New Release: HEINZ HARMEL! (1 Viewer)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
New Release: HEINZ HARMEL!​

Well it’s that time again, time to start to release intel on all the great goodies TCS is rolling out for our June catalog! First up is a great 1/6 addition.

In September of 1944 the Allies embarked on one of the most complex and ambitious plans to strike at the heart of Germany ever. Dubbed operation Market Garden and made famous by the movie: A Bridge Too Far, the battle would leave an entire division of British paratroopers all but wiped out.

The Collectors Showcase begins a great 1/6 collection of those that commanded Axis and Allied forces during the battle. Presented here first is Heinz Harmel commander of the 9th and 10th SS Divisions. This great statue is a strictly limited edition and is the first of many releases to be offered in our June catalog release.

We’ll add more great ACW and Nap sets as well as Romans in June plus another 1/6 statue. Release intel will be forthcoming so keep your eyes peeled. Oh and I forgot to mention, we are now offering club pricing to all you folks that receive our free bi-monthly magazine catalog. So sign up on the website to be included: www.thecollectorsshowcase.com [/COLOR][/COLOR]

HEINZA.jpg
HEINZB.jpg

Impressive looking figure. Actually Harmel commanded the 10th Frundsberg, it was Walter Harzer who commanded the 9th Hohenstaufen. Actually the figure reminds me somewhat of Hardy Kruger who played "General Karl Ludwig" whose (fictional) character was a combination of both Harzer and Harmel - the similarity of the names could have been somewhat confusing to cinema audiences>

Impressive looking figure. Actually Harmel commanded the 10th Frundsberg, it was Walter Harzer who commanded the 9th Hohenstaufen. Actually the figure reminds me somewhat of Hardy Kruger who played "General Karl Ludwig" whose (fictional) character was a combination of both Harzer and Harmel - the similarity of the names could have been somewhat confusing to cinema audiences>
I googled Hardy Kruger because the new figure looked just like him. The resultant photos show an exact likeness to Kruger as Ludwig, down to the coat and pose. Good likeness of Kruger, but a little less so Harmel. The power of the film image is obvious. -- Al

I think the movie is the specific source of the ambiguity today ;)

Prost!
Brad

I might have read this in ATB. But I believe in the movie Ludwig was supposed to represent both Harmel and Harzer. I think I read it in after the battle (the issue where they go over the making of the movie). They thought it was easier for the audience rather than having 2.

Amazing, looks just like him ! ...... Heinz Harmel in the Flesh ! Nice

Wayne

Hardy Kruger... Jawohl Harmel... Nein.

Sadly, another Nazi to adorn homes? Goring said there would be statutes of him in every home in years to come... Tiny little ones but, true none the less. Nice detailed figure but not for my liking. Bit ghoulish to have 15 inch figures of Nazi's displayed in my cabinets

Interesting history surrounding this figure, I'm sure it will be a great seller too!

Sadly, another Nazi to adorn homes? Goring said there would be statutes of him in every home in years to come... Tiny little ones but, true none the less. Nice detailed figure but not for my liking. Bit ghoulish to have 15 inch figures of Nazi's displayed in my cabinets

Mitch, No worries as the rest of us collector's like these quite well !

Wayne

So would that mean you don't own any models of German armour vehicles from SS Divisions ?

Consider it a figure from an historical film; A Bridge Too Far. I am sure Brian will produce a nice likeness of Shawn Connery as the British Airborne Commander. Displayed together they should be politically correct. Heros have to have enemys don't they?

So would that mean you don't own any models of German armour vehicles from SS Divisions ?

I do not see the link. The SS were the epitome of the NSDAP and the regime. Having a tank from an SS unit facing British, American or Russian counterparts is different to having a statute of a senior SS officer who allowed the murder of POW's and civilian's. This idealises the man where a tank in battle does not.

Churchill bombed Dresden killing both civilians and allied POWs. Harry Truman destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Atomic weapons, killing many civilians. Total war is not pretty and the winners write the history. Had the Axis won WW II both Churchhill and Truman would have been executed as war criminals.

Erwin Rommel was held in high esteem by both sides in WW II; but civilians died by his command in the Blitzkrieg. Intentional or not; both sides in war commit atrocities and soldiers defend their countries by killing their enemies. The politicians are the responsable parties for resorting to war IMO. "War is the extension of politics by other means" Clauswitz!

New Release: HEINZ HARMEL!​

Well it’s that time again, time to start to release intel on all the great goodies TCS is rolling out for our June catalog! First up is a great 1/6 addition.

In September of 1944 the Allies embarked on one of the most complex and ambitious plans to strike at the heart of Germany ever. Dubbed operation Market Garden and made famous by the movie: A Bridge Too Far, the battle would leave an entire division of British paratroopers all but wiped out.

The Collectors Showcase begins a great 1/6 collection of those that commanded Axis and Allied forces during the battle. Presented here first is Heinz Harmel commander of the 9th and 10th SS Divisions. This great statue is a strictly limited edition and is the first of many releases to be offered in our June catalog release.

We’ll add more great ACW and Nap sets as well as Romans in June plus another 1/6 statue. Release intel will be forthcoming so keep your eyes peeled. Oh and I forgot to mention, we are now offering club pricing to all you folks that receive our free bi-monthly magazine catalog. So sign up on the website to be included: www.thecollectorsshowcase.com [/COLOR][/COLOR]

View attachment 191398
View attachment 191399

Getting back on track, This is a very nicely done 1/6th scale figure !

Wayne

I do not see the link. The SS were the epitome of the NSDAP and the regime. Having a tank from an SS unit facing British, American or Russian counterparts is different to having a statute of a senior SS officer who allowed the murder of POW's and civilian's. This idealises the man where a tank in battle does not.

Your logic is fundamentally floored on so many levels it's hard to imagine where to begin.........

a James Coburn sergeant Steiner lookalike from Cross of Iron release would make this a formidable pairing with the Hardy Kruger lookalike.........difficult to resist that classic movie pairing........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back