Hulu horror movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WtWjH8GGqE

DUNE---spoiler alert (see below).

10,000 SHIPS---HBO's GAME OF THRONES prequel is about the journey of Princess Nymeria and the surviving members of the Rhoynars from Essos to Dorne. Amanda Segel (HELSTROM) is the writer.

10-000-SHIPS-FOTOR.jpg

A QUIET PLACE 3---John Krasinski said he already has ideas for a third movie, "It's interesting, I genuinely hadn't thought about a second one when I was doing the first one. However, I really had these questions while I was doing it. I put the fires out in the distance in the first one, and I always thought to myself, 'Wouldn't it be cool if we got to explore where those fires lead to? Who's on the other end of those fires?' But I never thought that there would be a sequel. So then when I actually came around to writing the sequel, I started with the fires. And so this time, I think when my brain started wandering of questions of what would this mean later on, I started to write down notes in case I could prepare myself for a third one."

A-QUIET-PLACE.jpg

MGM---Amazon Studios bought MGM for $8.45 billion. This gives Amazon the rights to over 4,000 movie titles and 17.000 hours of television including the James Bond, The Hobbit, the Pink Panther and Rocky franchises.

FAST & FURIOUS 9---John Cena apologized in Chinese to Chinese fans after he referred to Taiwan as a "country", “I did many, many interviews for FAST & FURIOUS 9, and I made a mistake during one interview. I must say, which is very very important, that I love and respect China and Chinese people. I’m very, very sorry for my mistake. I apologize." China claims Taiwan is part of China and does not recognize Taiwan as a country. The sequel made an impressive $148 million in its Chinese premiere. FATE OF THE FURIOUS made over $1 billion with 32% from China and only 18% from the US.

THE WALTON'S HOMECOMING---CW tv movie to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the tv movie that led to the long-running tv series. Set in 1933, Olivia (Bellamy Young) sends John Boy (Logan Shroyer) out to find John Sr. after he fails to return home because of a violent storm on Christmas eve. Richard Thomas will be the narrator.
CW is also developing the animated THE SCOOBY-DOO REUNION SPECIAL.

******* 4---Johnny Knoxville said the latest sequel will be his last due to the physical punishment, “You can only take so many chances before something irreversible happens. I feel like I’ve been extremely lucky to take the chances I’ve taken and still be walking around.”

TRIVIA---three actors who appeared in Burt Reynolds' THE LONGEST YARD also appeared in Alfred Hitchcock's FAMILY PLOT: Ed Lauter, John Steadman and Charles Tyner. Lauter played prison guard Captain Wilhelm Knauer in THE LONGEST YARD and gas station owner Joseph Maloney in FAMILY PLOT. Steadman played prisoner football trainer Pops in THE LONGEST YARD and the gravedigger in FAMILY PLOT. Tyner played sleazy prisoner Unger in THE LONGEST YARD and headstone engraver Wheeler in FAMILY PLOT.

Ed Lauter played prison guard Captain Wilhelm Knauer in THE LONGEST YARD and gas station owner Joseph Maloney in FAMILY PLOT.

LONGEST-YARD-ED-LAUTER-3-A-FOTOR-3.jpg

LONGEST-YARD-ED-LAUTER-3-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

John Steadman played prisoner football trainer Pops in THE LONGEST YARD and the gravedigger in FAMILY PLOT.

LONGEST-YARD-JOHN-STEADMAN-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

LONGEST-YARD-JOHN-STEADMAN-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

Charles Tyner played sleazy prisoner Unger in THE LONGEST YARD and headstone engraver Wheeler in FAMILY PLOT.

LONGEST-YARD-CHARLES-TYNER-1-A-FOTOR-1.jpg

LONGEST-YARD-CHARLES-TYNER-2-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

DUNE---a source, who reportedly saw the movie in a screen test, said DUNE ends "abruptly" after a fight between Paul (Timothee Chalamet) and Jamis (Babs Olusanmokun) which led the viewer to speculate that "there must be a sequel."

THURSDAY, MAY 27

OLD---trailer released for the M. Night Shayamalan horror movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4U2pMRV9_k

JUNGLE CRUISE---new trailer released for the Dwayne Johnson movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJZ82pwwJqA

COBRA KAI--trailer released for Season 4.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxKKv8q5W0

KRAVEN THE HUNTER---Aaron Taylor-Johnson will star in the Sony/Marvel movie about Spider-Man villain Kraven the Hunter. Taylor-Johnson will also play Kraven in future Sony/Marvel movies.

KRAVEN.jpg

STAR WARS---J Abrams was asked if the last trilogy should have had a master plan, “I’ve been involved in a number of projects that have been – in most cases, series – that have ideas that begin the thing where you feel like you know where it’s gonna go, and sometimes it’s an actor who comes in, other times it’s a relationship that as-written doesn’t quite work, and things that you think are gonna just be so well-received just crash and burn and other things that you think like, ‘Oh that’s a small moment’ or ‘That’s a one-episode character’ suddenly become a hugely important part of the story.”

