My Flat Collection (2 Viewers)

JB! excellent pic, a perfect pairing! like salt and pepper! shall we continue?

Okay amigo - I'll join in whenever I can! These were Prinz August castings, by the way jb

(P.S. Obee has a prize-winning collection of these too - and where I got the ideas for painting mine. Maybe if you ask him nicely, he'll put his up too).

Okay amigo - I'll join in whenever I can! These were Prinz August castings, by the way jb

(P.S. Obee has a prize-winning collection of these too - and where I got the ideas for painting mine. Maybe if you ask him nicely, he'll put his up too).

OK John?
one last time for 2016?
Ray

Ohh! I forget, this is a thread actually about flat figures!
I picked up this set from an artist who was very prolific with Russian themes in these very nice little boxed sets.
They were produced and painted in the 80's or 90's if I am correct, I have around 8 or 10 of these, always nicely done.
Ray

Ohh! I forget, this is a thread actually about flat figures!
I picked up this set from an artist who was very prolific with Russian themes in these very nice little boxed sets.
They were produced and painted in the 80's or 90's if I am correct, I have around 8 or 10 of these, always nicely done.
Ray

i noticed I misspoke, I did not get these from the artist, he died last year. here are a couple of more sets I wish I would have pushed a little harder to get, these are from War and Peace, if you are familiar or seen the Russian movie production Natasha's Ball.

i noticed I misspoke, I did not get these from the artist, he died last year. here are a couple of more sets I wish I would have pushed a little harder to get, these are from War and Peace, if you are familiar or seen the Russian movie production Natasha's Ball.

The "War and Peace" figures are exemplary !

Thank you for posting

I hesitate to post this here because we have a "how to section" elsewhere on this Forum. But how do I send pictures of some of my flats here?
I've gone to the how to section and photo bucket but as a techno Neanderthal I get lost in explanations easily. Is there any hope?

If anyone has time, I'd really appreciate some links to the main flats producers as this is a line I'd very much like to get in to; both current and historical manufacturers.

Absolutely love the pieces on this thread.

I hesitate to post this here because we have a "how to section" elsewhere on this Forum. But how do I send pictures of some of my flats here?
I've gone to the how to section and photo bucket but as a techno Neanderthal I get lost in explanations easily. Is there any hope?

Scott,
First, do you have the photos on your computer? second, do you have a photobucket account?
With these 2 things I can help you. The main problem is the size of pictures taken by most cameras and phones don't fit on the forum(too Large), by sending them to photobucket they automatically are sized to fit the forum and pretty easily transfered. let me know and we can work on this.
Ray

Ray,

Yes I have some pictures on my computer and can easily put on more. The photo bucket assistance would be most welcomed. If we're successful I can see this thread going well beyond 74 screens as I have a number of flats I'd like to share here.

Thanks in advance.

Scott (a.k.a. "Asterix" here)

If anyone has time, I'd really appreciate some links to the main flats producers as this is a line I'd very much like to get in to; both current and historical manufacturers.

Absolutely love the pieces on this thread.

Vicknor,

Do you want painted or unpainted flats or does that matter?

I'd start you by going to Ebay.de.com and type in "flachfiguren" into their search engine. It helps if you have an account with Paypal.

Vicknor,

Do you want painted or unpainted flats or does that matter?

I'd start you by going to Ebay.de.com and type in "flachfiguren" into their search engine. It helps if you have an account with Paypal.

It would have to be painted as I can even colour in the kids colouring books 😊😊

PayPal I don't have although can always organise should it be required.

Many thanks for the advice and I will certainly take a look.

I love those "labelled" sets (or however we should refer to them).
I just love the look of the figures in those frames with the wording.

It would have to be painted as I can even colour in the kids colouring books 😊😊

PayPal I don't have although can always organise should it be required.

Many thanks for the advice and I will certainly take a look.

Viknor, glad you enjoy them, I luv'em too!
Scott is correct and another great place to get a feel for the flat and whats available is Berliner Zinnfigure site, just google it. they have a lot of blank and painted figures painted to very fine but they are very pricey!
Also check out the International Flat Figure Society, day in day out artist post world class work.
If you have a particular interest let me know and I have a huge list of sellers. It's very much a cottage industry and it is very Eurocentric.
As one site calls the flat " the Least expensive fine art in the World"! There is some just Jaw dropping work out there, my collection is what I can afford, but it is for the vast majority of it is not even close to the best out there! (but I still love it!)
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back