N.F.L. 24-25 Season (1 Viewer)

Panzer ace

Lieutenant Colonel
I will get this thread started by unequivocally stating that the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl.

And I will counter with unequivocally stating that the Patriots will be the worst team in the NFL.

The good news is my Sundays are now freed up to do more constructive things with my time.

I am sure the NFL marketing team could care less, however because last night’s Eagles/Packers game was exclusively streaming on Peacock I had no idea that it had even happened until I saw highlights on my local news.

I am sure the NFL marketing team could care less, however because last night’s Eagles/Packers game was exclusively streaming on Peacock I had no idea that it had even happened until I saw highlights on my local news.
It did?

That's news to me.

It did?

That's news to me.
Yes, only on Peacock. I purchased Peacock for the Olympics but wasn’t going to buy it for this. At any rate, the U.S. Open semis were on last night so I wouldn’t have watched it anyway.

Streaming games are murder to watch on cable TV because it is time consuming to change the channel back and forth from a streaming service to other cable programs. You have to wait for the buffering for the game to come back on. Even though I live in the Philly broadcast area, I didn't see the game playing on any local network. So you were out of luck unless you had Peacock.

Purchasing a streaming service so I can watch a few games and using it for nothing more than that is simply pay-per-view.
IMO, this is where the NFL is headed, pay per view, no doubt that includes several playoff games.

The NFL apparently does not make enough money from the money the networks pay for broadcasting rights, maybe they should have a bake sale to help out.

Purchasing a streaming service so I can watch a few games and using it for nothing more than that is simply pay-per-view.
That is what modern TV is, and not just confined to sports, e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Max, Amazon Prime, etc.

On top of that, we have the current impasse between Disney and DirecTV, where if you have the latter you can’t watch ESPN. As I’m a big tennis fan, I was forced to temporarily purchase a Fubo subscription so I could watch the last week of action, not to mention tomorrow’s game between the Jets and 49ers.

Sports are thinly sliced assets today. For example, in baseball not only do you have to pay a provider to see most of the games since they are on regional sports networks, but then Amazon may have a game, Apple TV gets rights to Friday nights and Roku has a game on Sundays, not to mention that if you follow an out of market team, that costs money too. That is just the nature of entertainment. Nothing is free.

That is what modern TV is, and not just confined to sports, e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Max, Amazon Prime, etc.

On top of that, we have the current impasse between Disney and DirecTV, where if you have the latter you can’t watch ESPN. As I’m a big tennis fan, I was forced to temporarily purchase a Fubo subscription so I could watch the last week of action, not to mention tomorrow’s game between the Jets and 49ers.

Sports are thinly sliced assets today. For example, in baseball not only do you have to pay a provider to see most of the games since they are on regional sports networks, but then Amazon may have a game, Apple TV gets rights to Friday nights and Roku has a game on Sundays, not to mention that if you follow an out of market team, that costs money too. That is just the nature of entertainment. Nothing is free.
I dumped direct after 23 years and moved to YouTubetv. Best move I made. Had no issues finding all ncaa football I wanted to on Saturday. Now if I have to “buy” a game here and there it is ok with what I save on directv! Still don’t get the networks own streaming services where they put shows that don’t make the cut like Tulsa king but want to charge you to watch it. I mean it is an entertaining series for a minute but I got the blu ray for 9.99 on Amazon which was cheaper than the streaming!
Tom

I dumped direct after 23 years and moved to YouTubetv. Best move I made. Had no issues finding all ncaa football I wanted to on Saturday. Now if I have to “buy” a game here and there it is ok with what I save on directv! Still don’t get the networks own streaming services where they put shows that don’t make the cut like Tulsa king but want to charge you to watch it. I mean it is an entertaining series for a minute but I got the blu ray for 9.99 on Amazon which was cheaper than the streaming!
Tom
I would have no problems getting rid of them but for the fact that they carry the Mets games. YT and Fubo don’t; that is the principal reason I signed up with them. Comcast might and that’s something I may need to investigate.

I had post college football burnout yesterday, but there seemed to be a lot of boring and sloppy NFL games. I think McVay may need to consider playing some of his starters in preseason. The Rams looked very sluggish. The injuries were brutal.

So the video appears to show that Hill was uncooperative and a jackarse. Still the police shouldn't be dragging people out of their cars and handcuffing them for traffic offenses. Our cities are overrun with violent criminals but the police are concerned with someone not wearing a seatbelt? I recently drove back from the Newark, NJ airport and there were dozens of cop cars monitoring speed on the interstate. Laughable given the crimes being committed in the nearby cities.

So the video appears to show that Hill was uncooperative and a jackarse. Still the police shouldn't be dragging people out of their cars and handcuffing them for traffic offenses. Our cities are overrun with violent criminals but the police are concerned with someone not wearing a seatbelt? I recently drove back from the Newark, NJ airport and there were dozens of cop cars monitoring speed on the interstate. Laughable given the crimes being committed in the nearby cities.
About 25,000 people die each year in traffic accidents in the US, more than half of those killed were not wearing seatbelts.

About 14,000 people die each year in traffic accidents caused by speeding.

I am good with cities and municipalities using resources to try and curtail these numbers.

However, I am good with the speeders dying, I am not ok with them taking innocent, law abiding citizens with them.

About 25,000 people die each year in traffic accidents in the US, more than half of those killed were not wearing seatbelts.

About 14,000 people die each year in traffic accidents caused by speeding.

I am good with cities and municipalities using resources to try and curtail these numbers.

However, I am good with the speeders dying, I am not ok with them taking innocent, law abiding citizens with them.
I'm all for safe driving but lots of people are being murdered and assaulted because there are apparently not enough police officers in most cities. Germany has no speed limits. And there is no apparent increase in deaths. There is no cause to believe that having police officers pulling over the random speeder has any significant impact on speeding. In fact, it is highly dangerous to create such a distraction on the highway. Many police officers are killed from such accidents. But if they are going to pull over someone, maybe don't grab them, throw them on the ground and handcuff them. Particularly when so many violent criminals are not treated the same.

For $25mil I expect a little more than 6 catches for 71 yards in 2 games from Brandon Aiyuk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back