“I feel like what I’ve learned as a lesson a few times now, and it’s something that especially in this pandemic year working with writers [has become clear], the lesson is that you have to plan things as best you can, and you always need to be able to respond to the unexpected. And the unexpected can come in all sorts of forms, and I do think that there’s nothing more important than knowing where you’re going.

" I’ve had all sorts of situations where you plan things in a certain way and you suddenly find yourself doing something that’s 180 degrees different, and then sometimes it works really well and you feel like, ‘Wow that really came together,’ and other times you think, ‘Oh my God I can’t believe this is where we are,’ and sometimes when it’s not working out it’s because it’s what you planned, and other times when it’s not working out it’s because you didn’t [have a plan]."

"You just never really know, but having a plan I have learned – in some cases the hard way – is the most critical thing, because otherwise you don’t know what you’re setting up. You don’t know what to emphasize. Because if you don’t know the inevitable of the story, you’re just as good as your last sequence or effect or joke or whatever, but you want to be leading to something inevitable.”

BONES & ALL---Mark Rylance will co-star with Timothee Chalamet and Taylor Russell in the movie based on the cannibal novel.

STEVEN SPIELBERG---Gabriel LaBelle is in negotiations to play a young Steven Spielberg in the movie about his youth which is rumored to be titled THE FABLEMANS.

AND JUST LIKE THAT---Chris Noth is returning for the HBO Max revival of SEX IN THE CITY.

EVIL DEAD RISE---latest sequel in the franchise has two estranged sisters' reunion interrupted by deadly demons.

FIREFLY LANE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---May 27, 2021 is the 80th anniversary of the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck in World War II. In SINK THE BISMARCK!, three actors who appeared in the movie also appeared in another World War II movie, WHERE EAGLES DARE: Michael Hordern, Victor Beaumont and John G. Heller.
Hordern played Admiral John Tovey in SINK THE BISMARCK! and Admiral Rolland in WHERE EAGLES DARE, where his code name, Danny Boy, is mentioned in the movie's famous line, "Broadsword calling Danny Boy." During World War II, Lieutenant Commander Hordern served on the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious.
Beaumont played an officer on the Bismarck in SINK THE BISMARCK! and Colonel Weissner, who arrested Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood and the other commandos in the tavern in WHERE EAGLES DARE.
Heller played Lieutenant Becker on the Bismarck in SINK THE BISMARCK! and the German major who chastises Major Johann Schmidt/Major John Smith (Richard Burton) for being too playful with tavern waitress Heidi (Ingrid Pitt) in WHERE EAGLES DARE.

In SINK THE BISMARCK!, the Bismarck fires on the battlecruiser HMS Hood.

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-BISMARCK-FOTOR.jpg

Hordern played Admiral John Tovey in SINK THE BISMARCK! and Admiral Rolland in WHERE EAGLES DARE, where his code name, Danny Boy, is mentioned in the movie's famous line, "Broadsword calling Danny Boy." During World War II, Lieutenant Commander Hordern served on the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious.

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-HORDERN-3-FOTOR.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-HORDERN-1-FOTOR.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-ILLUSTRIOUS-2.jpg

Beaumont played an officer on the Bismarck in SINK THE BISMARCK! and Colonel Weissner, who arrested Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood and the other commandos in the tavern in WHERE EAGLES DARE.

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-BEAUMONT-3-FOTOR.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-BEAUMONT-1-FOTOR.jpg

Heller played Lieutenant Becker on the Bismarck in SINK THE BISMARCK! and the German major who chastises Major Johann Schmidt/Major John Smith (Richard Burton) for being too playful with tavern waitress Heidi (Ingrid Pitt) in WHERE EAGLES DARE.

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-HELLER-3-FOTOR-2.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-HELLER-1-FOTOR.jpg

SINK-THE-BISMARCK-INGRID-PITT-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MAY 28

WEREWOLVES WITHIN---trailer released for the werewolf movie based on the video game.

LINK; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WzPQNIBJ4

JOKER 2---director/co-writer Todd Phillips has “struck a deal to co-write the next Joker instalment”.

MOON KNIGHT---Marvel Studios confirmed that Oscar Issac is starring in the Disney+ tv series, "WE ARE MOONKNIGHT" - Oscar Isaac".

MOON-KNIGHT.jpg

RODNEY & SHERYL---Anna Kendrick will star in this Netflix movie based on the true story about THE DATING GAME bachelorette Cheryl Bradshaw, who picked Bachelor Number One Rodney Alcala, who was really a serial killer who had already murdered five women and had been convicted of attempting to murder a 12 year-old girl. Alcala may have killed over 130 people. During the show, Alcala asked, "I'm serving you for dinner. What are you called and what do you look like?" Bradshaw replied, "I'm called the banana and I look good... Peel me!" She later refused to go out on her date with Alcala because he was "creepy".

RODNEY-SHERYL.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---Emma Stone commented on rumors that she is returning for the sequel, "I have heard those rumors. I don't know if I'm supposed to say anything, but I'm not. I'm not. I don't know what you're supposed to respond as an alumnus (laughs)."

