NCAA Football 2024 (1 Viewer)

Hook ‘em. Texas delivers. Great position now and worst at the same time. Have to hope for a non letdown prior to sec play. Schedule starts to get brutal from here. Was nice to see them paste the wolverines in the big house.

TD

Some disgraceful games today. TN is up 65-0 at halftime. They have almost 600 yards in offense compared to 20 for Kent St. The NCAA should penalize teams in the rankings for these mismatches.

Kentucky, who hasn't scored a touchdown in two games, lost by one to Georgia! Wonder if that affects GA in the polls.

Some disgraceful games today. TN is up 65-0 at halftime. They have almost 600 yards in offense compared to 20 for Kent St. The NCAA should penalize teams
All schools schedule against Little Sisters of the Poor to boost their resumes. Schools claimed they couldn't play in a playoff series for years while scheduling a 12th game and a conference championship. And now we have an expanded 12 game series. It's all about the $

All schools schedule against Little Sisters of the Poor to boost their resumes. Schools claimed they couldn't play in a playoff series for years while scheduling a 12th game and a conference championship. And now we have an expanded 12 game series. It's all about the $
I wish someone told this to USC. They play LSU, Michigan, Penn. St., Washington, UCLA, ND, Nebraska, Wisconsin etc. No Kent St. or St. Mary's school for the blind.

I wish someone told this to USC. They play LSU, Michigan, Penn. St., Washington, UCLA, ND, Nebraska, Wisconsin etc. No Kent St. or St. Mary's school for the blind.
My favorite is the “Nick Saban Special”, you schedule two cupcakes at the start of the season and then you schedule one more near the end of the season.

Dare I say Hook em again! Don't know the status of Ewers, I do think Arch Manning played great in relief, solid performance. That said, he was not playing a Michigan, not sure he has that poise yet. As Mike Tyson said, everyone is a tough guy til you get punched in the mouth or something like that. I don't think Arch has been punched yet to find out. One thing though is for sure, he can run unlike Peyton and Eli, my god, he looks like Secretariat compared to them!

On another note, hats off to Neon Deion and the Buffalos for whuppin and putting the thump on classless Coach Jay N. and Colorado State. Not sure if you saw the same shenanigans again from last year, but C State is an out of control outfit. Either the coaches condone it or they have no control - take your pick.

Finally - Florida State - ugh. My fears realized, the snub last year hurt a lot more than originally thought. They lost a ton of players to graduation, NFL and portal. They did not do well recruiting from the portal. They are uber young. Coach Mike and us fans are in for a long one. He needs to go back to the drawing board with this group, they either can't figure out the game plan and execute OR they are not capable of executing the current game plan. Time will tell, Coach may get run out of Tallahassee. Go 13-0 and get run out of town the next year, welcome to College Football NIL and 2024.

I lied, one more comment, the LSU Jackwagon held on to win in the last seconds. I never like to root for failure, but I think college football without the Kelly Dqwad would be better off. Just saying.

TD

This might seem strange coming from a UT fan but Georgia should not have lost its No. 1 ranking based on its close call against Kentucky.

A win is a win and ranking teams based on how much they win or lose by only promotes the garbage system of running up the score against opponents that do not have equal resources.

This might seem strange coming from a UT fan but Georgia should not have lost its No. 1 ranking based on its close call against Kentucky.

A win is a win and ranking teams based on how much they win or lose by only promotes the garbage system of running up the score against opponents that do not have equal resources.
Yup, complete BS, a win is a win, no style points and yes, it encourages teams to blow out teams and pile on.

USC gets Michigan this weekend. That game will answer two questions. How good is USC and how bad is Michigan after Harblow left town. That is almost an impossible place to win but this is not the same Michigan team from last year. I think Michigan's physical play at home will be the difference. USC's defense is much improved from last year. I hope I'm wrong but my predict is Michigan 27 USC 20.

Yup, complete BS, a win is a win, no style points and yes, it encourages teams to blow out teams and pile on.
Don't disagree with this either. The rankings don't mean a whole lot right now. I am interested to see how Manning comes out and continues to play. The other side of this coin is that rankings take into account expected play. On paper Georgia is light years above everybody, yet they didn't execute that way or Kentucky is a lot better than what is on paper. When a team blows out a team they are supposed to, maybe that is a point of view.

I don't know the answer, but my illustration above shows how subjective it is.

Florida State got royally screwed last year, due to the playoff ranking issue, you could argue they lost not only seniors/nfl bound folks to the bowl game, but they also lost a lot of players to the portal b/c they believed the ACC is not a powerful enough conference (ranking) to get into the playoffs. You could also argue that the ranking snub has had long lasting consequences - no transfers in, lost recruits, etc. IMO , it is a sad statement on College Football in some ways. Again, my opinion, had Florida State been put in the playoff where they deserved and earned it, I am not saying they win it all, but I also don't believe they would have been blown out the way Georgia did either. Not sure if anyone researched it, but they fielded I think 3 out of 22 regular season starters for that bowl game.
TD

USC gets Michigan this weekend. That game will answer two questions. How good is USC and how bad is Michigan after Harblow left town. That is almost an impossible place to win but this is not the same Michigan team from last year. I think Michigan's physical play at home will be the difference. USC's defense is much improved from last year. I hope I'm wrong but my predict is Michigan 27 USC 20.
This game should be in the Rose Bowl every few years when both teams are at their peak.

