New Warbirds (2 Viewers)

Ray
PS, I'd love to have a swordfish, but after postage your talking $1000.00!!:eek::eek::eek:

I agree with Ray.........$1000 is way over the top!

And this from a guy that normally says.........Can I have Two Please:eek:

Times are getting tough.......I'm actually fighting with one of my banks

because they think My Money belongs to them.:eek:

I think they probably have one or two in stock. Look, I know these are expensive but these are the greatest things going. I've got the Swordfish and it's one of the best things in my collection as are my other Warbirds (except for the one I'm selling;)). You say it's hard to justify $1,000 but you buy this and you buy that and soon enough you're up to a grand. Although I love K & C, some of the stuff, while great, is more of the same. These are something very different, which is while I love 'em. I have three of the old ones and five of the new ones, plus two Motion Models, and I think they're just superb.

Not trying to necessarily convert, but give you my viewpoint.

These are something very different, which is while I love 'em. I have three of the old ones and five of the new ones, plus two Motion Models, and I think they're just superb.

Not trying to necessarily convert, but give you my viewpoint.

Lets see 3 + 5 + 2= Mercedes Benz Smart Car:eek::eek:

I just don't know:D:D

Attachments

• SC.jpg
    SC.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 99
No comparison dude. I've driven them in Paris: nothing special:D

Hey dudes:

I like them, I think they look out of this world. They are expensive and require a pretty serious space allocation if you want to use them in a diorama. I currently have three of them the B-25 Doolittle, ME110, and the Swordfish. What I struggle with is the question of as a collector am I really getting my toy soldier dollars worth? How much of a factor in the Warbird price is included for it being unique and rare and K&C? I would guess that there is some of that related to the price that they are selling for. I might be going out on a limb here but I would venture to guess that if you found this manufactures shop in the Philippines that you wouldnt be putting up near the USD's that they retail for. Now that in no way takes away from the quality of the product because its through the roof bar none. To me, this is the male equivalent of my wife buying a really expensive pair of designer jeans(holy crap KGB, you paid that for a pair of pants - thats just denim with a label you know?) She loves them though, and she tells me the Warbird is just a piece of crafted wood with a label. She might be right.

Take Care

Hey dudes:

I like them, I think they look out of this world. They are expensive and require a pretty serious space allocation if you want to use them in a diorama.

At first I thought you were talking about the Smart car. They probably would fit in a diorama. :D

This may get me in trouble but I have to agree with Chris' post. Of course, it won't stop me from purchasing another one.

Brad,
so are you saying the new pics posted are not another run, that there left over from the original 20?
Ray

I don't understand the way they are sold? It seems some folks get advanced

notice because I see items have already been ordered before you can see

what they look like.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to announce when a new crop was going to be

available, put them up, and let them sell?

Brad,
so are you saying the new pics posted are not another run, that there left over from the original 20?
Ray

Ray,

I believe they are left over from the original 20. I can't conceive of them making a brand new one. The demand is not there.

I don't understand the way they are sold? It seems some folks get advanced

notice because I see items have already been ordered before you can see

what they look like.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to announce when a new crop was going to be

available, put them up, and let them sell?

It's not that some of us get advance notice but we will bug Andy or Fanny every now and then about what's coming out. For example, Andy told me months ago that they would be making a Hurricane, a Spit, a Mosquito and Henshel, which I posted before Praetorian (Andrew Morrill) did. I only found out earlier this week that some P 51s were coming out because I was asking Fanny about something else. Because the number of interested buyers is not extremely high, word does get around.

Brad:

I'm certainly not complaining, I was just curious how they were being sold.

I always take a look at the new offerings and I'm sure one day I might take

the plunge (the ground crew needs something to do) With the exception of

the two new offerings most of the listings on the website are sold out.

How about a few photos of yours.......when you get the chance:D

I wish they would make some World War I - Fighting Bi-Planes ! :)

That would be very cool with the WWI figure Range :cool:

I love the "Stringbag" - beautiful. I have 4 of them produced by Corgi and would love the K&C version but its a bit rich for my humble blood. Gorgeous nonetheless.

Eric

Thanks. Just go to king and country.com and you will see close ups on the planes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back