BLACK PANTHER---Danai Gurira will return as Okoye in the Disney+ series about the early days of Black Panther.

STRAYS---adult comedy movie underway about an abandoned dog who teams up with other stray dogs to get revenge on his ex-owner.

MRS. DAVIS---new Peacock tv series from Damon Lindelof (LOST) and Tara Hernandez (THE BIG BANG THEORY) that is described as, "an exploration of faith versus technology — an epic battle of biblical and binary proportions."

DEBRIS---NBC cancelled the series.

BREEDERS---FX renewed the series for Season 3.

TRIVIA---Terry Farrell, who played Jadzia Dax on STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, is married to Adam Nimoy, son of STAR TREK co-star Leonard Nimoy.

TERRY-FARRELL.jpg

Last edited:
MONDAY, MAY 31

INDIANA JONES 5---leaked photo shows a castle under construction at the Bamburgh Castle film site in England.

INDIANA-JONES-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME----sources confirm that Willem DaFoe is returning as the Sinister Six lead villain Green Goblin along with Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Doctor Octopus (Alfred Molina). Other villains might include Sandman, Rhino and Lizard.
Also, Sony Pictures head Sanford Panitch commented on future movies including villains Venom, Carnage, Morbius and Kraven the Hunter, “There actually is a plan. I think now maybe it’s getting a little more clear for people where we’re headed and I think when NO WAY HOME comes out, even more will be revealed.
The great thing is we have this very excellent relationship with Kevin [Feige]. There’s an incredible sandbox there to play with. We want those MCU movies to be absolutely huge, because that’s great for us and our Marvel characters, and I think that’s the same thing on their side. But we have a great relationship. There’s lots of opportunities, I think, that are going to happen.”

SPIDER-MAN-FOTOR.jpg

THE SUICIDE SQUAD---James Gunn released a photo from the movie.
Also, Freddie Stroma (GAME OF THRONES) has replaced Chris Conrad as Vigilante in PEACEMAKER, HBO Max's THE SUICIDE SQUAD spinoff tv series.

SUICIDE-SQUAD-FOTOR.jpg

FRIENDS: THE REUNION---the HBO Max special drew big numbers with 29% of the US streaming audience. By comparison, WONDER WOMAN 1984 drew 32% of the US streaming audience.

THE OFFER---Miles Teller has replaced Armie Hammer as producer Al Ruddy in the Paramount+ miniseries about Francis Ford Coppola's efforts to make THE GODFATHER.

WOLF---George McKay and Lily-Rose Depp star in this movie a man who is sent to a clinic to receive therapy because he thinks he is a wolf trapped in a man's body.

THE BIG DOOR PRIZE---Apple TV+ comedy series based on the novel about a small town grocery store which has a machine that can predict a person's destiny.

TRIVIA---Memorial Day trivia.
Among William Holden's top movies, several were war movies including STALAG 17 (Holden received an Academy Award), THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI and THE BRIDGES AT TOKO-RI.
During World War II, Holden was a lieutenant in the US Army Air Force where he made training films. His brother, Ensign Bob Beedle, was a Navy F6F Hellcat fighter pilot based on the aircraft carrier USS Bunker Hill in the Pacific Theater where he had two kills. While flying escort for dive bombers, Beedle opened fire on two Japanese fighters that were attacking him. His section leader said, "His Hellcat swept upward in a lazy loop, pulled out just above the water, flew level for a few seconds, then plunged into the whitecaps. His guns were still blasting."
Beedle's ex-squadron mates said Holden's performance as the ill-fated Navy fighter pilot in THE BRIDGES AT TOKO-RI reminded them of Beedle.

William Holden in STALAG 17 (Academy Award), THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI and THE BRIDGES AT TOKO-RI.

MEMORIAL-DAY-STALAG-17-FOTOR.jpg

MEMORIAL-DAY-BRIDGE-RIVER-KWAI-FOTOR.jpg

MEMORIAL-DAY-BRIDGES-TOKO-RI-FOTOR.jpg

Holden's brother, Ensign Bob Beedle, was shot down and killed in action in the Pacific Theater. Beedle's former squadron mates said Holden's performance as the ill-fated Navy fighter pilot in THE BRIDGES AT TOKO-RI reminded them of Beedle.

MEMORIAL-DAY-BOB-BEEDLE-FOTOR.jpg

William Holden's F9F Panther on the deck of the USS Savo Island (USS Oriskany).

MEMORIAL-DAY-F9-F-PANTHER-FOTOR.jpg

An F6F Hellcat on the deck of Bob Beedle's aircraft carrier, the USS Bunker Hill.

MEMORIAL-DAY-F6-F-HELLCAT-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER---Chris Hemsworth posted a photo of himself and director Taika Waititi with the caption, “The film is gonna be bat***** crazy off the wall funny and might also pull a heart string or two.” Waititi then added, “This film is the craziest thing I’ve ever done and I’m honoured to bust my *** and have a nervous breakdown so you can all see it.”

