Movie/TV News (4 Viewers)

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9

THE MATRIX RESURRECTIONS---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

DON'T LOOK UP---trailer released for the Netflix comedy sci fi movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL9aJcqrtnw

STAR TREK: PICARD---Paramount+ renewed the series for Season 3 and released the trailer for Season 2.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nla49r_Pb1g

STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS---featurette released for the Paramount+ tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc7ZWdJY6ZY

STAR TREK: PRODIGY---trailer released for the Paramount+ animated tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBE7d8sH5Rg

C'MON C'MON---trailer released for the Joaquin Phoenix movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzushAOM88

ENCOUNTER---trailer released for the Amazon Prime alien invasion movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckhMoPQqeQ4

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---new trailer released for THE SOPRANOS prequel movie. Also, creator David Chase commented on the movie being released in theaters and on HBO Max, "Extremely angry, and I still am. I mean, I don’t know how much you go into this, you know, like…okay. If I was…one of those guys, if one of those executives was sitting here and I was to start pissing and moaning about it, they’d say, you know, there’s 17 other movies that have the same problem. What could we do? Covid! Well, I know, but those 16 other movies didn’t start out as a television show. They don’t have to shed that television image before you get people to the theater. But we do. And that’s where we’re at. People should go see it in a theater. It was designed to be a movie. It was…it’s beautiful as a movie. I never thought that it would be back on HBO. Never."
He added, "I could’ve walked away, yes, but there was a part of that story where my partner Lawrence was saying come on, let’s get to work. Let’s do something, do something, do something. It’ll be good for you. Now, do you walk away from that? I don’t know."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbCyYany34

SNIFF---Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren and Danny DeVito will star this movie about a retired detective (Freeman) and his former partner (DeVito), who investigate two murders in a luxury retirement community run by a kingpin (Pacino) and his female enforcer (Mirren). Taylor Hackford, Mirren's husband, is the director.

SNIFF-2.jpg

THE OLD WAY---Nicolas Cage will star in the Western movie in which a retired gunslinger teams up with his 12 year-old daughter to seek revenge on the outlaws who murdered his wife.

OLD-WAY-1.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---Andrew Garfield denied rumors he is returning for the sequel, “I understand why people are freaking out about the concept of that because I’m a fan as well. You can’t help but imagine scenes and moments of ‘Oh, my God, how f–king cool would it be if they did that?’. But it’s important for me to say on the record that this is not something I’m aware I am involved in. But I know I’m not going to be able to say anything that will convince anyone that I don’t know what’s happening. No matter what I say, I’m f–ked. It’s either going to be really disappointing for people or it’s going to be really exciting.”

PEACEMAKER---James Gunn denied rumors that Bane will appear in the HBO Max tv series starring John Cena.

MONARCH---Susan Sarandon and Anna Friel will star in this Fox tv series about a country music family dynasty.

24---Fox Entertainment head Michael Thorn said a revival tv series is being discussed, "There [are] some active creative discussions that are happening.”

TRIVIA---character actor John Fiedler co-starred in two sci fi tv series episodes about an alien killer on Earth: the STAR TREK episode "Wolf In The Fold" and the KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER episode "They Have Been, They Are, They Will Be...".
In STAR TREK's "Wolf In The Fold", Fiedler played Mr. Hengist, an interstellar serial killer, also known as Jack the Ripper on Earth, who killed two women on Argellius II. Starship Enterprise Engineering Office Montgomery Scott is the prime suspect. Fielder said, "One of my favorite parts was an episode of STAR TREK where I played Jack the Ripper." In KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER's "They Have Been, They Are, They Will Be...", Fiedler played Chicago morgue attendant Gordy "The Ghoul" Spangler, who gives newspaper reporter Carl Kolchak autopsy information on an alien killer that sucks the bone marrow out of its victims.

In STAR TREK's "Wolf In The Fold", Fiedler played Mr. Hengist, an interstellar serial killer, also known as Jack the Ripper on Earth, who killed two women on Argellius II. Starship Enterprise Engineering Office Montgomery Scott is the prime suspect.

JOHN-FIEDLER-STAR-TREK-FOTOR.jpg

In KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER's "They Have Been, They Are, They Will Be...", Fiedler played Chicago morgue attendant Gordy "The Ghoul" Spangler, who gives newspaper reporter Carl Kolchak autopsy information on an alien killer that sucks the bone marrow out of its victims.

JOHN-FIEDLER-KOLCHAK-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10

DEXTER: NEW BLOOD---trailer released for the Showtime revival series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9H1uSS_zkk

CSI: VEGAS---trailer released for the revival series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwh-t0EQH6U

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for Season 7.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZi0ghqkGo

GHOSTS---trailer released for the new CBS comedy series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF73THql8YY

OPPENHEIMER---Christopher Nolan is working on an untitled biomovie about J. Robert Oppenheimer, who led the effort to develop the atomic bomb during World War II.

OPPENHEIMER-1.jpg

STAR TREK---on the 55th anniversary of STAR TREK, William Shatner commented on his controversial 1986 appearance on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE in which he was at a STAR TREK convention and told the Trekkies in the audience. "Get a life". Trekkies and STAR TREK creator Gene Roddenberry felt it was demeaning. Shatner said, "I understood [the controversy], but I also understood that it was so amusing that most people would laugh, which they did. Some people didn't, and I'm sorry. But it was meant in fun. And I advise you to laugh."

STAR-TREK-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

DEN OF THIEVES 2---Gerard Butler said the sequel is underway, “We’re supposed to shoot early next year. We’re Europe-bound, we’re still on the hunt for Donnie who’s now on the diamond district in Marseilles. I go over to hunt him down, but with different intentions than you might imagine. So we’re gonna be in Marseilles, the Alps and London – it’s definitely a more glamorous journey than the last one, and probably a more fun, sexy journey.”

HALLOWEEN KILLS---the sequel will premiere on October 15 in theaters and on Peacock.

NIMH---Fox animated tv series underway based on the children's book trilogy. The 1982 animated movie THE SECRET OF NIMH was also based on the books.

TEDDY RUXPIN---movie and animated tv series franchise underway based on the toy bear.

TRIVIA---Ian Holm co-starred in two sci fi movies which had a lead character named Dallas. In ALIEN, Holm played science officer Ash and Tom Skerritt played Dallas, captain of the space tug Nostromo. In THE FIFTH ELEMENT, Holm played Vito Cornelius and Bruce Willis played taxi driver Korben Dallas.

