New EA sets-who got them? (5 Viewers)

I agree with Steven that there is around 79 sets that sell well and that, accordingly, the broad range of K&C products does not have impacts on the decision of buying of the collectors.

But I also agree with John that there is overproduction, not because of 450 sets but because the 79 sets mentioned above are produced at an unlimited number and that, accordingly, will depriciate, in a long term, the value of all the K&C products.

Now, imagine that the half (or the 2/3) of the new EA sets are retired (without any warning like the WS37 or WS57) within the next 4 or 6 months: it is my opinion that the following release of any serie of WWII will sell in a wink (please note that it is an opinion, not a fact).

In an another order of idea, what I like from NMA is that ALL their sets are very limited in number. Will they gain a great value on the secondary market? Only time will tell but there is certainly an excitement there to collect their products.

Steven, you can count me now as a SOHK collector. I started a month ago and have already six sets and my plans for future acquisitions are done. I was really happy to be able to get the Chinese moongate (at 37,00$) on eBay two weeks ago (still waiting to receive it). It was impossible to find it anywhere since K&C used it in their Dramatic Displays or Dioramas. BTW, I am planning to order the wedding procession. Are the figures glossy or matt? And the scale, 1/30 or 1/32?

Also, to answer your question (if it was a question), I collect Ancient Egypt, Barbarians (I will buy in june all the Romans; if anyone has the roman fort to sell, I am interested), the SOHK as said previously, American Revolution and almost all the series of WWII (I downsized my collection recently as I do not have really a very big interest in tanks and others armored vehicules). When I will have all the AE sets, I will start buying the Imperial Collection.

Pierre.

Pierre said:
... because the 79 sets mentioned above are produced at an unlimited number and that, accordingly, will depreciate, in a long term, the value of all the K&C products ...

I think describing production as "unlimited" is slightly excessive ... most of the sets range in production from 200 to 800 sets, with only "Whittman's Last Tiger" approaching 2000. Andy just can't win on the issue of production, with some collectors asking for lower production and others asking for unlimited (at least until they can purchase the set at list).:)

Pierre said:
... Steven, you can count me now as a SOHK collector. I started a month ago and have already six sets and my plans for future acquisitions are done ... BTW, I am planning to order the wedding procession. Are the figures glossy or matt? And the scale, 1/30 or 1/32?

Also, to answer your question (if it was a question), I collect Ancient Egypt, Barbarians (I will buy in june all the Romans; if anyone has the roman fort to sell, I am interested), the SOHK as said previously, American Revolution and almost all the series of WWII (I downsized my collection recently as I do not have really a very big interest in tanks and others armored vehicules). When I will have all the AE sets, I will start buying the Imperial Collection ...

Glad to meet another SOHK collector ... the wedding possession is glossy and 1/32 scale ... I collect the same themes as you except substitute Napoleonics for American Revolution.:)

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the infos relating to the wedding procession, they will help me in my final decision.

As for the "unlimited" matter, I may had "exagerate" a little bit but you get the idea :) and you are right, it is impossible to satisfy the wishes and desires of everybody and... this is not my business, it is Mr. Neilson' one and he is running it very well (for our biggest pleasure):)Thanks to him.

Pierre.

Too many new sets, not enough being retired out the catalog and they are not the typical DDay - Germans, British & Americans.

What about some from the Italian theaters? I often think about those theaters. I have the pilot wings and letter from a friend of the family who was shot down over Italy. Maybe that's why I think about it.

Anyways, I went very light on the EA stuff this past order. The summer months are coming up and, frankly, not enough is being retired out.

maybe many collectors take the aim on the retired sets, for many reasons of money ,space. etc etc..they think "when i want i can buy this new releases in any moment is just out.........

zup66 said:
maybe many collectors take the aim on the retired sets, for many reasons of money ,space. etc etc..they think "when i want i can buy this new releases in any moment is just out.........

Ciao Max!

Hope your new Panther arrives soon!

Njja

Thank you Andy, Bravo Zulu on a job very well done. I just got my new 8th Army sets and I am greatly impressed.

When I compare them to the early D-Day or Waffen SS, it's like night and day. The new figures have such well-done faces that they are looking as if they were molded from life models. The paint is consistent across the figures and they look very real.

I am not a dealer just a simple collector and I don't have an opinion if there are or are not enough sets being retired or the popularity of certain series. All I know is that if King & Country continues to produce figures and vehicles like the Dingo and the new 8th Army soldiers, I will buy them.

Njja said:
Ciao Max!

Hope your new Panther arrives soon!

Njja
ciao John, i wait...with ....:D a little ...:cool: curiosity and eagerness...but i known now.. is a great piece. i let you known it is issue of little days

I just received my first of the new 8th army sets. Could be some of the best painting and sculpting yet from K&C. I can't wait to get the rest. I love the North Africa stuff !

Michael, well said! I too just got my 8th Army and new panther. They all just get better with each release.
I also don,t comment on the business aspect of all this.
If Andy continues to produce this superior product he will get my dollars. If NMA continues to release products consistant with their first set, they to will get my money.
By the way, that new panther could very well be the best vehicle to date done by K&C.
Gary

I don't think that's the case Gary. I think that HB has opened our eyes in certain respects and I think there's some room for improvement on the K &C vehicles, which, I think we'll soon see. One of the nicest done so far is the second Char B. It's a real nice vehicle. NMA, at first blush (and we've only seen protoytypes so far) seems more like K & C: tracks, detailing at the bank of the tank, etc. However, no one beats K & C on figures and I can't wait to pick up my EA from George in a couple of weeks time.

Just for the record I have no interest in the EA's. Bring on the Bulge, Normandy and the Marines. Please remove the shoulder flags on future 101st Airborne Normandy figures , Only the 82nd wore them. Alex

King and Country is trying to cater not just to the U.S. collector. I frankly enjoy reading about the North African war quite a bit and I say, ala Mr. Gambale, bring on more Eighth Army and Afrika Korps.

Regarding the patch, I don't claim to have any great knowledge here but I was watching a D Day documentary today and there was a picture of Monty decorating a paratrooper wearing the 101st patch. I also don't think Andy would make such an egregious mistake as you claim he has.

Firebat said:
Please remove the shoulder flags on future 101st Airborne Normandy figures , Only the 82nd wore them. Alex

Here's a picture of Ike addressing the 101st before they took off. It shows them wearing the patch.

Attachments

• Eisenhower.jpg
    Eisenhower.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 124
Maybe I have this wrong (it won't be the first and for sure it won't be the last) but I thought the other Alex was referring to the screaming eagle patch.

I believe the 101st didn't start wearing the flag patch until the M43 uniforms were issued after D-Day. I would imagine that on D-Day the US flag arm brassard may have been issued to wear later.

jazzeum said:
Here's a picture of Ike addressing the 101st before they took off. It shows them wearing the patch.

BRAD

This picture of Ike talking to 101st Abn. 502nd E. Co. are not wearing the US Flag Patch.

Chuck Harris said:
BRAD

This picture of Ike talking to 101st Abn. 502nd E. Co. are not wearing the US Flag Patch.

The flag patch from what I understand is sewn to the right sleeve. This photo shows only the left sleeve
N-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back