THOR-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN 5---concept artist Geoffrey Thoorens released more concept art from Neill Blomkamp's cancelled ALIEN 5 sequel which shows Ripley, Hicks and a new android.

ALIEN-5-1-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN-5-4-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN-5-2-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN-5-3-FOTOR.jpg

THE BATMAN---new Hot Wheels toy shows what the new Batmobile looks like.

BATMOBILE-FOTOR.jpg

DAVID O. RUSSELL---Taylor Swift will co-star with Christian Bale, Margot Robbie, Rami Malek, Michael Shannon and Timothy Olyphant in Russell's new movie. No plot details were released.

CITY ON FIRE---Sony Pictures bought the movie rights to the upcoming crime family novel trilogy.

SENIOR YEAR---Alicia Silverstone and Rebel Wilson will star in this comedy movie about a high school cheerleader who wakes up after 20 years in a coma and seeks to get the homecoming queen title she deserved.

CODE 8: PLAN II---Robbie and Stephen Amell return for the sequel in which a teenage girl teams up with the Amell characters to seek revenge on the crooked cops who murdered her brother.

THE MOSQUITO COAST---Apple TV+ renewed the series for Season 2.

In TOMORROW NEVER DIES, Bond Villain Richard Stamper drops chained Bond Girl and Chinese spy Wai Lin in the water for two minutes, assuming the scene is in real time. James Bond then jumps in to rescue her by breathing into her mouth. While Wai Lin holds her breath for two minutes underwater, she also releases bubbles. Navy SEALs are taught to hold their breath for two minutes---without releasing any telltale bubbles.
The conclusion may be that US operatives are better trained for operations underwater than their Chinese counterparts.

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-1-B-FOTOR.jpg

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Navy SEALs are taught to hold their breath for two minutes---without releasing any telltale bubbles. The conclusion may be that US operatives are better trained for operations underwater than their Chinese counterparts.

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-SEALS-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JUNE 3

BLACK WIDOW---"Special Look" featurette released for the superhero movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tVi-iW3Upg

REMINISCENCE---trailer released for the HBO Max sci fi movie starring Hugh Jackman.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wvOX4G6bgQ

DEMONIC---trailer released for the Neill Blomkamp horror movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IYMIXCjEOA

LOKI---new featurette released for the Marvel/Disney+ tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xfM_COCmY

BOSCH---trailer released for Season 7.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkA7xFnndfg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---spoiler alert (see below).

A QUIET PLACE PART II---the sequel premiere drew over $48 million which broke the pandemic record of GODZILLA VS. KONG's $32 million. The original A QUIET PLACE premiere earned $58 million.

A-QUIET-PLACE-FOTOR.jpg

THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE---photo released of Andrew Garfield and Jessica Chastain starring in the biomovie about televangelists Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker.

EYES-OF-TAMMY-FAYE-FOTOR.jpg

JAMES BOND---writer John Logan expressed his concern about Amazon Studio's acquisition of the James Bond movie franchise, "Having worked as a writer on SKYFALL and SPECTRE, I know that Bond isn’t just another franchise, not a Marvel or a DC; it is a family business that has been carefully nurtured and shepherded through the changing times by the Broccoli/Wilson family.”

“What happens if a bruising corporation like Amazon begins to demand a voice in the process? What happens to the comradeship and quality control if there’s an Amazonian overlord with analytics parsing every decision?

"What happens when a focus group reports they don’t like Bond drinking martinis? Or killing quite so many people? And that English accent’s a bit alienating, so could we have more Americans in the story for marketability?"

"Everything gets watered down to the most anodyne and easily consumable version of itself. The movie becomes an inoffensive shadow of a thing, not the thing itself. There are no more rough edges or flights of cinematic madness.”

FIRESTARTER---Ryan Kiera Armstrong will star in the remake of the 1984 movie that was based on the Stephen King novel.

THE LOST APOTHECARY---Fox tv series underway based on the novel about a modern-day sleuth who investigates old, unsolved murders connected to an 18th century London apothecary.

JUPITER'S LEGACY---Netflix cancelled the series which reportedly cost $200 million for the only season. It will be relaunched as part of an anthology series.

CITY ON A HILL---Showtime renewed the series for Season 3.

TRIVIA---James Cromwell played a prison warden in two movies: THE GREEN MILE and THE LONGEST YARD remake.

James Cromwell played Warden Moores in THE GREEN MILE with Tom Hanks.

JAMES-CROMWELL-GREEN-MILE-2-FOTOR.jpg

Cromwell played Warden Hazen in THE LONGEST YARD with Adam Sandler.

JAMES-CROMWELL-LONGEST-YARD-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---a source said the sequel begins where FAR FROM HOME ended and then there is a time skip to Peter Parker in court trying to prove his innocence. Doctor Strange shelters Peter, Ned and MJ in the Sanctum Sanctorum. The Multiverse breaks which allows villains to escape to other dimensions. Doctor Strange apprehends them and puts them in his special prison.