Now it is going to be a yearly event.

They have not even played as co-members of the Big-100 and I have already lost interest.

This game should be in the Rose Bowl every few years when both teams are at their peak.

Now it is going to be a yearly event.

They have not even played as co-members of the Big-100 and I have already lost interest.
I torn on this being old school. It is a great rivalry but playing only once every 20 years when they both go to the Rose Bowl means it almost never happens. I think the NCAA is going to have to set up some type of regional divisions like the NFL. USC and UCLA should not be in the Big Ten. There should be a western conference and regional playoffs within each region sending one team to the final four.

I like Bama over Georgia this weekend. USC is a 15-point favorite over Wisconsin. I think Wisconsin lost their starting QB for the year, but that still seems like a wide spread. The Michigan QB only had 40 yards passing last week and they beat USC.

Interesting day in College Football yesterday. I attended the Longhorn game and all I can say is Arch Manning is for real. If not for a running back who fumbled twice on scoring or would be scoring drives and a wide received dropping a 75 yard td pass (wide open, no one around perfect ball), this game would have been 52-0. BUT, that said, it shows how competitive college football can be. Texas needs to work on defense as it seemed they gave up a lot on the ground and only stopped them when they "had" to.

Alabama - great game, they had Georgia basically blown out. Georgia is a very good football team and can beat anyone. Little more accuracy last night and they would completed the comeback. I cannot stand the new Alabama coach, just not my cup of tea on side note.

Mississippi - basically they laid an egg against a stout Kentucky defense. KY offense not so great, but Ole Miss underestimated the defense and paid the price.

Oklahoma - should have lost. Auburn had them on the ropes but ran out of gas and time.

Lots of other exciting games, which is why CFB in my opinion trounces the NFL.
TD

Interesting day in College Football yesterday. I attended the Longhorn game and all I can say is Arch Manning is for real. If not for a running back who fumbled twice on scoring or would be scoring drives and a wide received dropping a 75 yard td pass (wide open, no one around perfect ball), this game would have been 52-0. BUT, that said, it shows how competitive college football can be. Texas needs to work on defense as it seemed they gave up a lot on the ground and only stopped them when they "had" to.

Alabama - great game, they had Georgia basically blown out. Georgia is a very good football team and can beat anyone. Little more accuracy last night and they would completed the comeback. I cannot stand the new Alabama coach, just not my cup of tea on side note.

Mississippi - basically they laid an egg against a stout Kentucky defense. KY offense not so great, but Ole Miss underestimated the defense and paid the price.

Oklahoma - should have lost. Auburn had them on the ropes but ran out of gas and time.

Lots of other exciting games, which is why CFB in my opinion trounces the NFL.
TD
I can't remember a year in which there were so many elite teams. Texas, Bama, Ohio St., TN, Georgia. Any of those teams could win it. I'm not sold on Penn St.

Agreed; gee, it warms my heart that Texas is now a powerhouse, led by a Manning naturally..............:(.

We'll see how the Red River shootout plays out this year, hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

That Alabama/Georgia game was a classic, the last 5 or so minutes were something else.

And also, on Friday night, VT got royally screwed vs Miami, a VT receiver caught a hail mary as time ran out in the end zone, officials ruled it a TD, booth review overturned it, I saw NOTHING in the video that would have led to it being overturned, complete BS.

Agreed; gee, it warms my heart that Texas is now a powerhouse, led by a Manning naturally..............:(.

We'll see how the Red River shootout plays out this year, hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

That Alabama/Georgia game was a classic, the last 5 or so minutes were something else.

And also, on Friday night, VT got royally screwed vs Miami, a VT receiver caught a hail mary as time ran out in the end zone, officials ruled it a TD, booth review overturned it, I saw NOTHING in the video that would have led to it being overturned, complete BS.
Could not agree more on Miami. That was a classic ACC replay booth reversal to save their best team. Just absolute horse crap.
As to the shoot out, if Texas plays to their talent, I think they will win. That said it is a bitter rivalry and anything can happen. I will say after seeing Arch in person, I was impressed. One thing I don’t like is his lack of care for himself. Took a few hits, one should have been a roughing but as they say when running that boy don’t slide! Not a good thing IMO.

FSU has officially hit the bottom. Ouch.

USC showed resilience, great second half. I am not sure on Ohio St in that I know they are good, just need to see them really challenged. And of course Dumbo at Clemson is trying to be relevant again, I only have 1 question, when is he going to dance again, inquiring minds want to know!

Td

The conference refs are bailing out the BCS teams time and again. The primary offenders are Michigan, ND, and any SEC team. They get the game saving calls down the stretch. Every ND game has the PI or holding call on a game deciding play.

UK only chance to win is with its defense. Defense almost won the game for them against Georgia. Head coach Mark Stoops makes to many dumb coaching mistakes at $9M per yr. Probably cost them the game against GA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back