My JJD Inter-War Aviation Collection (1 Viewer)

Well now that John has shown us a sneak peak of the new Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat all I do is think about it. Its release can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned. Been spending alot of time on line reading about this plane especially as assigned to the USS Saratoga CV-3. Here are a couple of photos showing Wildcats on board the SARA in pre-war 1941:

:smile2: Mike

Grumman-F4F-3-Wildcat-VF-5-Black-5F8-assigned-to-CV-3-USS-Saratoga-1941-01 (1024x708).jpg

461e27e2a1e14fa25f1f1baeeb390336 (738x562).jpg

John is really evening the odds against the K&C Japanese planes with the two Corsairs and now the Wildcat.

My budget is at a straining point with all the fantastic items that John has release lately and I am still behind.

BUT …. this is a plane that HAS TO BE HAD ..^&grin
George .. are you listening? :tongue:

Given the quality of all of John's other planes, this should be a WINNER!!!!

--- LaRRy

Since Grumman was a Long Island, NY company I will have to get the F4 Wildcat even though planes are not my basic military interest.
I saw one recently at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City, Long Island and its a beauty. Many people don't realize that Long Island, New York
was the actual "cradle of Aviation" and Lindberg took off on his cross Atlantic flight from Long Island to France.

On another note I would like to see JJD do a P40 which is the aircraft my father flew in WWII. The 79th Fighter Group which flew ground support for the British
8th Army in North Africa.

Here's a pretty nice photo of John's Wildcat as it was previewed and introduced at his most recent symposium . . . . A pretty bird for sure . . .

JJD F4F-3 Wildcat.jpg

Here's a pretty nice photo of John's Wildcat as it was previewed and introduced at his most recent symposium . . . . A pretty bird for sure . . .

I probably missed it, but when is the "potential" release date of this beauty?

--- LaRRy

It really is a sharp looking aircraft, typical of John's detailed and well-researched work. Can't wait to get one. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back