FRIDAY, JUNE 4

AMERICA: THE MOTION PICTURE---trailer released for the Netflix animated movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu0O-q7Kf2k

THE FLASH---director Andy Muschietti posted a hint of Michael Keaton's new Batsuit which has a suspicious bloodstain on it.

FLASH-BATMAN-FOTOR.jpg

THE BATMAN---a rumor claims Warner Bros. is unhappy with the movie, "I have a guy who usually works for Marvel Studios but recently also heard from someone who told me he worked on 'The Batman' and that the film will make fun of Snyder by making a big deal out of Batman's no kill rule and explaining why he doesn't and should never kill."
The rumor source added, "Also was told by same person that The Batman is AMAZING but that stupid WB is unhappy with it for stupid reasons. They are thinking about delaying but no final decision."
A second source said the producers might order reshoots to improve the movie.

ALIEN: AWAKENING---Ridley Scott said the third prequel would have answered the mystery of the Alien eggs in the original movie and would have bridged the gap between PROMETHEUS and the original movie, “I still think there’s a lot of mileage in ALIEN, but I think you’ll have to now re-evolve. What I always thought when I was making the first one [was] why would a creature like this be made and why was it traveling in what I always thought was a kind of war-craft, which was carrying a cargo of these eggs. What was the purpose of the vehicle and what was the purpose of the eggs? That’s the thing to question - who, why, and for what purpose is the next idea, I think."

ALIEN-FOTOR.jpg

ANDOR---Robert Emms (CHERNOBYL) has joined the cast of the Disney+ ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY prequel series.

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4---Donnie Yen will co-star as John Wick's friend "who shares a history and many of the same enemies with Wick."

BROTHERS---Josh Brolin, Peter Dinklage and Glenn Close will star in this comedy movie about two brothers.

THE TANK---horror movie underway about a family that inherits a remote house in Oregon and discovers flesh-eating creatures live below it. WETA will handle the creature special effects.

WE USED TO LIVE HERE---Blake Lively will star in this movie based on the novella about a woman is in her new house when the family that used to live in it visit and refuse to leave when a snow storm hits.

KAY SCARPETTA---Jamie Lee Curtis and Blumhouse Television bought the tv rights to the Kay Scarpetta crime novels.

TRIVIA---June 4, 2021 is the 79th anniversary of the Battle of Midway, the turning point of the war in the Pacific in World War II.

Here's a comparison between the 1976 MIDWAY movie and the 2019 MIDWAY movie.

LINK: https://davescheirer.medium.com/midway-movie-live-action-from-1976-versus-cgi-from-2019-3c6a17abe506

In the 1976 movie MIDWAY, legendary actor Toshiro Mifune played Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and Midway. In reality, Mifune served as reconnaissance photo expert in the 7th Brigade, an aerial photography unit of the Imperial Army Air Service during World World War II. Near the war's end, Mifune was assigned to a kamikaze airbase as an officer where part of his duties included treating each doomed pilot to a sukiyaki dinner and urging him not to shout “Long live the Emperor!" as he was about to crash his airplane into its target. Instead, Mifune told them to, “Go ahead and cry out for your mother. There’s no shame in it." Mifune would then take a commemorative photo of the pilot before he began his fateful mission. Mifune said the kamikaze missions were, "Senseless slaughter."

In the 1976 movie MIDWAY, legendary actor Toshiro Mifune played Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.

MIDWAY-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In reality, Mifune served as reconnaissance photo expert in the 7th Brigade, an aerial photography unit of the Imperial Army Air Service during World World War II.

MIDWAY-1-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, JUNE 7

INFINITE---new trailer released for the Mark Wahlberg sci fi movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckUxJf391zk

MASTER AND COMMANDER---20th Century is developing a prequel to the 2003 movie MASTER AND COMMANDER: THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD that was based oon the novels and starred Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany. The prequel will reportedly focus on Jack Aubrey's first command and how his friendship with naval surgeon Stephen Maturin began. Patrick Ness (A MONSTER CALLS) is the writer.

MASTER-AND-COMMANDER-FOTOR.jpg

A QUIET PLACE---Paramount Pictures announced that an untiltled spinoff movie based on an idea by John Krasinski will be written and directed by Jeff Nichols and will premiere on March 31, 2023. It is not a sequel to A QUIET PLACE PART II.

A-QUIET-PLACE-FOTOR.jpg

THE BOYS---photo released of Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy.

THE-BOYS-FOTOR.jpg

QUENTIN TARANTINO---the director said he might cancel his upcoming last movie because of the "last movie curse", "Most directors have horrible last movies. Usually their worst movies are their last movies. That's the case for most of the Golden Age directors that ended up making their last movies in the late '60s and the '70s, then that ended up being the case for most of the New Hollywood directors who made their last movies in the late '80s and the '90s. So to actually end your career on a decent movie is rare. To end it with, like, a good movie is kind of phenomenal."

CRUELLA---Walt Disney is developing a sequel to the hit movie.

THE MATRIX 4---Christina Ricci has joined the sequel cast in an undisclosed role.

THE BROKEN EARTH---TriStar Pictures bought the movie rights to the sci fi novel trilogy.