In ALIEN, Holm (left) played science officer Ash and Tom Skerritt (right) played Dallas, captain of the space tug Nostromo.

IAN-HOLM-ALIEN-FOTOR.jpg

In THE FIFTH ELEMENT, Holm played Vito Cornelius and Bruce Willis played taxi driver Korben Dallas.

IAN-HOLM-FIFTH-ELEMENT-1-C-FOTOR-1.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

HAWKEYE---trailer released for the Disney+/Marvel Studios tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VYb3B1ETlk

THE MATRIX RESURRECTIONS---the synopsis was released for the sequel, “THE MATRIX RESURRECTIONS is a continuation of the story established in the first MATRIX film. It reunites Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss as cinematic icons Neo & Trinity in an expansion of their story that ventures back into the Matrix and even deeper down the rabbit hole.
A mind-bending new adventure with action and epic scale, it’s set in a familiar yet even more provocative world where reality is more subjective than ever and all that’s required to see the truth is to free your mind.
Twenty years after the first film, the franchise that helped define pop culture at the turn of the century is back for a continuation and extension of the original movie. THE MATRIX remains in the zeitgeist as a film that has changed the way we look at cinema and reality itself. With its game-changing action and visual effects, THE MATRIX helped pave the way for films to follow.”

SKULLS---cinematographer Jeff Cutter released a photo for the end of filming for the prequel which stars Amber Midthunder as a "Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior" and battles the Predator's first hunting trip on Earth.
A rumor claims the prequel is set during the Civil War.

SKULLS-FOTOR.jpg

THE EXPENDABLES 4---Andy Garcia will play a CIA agent in the sequel that also stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Megan Fox.

RIDLEY SCOTT---Scott commented on his plans for future movies, “I tend to look for material that I haven’t done before. I’m constantly looking for something that is fresh and different. I’ve never done a musical. I’ve never done a Western. So I’m looking for that now.”

NO TIME TO DIE---the James Bond sequel is the longest Bond movie ever with a 163 minute run time.

HIDE---David Tennant is developing this new tv series about a disgraced journalist who is working on a story that will revive his career and undergoes a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde transformation after an accident.

TOMB RAIDER---Hayley Atwell will provide the voice for Lara Croft in the Netflix animated tv series.

WARRIOR---Gavin O'Connor is developing a tv series based on the 2011 Tom Hardy movie. The tv series will involve two men and two women in the Sparta MMA tournament.

GOSSIP GIRL---HBO Max renewed the reboot series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Tiger Tanaka was the head of the Japanese Secret Service. Tiger Tanaka, a Thoroughbred racehorse named after the Bond movie character, was one of the best racehorses in Europe in 2020 when she won six out of eight races, including the Prix Marcel Boussac and the Prix Francois Boutin.

TIGER-TANAKA-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

TIGER-TANAKA-HORSE-2-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14

DUNE: PART ONE---Denis Villeneuve said the fate of PART TWO depends on PART ONE's success in theaters and on HBO Max, “I agreed to the challenge of making PART ONE and then wait to see if the movie rings enough enthusiasm. As I was doing the first part, I really put all my passion into it, in case it would be the only one. But I’m optimistic.”
He added, “If such a thing as DUNE: PART TWO happens, I will say that it’s going to be an insane playground for me. It’s going to be just like pure cinematic pleasure for the second part.”

NIGHTHAWKS---Frank Grillo and Sylvester Stallone will star in the tv miniseries remake of Stallone's 1981 movie that also starred Rutger Hauer and Billy Dee Williams. Grillo said, "We’re redoing NIGHTHAWKS as a limited TV series – eight episodes. I’m playing him. He’s directing, he’s gonna direct ‘em, and then he’s gonna be in it…It’s happening as we speak, we’re selling it right now." In the movie, Stallone played a New York cop battling an international terrorist.

NIGHTHAWKS-3-FOTOR.jpg

NO TIME TO DIE---Britt Eckland, a Bond Girl in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, commented on the idea that James Bond is the father of Dr, Madeleine Swann's daughter, Mathilde, "James Bond is many things, but a father? What an absolutely dreadful idea. Unthinkable, really. How would that even work? Can you imagine him swinging from a helicopter, skiing down a mountainside, rescuing a beautiful girl from being crushed under a car, then heading home to put on his sweatpants and do bath-time?...The whole idea is hideous and to even start imagining the sort of father Bond would be is to head down a route we should avoid."

NO-TIME-TO-DIE-3-FOTOR.jpg

SHE-RA---Amazon Prime and DreamWorks Animation are in the "very early stages" of developing a live-action tv series that is not connected to the animated tv series.

THE BLACK PHONE---Ethan Hawke and James Ransone star in this Scott Derrickson horror movie about a teenage boy who is locked in a soundproof basement by a serial child killer and receives phone calls from previous victims on a disconnected phone.

ERASER---Dominic Sherwood (PENNY DREADFUL: CITY OF ANGELS) is the star of the reboot of the 1996 movie that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vanessa Williams, James Caan and James Coburn.

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---Andrew Garfield commented on a leaked photo of him on the NO WAY HOME film set, "I heard about it, I did see it. And it’s a photoshop."
Also, the first comic book to feature Spider-Man, "Amazing Fantasy No. 15" (1962), sold for a record $3.6 million at auction.

PARTNER TRACK---Arden Cho will star in the Netflix tv series based on the novel.

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: THE MUSICAL: THE SERIES---Disney+ renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---Joanna Cameron, best known for starring in the children's Saturday morning tv series, ISIS, was in the GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS for appearing in more tv commercials, 105, than anyone else. TV GUIDE said advertisers, "have spent more than $100 million using Joanna as the beauteous centerpiece of their commercials for cosmetics, shampoo, wine, beer, panty hose and breath freshener, among other things."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h542BUdACH4

JOANNA-CAMERON-2-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15

WEST SIDE STORY---trailer released for the Steven Spielberg remake movie musical.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5GJLwWiYSg

INDIANA JONES---a British tabloid said "insiders" claim Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy has chosen INDIANA JONES 5 co-star Phoebe Waller-Bridge to be Harrison's Ford's successor as the next Indiana Jones. The sources say Kennedy's decision to have a female Indiana Jones is a "big, bold" change in the movie franchise. Kennedy's spokesperson "declined to comment" on the rumor.
Another rumor claims Waller-Bridge plays Indiana Jones's assistant in INDIANA JONES 5.

