My JJD Inter-War Aviation Collection (2 Viewers)

Happy Birthday Mike!

Looks like you're having a great time working with your aviation collection.
Good stuff!

Happy Birthday Mike!

Looks like you're having a great time working with your aviation collection.
Good stuff!

Thank you Donnie . . . . I am really enjoying John's venture into pre WWII and WWII aviation . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

A very nice surprise arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon . . . . JJD IWA-14, Landing Signal Officer (yellow shirt - plane director), IWA-15 Plane Handlers with Chocs (blue shirts - plane handlers) and Stand F, very small flight stand. The figures are very well done and the flight stand is perfect for displaying an airplane in flight just before touchdown on the carrier deck. Hoping that more deck crew figures will be offered for December's release.

Stand F, Very Small Flight Stand w/Boeing F4b-4 Left Wing Man

DSC_0043 (1280x1094).jpg

IWA-14 Landing Signal Officer

DSC_0044 (1280x745).jpg

DSC_0045 (1280x833).jpg

I also received BH-14 and BH-15 which are the same figures but made for John's WWII carrier aviation range (bases are blue to match the BH carrier deck color) . . . Now all I need is John's Corsair to give these fellows something to work with. I hope we won't have to wait long for the Corsair and that it is released very early in 2018 . . .

DSC_0049 (1280x1088).jpg

Mike, absolutely love the LSO figure!:cool:

-Moe

Thanks Moe . . . . I am now anxiously awaiting the future releases of the deck crew figures . . . . Your B&W photos of the same subjects are awesome too . . . .

I also received BH-14 and BH-15 which are the same figures but made for John's WWII carrier aviation range (bases are blue to match the BH carrier deck color) . . . Now all I need is John's Corsair to give these fellows something to work with. I hope we won't have to wait long for the Corsair and that it is released very early in 2018 . . .

They look great Mike. I rec'd my chocks set Friday. Had not noticed the different colored bases on the LSO figs. How cool is that? Chris

They look great Mike. I rec'd my chocks set Friday. Had not noticed the different colored bases on the LSO figs. How cool is that? Chris

Thanks Chris . . . . . It appears that John will be releasing the same deck crew figures for each of his two carrier operations ranges. The IWA figures have a tan base to match the Saratoga's deck and the BH figures will have blue bases to match what most of us are calling the Bunker Hill's deck.

Just need the folded wing Corsair to occupy my deck crew.^&grin. The backdrops really highlight John's work so well. Robin.

Really like these 'crew' scenes on your Carrier deck.

Great action.

Thank you.

Thanks Ivanhoe . . . . The crew scenes will keep getting better and better with each passing month's new deck crew releases . . . .

Just need the folded wing Corsair to occupy my deck crew.^&grin. The backdrops really highlight John's work so well. Robin.

I am anxiously awaiting John's Corsair also Robin. Thinking perhaps getting two, one with wings folded and one with them down . . . . Hopefully we will see this bird in very early 2018 . . . .

What a great day for JJD . . . First John's announcements for his December releases, which, once again just amazed me . . . . How he continues to release so many well executed sets month, after month is beyond me. Secondly, USS Saratoga (CV-3) deck plates IWA-300 and IWA-400 showed up on my front porch. These complete my currently planned 1935 era USS Saratoga carrier deck diorama base. It is approximately 30-inches square, consisting of IWA-100, IWA-200, IWA-300 x 2, and IWA-400 x 2. This gives me a lot of room and depth to display my F4B-4's current deck crew figures, plus room to grow with future releases.

DSC_0043 (1280x685).jpg

DSC_0044 (1280x633).jpg

DSC_0045 (1280x853).jpg

DSC_0047 (1280x852).jpg

Playing around with filtered effects . . . . Here's a B&W pic . . . . .

DSC_0043 (1280x708).jpg

IWA-16 and IWA-17 sailors for the USS Saratoga CV-3 arrived on deck this afternoon. Certainly a welcomed addition to my meager deck crew at this point. All for figures are very nicely sculpted and finished. Looking forward to the next release of deck crew figures . . .

DSC_0043 (1280x1086).jpg

DSC_0044 (1024x927).jpg

Mike, your setup is gonna be really impressive with all those figures arrayed around the models.:cool:

-Moe

The swabbies really look great. Will be getting some after New Years. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back