TRIVIA---June 6, 2021 was the 77th anniversary of D-Day. In the D-Day epic, THE LONGEST DAY, Eddie Albert was part of an international all-star cast that included John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Henry Fonda, Richard Burton and Sean Connery.
In THE LONGEST DAY, Albert played Colonel Lloyd Thompson who helped lead his troops to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat on Omaha Beach.
Before World War II, Albert was a clown and high-wire performer with a circus that toured Mexico, but he was really a secret agent for US Army intelligence and photographed German U-boats in Mexican harbors.
After the war began, Albert enlisted in the US Coast Guard and then served in the Navy where he was the commander of a landing craft during the bloody invasion of Tarawa. On one mission, Albert found 100 Marines “waist deep in the water, suffering rapidly mounting casualties from strafing by several machine gun nests on the end of the pier, in the sunken ship, and by numerous snipers in abandoned AmpTracs and LCVP’s.” Albert saved 47 Marines stranded offshore and helped save 30 more under intense Japanese machine gun fire and was awarded the Bronze Star for his heroism. Although he had a long and distinguished acting career, including two Academy Award nominations, Albert said his combat duty at Tarawa was his greatest accomplishment.

In the D-Day epic THE LONGEST DAY, Eddie Albert and Robert Mitchum played officers who led their troops to victory on Omaha Beach.

EDDIE-ALBERT-LONGEST-DAY-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Before World War II, Albert was a clown and high-wire performer with a circus that toured Mexico, but he was really a secret agent for US Army intelligence and photographed German U-boats in Mexican harbors.

EDDIE-ALBERT-U-BOAT-2-FOTOR.jpg

In World War II during the invasion of Tarawa, Albert saved 47 Marines stranded offshore and helped save 30 more under intense Japanese machine gun fire and was awarded the Bronze Star for his heroism.

EDDIE-ALBERT-TARAWA-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Albert was nominated for two Academy Awards and is best known for starring in the hit tv series GREEN ACRES and in Burt Reynolds' THE LONGEST YARD, but he said his combat duty at Tarawa was his greatest accomplishment.

EDDIE-ALBERT-GREEN-ACRES-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

EDDIE-ALBERT-LONGEST-YARD-1-FOTOR-1.jpg

TUESDAY, JUNE 8

NO SUDDEN MOVE---trailer released for the heist movie staring Brendan Fraser and Benecio del Toro.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRD1xr-dmfQ

THE LAST MERCENARY---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4_ULVw5L04

INDIANA JONES 5---photos from the film set in England show a stuntman wearing a young Indiana Jones mask and a Nazi uniform while riding a motorcycle.

INDIANA-JONES-3-FOTOR.jpg

THE MENU---Ralph Fiennes and Anya Taylor-Joy are in negotiations to star in this comedy horror movie about a young couple who travel to an exclusive restaurant on a remote island where a famous chef will serve them a magnificent dinner.

MENU.jpg

CHRISTINE---Bryan Fuller is the writer/director of the remake of the 1983 John Carpenter movie based on the Stephen King novel.

MARLOWE---Liam Neeson will play private detective Philip Marlowe in this movie based on the novel THE BLACK-EYED BLONDE. Neil Jordan is the director. William Monahan (THE DEPARTED) is the writer.

FIREBRITE---AMC Plus Australian vampire series about England sending vampires to 1788 Australia to eliminate the indigenous population and two indigenous vampire hunters who combat the last of the blood-thirsty predators.

THE MUNSTERS---Rob Zombie confirmed his movie based on the 1964 comedy monster tv series is underway.

EUROPA---eight-part sci fi espionage miniseries underway from the TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY miniseries team that is based on the novel FRACTURED EUROPE SEQUENCE.

SHE SAID---Carey Mulligan and Zoe Kazan are in negotiations to star in this movie about the two journalists who exposed sexual predator/producer Harvey Weinstein.

SHADOW AND BONE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Odyssey of Flight 33", an airliner enters a time warp and travels back in time where they see a dinosaur. The dinosaur model and set were from the 1960 movie DINOSAURUS! and cost $2.500 to film which is the most expensive ever for the series. The episode's technical consultant was Rod Serling's brother, Robert J. Serling, who was a pilot and UPI aviation writer.

in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Odyssey of Flight 33", an airliner enters a time warp and travels back in time where they see a dinosaur.

TWILIGHT-ZONE-ODYSSEY-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-DINOSAURUS-1-B-FOTOR.jpg

The dinosaur model and set were from the 1960 movie DINOSAURUS! and cost $2.500 to film which is the most expensive ever for the series.

TWILIGHT-ZONE-DINOSAURUS-3-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9

INVASION---trailer released for the Apple TV+ alien invasion movie starring Sam Neill.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-UkWWnb2g

THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE---trailer released for the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker biomovie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDO2oXAgQbI

MIRACLE WORKERS: OREGON TRAIL---trailer released for the TBS comedy series starring Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tzg__CJnx0

INDIANA JONES 5---photo released of Harrison Ford on the film set in England.

INDIANA-JONES-FOTOR.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE---photo released from the sequel.

