Next phase of hougoumont (1 Viewer)

JGMiniatures

Registered Member
Dear Treefroggers

As you may have noticed i have not brought out many new models over the last few years, this is because I have been working when time permitted on the next phase of the Hougoumont Farm for the battle of Waterloo.
This was always going to be the most difficult part of the model to sculpt an mould , so apologies for the time it has taken so far.

This next phase will include the main Chateaux with adjoining Chapel , the Farmers House , Pigsty, Barn and interior dividing wall. These items will cover half the total area of the complex.

The first of these items to be released will be the Chateaux and Chapel, The Masters of which are at the moulding stage and will be released in September.

The rest of the items will be released on the run up to Christmas.
I did intend to complete the whole complex including the Great Barn , East side outbuildings and the North Gate by this year but now these items will be postponed until after Christmas and into 2016.

I am also in the process of having my web site updated with hopefully more content .

If anyone who has been contemplating acquiring the Hougoumont full complex could e-mail me direct at sales@jgminiatures.com just to register their interest it would be most helpful for me to estimate quantities and production timings.

Many thanks and Happy collecting

John

Wow, very exciting, a long time coming, but I know it will be well worth the wait. :salute:::salute:::salute::, Robin.

A chance to add to these, yahoo, bring em on, these are excellent and of course the 200th anniversary. Have to pinch myself that this is happening, go John. Robin.

Attachments

• P7280006.jpg
    P7280006.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 1,526
  • P6280001.jpg
    P6280001.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 1,501
  • P3220001.jpg
    P3220001.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 1,366
  • P3010019.jpg
    P3010019.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 1,698
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,446
Thanks Robin, yes been a long time ,my original idea was to get the Whole of the Hougoumont farm finished for 2015 for the anniversary of the battle , however circumstances do not always permit .
You may not know I am basically a one man operation with one part time employee - not a large manufacturer with outworkers, anyway no more excuses the models are on their way , I hope they meet your expectations , photos will follow when the first production piece is finished .

John

I eagerly await the release, but I will have to see the price first :wink2:. I would probably be much more likely to purchase it if you did a package deal with the South Gate and the other things you have already manufactured.
Regards,
Sandor

Following John's exciting news, have been busy reseting the layout in preparation for the remaining buildings to be positioned at the rear of the already released South gate and gardeners house. Robin.

Attachments

• P8070001.jpg
    P8070001.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,307
  • P8070002.jpg
    P8070002.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • P8070003.jpg
    P8070003.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,372
  • P8070004.jpg
    P8070004.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,421
Following John's exciting news, have been busy reseting the layout in preparation for the remaining buildings to be positioned at the rear of the already released South gate and gardeners house. Robin.

Oh this is gonna look good :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

The hardiest thing, is finding a large enough backdrop to do justice to these amazing buildings. Robin.

Attachments

• P8080001.jpg
    P8080001.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 1,358
The hardiest thing, is finding a large enough backdrop to do justice to these amazing buildings. Robin.

John supplies backdrops, maybe he will do one specific to these buildings Robin

Cheers

Robin you'll need to commission a local artist to paint you a large enough backdrop, I'm sure there are some in SA who will help you out, with the amount of pictures you produce it would be a great investment.
Wayne.

Yep my sister-in-law is the artist who does all my backdrops, her works to date have been on boards about 2/3rd's of the size I need, so I will commission her to do a larger one, trouble is I have been waiting for 6 months for a jungle scene I have asked for, so this will be a long time coming, than again these new buildings look like being released over a period extending into next year. Can you tell I am keen^&grin, Robin.

Fantastic addition, the tower and chateau roof come off which allows figures to be placed at windows. Really delighted with this, a fitting piece for the previously released South gate. John is very talented to say the least.^&cool, Robin.

Attachments

• P9090006.jpg
    P9090006.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 1,200
WOW !!!

That diorama in getting BIGGER and BIGGER ... you may need a bigger shed to display it all :)

John

Very nice buildings. I'm impressed by the sheer size of it. The full compound is going to be enormous.
Cheers,
Brendan

A couple more photo's. Robin.

Attachments

• P8290006.jpg
    P8290006.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 866
  • P8290007.jpg
    P8290007.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 886
Awesome structures Robin and I can only imagine how big they would look seeing them in person!

Tom

Lovely buildings Robin {bravo}}

John Gittins is a great bloke to deal with :salute::

Cheers

Saw this in person today and it is absolutely stunning!

Pictures do not do this justice!

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back