My Flat Collection (2 Viewers)

Ray,

When I can figure out how to get photos from my computer to this Forum I'll send some of my flats.

Yes the IFFS forum is pretty much devoted to painting flats and showing them - unlike the old BFFS forum where other interests were more common.

Scott (a.k.a. "Asterix")

Scott! Thank you for letting me know your handle over there at IFFS, too embarassed to tell you I couldn't figure it out.:redface2:
I use photo bucket, set up free account, load from my computer there and just copy to treefrog, It's mainly a size of pic issue on this site.
Hope that helps,
Ray

I love all things flat and I guess it includes printed matter( don't know what the physchological implications are) but found these prints by another artist.
I also enjoy the larger european size about 12" x 15"
Ray

I love all things flat and I guess it includes printed matter( don't know what the physchological implications are) but found these prints by another artist.
I also enjoy the larger european size about 12" x 15"
Ray

Thanks for posting these images of Le Grande Armee, most impressive, can we see more ???

John

[/QUOTE]

Hello Ray,

Love your collection of figures and paintings. This particular unit really interests me, especially the standing officer with the shrunken overalls. Would you know what unit it is?

Rgds Victor

Hello Ray,

Love your collection of figures and paintings. This particular unit really interests me, especially the standing officer with the shrunken overalls. Would you know what unit it is?

Rgds Victor

Victor,

my guess is that they are 1st or 2nd Regt Bavarian Light Cavalry, but the print looks a bit faded, and what should be red, is a lighter shade, almost pink?

What makes me more sure is the blue and white lace, being blue diamonds on the edging of the saddlecloth.

Here is a figure from Del Prado .......

del-nc100_officer%20bavarian%20chevau-legers.jpg

Anyone confirm this??

John

How about this ...

lh5_20.jpg

Even shows the bugler, so I think I'm right??

But I think its 4th or 5th Regt due to the red collar ???

John

How about this ...

lh5_20.jpg

Even shows the bugler, so I think I'm right??

But I think its 4th or 5th Regt due to the red collar ???

John

Based on your uniform illustration John, I would guess the officer in the forground is from the 5th reg. as he wears grey trousers with the gold buttoned red piping as shown?
Ray

I've found another figures this time by Tradition of London from their model soldier range.

T54 026 Officer Chevau Legers

product_thumb.php

He is wearing his parade trousers, not the grey overalls shown in the plate, and available as casting or painted.

There are others makers figures available on Berlin Zinnfiguren website too,

John

I've found another figures this time by Tradition of London from their model soldier range.

T54 026 Officer Chevau Legers

product_thumb.php

He is wearing his parade trousers, not the grey overalls shown in the plate, and available as casting or painted.

There are others makers figures available on Berlin Zinnfiguren website too,

John

John,
Bavarian cavalry is one of my favorite, posted this command set a while back but I have many more, just maybe not the quality I would like, none the less I'll dig them out and I'll post some pics.
Ray

Here's some more bavarian, Dragoons and some horse artillery following up

Hello Ray and John,

Thanks for piquing my interest in this Bavarian unit and helping with the identification. 5th Bavarian Chevaulegers it is.
I particularly liked the dandy officer depicted with the black gloves, too short overalls and the draped sash. I might want to do a figure of him.

Rgds Victor

Hello Ray and John,

Thanks for piquing my interest in this Bavarian unit and helping with the identification. 5th Bavarian Chevaulegers it is.
I particularly liked the dandy officer depicted with the black gloves, too short overalls and the draped sash. I might want to do a figure of him.

Rgds Victor

Victor,
Good to hear from you, always enjoy your work and look forward to this one as well.
I have enhanced and cleaned up my copies of the prints, hope this is helpful.
And a couple other of these prints
Ray

One more Lelieprve print. Don't know if you notived but on that last group of prints the French Dragoons are 2nd Empire.
Merry Christmas guys!
Ray

One more Lelieprve print. Don't know if you notived but on that last group of prints the French Dragoons are 2nd Empire.

I have to admit that I missed the finer detail of that ...... but it was the night before Christmas :)

John

You hear a lot of people say a lot of bad things about Ebay but it's acess to world markets I would not even know existed if not for this market place. I picked up this group for the same as what I paid in postage, nice paint, I like the darker paint style.
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back