My JJD Inter-War Aviation Collection (3 Viewers)

[...] its my bank balance that's floundering in the high seas of TS finance :tongue:

:smile2: Mike

Don’t mean to harp on the $$$ component, but I’m genuinely grateful for the six-figure-set purchase option. It makes coping with this (small) flood of figures easier on the wallet.:D

-Moe

Don’t mean to harp on the $$$ component, but I’m genuinely grateful for the six-figure-set purchase option. It makes coping with this (small) flood of figures easier on the wallet.:D

-Moe

I certainly am too AL. Both of the IWA 6-figure sets work out to be $33 a figure which is a really good price in today's market.

Rearranged the deck activity . . . . All three F4B-4's of Section 4, VF-6B have now landed . . . . A beehive of activity on the flight deck . . .

DSC_0007 (1024x535).jpg

DSC_0010 (1024x458).jpg

DSC_0011 (1024x503).jpg

DSC_0012 (1024x507).jpg

DSC_0014 (1024x439).jpg

Rearranged the deck activity . . . . All three F4B-4's of Section 4, VF-6B have now landed . . . . A beehive of activity on the flight deck . . .

Really Cool !

Your "swarm" of activity is quite impressive.

Something to keep your mind off the snow.

Thank you for posting.

Really Cool !

Your "swarm" of activity is quite impressive.

Something to keep your mind off the snow.

Thank you for posting.

Thank you Ivanhoe . . . . Talking about snow . . . more predicted for tonight and tomorrow, a messy mix of rain and snow. Looks like March is going to come in like a Lion . . . . The nice thing though is that winter is just about over . . .

Looks really great Mike, love the flight deck scene.

Thank you Duke . . . Its certainly different than the "land war" scenes that you so generously post. Air power . . . got to have air power . . .

Looks fantastic, Mike. Really does justice to John's whole concept.
I don't know but I've been told, Navy wings are made of gold. I don't know but it's been said, Air Force wings are made of lead.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Looks fantastic, Mike. Really does justice to John's whole concept.
I don't know but I've been told, Navy wings are made of gold. I don't know but it's been said, Air Force wings are made of lead.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Thank you very much Al. I am hoping that John continues to build upon this concept with at least one Deck Officer, a couple of Plane Captains, and a few Pilots walking from/to or checking out their planes . . .

I was finally able to add the right-wingman Boeing F4B to complete my 3-plane section. Took me several months to get them all. Now I can start in on the deck plates and the deck crews, or at least some of them. Really like the 3 F4B's lined up on the shelf. Now to get the Sara's deck underneath them...:wink2: -- Al

IWA-20N Flight Deck Crew was welcomed aboard my SARA this afternoon. The SARA's flight deck is really buzzing with activity now . . . .

DSC_0006 (1024x589).jpg

DSC_0007 (1024x648).jpg

DSC_0014 (1024x590).jpg

Superb. I'm flashing back to the Golden Age of US Naval Aviation. Mike, this is what it's all about. -- Al

Thank you Al . . . . SARA's deck crowded with the F4B-4's and all of the support personnel really does make for quite a colorful diorama and I can see why this would take you back to the fledgling years of carrier based aviation . . . it certainly does me . . . .

Hey Mike, I found some additional video clips of air operations in "the early period:"

That's Part I. Part II will appear in a second post below.

-Moe

Thanks Moe . . . Great videos. Its amazing the jump in aviation from WWI 1918 to 1930's and then again from the 1930's to WWII 1945 not to even mention the huge technological leap from 1945 to current day . . .

Yes, THANK YOU, Moe ... the videos were fascinating. I enjoyed the "landing shots" as they gave you a better sense of what it was like to really approach a carrier deck, as opposed to the "movies."

Also enjoyed the antics of the crew on Washington's birthday.

Some thing that John should consider is various crew members "PUSHING" the plane as seen in many of the videos. Quite interesting.

JOHN ....????? Some new ideas?

--- LaRRy

Thanks Moe . . . Great videos. Its amazing the jump in aviation from WWI 1918 to 1930's and then again from the 1930's to WWII 1945 not to even mention the huge technological leap from 1945 to current day . . .

Yes, THANK YOU, Moe ... the videos were fascinating. I enjoyed the "landing shots" as they gave you a better sense of what it was like to really approach a carrier deck, as opposed to the "movies."

Also enjoyed the antics of the crew on Washington's birthday.

Some thing that John should consider is various crew members "PUSHING" the plane as seen in many of the videos. Quite interesting.

JOHN ....????? Some new ideas?

--- LaRRy

Glad you fellas enjoyed the little videos. Here's another one, albeit somewhat more sober in nature, a years worth of mishaps on Enterprise that was compiled in 1940:

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back