New Warbirds (3 Viewers)

Alright!! we've got at least 2 guys on the forum with the new Misquitos and NO PICS!!!
Do your duty men! you have a responsibility!!
Ray

Alright!! we've got at least 2 guys on the forum with the new Misquitos and NO PICS!!!
Do your duty men! you have a responsibility!!
Ray

Allright Ray. When I get home tonight, I will take photographs of the following and forward them to Brad to post for me:

Mosquito
Spitfire Mk IX
1991 Glossy K&C Waterloo Chess Set
Newly obtained 1994-1995 Glossy Napoleonic Figures
Newly Obtained (9th and Final) 1988 Glossy Afghan Figure
Newly Obtained Guards Camel Corps Pointing Camel Mounted Guardsmen
New Heco items (V1 Buzz Bomb, Matador Truck, WWI Mark IV Tank).

I will send out a post once I have e-mailed Brad the photos, then you can chase him to post them.:p:D;)

Yes, but who was the manufacturer?:confused:
GMP Precision Models, a high end diecast producer which had a 1/35 scale aircraft line which is sadly no longer in production. There are still some nice ones available at some shops, like Dave Aikens.
http://www.aikensairplanes.com/gmp.htm

At first I thought it was one of the new Hobby Master limited edition 1/32 Dauntless AC, which are also quite nice. They are at least seemingly intent on expansion at this point.
http://www.tricatus.co.uk/Twin Plane/ha0200.htm

I sent Brad the promised photos with a polite request that he post them, some here and some on the K&C glossy thread.

Here are the photos. I will try to add the captions in.

Here are the descriptions given to me by Louis:

Photo 1: This is a shot of the new Mosquito on the RAF airfield diorama. The Heco weather tower and the K&C RAF Quonset hut are in the background, as is the new Heco AEC Matador Lorry I recently found with the help of Tom Dubel on Ebay.

Photo 2: Here's a shot of the new Spitfire MK IX on the RAF airfield. The custom K&C RAF Control tower and two of the original 1:32 scale wood Austin K2 Ambulances (one green and one blue) are in the background.

Photo 3: Here's a shot of the Heco AEC Matador Lorry I acquired with Tom Dubel's help.

Photo 4: Here's the brand new 1:30 scale 8th Army Austin K2 Ambulance next to the original 1:32 scale wood versions. In addition to the clearly improved interior details and clear windshield, note that the scale is clearly considerably larger than the original 1:32 versions.

Photo 5: Another comparison shot of the K2 Ambulances, this one head on.

Attachments

• Louis Warbird 1.JPG
    Louis Warbird 1.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Louis Warbird 2.JPG
    Louis Warbird 2.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 86
  • Louis Warbird 3.JPG
    Louis Warbird 3.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Louis Warbird 4.JPG
    Louis Warbird 4.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Louis Warbird 5.JPG
    Louis Warbird 5.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 111
Last group of photos.

Photo 6: Here's the new 8th Army K2 Ambulance in its natural environment, with the new stretcher team, some new and old 8th army figures and the original K&C 1:32 wood metal and resin 8th Army vehicles on a K&C produced custom desert diorama. Again note hte substantially larger size of the new 1:30 scale ambulance when campared to the original 1:32 scale vehicles from the 1990's.

Photo 7: Here's another shot of the desert scene, this one head on.

Attachments

• Louis Warbird 6.JPG
    Louis Warbird 6.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Louis Warbird 7.JPG
    Louis Warbird 7.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 115
Louis,
the Heco looks great, I am glad that worked out for you! I have seen your airfield in person, but it still looks cool no matter how many times in print!

COOL STUFF.

TD

I am working on adding a couple of more Heco pieces to the collection right now. They really are great pieces.

Great stuff Louis! Thanks for sharing the photos via Operation Brad! I really enjoyed the Heco pieces which surprised me-something new in the hobby to research & study now!

Hang Tough,
Beaufighter

Louis:

Great photos! Always great fun to see and enjoy your wonderful collection!

Lots of planes in the backround.....waiting for their chance to takeoff!:eek:

Thanks Brad and Louis, that a great flying machine and I always love the New!!!
Ray

I now have the following new warbirds, some of which are one of a kind:

1. Hawker Typhoon (1st version, 5 Made)
2. ME110 Desert Camouflage (5 made)
3. De Havilland Demon BiPlane (1)
4. Gee Bee Racer (1)
5. FW 190 (Snake version) (1 of 10?)
6. Japanese Seiran Floatplane (1 of 3)
7. Arado 195 German Floatplane (1 of 10?)
8. F86 Sabre Jet, U.S.A.F. Korean War (1)
9. Fairey Swordfish Torpedo Bomber (1 of 20)
10. P38 Lightning "Marge" (Dick Bong's) (1 of 10?)
11. B25 Mitchell Doolittle Raider "Ruptured Duck" (1 of 16?)
12. Westin Whirlwind FHE (1 of 20?)
13. Corsair "Marine's Dream" (1 of 10)
14. Helldiver Bunker Hill (1 of 10)
15. Supermarine Spitfire MK IX (1 of 10)
16. De Havilland Mosquito (1 of 15)

Maybe one day I will clear the airfield of all but the new warbirds, and take some shots . . . :rolleyes:;)

Attached are photos of the Demon and Gee Bee that Louis mentioned above.

Attachments

• AIR 007 Demon.jpg
    AIR 007 Demon.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 82
  • AIR 008 Gee Bee.jpg
    AIR 008 Gee Bee.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 82
Checking on the amounts listed by Louis above,

10 is correct for the Snake.

Floatplane, I believe one only.

There are two kinds of Westland Whirlwinds, both at 20 each. I think at least one is still available from K & C. Nice plane.

Bunker Hill and Spitfire, only 5 made I think but since Louis has the certificate, I'll defer to him.

I should be getting my swordfish, and the henschel. Can't wait till I get those.

Checking on the amounts listed by Louis above,

10 is correct for the Snake.

Floatplane, I believe one only.

There are two kinds of Westland Whirlwinds, both at 20 each. I think at least one is still available from K & C. Nice plane.

Bunker Hill and Spitfire, only 5 made I think but since Louis has the certificate, I'll defer to him.

I defer to Brad, actually, because I was doing it all from Memory. There is only one exception: there were 3 Seiran Floatplanes. I got one, and Hans got one. I don't know who got the other one.

airfield with all the planes looks mighty impressive...what is the building in the 5th photo on the righthand side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back