New Modelzone Zulu Exclusive (1 Viewer)

Cool looking set, will be placing my pre-order. 600 is a nice run for a set.
Brian

Nice looking set, looks like part of the Fight for the Kraal. I have put in my order

Brian

Ordered mine {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

20101hr_zps7c562b5e.jpg

I am hoping in its upcoming catalogue that wbritains will show how all the pieces fit together for the fight for the kraal. I am assuming beyond the 3 X 3 piece sets already disclosed including the 2 by modelzonethat they will also be disclosing other sections in the tactical section inorder to enclose the kraal. It looks like it is going to be the year of the kraal for AZW collectors unless wbritains surprises us....

PS I am also surprised that modelzone did a 600 run when the regular britains set has a run of 700 but has substancially more distibrution capabilities and still had 36 left. Maybe the fact the recent 300 limited edtion run for the fight for the kraal from modelzone sold out so quickly is the reason. I think modelzone should be careful as alot of their appeal is their short runs. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I am hoping in its upcoming catalogue that wbritains will show how all the pieces fit together for the fight for the kraal. I am assuming beyond the 3 X 3 piece sets already disclosed including the 2 by modelzonethat they will also be disclosing other sections in the tactical section inorder to enclose the kraal. It looks like it is going to be the year of the kraal for AZW collectors unless wbritains surprises us....

PS I am also surprised that modelzone did a 600 run when the regular britains set has a run of 700 but has substancially more distibrution capabilities and still had 36 left. Maybe the fact the recent 300 limited edtion run for the fight for the kraal from modelzone sold out so quickly is the reason. I think modelzone should be careful as alot of their appeal is their short runs. Time will tell.

Hi zulucollector

Hopefully the scenic kraal sections will be out later this year {bravo}}

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/fo...the-Kraal&p=520298&highlight=kraal#post520298

Cheers

Martyn:)

I think the larger runs are better. The appeal of short runs are only for the speculators, hoping to gobble up the limited supply for resale at higher prices.

Larger but a still limited number of sets allow the collectors to get their one set at retail, before the speculators swoop in. The appeal of a set to me is the set itself. I do not care about the resale value of the set.

Placed my pre-order today.

Brian

I agree with you Brian, I always feel rushed when they are such a small limit and when setting up a display having a piece missing doesn't work either. Hopefully we will continue to see slightly larger runs from Modelzone there by giving everyone a better chance to get a set.

I agree with you Brian, I always feel rushed when they are such a small limit and when setting up a display having a piece missing doesn't work either. Hopefully we will continue to see slightly larger runs from Modelzone there by giving everyone a better chance to get a set.

Next run will be 600 pieces (double the previous runs) and you will be able to have US orders fulfilled from the US. Still have to place order direct with MZ but they will then forward US and Canadian orders to us for fulfillment - saving time and money.

Hope this helps.

Next run will be 600 pieces (double the previous runs) and you will be able to have US orders fulfilled from the US. Still have to place order direct with MZ but they will then forward US and Canadian orders to us for fulfillment - saving time and money.

Hope this helps.

First of all I think this is a great idea! Furthermore, I think this will be well recieved on this side of the pond. For the last modelzone fight for the kraal set I paid 68 pounds or more than $100 in shipping for 2 sets to Canada. I guess my next question will we be able to take advantage of this shipping option for previous modelzone exclusives that are innstock? I am guessing the only other one still instock would be Private Wassal saving Westwood. Does Britains have any intentions of re-releasing any of the previous modelzone exclusives on this side of the border? Net-net a great development and kudos to britains for eliminating one of the major headaches facing North American AZW collectors...THANK YOU

On a related issue, is britains considering a similar relationship for 3 sudan exclusives with mkl models...

Last edited:

Hope this helps.

This is excellent news Richard, just more great customer service from WB !!

First of all I think this is a great idea! Furthermore, I think this will be well recieved on this side of the pond. For the last modelzone fight for the kraal set I paid 68 pounds or more than $100 in shipping for 2 sets to Canada. I guess my next question will we be able to take advantage of this shipping option for previous modelzone exclusives that are innstock? I am guessing the only other one still instock would be Private Wassal saving Westwood. Does Britains have any intentions of re-releasing any of the previous modelzone exclusives on this side of the border? Net-net a great development and kudos to britains for eliminating one of the major headaches facing North American AZW collectors...THANK YOU

On a related issue, is britains considering a similar relationship for 3 sudan exclusives with mkl models...

Sadly I do not think we can do this with the MZ sets they might still have in stock, which as you say is not much, but I will ask. Really good idea about MKL too, will also broach that idea as well with them. I'll get back to you all. Glad you like the idea overall.

I was literally just talking to my wife about not being able to order the MZ exclusives...and now I see this fantastic news!

Hope this helps.

Hi Richard,

Will this set up also apply to exclusive A.C.W. sets available to American dealers for European/Worldwide collectors. Can they place orders and have them sent to the distributor in their country.

Brian

Has this set sold out already? Ive only just seen it advertised & its saying unavailable for preorder :(

Craig

Has this set sold out already? Ive only just seen it advertised & its saying unavailable for preorder :(

Craig

Something seems a little off, the last Repulsed sold out very quickly and turned up on ebay several times at twice and three times the price. It's a nice piece but the asking price should be perhaps a marked up price of 25 percent. It is possible someone is scooping up the preorders with a view of making a tidy profit down the track. This may not be the case, but something does not add up. Richard is intending to increase the limit on these exclusives which may solve the problem in the future. Cheers, Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back