My Flat Collection (3 Viewers)

If you've followed this thread you know there have been several collectors who have had difficulty with the sometimes complex technology of modern computers, while the seemingly infinate options the technology provides make it a wonderful tool it is a real challenge to stay on top of.
It is my pleasure to post some pics of Scott(asterix) beautiful collection, Scott! I am seriously impressed and look forward to you sharing more! Bravo!:salute::

From his collection

and his own work

Looks like Scott has a VERY nice collection! so far seems to fit all the spots I ain't!!

30 years war bannermen

Eastern Goths

Eastern Goth Cavalry

Ancients

A couple more pics of Scotts excellent collection
Ray

His own work

Done by others

I also managed to put another of my sets into a nice clear top display case:

Russain Horse Hrtillery(of the Guard?) 1812

Here is a nostalgic pic from Scott of a wargame in progress with his brother from the 70's
Alpine passes Goscinny crossings

I returned off the road last night to find to parcels of prints.Lelieprve and Tanconville
This Lelieprve Artillery au Chavel of the First Empire
Ray

A couple of Tanconville prints. These are a little different format, going to do some research to see what the difference is. the last group were straight up prints, these are a slightly smaller print thats pasted on a larger sheet with detail about the print posted below as opposed to directly on the print.
Ray

Another couple Tannconville prints, the title is a google translate from French
Ray

The 20th Chassuers review for Marie-Lousie at the Kehl Bridge

The Young Guard and the Vistula Legion

Duke Berry reviews the National Guarde of Colmar

Put this set of Jegerski Jagers into some scenery and under glass
Ray

I've been sitting on this set for a little while to try to hash out how to display it, not totally sold on this, what thinks ye?
Ray

I've been sitting on this set for a little while to try to hash out how to display it, not totally sold on this, what thinks ye?

Beware of dudes in thigh boots and wigs.............................A friend{sm2}

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware of dudes in thigh boots and wigs.............................A friend{sm2}

Thank you JB, I knew I could count on you for sage and country advice! I have heard some of the same warnings but since this scenario did not include any sheep, I thought it would be safe. :p

Thank you JB, I knew I could count on you for sage and country advice! I have heard some of the same warnings but since this scenario did not include any sheep, I thought it would be safe. :p

Those wigs look kinda sheepish! jb

trying to get back to the land that time forgot, I'll repost Scotts collection pics, nice oylefants, ancients and war machines

JB! if your out there please repost your herd for comparison as well

trying to get back to the land that time forgot, I'll repost Scotts collection pics, nice oylefants, ancients and war machines

JB! if your out there please repost your herd for comparison as well

Yo compadre! - looks like that got dumped as well. Here goes for take 2:

Carthaginian War Elephants plus Persian Chariot ( bought from Herr Dangelmaeir as castings - painted in gloss)

Other side of Elephants.

My other set also has two Elephants - but is a while later than those Ancients:

Royal Artillery - India c.1890 ( this one is by Karl-Werner Reiger - so see at Zinnfiguren Reiger) also painted in gloss by me - just in case Asterix would like to know, he also does other Elephants in his catalogue - well worth a look. :salute::

Last edited:
Yo compadre! - looks like that got dumped as well. Here goes for take 2:

Carthaginian War Elephants plus Persian Chariot ( bought from Herr Dangelmaeir as castings - painted in gloss)

Other side of Elephants.

My other set also has two Elephants - but is a while later than those Ancients:

Royal Artillery - India c.1890 ( this one is by Karl-Werner Reiger - so see at Zinnfiguren Reiger) also painted in gloss by me - just in case Asterix would like to know, he also does other Elephants in his catalogue - well worth a look. :salute::

Yup, Thats the ticket! you know I love your work JB, the knight especially but I can't help but think you missed your calling, just imagine the work you'd be doing now if you'd spent all those years perfecting your flat style??? :rolleyes:
Ray

Yup, Thats the ticket! you know I love your work JB, the knight especially but I can't help but think you missed your calling, just imagine the work you'd be doing now if you'd spent all those years perfecting your flat style??? :rolleyes:
Ray

There you go again Ray - using that four-lettered "W" word.

Ugh!

I'm retired - and love it just that way. Sure, I like doing a few Flats now and again - but variety is the spice of life - when I'm messing about with my hobby. I'm painting up a Knight just now, actually - but he's not a Flat. I also have a few smaller, slimmer variety of Knight in my Flat-Stash - but everything in it's time.

When it starts feeling like "work" - then that's the time to STOP!

Keep on posting yours Ray - it will encourage me to dig mine out again -{sm4}jb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back