INDIANA-JONES-2.jpg

NIGHTMARE ALLEY---photo released from the Guillermo del Toro movie based on the novel which stars Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett and Willem Dafoe.

NIGHTMARE-ALLEY-FOTOR.jpg

ONLY MURDERS---Hulu renewed the comedy series starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez for Season 2. The series had Hulu's highest-rated comedy premier.

TRIPLETS---Tracy Morgan will play the long-lost brother of the characters played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito in the sequel to the 1988 TWINS.

WEDNESDAY---Gwendoline Christie will play Larissa Weems, principal of the Nevermore Academy, in the Tim Burton/Netflix tv series based on the Addams Family.

MARVEL ZOMBIES---comic book writer Mark Millar posted that Marvel Studios is developing a live-action project based on the comic book, "(if my sources are correct) a little live-action Marvel Zombies further down the line, but you never heard that from me."

LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND---Mahershala Ali and Julia Roberts star in this Netflix movie based on the novel. Sam Esmail (MR. ROBOT) is the writer/director.

GRENDEL---Netflix tv series based on the Dark Horse comic book is underway. Abubakr Ali will star which makes him "the first Arab Muslim male actor to portray a series lead in a comic book adaptation”.

TRIVIA---British character actor Percy Herbert co-starred in two of special effects legend Ray Harryhausen's monster movies: MYSTERIOUS ISLAND and ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. Herbert played Sergeant Pencroft in MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, and he played caveman villain Sakana in ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.

Percy Herbert played Sergeant Pencroft in Ray Harryhausen's MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.

PERCY-HERBERT-MYSTERIOUS-ISLAND-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Pencroft is grabbed by Harryhausen's giant Cephalopod in MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.

PERCY-HERBERT-MYSTERIOUS-ISLAND-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

Herbert played villain caveman Sakana in Harryhausen's ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., which also starred Raquel Welch and John Richardson.

PERCY-HERBERT-ONE-MILLION-YEARS-BC-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

John Richardson battles Harryhausen's Allosaurus in ONE MILLION YEARS B. C.

PERCY-HERBERT-ONE-MILLION-YEARS-BC-6-A-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16

FINCH---poster released for the Apple TV+ movie starring Tom Hanks as a scientist who builds a robot to take care of his dog.

FINCH-FOTOR.jpg

MARVEL STUDIOS---Denis Villeneuve's comment on Marvel Studios movies drew an angry response from Neill Blomkamp. Villeneuve said "The problem today… Well, if we’re talking about Marvel, the thing is, all these films are made from the same mold. Some filmmakers can add a little color to it, but they’re all cast in the same factory. It doesn’t take anything away from the movies, but they are formatted.”
Blomkamp posted his reply, "What a f*cking asshole"

MARVEL-STUDIOS.jpg

BLACK WIDOW---Jamie Lee Curtis commented on Scarlet Johansson's lawsuit against the Walt Disney Company, "I recently watched her own the screen as the Black Widow, who exacts revenge on a powerful figure who manipulates (emphasis on man) women to fight for him. And then I saw her brilliant response to a real-life manipulation (same emphasis), when she filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against the studio, alleging its decision to release the film simultaneously in theaters and on streaming cost her substantial losses in pay. Whether as an assassin with a conscience, an actor with an emotional center or, having just given birth to her second child, a fierce mother, the message is clear: Don’t f*ck with this mama bear."

FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR---Bryce Dallas Howard will direct this female-led Disney+ remake of the 1986 sci fi movie.

THE BODYGUARD---Matthew Lopez (THE INHERITANCE) will write the script for the remake of the 1992 movie that starred Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston.

TWISTED METAL---Anthony Mackie will star in the tv series based on the PlayStation video game.

THE SENIOR---Michael Chiklis will star in this biomovie about Mike Flynt who was kicked off his college football team and returned 37 years later to rejoin the team.

JEOPARDY!---Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will be the hosts for the rest of the season.

HARRY POTTER: HOGWARTS TOURNAMENT OF HOUSES---on the 20th anniversary of the first HARRY POTTER movie, Helen Mirren will host this four-part ACME Night, TBS and HBO Max tv special in which Harry Potter fans compete for the House Cup.

TRIVIA--in Alfred Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW, Judith Evelyn played "Miss Lonelyhearts". Evelyn and her fiance, Canadian radio producer Andrew Allan, were among the survivors when their ocean liner, the SS Athenia, became the first British ship to be torpedoed and sunk by a German U-boat on September 3, 1939 in the opening days of World War II. Of the 1,418 people on the Athenia, 117 died.

REAR-WINDOW-FOTOR.jpg

REAR-WINDOW-ATHENIA-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17

NIGHTMARE ALLEY---trailer released for the Guillermo del Toro movie starring Bradley Cooper.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-qVV8zyVmI

80 DAYS---trailer released for the miniseries starring David Tennant.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbwZiJP50mw

FOUNDATION---featurette released for the Apple TV+ sci fi series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmv92GzD0pY

MARVEL STUDIOS---DOCTOR STRANGE writer/director Scott Derrickson replied to Denis Villeneuve's comments about Marvel movies, "Anyone who lambastes Marvel movies as all being the same has either a) not seen them all and therefore shouldn’t assume they’re all the same, or b) seen them all because hey, they actually quite like watching Marvel movies."

MARVEL-STUDIOS-2.jpg

JIGSAW---Giancarlo Esposito stars in this Netflix interactive heist series inspired by the true story of $70 billion in bonds that went missing in downtown Manhattan during Hurricane Sandy. Ridley Scott is the producer.

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN MURDER AND MAYHEM---Mandy Patinkin stars in this Hulu pilot in which the world's greatest detective, Rufus Cotesworth, must solve a murder on an ocean liner with the passengers being the rich and famous.

DIVINITY---movie about two brothers who kidnap a mogul seeking immortality. Steven Soderbergh is the producer.

JEOPARDY!---LeVar Burton said he will seek other game show host opportunities now that JEOPARDY! has chosen Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings, "I never thought about hosting any other game show outside of Jeopardy! But now, they went in a different direction with their show, which is their right, and now I'm thinking, well, it does kind of make sense, let me see what I can do. So we're trying to figure out what the right game show for LeVar Burton would be."

