My JJD Inter-War Aviation Collection (1 Viewer)

Mike, your setup is gonna be really impressive with all those figures arrayed around the models.:cool:

-Moe

Thank you Moe . . . I am sure you will be getting these figures as well . . .

The swabbies really look great. Will be getting some after New Years. -- Al

You will really enjoy these Al . . .

Looking forward to getting these sailors for the fight deck soon. Robin.

Robin, I call mine the spectators . . . . they really will add a nice dynamic to your flight deck . . . .

Some more pics of the new figures . . . . I should be getting BH-16 and BH-17 delivered tomorrow. Same figures except they have blue bases to match the BH flight decks . . . .

DSC_0045 (1024x550).jpg

DSC_0047 (1024x758).jpg

DSC_0048 (1024x630).jpg

DSC_0051 (1024x655).jpg

Some more pics of the new figures . . . . I should be getting BH-16 and BH-17 delivered tomorrow. Same figures except they have blue bases to match the BH flight decks . . . .

Your new figures add a lot to the flight deck !

Congratulations and thank you for posting.

Played around with my SARA dio last night and rearranged the deck plates to facilitate a different camera angle . . . .
Mike :smile2:

DSC_0044 (1024x691).jpg

DSC_0045 (1024x481).jpg

Thanks for your photos Mike. I think those black and white photos are terrific.

Brad

Your welcome Brad and thanks . . . . The B&W photos are supposed to give a "feeling" of 1935 . . . Here's another one . . . .

DSC_0045 (1024x481).jpg

Outstanding photo with nostalgia just dripping from it. The B/W is very effective. Brilliant effort, Mike. :salute:: -- Al

Thanks Al . . . . I think I am going to post more B&W pics of the SARA for the (as you put it) the nostalgic look. I have been trying to take photos using the manual mode on my camera in order to get more depth of field . . . I still need some more practice but I think I am slowly getting there . . .
:smile2: Mike

JJD WWII BH-16 & BH-17 were delivered to my door this morning . . . . These sailors are trying to wait patiently for a Corsair to land on their deck :wink2:

DSC_0047 (1280x853).jpg

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of fellow forum member and friend Sammy 719, I am the proud owner of a new JJD LSO to help land my JJD naval aircraft. It is a most generous and welcome gift and I want to thank him for it. This forum and it's members continues to be a great asset and comfort to me. Thanks, Sammy. -- Al

Know what would be really cool, Mike? I'd like to have some 8" Turrets/Guns made for a diorama:

8 inch Turrets.jpg
8 inch Turret Port.jpg

8 inch Turret Dorsal.jpg

The idea would be to do a setup like that found in the pic that I've posted here before:

Bw7.jpg

Dietz in my room.jpg

Even if the turrets were done as facades, or in a slightly smaller scale, 1/32 for instance, they'd be awesome for a display like that.:cool:

-Moe

I would agree Moe, that the guns would be cool ^&cool, however the space requirements for display would be huge . . . I would have to get more table space for sure . . . . By rthe way, nice schematic diagrams . . .

A few B/W photos of flight deck operations on the "SARA" . . . .

DSC_0051 (1280x1034).jpg

DSC_0054 (1280x777).jpg

DSC_0055 (1280x975).jpg

Had a very wonderful Christmas surrounded by my wife, our three children and their spouses, our four grand children, and also Hexe (Son's King German Shepard) and Quinn (Daughter's Golden Retriever). Received 3 very nice Treefrog Treasures gift certificates and some $$$$ to boot . . . . Let the fun begin for 2018 . . . .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all . . . .

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of fellow forum member and friend Sammy 719, I am the proud owner of a new JJD LSO to help land my JJD naval aircraft. It is a most generous and welcome gift and I want to thank him for it. This forum and it's members continues to be a great asset and comfort to me. Thanks, Sammy. -- Al

Al, it's good folk like you that make this forum a great place to be a part of, just glad our fine LSO made it to your lovely home after seeing the countryside. :)

Feeling your pain, Mike. While you're waiting for the new releases, check out this website:

https://www.history.navy.mil/

Lot's of great, high-resolution pics on hand.

For instance, search for "Hellcat."

Not only will you see a lot of nice pics of planes, but some great personnel shots as well.

While I was browsing pics of CV-3, I came across some more images of planes launching over Saratoga's stern:

Black 10 Small.jpg

As I mentioned, the above pics come in a high-res version. After downloading the image, you can zoom in on the subject. This is what I gleaned from the pic above:

Black 10.jpg

Closer inspection indicates that it's Jenkins' own, Black 10.:cool:

Here's another pic of Sara, again launching planes over here stern:

Small Yellow 16.jpg

This time, we see what I suspect is Yellow 16 from VF-6:

Yellow 16.jpg

Why, Yellow 16? Well, we know that it's a sections leaders plane, and the cowling is light enough in color as to likely be painted yellow. It could *possibly* be from the Blue or Green sections, but it really does appear to be much too light for that to be the case. Remember, the tail is painted white.

Finally, here's a pic of an F4B-1 taking off from Lexington:

F4B-1.jpg

Thought that would be a nice inspiration pic for a B&W photo!:D

Anyway, keep the faith. The new releases will be along before you know it (or I can afford it ;)).

-Moe

Great website, Moe. Some really good pics of all sorts of stuff, WW1, Great White Fleet, aircraft, PT boats, etc. Found a couple of fine color pics of Butch O'Hare. Thanks for posting the site. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back