New Crusades Figures (1 Viewer)

bearybones

Sergeant
My Crusades diorama is continuing to grow!

Attachments

• DSC00895.JPG
    DSC00895.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC00899.JPG
    DSC00899.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC00890.JPG
    DSC00890.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC00886.JPG
    DSC00886.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC00892.JPG
    DSC00892.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 504
Cool pics George...you're collection is getting huge...love how you got the arrow in the new Ambush Vignette figure...did you drill a hole in his chest...insert it and paint on the blood?

Awesome pics its one line i wish i had the funds to get into................{sm2}

Cool pics George...you're collection is getting huge...love how you got the arrow in the new Ambush Vignette figure...did you drill a hole in his chest...insert it and paint on the blood?

Hi Michael, Yep, I drilled a hole and then inserted the arrow. I make the arrows by gluing paper feathers that I cut from old greeting cards onto a thin wire and then I paint them. I use gloss red enamel paint for the blood. I think that new Ambush Saracen figure is posed well for being shot with an arrow. What do you think of my knight with the captured banners also pulling a captured Saracen camel? I figure one of the captured banners was being carried by the Saracen who was riding that camel. Good hearing from you. I've been enjoying your recent posts with pictures. Your Crusades collection is also getting quite large.

George...the "Spoils of War" figure looks cool dragging that camel...yea...lol...I guess when he took the banners from that Saracen...he took his camel also...

your arrows look great...you do good work...

That is a great dio and I love the additions you have made to your collection. Very nice indeed !!!!

Impressive dio. It is huge. I had no idea that the KC buildings were that large. -- Al

WOW George! Your Crusades collection and diorama is really quite beautiful and very well done and exhibited. Always an enjoyment for me to see . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Outstanding dio and collection! I also had no idea the KC desert village pieces were so large. Gonna have to 'borrow' your arrow making method-it's outstanding.
mike

Excellent stuff dude, especially that dude taking one in the chest.

Keep it silly

Great photos and collection. I enjoyed viewing your diorama and conversions. Leadmen

Thank you everyone for your kind compliments. Several people mentioned they were surprised that the Desert Village buildings were so large. Actually, the one in my picture is the Temple/Mosque, with the add-on minaret, standing atop the add-on Desert Village Square. It is the largets building in the series, especially with the add-ons included. The rest of the Desert Village buildings are not as large.

I love the buildings all put together and especially the extra touches you added yourself. It is the little details that speak volumes. Keep up the good work.{sm0}

Outstanding diorama and collection, the K&C Crusader line is so awesome. What a terrific assortment of pieces you have assembled and set off by those enormous desert buildings. I've only got a modest sampling of this line in my personal collection. Just think it can only get better with additional releases that we all know will come in the future. One of the best releases in years IMO are the new Camel mounted Saracens. {bravo}}

So much that's impressive to me about this, don't know where to start.

Well, obviously, the sheer NUMBER of figures.

But I love the arrangement and photography as well. The shot from behind the catapult with the looming fortrees in the background.

I love the desert buildings, most of which I own. But wow, they really go nicely with those (JG?) castle walls. You've really created a fortress town there.

Another thing I like, and part of the reason I collect desert stuff - light colored wood - whether it's a floor or a bookshelf - is a great way to display it without having to shell out for sandy mats etc.

I think - and this is a compliment to both me and K&C, that my favorite shot might be the crusader with captured standard bearers, though.

I've never thought of purchasing that figure - I tend not to like colorful stuff vs. the white/red/black crusaders. But when you pair it with that Camel (which I assume is from the LoJ series, right?), the two figures become more of the sum of their parts. There's another thread right now talking about what people love about K&C figures, and the ability for just a couple to tell a story is what I like most.

Congrats on a great collection.

So much that's impressive to me about this, don't know where to start.

Well, obviously, the sheer NUMBER of figures.

But I love the arrangement and photography as well. The shot from behind the catapult with the looming fortrees in the background.

I love the desert buildings, most of which I own. But wow, they really go nicely with those (JG?) castle walls. You've really created a fortress town there.

Another thing I like, and part of the reason I collect desert stuff - light colored wood - whether it's a floor or a bookshelf - is a great way to display it without having to shell out for sandy mats etc.

I think - and this is a compliment to both me and K&C, that my favorite shot might be the crusader with captured standard bearers, though.

I've never thought of purchasing that figure - I tend not to like colorful stuff vs. the white/red/black crusaders. But when you pair it with that Camel (which I assume is from the LoJ series, right?), the two figures become more of the sum of their parts. There's another thread right now talking about what people love about K&C figures, and the ability for just a couple to tell a story is what I like most.

Congrats on a great collection.

Marksable, thank you for your kind compliments. Yes, the castle walls/towers/gate are from JG. John was even kind enough to custom make one wall section for me without any battle damage. The standard wall sections, like my other two in the pictures, have the battle damage from catapult hits. By the way, I showed the rest of my desert village buildings in previous submissions on this forum. The mosque is my newest building, which is the reason I just posted that image. I think the K&C buildings and gate blend well with the JG castle.

I agree with your comment on the new Spoils of War mounted knight with the captured enemy banners. I wasn't that crazy about that figure at first either, but I now consider it to be one of my favorite mounted knights. It's another example of a very unique K&C figure. Thanks for your comments on my adding the captured (LoJ) camel. I ordered the knight and camel at the same time, so I would be able to display them together like that.

George,
Magnificent collection . I like your imagination, your creativity, your work and your style.Continue the good work.Although I collect figurines from a couple of centuries later (ww2)I appreciate good work when I see it.
Guy {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back