TRIVIA---September 27, 2021 is the 77th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion of Holland in hopes to end World War II in Europe early. Audrey Hepburn was offered the role of Kate ter Horst in Richard Attenborough's epic A BRIDGE TOO FAR based on Market Garden, but she declined the role because it was a painful reminder of her childhood suffering during the Nazi-occupation of Holland. The role was given to Liv Ullmann.
Kate ter Horst lived in Arnhem, the town where the final phase of Market Garden was fought when British paratroopers attempted to seize the bridge which would allow Allied forces to cross the Rhine River and into Germany to end the war early. During the battle, she gave permission for the British to use her house as a first aid station for the wounded. Ter Horst helped about 250 wounded paratroopers. Two years after the war, her oldest son, Pieter Albert, was killed by a land mine left over from the war.
During Operation Market Garden, Audrey Hepburn and her mother lived near Arnhem where they helped wounded British paratroopers. The Nazis had executed Hepburn's uncle two years before. During the Battle of Arnhem, the Dutch resistance leader asked Hepburn's mother to hide a British paratrooper in the cellar for a week. Hepburn's mother gave him a bottle of champagne just before he was smuggled out to safety. During the occupation, Hepburn suffered from malnutrition which led to her developing anemia, edema, asthma and jaundice. At the end of the war, Hepburn, then 16 years old, only weighed 88 pounds. A Dutch soldier gave the starving Hepburn some chocolate bars. Decades later, as one of Hollywood greatest actresses, Hepburn kept chocolate bars in a drawer in her living room.

September 17, 2021 is the 77th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion of Holland, as portrayed in A BRIDGE TOO FAR. This scene shows the German attack on the bridge at Arnhem where Kate ter Horst lived and Audrey Hepburn lived nearby.

A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-BRIDGE-1-FOTOR.jpg

In A BRIDGE TOO FAR, Audrey Hepburn was offered the role of Kate ter Horst, but she declined the role because it was a painful reminder of her childhood suffering during the Nazi-occupied occupation of Holland.

A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-AUDREY-HEPBURN-FOTOR.jpg

In A BRIDGE TOO FAR, Kate ter Horst (Liv Ullmann) agreed to let her house be used as a first aid station for wounded British paratroopers.

A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-LIV-ULLMANN-2-FOTOR.jpg

Liv Ullmann with Kate ter Horst.

A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-KATE-der-HORST-1.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20

FINCH---trailer released for the Apple TV+ sci fi movie starring Tom Hanks.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0bYWnP3jH4

HALLOWEEN KILLS---new trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TifYB1SwwUo

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor said the Disney+ prequel miniseries has finished filming, “We finished shooting our series, and it was really, really good fun — I really enjoyed working with Deborah Chow. I think it will not disappoint. I think it’s gonna be good. I had a really good time making it, and worked with some really wonderful people, lovely people. The new technology we employed doing it is cool, and it was a different experience than making the original three films that I did.”
Hayden Christensen and Joel Edgerton also star.

OBI-WAN-KENOBI-FOTOR.jpg

THE BATMAN---Matt Reeves posted a photo with a glimpse of Robert Pattinson as Batman.

BATMAN-FOTOR.jpg

THE FLASH---Andy Muschietti posted a photo of what appears to be Michael Keaton's original Batman suit painted like the The Flash's suit.

FLASH-BATMAN-FOTOR.jpg

BANSHEE---Antonio Banderas, Jaime King and Tommy Flanagan will star in this movie about a female mercenary who is targeted by an assassin who killed her father and now seeks to kill her mentor.

THE LOST BOYS---Noah Jupe (A QUIET PLACE) and Jaeden Martell (IT) will star in the remake of the 1987 vampire movie that starred Jason Patric and Kiefer Sutherland.

RIFT---US remake underway of the Icelandic horror movie about two friends who are haunted by an evil entity.

LAST LIGHT---Matthew Fox will star in this Peacock miniseries about a petrochemical engineer and his family in the Middle East where he discovers the world's oil supply has been compromised.

THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN was a spoof of James Bond movies in which former Chief Inspector Dreyfus is the villain. Writer/director Blake Edwards tried unsuccessfully to get Sean Connery or Roger Moore to play a British spy assigned to assassinate Chief Inspector Clouseau, so Edwards got Omar Sharif to play an Egyptian spy assigned to assassinate Clouseau. Ironically, Lom co-starred with Sean Connery in THE FRIGHTENED CITY, and Lom appeared with Roger Moore in CURSE OF THE PINK PANTHER.
Lom and Bond movie producer Cubby Broccoli were good friends and they talked about Lom being a Bond villain, but unfortunately, it never came to be.

PINK-PANTHER-STRIKES-AGAIN-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

Writer/director Blake Edwards tried unsuccessfully to get Sean Connery or Roger Moore to play a British spy assigned to assassinate Chief Inspector Clouseau, so Edwards got Omar Sharif to play an Egyptian spy assigned to assassinate Clouseau.

PINK-PANTHER-STRIKES-AGAIN-OMAR-SHARIFF-FOTOR.jpg

Ironically, Lom co-starred with Sean Connery in THE FRIGHTENED CITY, and Lom appeared with Roger Moore in CURSE OF THE PINK PANTHER.

PINK-PANTHER-STRIKES-AGAIN-FRIGHTENED-CITY-FOTOR.jpg

PINK-PANTHER-STRIKES-AGAIN-ROGER-MOORE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Is it me or does everything seems to be retreads? Does no one in Hollywood think of something new and original.
Mark

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21

THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH---trailer released for the movie starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3hsVrBMA4

STAR WARS---Marcia Lucas, Academy Award-winning editor of the first three STAR WARS movies and the ex-wife of George Lucas, commented on the current state of the STAR WARS franchise, “I like Kathleen [Kennedy]. I always liked her. She was full of beans. She was really smart and really bright. Really wonderful woman. And I liked her husband, Frank [Marshall]. I liked them a lot.
Now that she’s running Lucasfilm and making movies, it seems to me that Kathy Kennedy and J.J. Abrams don’t have a clue about STAR WARS. They don’t get it.
And J.J. Abrams is writing these stories – when I saw that movie where they kill Han Solo, I was furious. I was furious when they killed Han Solo. Absolutely, positively there was no rhyme or reason to it. I thought, ‘You don’t get the Jedi story. You don’t get the magic of ‘Star Wars’. You’re getting rid of Han Solo?'”
They have Luke disintegrate. They killed Han Solo. They killed Luke Skywalker. And they don’t have Princess Leia anymore. And they’re spitting out movies every year.
And they think it’s important to appeal to a woman’s audience, so now their main character is this female, who’s supposed to have Jedi powers, but we don’t know how she got Jedi powers, or who she is. It sucks. The storylines are terrible. Just terrible. Awful. You can quote me…J.J. Abrams, Kathy Kennedy – talk to me.'”

