My Flat Collection (2 Viewers)

Take a look at Berliner Zinnfiguren site Michael - plenty of painted flats there - including some very nice Heyde Replica figures ( amongst many others). Best place I know - plus at least one of the Staff (Burkhard) speaks English - and will help with transactions via e-mail. Link below: jb

http://www.zinnfigur.com/index.php?language=en&osCsid=httjnjeqafd0j062a5b87p1s35
Micheal, your right, you really will find a very wide variety of quality painting wise out there, most factory (german) sets pre painted are very low quality. Berliner has a great selection as JB pointed out but they are expensive and all are quoted in Euro's which has an exchange rate at $1.40 U.S. Dollars per, which really drives the price thru the roof. Once again I would advise looking at Two Trees at Michigan toy soldier store, very good quality, reasonably priced on the high side, but quality always is a bit more
Russian Guard Currassiers Czars own regiment at Borodino 1812

You have a fantastic collection Ray.Do you have them hanging on walls or do you display them a different way?
Mark

Hi Guys,

My flats were all found at German Flea Markets and have some issues but I expect that from figures that are from the 1920's and 30's. So I will begin with several shots of some very neat WWI Germans.

Enjoy

Dave

SAM_0462.JPGSAM_0461.JPGgas mask troops.jpg

If ever you want to get rid of those sets of the Romanov Dynasty, I'm your man!
Great sets! I want them {sm4}

Micheal, your right, you really will find a very wide variety of quality painting wise out there, most factory (german) sets pre painted are very low quality. Berliner has a great selection as JB pointed out but they are expensive and all are quoted in Euro's which has an exchange rate at $1.40 U.S. Dollars per, which really drives the price thru the roof. Once again I would advise looking at Two Trees at Michigan toy soldier store, very good quality, reasonably priced on the high side, but quality always is a bit more
Russian Guard Currassiers Czars own regiment at Borodino 1812

My wife is going to be so mad at youuuuuu! I just ordered 2 Napoleonic Cavalry flats sets from MTS. Both show in stock and I will post photos when recieved. Maybe since they are smaller, she will think they are cheaper..:redface2: Michael

You have a fantastic collection Ray.Do you have them hanging on walls or do you display them a different way?
Mark

Hi Mark,
Yes I display many in really inexpensive display cases I found at hobby lobby, but really I have way too many now to hang on the wall I'm looking for a horizontal blue print type file cabinet to store for easy access and viewing now

m_russian set framed.jpgpicture frame flats 2 (Custom) (Custom).JPGpicture frame flats 1 (Custom) (Custom).JPGView attachment 136759

Attachments

• m_russian set framed 1.jpg
    m_russian set framed 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

My flats were all found at German Flea Markets and have some issues but I expect that from figures that are from the 1920's and 30's. So I will begin with several shots of some very neat WWI Germans.

Enjoy

Dave

View attachment 136694View attachment 136695View attachment 136696

Dave,
This is an example of factory painting, a little crude but really interesting for nearly 100 years old! WWI is covered exhaustively in flats, There is some really interesting WWII stuff (mostly German) too

My wife is going to be so mad at youuuuuu! I just ordered 2 Napoleonic Cavalry flats sets from MTS. Both show in stock and I will post photos when recieved. Maybe since they are smaller, she will think they are cheaper..:redface2: Michael

Michael
You are in BIG Trouble! not just your wife, wait till you see these beauty's first hand! Which sets did you get?
Lucky for me I don't get to Penn. much so your wife won't get a shot at me :eek:

If ever you want to get rid of those sets of the Romanov Dynasty, I'm your man!
Great sets! I want them {sm4}

Don't think I'll be parting with these soon, but if I come across another set I'll be sure to let you know

Hi Guys,

I have a few more sets that I will take some photos of and will post soon. Some very interesting sets and eras here.

Dave

Michael
You are in BIG Trouble! not just your wife, wait till you see these beauty's first hand! Which sets did you get?
Lucky for me I don't get to Penn. much so your wife won't get a shot at me :eek:

Ordered French Cuirassiers and Chausseurs de Cheval...If I like these ,closeup, then the rest of French cavalry and artillery...AND THEN THE WORLD...^&grin Michael

What a nice collection you have Ray, those ancients are very smart! ^&cool

Jeff :salute::

If the dealer is back again in December I'll take some more photos of his sets at the London show.

I have to tell - I bought a set of 30mm Flats of some Scots Greys as unpainted castings - a few years ago, from Berliner Zinnfiguren Shop in Germany. They have been quietly languishing in a drawer, ever since - because I have been afraid "to have a go" at painting them!

The engraved detail on them - is exquisite - and I didn't want to spoil them. BUT after seeing your collection - I've been enthused to give them a try! There's always paint-stripper if I do mess them up. johnnybach

Thank you John,
wish I could take credit for doing these but I've just not got the talent for work as fine as this, most are commissions, I have a fine artist in St. Petersburg, Russia who does great work. I have to be very patient as the process generally is buy them via internet in Europe, ship to USA, communicate wants and work out detail with google translate to Russia, ship to Russia, wait till there painted and shipped back, 6 months not uncommon.

These 2 sets were bought as seen on ebay:
French general Staff and Bonaparte at Borodino 1812 and The Old Guard

{sm2} G'day mate, And you say you don't have the patience to paint them. The process you go through to buy them, post them, get them painted and wait for the return is plenty of patience, I think. They are truely impressive. Cheers, Johno.

I'm in with Johnny Bach. I have a couple of sets waiting to be done. Now I have to get em out and start. As if I don't have enough to do. I thought "don't look, don't read it", but it's too late. Hooked again. buggar!{sm4}

What a nice collection you have Ray, those ancients are very smart! ^&cool

Jeff :salute::

If the dealer is back again in December I'll take some more photos of his sets at the London show.

Jeff, always enjoy your London Photos, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you can find.
I do have a special request, if you come across any of the smaller wooden boxed type sets, usually in Russian but I've seen them in german that I've posted on this thread, I would appreciate if you could get me some contact info? I'm lucky if I find these once a year and there my most favorite, you might see some on your side of the pond?
Ray

{sm2} G'day mate, And you say you don't have the patience to paint them. The process you go through to buy them, post them, get them painted and wait for the return is plenty of patience, I think. They are truely impressive. Cheers, Johno.

John,
You missed one very important word, Talent! That's the main reason I don't paint myself, I know in Germany they have flat clubs that get together once a week or month and they sit in a large room and shoot the breeze, paint and drink adult beverages, if I could get that kind of tutoring I might become truly consumed by this hobby!
Ray

By the way I just today got these photos of half of my latest commission:
Cossacks at Borodino, with artillery
Austrian Grenadiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back