GHOSTBUSTERS-FOTOR.jpg

PAM & TOMMY---photo released of Lily James and Sebastian Stan starring in the Hulu miniseries about the Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee honeymoon sex tape.

PAM-TOMMY.jpg

BATWOMAN---photo released of Camrus Johnson as Batwing.

BATWOMAN-FOTOR.jpg

ABRAHAM'S BOYS---movie underway based on the Joe Hill vampire short story about Abraham Van Helsing's sons, Max and Rudy, who are not aware of their father's past.

GAME OF THRONES---HBO's Casey Bloys commented on the various spinoff series, "HOUSE OF THE DRAGON is the only one shooting. All the other ones are in various stages of development. People may think we have 10 series shooting at the moment. There’s one that will be on the air in 2022. We’ll see how the other scripts come along."

THE PENTAVERATE---Mike Myers will play seven characters in this Netflix comedy miniseries whose synopsis says, "What if a secret society of five men has been working to influence world events for the greater good since the Black Plague of 1347? As this new series begins, one unlikely Canadian journalist finds himself embroiled in a mission to uncover the truth and just possibly save the world himself. Remember, the Pentaverate must never be exposed!"

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4---Bill Skarsgard is in negotiations to co-star in the sequel.

In 2006, DIE ANOTHER DAY director Lee Tamahori was arrested after he was dressed in women's clothing and offered to perform a sex act in exchange for money to an undercover Los Angeles police officer. A friend of Tamahori said, "No one was surprised when Lee was arrested for a sex offense. He's always been kinky in his private life, but the transsexual thing was a shock. He's never shown any interest in men sexually."
The friend added, "In fact, there is a lot of amusement at the whole incident. During the filming of the last Bond movie DIE ANOTHER DAY, in London, Lee used to dress up in latex and go to fetish clubs with Sasha [his girlfriend, Sasha Turjak]. He was a regular on the scene and it was an open secret. He definitely liked the alternative side of sex with black, tight latex costumes, uniforms and so on."

Lee Tamahori with Halle Berry on the film set of DIE ANOTHER DAY.

LEE-TAMAHORI-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JUNE 10

STAR WARS---Pedro Pascal said THE MANDALORIAN Season 3 will probably not premiere until 2022, “We haven’t shot a third season so confidentially, so anyway let me tell you what’s going on.” THE MANDALORIAN is being delayed in part because the Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries is currently shooting on the facilities that THE MANDALORIAN is filmed on.
Sources say THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT just finished filming and should be seen as "THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 2.5" because characters from THE MANDALORIAN will appear in THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT.
Also, Liam Neeson was asked if he will return for the Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries, “I heard Ewan McGregor was going to do a series. No, I don’t think so. No, I haven’t been approached.” Neeson then joked that Lucasfilm can't afford him.

MANDALORIAN-FOTOR.jpg

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Colin Trevorrow commented on Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern returning along with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, and they will be involved in two parallel stories, "They are such big characters in the film. It's not a cameo. They're in the whole movie, so I think it'll be difficult to market the film without revealing them because they're all over it. I think that their roles are just as big as Chris and Bryce's are. So it's really a story that is two parallel lines that are getting closer and closer together until they collide. The thing that I could do that would show the most respect to these characters is put them on an adventure together and not just have them sit around. I don't want them commenting on what's going on. I want him to be in it. So that's what we did."
He added that DOMINION has been shown to die-hard JURASSIC PARK fans, "to deep fans of JURASSIC PARK, people who swear by it and love it, and then seeing how they feel. It's been a much more involved process with the audience this time."
Trevorrow said it is in post-production, "We're pretty far along. We actually just screened it today. For some very close friends and family, people we trust. And heading into a sound mix, which is one of my favorite parts. I get to go to San Francisco, back home, where I've mixed all my movies, and go to Skywalker Ranch and finish it up."
Also, Collider.com commented on the DOMINION IMAX preview,
"The preview takes place both in the past and the present, kicking off 65 million years ago, during the Cretaceous period, and the score was done by composer Michael Giacchino. The preview plays like a nature film where we are following a number of dinosaurs as they wander around the land. It's peaceful and quiet, allowing us to take in the beauty of our planet before humans arrived. In addition, since we’re back in time, we get to see seven new species of dinosaurs, created by the team at Industrial Light & Magic, that have never been seen in any Jurassic film before: Dreadnoughtus, Quetzalcoatlus, Oviraptor, Nasutoceratops, Iguanodon, Morus intrepidus, and Giganotosaurus.
Towards the middle of the extended preview we encounter a T-Rex and a Giganotosaurus fighting, and after a short battle, the T-Rex is killed. As we get a close-up on his eye dilating, we see a mosquito fly in and suck out some blood from the area nearby. Is it the same amber mosquito that John Hammond has on his staff in the first Jurassic Park movie? That is undetermined, but it’s pretty clear this is the origin story of the T-Rex we have come to know and love in the Jurassic films.
As we cut to 65 million years later, we are following the T-Rex as it is racing through a forest being chased by people in a helicopter trying to take it down with a tranquilizer dart. As the race through the forest continues, the T-Rex enters a drive-in parking lot where chaos unfolds as people scramble to escape the massive dinosaur. As the sequence ends, you’ll be left wanting more.
While I could go on and on about why the footage was so impressive, the main thing that left me speechless was how amazing the VFX was in bringing these dinosaurs to life. In the footage you can see the webbing in some of the mouths, chipped teeth, and hair! Trust me, if you are a fan of the Jurassic World series, you are going to want to buy a ticket to F9 in IMAX to see this footage."