STAR-WARS-FOTOR.jpg

QUANTUM LEAP---Scott Bakula said, "very significant conversations" are underway for a reboot or revival of his tv series. He added, “I don’t know what it would be. I don’t know who would have it. The rights were a mess for years. I don’t know if they’re even sorted out now. That’s always been the biggest complication.” The original series ran on NBC from 1989-1993.

QUANTUM-LEAP-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME---Topher Grace gave a tongue-in-cheek comment about him returning as Venom in NO WAY HOME, "Please keep it between us but yes, I am in it. The plot starts with Peter Parker (Tom Holland) bummed that everyone knows his identity and then some crazy ***** happens with Dr. Strange and Dr. Octopus (Alfred Molina) comes into his dimension. Then Electro and the Green Goblin hop out of one of those 'energy circles' and they’re like 'It’s spider stompin time'. Then Tom Hardy and I pop out and battle each other and I win (obvi), it’s like not even a fight I just kick his *** immediately. Not to give too much away but there are also some actors from the original 70s Spiderman show, Aquaman and Batman (Affleck, not Keaton) crossover, and thanks to Disney Han Solo’s ghost from Rise of Skywalker, and that Eve robot from Wall-E. Again, please keep between us."

BACKLIGHT---Liam Neeson stars in this movie as a mercenary hired by the FBI to gets its undercover agents out of trouble and discovers a vast conspiracy.

THE WHEEL OF TIME---Donal Finn will replace Barney Harris as Mat Cauthon. No reason was given for the change.

NETFLIX---Netflix cancelled HIT & RUN because it was too expensive and renewed MY UNORTHODOX LIFE for Season 2.

THREE WOMEN---Betty Gilpin, Shailene Woodley and DeWanda Wise star in this Showtime series based on the book.

TRIVIA---character actor Ed Lauter played a cavalry officer in two Charles Bronson Western movies: BREAKHEART PASS and THE WHITE BUFFALO. In BREAKHEART PASS, Lauter played Major Claremont. In THE WHITE BUFFALO, Lauter played Captain Tom Custer, the younger brother of Lieutenant George Armstrong Custer.

In BREAKHEART PASS, Ed Lauter played Major Claremont with Richard Crenna and Jill Ireland, Charles Bronson's wife.

ED-LAUTER-BREAKHEART-PASS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In THE WHITE BUFFALO, Lauter played Captain Tom Custer, the younger brother of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer.

ED-LAUTER-WHITE-BUFFALO-2-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

INVASION---trailer released for the Apple TV+ alien invasion miniseries starring Sam Neill.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6L_Go-xacA

AMERICAN UNDERDOG---trailer released for the biomovie about NFL quarterback Kurt Warner starring Zachary Levi.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OyATVvN9oQ

HOT ZONE: ANTHRAX---trailer released for the National Geographic series starring Daniel Dae Kim and Tony Goldwyn.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lp-52LEnw

HELL HATH NO FURY---trailer released for the World War II movie about a gold heist and revenge.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OyATVvN9oQ

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN---Demian Bichir, Grace Gummer, Anika Noni Rose and Madison Taylor Baez star in this Showtime series based on the vampire novel and movies. The series is described as, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN "centers on Mark (Bichir) and his daughter Eleanor (Baez), whose lives were changed ten years earlier when the girl was turned into a vampire. Locked in at age 12, perhaps forever, Eleanor lives a closed-in life, able to go out only at night, while her father does his best to provide her with the human blood she needs to stay alive. Rose plays homicide detective and single mother Naomi, who moves in next door to Mark with a son the same age. Gummer joins the cast as Claire, the heiress of a pharmaceutical company who rejects the family business in order to pursue more noble disease research."

LET-RIGHT-ONE-IN.jpg

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---director Alan Taylor said Edie Falco had a cameo in the prequel, but it was deleted, "We had Edie come in and she dressed up as Carmela and we shot something with her and it wound up not being in the final movie but it was a great excuse to see her again. She’s so ridiculously talented and she’s also one of these people who – and it seems to frequently be women – that manage to be perfect actors and also the sanest people you’ve ever met in your life."

KNIGHTS OF THE ZODIAC---Mackenyu, Sean Bean and Famke Janssen star in this live-action movie based on the anime SAINT SEIYA.

LOST---Damon Lindelof said he has no regrets about how LOST ended, "There was never any regret on our part. There was no moment where we were like, 'oh, maybe there should be a Season 7. If anything it was the other way around, like could we convince them to end it in five."

THE COMEBACK GIRL---Kathryn Hahn will star in this Showtime miniseries about Joan Rivers after her tv show, THE LATE SHOW STARRING JOAN RIVERS, was cancelled and the death of her husband.

TRIVIA---in the original STAR TREK tv series, the starship Enterprise had 56 crew members killed in three seasons. The numbers confirm the belief that crew members with red shirts had the highest mortality rate (26).

1. Red shirts (engineering, communications and security)---26
2. Blue shirts (science, medical)---7
3. Yellow shirts (command)---8
4. Unknown---15

KILLED CREW LIST: https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/database/redshirt_deaths.htm

STAR-TREK-KIA-2-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

DUNE---Chinese trailer released for the remake movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AnFTMh0kU

THE ELECTRICAL LIFE OF LOUIS WAIN---trailer released for the Amazon Prime movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch..

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzDr_tbL-es

NIGHT TEETH---trailer released for the Netflix vampire movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97IZUJ8vRA

BRITNEY VS SPEARS---trailer released for the Netflix Britney Spears documentary.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgFDWK_sf9c

BLACK FRIDAY!--Bruce Campbell and Devon Sawa star in this holiday horror movie set on the year's biggest shopping day where toy store employees battle customers that are turned into flesh-eating monsters by a strange parasite.

