New Warbirds (3 Viewers)

Wow you have 'Big Beautiful Doll' Rob,she's the baby we have at the IWM,wonderful aircraft.Very nice pics mate.

Ron,love your pics too,that Hurricane is a beauty,she's so overlooked because of her more famous partner but what an aircraft.I would not want to be sat in a lumbering HE111 with that baby bearing down on me with all guns blazing!:eek:

Rob

Rob,

Here's the recent K & C version of the Big Beautiful Doll.

Attachments

• AIR 037 P51 Big Beautiful Doll.jpg
    AIR 037 P51 Big Beautiful Doll.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 247
Thanks for posting that Brad.What a beauty,is this your model Brad?.

Rob

No, I wish, but I'm not complaining having purchased the Hurricane and the Polish Spitfire. I get K & C to send me all photos of the planes they make and I keep them in a file in my computer.

Thats a very good idea Brad.I like to print off all WW2 Flyers and then laminate them.I used to do it from here at home until i found out the printer my wife uses at work is so much better so i email them to her and she does it for me now.

Rob

I just wanted to show off my WARBIRD SPIT one more time :D
I'll not complain about any picture you post of any Spitfire but this one is indeed nice. It still really annoys me that Corgi bailed out of the 1/32 line before they did a Mark VIII or IX.

For those of you thinking that the Mosquito is too big or the details not quite right, shall I send you my address where you may send it. No fee for storage, of course :D:eek::D:);):rolleyes:

Cheers Forum Squadron Members:

For the record...(not sure if you read the Mosquito nomenclature on the K&C workshop stand) but the correct spelling is de Havilland (not de Haviland). Still looking forward to my warbird all the same but hoping this mistake can be corrected before delivery.

Hang Tough,
Beaufighter

Here is the latest arrival ,corgi,s kiwi spit.
Instant favourite for some obscure reason ;)

Attachments

• Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 114
anyone order any of the 3 new warbirds,i reserved the p51 polish squadron
can't wait
chuck

Excellent, congratulations mate.:D:cool: Where did you find her?

Cheers , in the end I used Ebay UK , The postage bought a tear to the eye :eek:. One of these days I will learn some restraint and wait for things
to turn up closer to home.
I,ll get my wife to add that to one of my things to do lists :D.

Dude the P-51 mustang is not a warbird its a corgi plane. I'd like to get the P-51 that king & country makes.

Dude the P-51 mustang is not a warbird its a corgi plane. I'd like to get the P-51 that king & country makes.
Well not to put to fine a point on it, the P-51 is a warbird and any model of it is a warbird model.:rolleyes: I assume you want the K&C model.;)

Cheers , in the end I used Ebay UK , The postage bought a tear to the eye :eek:. One of these days I will learn some restraint and wait for things
to turn up closer to home.
I,ll get my wife to add that to one of my things to do lists :D.
Well good for you. To tell you the truth, I found one on US ebay and made a pre-bid offer the seller couldn't refuse. Shipping was pretty cheap so all in it wasn't as bad as the international offers I saw but more than I wanted to pay. C'est la vie.:cool:

Here is the latest arrival ,corgi,s kiwi spit.
Instant favourite for some obscure reason ;)

Rob
No silver fern marking I see?
I am sure on that picture of a LRDG jeep you posted the marking was a silver fern.
Does the airforce have a different marking to the army?
Great plane by the way
Damian

Well good for you. To tell you the truth, I found one on US ebay and made a pre-bid offer the seller couldn't refuse. Shipping was pretty cheap so all in it wasn't as bad as the international offers I saw but more than I wanted to pay. C'est la vie.:cool:

Congrats on getting it [from the few i,ve seen they seem to sell at a bit of a premium anyway so I guess its one of those bite the bullet items] , one more too cross of the list :) .

Rob
No silver fern marking I see?
I am sure on that picture of a LRDG jeep you posted the marking was a silver fern.
Does the airforce have a different marking to the army?
Great plane by the way
Damian

Damian , it would have been part of an RAF squadron not RNZAF as all
kiwi pilots who served in Europe went into RAF squadrons . [the RNZAF only operated in the pacific arena] .
This sped up the time it took to get pilots into action I believe which is part of the reason Kiwis where just behind poles in terms of pilots in the battle of britain .[75 squadron which was the first commonwealth bomber squadron to be formed was mostly NZ,ers and the
unit title was given to the RNZAF after the war for its service]

So markings would have been an individual thing [ lrdg etc used both silver ferns and kiwi,s along with maori place names on each truck] .
Now they have a kiwi on thier shoulders.

[Dingo Deans versus the All Blacks tonight, so the tri nations is wide open]

I noticed they've posted new/ old warbirds on the K&C website. aren't these the same as thay did before??? so when they say limited to 20 is that really true when they did the same aircraft earlier???
Ray
PS, I'd love to have a swordfish, but after postage your talking $1000.00!!:eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back