JURASSIC-WORLD-FOTOR.jpg

THE OFFER---Dan Fogler will play Francis Ford Coppola and Giovanni Ribisi will play mobster Joe Colombo in the Paramount+ miniseries about the making of THE GODFATHER.

THE-OFFER.jpg

THE LITTLE MERMAID--photo from the Walt Disney remake shows Halle Bailey as Ariel.

LITTLE-MERMAID-FOTOR.jpg

THAT DIRTY BLACK BAG---Dominic Cooper and Douglas Booth will star in this spaghetti Western miniseries in which Sheriff Arthur McCoy takes on ruthless bounty hunter Red Bill, who decapitates his victims and puts their heads in a dirty, black bag.

MacGRUBER---Sam Elliot will play MacGruber's father, Laurence Fishburne will play General Barrett Fassose, the husband of Vicki St. Elmo (Kristen Wiig) and Mickey Rourke will play villain Brigadier General Enos Queeth.

ZOEY'S EXTRAORDINARY PLAYLIST---NBC cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, 6' 5" Pat Roach played two roles: the Giant Sherpa in the bar fight scene ("Shoot them...Shoot them both.") and the Nazi airplane mechanic in the Flying Wing fight scene.

Pat Roach played the Giant Sherpa in the bar fight scene ("Shoot them...Shoot them both.").

PAT-ROACH-2-A-FOTOR-1.jpg

Roach also played the Nazi airplane mechanic in the Flying Wing fight scene.

PAT-ROACH-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, JUNE 11

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Warner Bros. is developing an animated prequel movie titled THE WAR OF ROHIRRIM which focuses on Helm Hammerhand, the ninth King Rohan and the battle in JRR Tolkien's novels. The movie will be a “companion piece” to Peter Jackson's movies with “story and artistic elements” from them. THE LORD OF THE RINGS co-writer Philippa Boyens will be the script consultant. Kenji Kamiyama is the director.

WAR-OF-ROHIRRIM-FOTOR.jpg

ANDOR---Forest Whitaker is returning as Saw Gerrera in the Disney+ prequel to ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY. A rumor claims Ben Mendelsohn is also returning as Director Orson Callan Krennic.

ANDOR-FOTOR.jpg

LOKI---the premiere drew 890,000 viewers in the US making it Disney+/Marvel's best premiere. By comparison, WANDAVISION had 650,000 and THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER had 759,000.

INDIANA JONES 5---director James Mangold commented on the rumor that the sequel title is INDIANA JONES AND THE EVIL EMPIRE, "FALSE! The title will come later."

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC will air four special episodes that will focus on Daryl, Maggie, Carol and Negan. The synopsis says, "charts the story of the zombie apocalypse from the point of view of a single character and features new interviews and narrations from the actors that portray these iconic characters, interwoven with clips from the most pivotal moments of their journeys so far." Premiere is July 15.

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4---Laurence Fishburne confirmed he is returning for the latest sequel, “I read the script. It’s really, really cool. As much as it’s the same world as the other three films, it’s just deeper. It’s much deeper in terms of the code of the assassin and the relationship that he has with one character in particular who I think Mr. Watanabe is playing… is really the heart and soul of it.”

AQUAMAN---director James Wan said the sequel title is AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM.

TWILIGHT OF THE GODS---Zack Snyder is developing an animated tv series based on Norse mythology, “It’s my take on Norse mythology and it’s really cool. We’re doing it with Digital Dimension who are doing the animation and it’s just going to be unlike anything you’ve ever seen,” says Snyder on the stream. “Because in animation, we can do anything we want which is so fun, and fun for all of us. As the creatives involved, we just can go nuts, and I think you’re going to love it.” The voice cast includes Lauren Cohan (THE WALKING DEAD) and Sylvia Hoeks (BLADE RUNNER 2049).

TED---Peacock tv prequel series underway based on the Seth McFarlane movies.

SHE-HULK---Jameela Jamil will play Titana.

TRIVIA---actress Elan Oberon only had five roles and all five were roles written and/or directed by her husband, John Milius: RED DAWN, FAREWELL TO THE KING, MOTORCYCLE GANG, THE TWILIGHT ZONE "Opening Day" and MIAMI VICE "Viking Bikers From Hell". Perhaps her most famous role was Alicia in the original RED DAWN which was directed and co-written by Milius.

Elan Oberon's most famous role was Alicia in RED DAWN which was directed and co-written by her husband, John Milius.

ELAN-OBERON-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back