BLACK-FRIDAY-FOTOR.jpg

LIFT---Kevin Hart stars in this Netflix movie about a master thief who is persuaded by his ex-girlfriend and the FBI to commit a major heist on an airliner flying from London to Zurich.

THE ORVILLE---Seth MacFarlane said the new season will have its Hulu premiere on March 22. 2022.

TIGER KING 2---Netflix is developing a sequel to the series.

RUGRATS---Paramount+ renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---Wilford Brimley is best known for playing biologist Blair in THE THING and Coach Pop Fisher in THE NATURAL. Before he became an actor, Brimley worked at many jobs including being a bodyguard for reclusive billionaire Howard Hughes.
Brimley, a member of the Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, was hired by Hughes because Mormons did not drink or smoke and did not talk very much. Brimley said about the enigmatic Hughes, "He was a good guy."

Wilford Brimley is best known for playing biologist Blair in THE THING and Coach Pop Fisher in THE NATURAL.

WILFORD-BRIMLEY-THING-2-D-FOTOR.jpg

WILFORD-BRIMLEY-NATURAL-1-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

Before he became an actor, Brimley worked at many jobs including being a bodyguard for reclusive billionaire Howard Hughes.

WILFORD-BRIMLEY-HOWARD-HUGHES-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24

BENEDETTA---trailer released for the Paul Verhoeven movie about a 17th-century lesbian nun.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Tr2iDTvsY

THE LAST DUEL---featurette released on the Ridley Scott movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGoNftHI3wc

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---the GAME OF THRONES prequel cast additions include Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling, Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin Strong, David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos and Jefferson Hall as twins Jason and Tyland Lannister.

HOUSE-OF-DRAGON-2.jpg

DOCTOR WHO---Russell T. Davies, creator of the 2005 DOCTOR WHO revival series, will be replacing departed Chris Chibnall as showrunner. Davies said, “I’m beyond excited to be back on my favorite show. But we’re time-travelling too fast, there’s a whole series of Jodie Whittaker’s brilliant Doctor for me to enjoy, with my friend and hero Chris Chibnall at the helm – I’m still a viewer for now.”
Whittaker's replacement has not been chosen yet.

DOCTOR-WHO.jpg

ALL THE LIGHT---movie underway based on the World War II novel about a blind French girl and a German soldier in Nazi-occupied France. Shawn Levy is the director/executive producer.

STAR WARS: EPISODE I--THE PHANTOM MENACE---Marcia Lucas, the ex-wife of George Lucas and editor of the original STAR WARS trilogy, commented on THE PHANTOM MENACE, "...when I went to see EPISODE I-I had a friend who worked at ILM, who took me as a guest to a preview-I remember going out to the parking lot, sitting in my car and crying. I cried. I cried because I didn’t think it was very good. And I thought he had such a rich vein to mine, a rich palette to tell stories with. He had all those characters."
She added, "...and I thought it was weird that the story was about this little boy who looked like he was six years old, but then later on he’s supposed to get with this princess who looked like she was twenty years old."

PHANTOM-MENACE-1.jpg

MADONNA---Madonna commented on reports that Florence Pugh (BLACK WIDOW) might play her in the upcoming biomovie, "Uh, I don’t know. We haven’t decided yet, but she’s definitely up there. She’s up there on the list. If she’ll have me!"

TEEN WOLF---Paramount+ is developing a movie sequel to the tv series with the original cast in talks to return.

TRIVIA---the middle names of director/actor Ron Howard's children are taken from where they were conceived.

Bryce Dallas Howard---Dallas, Texas
Paige Carlyle Howard and Jocelyn Carlyle Howard---Hotel Carlyle, New York
Reed Cross Howard---Cross is a famous London street (Ron Howard said, "Volvo isn't a very good middle name.")

RON-HOWARD-1.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 27

THE WITCHER---trailer released for Season 2. Also, Netflix renewed the series for Season 3.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JgqgwdylB8

STRANGER THINGS---trailer released for Season 4.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgsUzL75Yjk

ARMY OF THIEVES---trailer released for the Netflix prequel to ARMY OF THE DEAD.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ith2WetKXlg

COBRA KAI---trailer released for Season 4.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQ3EQl_W98

THE SANDMAN---trailer released for the Netflix series based on the comic book.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBXqrBl6pEo

STAR TREK---William Shatner will reportedly be a passenger on Blue Origin's New Shepard flight on October 12. The New Shepard's first flight included Jeff Bezos, who founded Blue Origin and Amazon. Shatner, 90, will be the oldest passenger to travel in space. Sources close to Shatner say his flight will be filmed for an upcoming documentary. TMZ said, "It's also unclear what Shatner's paying for his spot onboard New Shepard ... our sources believe he's being comped, which would be a smart move for Bezos."

STAR-TREK-FOTOR.jpg

SALEM'S LOT---Pilou Asbaek (GAME OF THRONES) will play Richard Straker, vampire Barlow's assistant in the theatrical movie based on the Stephen King novel. James Mason played Straker in the 1979 tv miniseries.

SALEMS-LOT-1.jpg

NIGHT COURT---NBC ordered to series the sequel to the sitcom that starred Harry Anderson. John Larroquette returns and Melissa Rauch will play Judge Abby stone, daughter of Judge Harry Stone.

NIGHT-COURT.jpg

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION---James McAvoy commented on playing a young Jean-Luc Picard in a possible reboot, "I've often talked about loving STAR TREK, and jokingly, but also kind of seriously been like, if you ever want to do a young Jean-Luc Picard, I'm your man. But I'm probably getting close to being too old to do a young Jean-Luc Picard now. So there's that. [...] But then, now we live in the land of remakes, so there's always a chance. There's always a chance that you're going to get on a show. But the only one that comes to mind is STAR TREK, I think. I've always loved it. Always."

FIXERS---George Clooney and Brad Pitt will star in this untitled movie about a, “tale of two lone wolf fixers assigned to the same job”. Jon Watts (SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING) is the writer/director/producer.

JAMES BOND---producer Barbara Broccoli said the search for Daniel Craig's replacement will begin in 2022, “Oh God no. We’re not thinking about it at all. We want Daniel to have his time of celebration. Next year we’ll start thinking about the future.”

BEASTS OF PREY---Netflix movie underway based on the novel about two black teenagers who battle the monster terrorizing their hometown.

THE OTHER TWO---HBO Max renewed the series for Season 3.

In DIE ANOTHER DAY, Rosamund Pike played Bond Girl and Bond Villain Miranda Frost, a traitorous MI-6 agent. Pike was good friends with Chelsea Clinton when they were students at Oxford University.
However, British tabloids claim their friendship ended when Rosamund told Chelsea she supported Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton, Obama's Democratic rival and Chelsea's mother.

ROSAMUND-PIKE-PIERCE-BROSNAN-1.jpg

ROSAMUND-PIKE-CHELSEA-1.jpg

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28

THE GIRL IN THE WOODS---trailer released for the Peacock horror movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MudPmb8s8

BABYLON 5---J. Michael Straczynski and the CW are developing a reboot of his 1990s sci fi series. The reboot has Earthforce officer John Sheridan assigned to head Babylon 5 as a war with an advanced alien civilization accidentally occurs.

BABYLON-5-FOTOR.jpg

STRANGER THINGS---Netflix co-head Ted Sarandos said a spinoff series is underway. Speculation is that the spinoff will star Millie Bobbie Brown.

STRANGER-THINGS.jpg

THE BOYS---Amazon has ordered the untitled spinoff series which is set at the college for young superheroes.

TEKWAR--William Shatner is developing an adult animated tv series based on his sci fi novels. Matt Michnovetz (STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS) is the writer.

THE WOODS---JK Simmons and Fernanda Urrejola star in this movie about a girl being pursued by a serial killer in the woods.

RIDDICK 4---Vin Diesel commented on the status of the sequel, “Incredible meeting today, thanks team you know who you are… Let’s just say Furia may be closer than you think."

THE MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY---Disney+ renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---Nancy Allen and Bobby Di Cicco co-starred in two World War II movies based on events that never happened: Steven Spielberg's 1941 and THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT.
1941 was based on the Battle of Los Angeles in which US anti-aircraft guns fired on what was thought to be a Japanese air attack on Los Angeles in February, 1942. The military later attributed the Japanese bombers to really being a US weather balloon.
THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT was based on the urban legend that in the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, the Navy tried to make the destroyer escort USS Eldridge stealthy by using massive amounts of electricity which caused the ship to be enveloped in a bluish-green light and then vanish and reappear in the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and then reappear again back in Philadelphia. Supposedly, some of the warship's crew were driven insane and others had their bodies fused within the warship itself. The experiment was later found to be a hoax by ex-merchant marine Carl M. Allen, a known prankster.

In 1941, Nancy Allen played Donna Stratton and Bobby Di Cicco played Wally Stephens.

PHILADELPHIA-EXPERIMENT-NANCY-ALLEN-1-B-FOTOR-2.jpg

PHILADELPHIA-EXPERIMENT-BOBBY-DI-CICCIO-4-FOTOR.jpg

1941 was based on the Battle of Los Angeles where US anti-aircraft guns fired on Japanese bombers that turned out to be a US weather balloon.

PHILADELPHIA-EXPERIMENT-BATTLE-OF-LOS-ANGELES-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

In THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT, Allen played Allison Hayes and Di Cicco played USS Eldridge crewman Jim Parker.

PHILADELPHIA-EXPERIMENT-NANCY-ALLEN-3-FOTOR.jpg

PHILADELPHIA-EXPERIMENT-BOBBY-DI-CICCIO-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT was based on the urban legend that in the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, the Navy tried to make the destroyer escort USS Eldridge stealthy by using massive amounts of electricity which caused the ship to be enveloped in a bluish-green light and then vanish and reappear in the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and then reappear again back in Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA-EXPERIMENT-USS-ELDRIDGE-2-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT---Disney+ announced THE MANDALORIAN spinoff series will premiere on December 29.

LAW & ORDER---NBC is reviving the original tv series it cancelled after Season 20 ended in 2010. Some of the original cast will return, but no actors were mentioned.

LAW-ORDER.jpg

STAR TREK---Rod Roddenberry, son of STAR TREK creator Gene Roddenberry, commented on Quentin Tarantino's cancelled R-rated STAR TREK movie, "I struggle with that because the way I’m pretty myopic with the way I see STAR TREK. I mentioned that I grew up with fans coming up to me out saying how STAR TREK inspired them and gave them hope for the future. It’s the optimism and the messaging in there that make STAR TREK what it was. I truly believe that. If you create a STAR TREK, that is just action; that is not STAR TREK, in my opinion. That’s what makes it different than STAR WARS, and I love STAR WARS, but they can both coexist. And I love Tarantino’s work and the kind of films that he does. I am trying to have an open mind."

STAR-TREK.jpg

ANIMAL FARM---Andy Serkis said the next movie he will direct will be the movie based on the George Orwell novel.

ENOLA HOLMES 2---Helena Bonham Carter, Loius Partridge and Susan Wokoma have been confirmed as returning for the sequel. David Thewlis also joined the cast.

X-MEN---Marvel Studios President of Physical, Post Production, VFX and Animation Victoria Alonso feels "X-Men" is sexist and might be changed in the future when she “hinted that internal thinking is that the name ‘X-Men’ isn’t sufficiently inclusive...I don’t know where the future is going. It’s funny that people call it the X-Men, there’s a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it’s outdated."

DEPT. H---Netflix movie underway based on the comic book.

ARCHER---FXX renewed the series for Season 13.

SEX/LIFE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in 1974 Chrysler began offering Corinthian Leather on its Imperial LeBaron. In 1975 Chrysler introduced the Cordoba, a smaller luxury car, with Corinthian Leather and featured actor Ricardo Montalban in its tv commercials. The result was a huge sales hit for Chrysler with orders exceeding the actual production, and Montalban became Chrysler's spokesman for 15 years.
The tv commercials implied that Corinthian Leather was of an exotic origin and was rare, premium and luxurious. In reality, Corinthian Leather was a marketing name conceived by Chrysler's ad agency and was the same leather used in Chrysler's other cars---all of which were made by Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.
David Letterman asked Montalban about "Corinthian" and its luxurious quality and origins, "Does it mean anything?" Montalban laughingly replied, "Nothing."

COMMERCIAL LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0diMFShiUU

CORINTHIAN-LEATHER-1-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30

ROCKY IV: DIRECTORS CUT---trailer released for the directors cut.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qjV0bB2V0Q

JUST BEYOND---trailer released for the Disney+ anthology horror series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GVrR8233E

GLADIATOR 2---Ridley Scott said he will start the GLADIATOR sequel after he finishes his KITBAG Napoleon Bonaparte biomovie, “I’m already having GLADIATOR [sequel] written now. So when I’ve done [KITBAG], GLADIATOR will be ready to go.”

GLADIATOR-FOTOR-2.jpg

STAR WARS---Mark Hamill defended the much-maligned prequel trilogy, "I was impressed the prequels had their own identity. They were criticized because they were exposition-heavy and more cerebral and probably, like he said back in 1976, they weren’t as commercial. It’s a darker story. But in the age of social media, people’s voices are amplified, and I’m shocked at how brutal they can be, not just in the case of STAR WARS films, but across the board."

DOCTOR STRANGE 2---Sam Raimi commented on why he chose DOCTOR STRANGE 2 after the negative fan response to SPIDER-MAN 3, "I didn't know that I could face it again because it was so awful, having been the director of SPIDER-MAN 3. The Internet was getting revved up and people disliked that movie and they sure let me know about it. So, it was difficult to take back on. But then, I found out that there was an opening on DOCTOR STRANGE 2. My agent called me and said, 'They're looking for a director at Marvel for this movie and your name came up. Would you be interested?' And I thought, 'I wonder if I could still do it.' They're really demanding, those types of pictures. And I felt, 'Well, that's reason enough.'

WONKA---Olivia Colman, Rowan Atkinson and Sally Hawkins will co-star with Timothee Chalamet in the movie musical prequel.

THE BROKEN EARTH---TriStar Pictures movie underway based on the fantasy novels.

TRUE LIES---Ginger Gonzaga will play Helen Tasker in the CBS pilot based on the 1994 movie that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis.

TRIVIA---the action-thriller cop movie SHARKY'S MACHINE starred Burt Reynolds and Rachel Ward in her first major movie role. It was based on the William Diehl novel. Diehl appeared in the movie as Percy Sinclair, a pimp who leaves his address book behind in the police vice squad room which leads Atlanta cop Sharky to Dominoe, a "thousand a night thoroughbred imported" hooker (Ward).

SHARKYS-MACHINE-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

SHARKYS-MACHINE-1-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1

BLACK WIDOW---Scarlett Johansson's lawsuit against Walt Disney has been settled. Johansson claimed her contract was based on a theatrical release, but Walt Disney released the movie in theaters and on Disney+ which lowered theater ticket sales and reduced her salary. Although no terms of the settlement were released, sources say Johannson was originally paid $20 million and sued for $50 million, but settled for $40 million. BLACK WIDOW has grossed over $378 million so far.

BLACK-WIDOW.jpg

BUTCH CASSIDY---tv miniseries underway based on the book BUTCH CASSIDY: THE TRUE STORY OF AN AMERICAN OUTLAW. The 1969 movie BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID starred Paul Newman and Robert Redford.

BUTCH-CASSIDY-1.jpg

SHOGUN---the FX miniseries based on the James Clavell novel will star Cosmo Jarvis as John Blackthorne, Hiroyuki Sanada as Lord Yoshi Toranaga and Anna Sawai as Lady Mariko. The 1980 miniseries starred Richard Chamberlain and Toshiro Mifune.

REPTILE---Benecio Del Toro, Alicia Silverstone and Justin Timberlake will star in this Netflix movie about a detective who investigates the brutal murder of a real estate agent.

THE SANDMAN---Jenna Coleman will play 18th-century Lady Johanna Constantine and her modern-day paranormal investigator ancestor in the Netflix series based on the comic book.

TRAINSPOTTING---Robert Carlyle said a tv series based on the 1996 movie is being discussed.

SISTER ACT 3---Tim Federle is the director and Madhuri Shekar is the writer of the Disney+ sequel starring Whoopi Goldberg.

CRUEL INTENTIONS---IMDb TV is developing a tv series based on the 1999 movie that starred Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair and Reese Witherspoon.

TRIVIA---Tom Clancy's first best-selling novel, THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, was made into a hit movie starring Sean Connery. Ironically, both Clancy and Connery died in the month of October. Clancy died on October 1, 2013 and Connery died on October 31, 2020.

HUNT-FOR-RED-OCTOBER-SUB-1-B-FOTOR.jpg

HUNT-FOR-RED-OCTOBER-TOM-CLANCY-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

HUNT-FOR-RED-OCTOBER-SEAN-CONNERY-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, OCTOBER 4

BOSTON STRANGLER---Keira Knightley will play Loretta McLaughlin, the journalist who broke the story about the serial killer who terrorized Boston in the 1960s. Ridley Scott and Margot Robbie are the co-producers. The 1968 movie THE BOSTON STRANGLER starred Tony Curtis and Henry Fonda.

BOSTON-STRANGLER.jpg

DANGEROUS---Scott Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Famke Janssen and Tyrese Gibson star in this movie about an ex-con who investigates the murder of his brother.

DANGEROUS.jpg

MR. HARRIGAN'S PHONE---Donald Sutherland and Jaeden Martell will star in the horror movie based on the Stephen King short story.

HALLOWEEN---Blumhouse head Jason Blum said he hopes the HALLOWEEN franchise will continue after the third movie in the trilogy, HALLOWEEN ENDS, "We made an arrangement for three movies. We had a three-picture marriage with Michael Myers. I would love to extend it. If Malek [Akkad] would like us, I'd love to extend it, but we're very busy making sure the third movie is spectacular because that's our immediate job and if it goes beyond that, I'd be thrilled. But there are currently no plans for us to be involved after this third movie."

BILLIONS---Damien Lewis confirmed he is not returning for Season 6.

THE END---Tilda Swinton and George McKay will star in this musical movie "about the last human family".

MASTER GARDENER---Sigourney Weaver and Joel Edgerton will star in this Paul Schrader movie about a horticulturist who is having affairs with an older woman and a young black woman.

MR. CORMAN---Apple TV+ cancelled the series.

FAUCI---National Geographic/Disney+ documentary about Dr. Anthony Fauci will premiere on October 6.

A study by Casumo.com, an online gambling website, used data from IMDb to rank the most popular James Bond as chosen by the fans. Out of a possible 10 maximum score, the results were:

1. Timothy Dalton---7.3
2. Daniel Craig---7.2
3. Sean Connery---6.9
4. Pierce Brosnan---6.6
5. Roger Moore---6.6
6. George Lazenby---6.1

TIMOTHY-DALTON-3-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back