Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

They just went on a nice long drive to take the lead. Who's more anxious: George or Sammy?

congrats to the Harbaugh brothers...the 49ers and especially the Ravens...9 point dogs...they dominated NE at their own home...

RAVENS SUPERBOWL BOUND! Hey Sammy, they dood it! Beat the crap out of the Pats and kept the ball away from Brady in the 2nd half. Ravens looked as good in the 2nd half as they did bad in the 1st. Now that's what I call halftime adjustment. It's an all Harbaugh SB. Go Ravens! Take it all!^&grin -- Al

Re: Nfl 2013 season!!!!

Okay, Sammy, I'm game.

AFC= Ravens, Pats, Texans, Broncos, Steelers, Bengals

NFC= 49'ERS, Eagles, Packers, Giants, Falcons, Saints

The NFC East is going to be brutal. I don't see any team going better than 10-6, with a log jam around 8-8/9-7. Assuming Vick stays healthy, the Eagles edge the Giants (both 10-6) on the tie breaker. Out West, assuming their QB didn't just have a fluky good years, the 49ers easily win the Division with a 14-2 or 13-3 record, and the Saints grab the other wild card. Green Bay walks away with the north, and the Falcons, who have no competition in the division, take the South.

In the AFC the Ravens and the Patriots battle it out for the best record at 13-3/12-4, each walking away with their Division. Assuming their defense, QB and RB remain healthy, the Texans walk away with the South. The Broncos, behind their all world QB (single biggest upgrade at a position in the league) walk away with the West, The Bengals, with a year more experienced QB/WR combo, and the Steelers, with an aging defense and QB with a partially torn rotator cuff, manage to grab the wild cards.

I like the 49ers vs. the winner of the Patriots/Ravens in the Superbowl, with the 49ers winning it all.

I posted this in August. I can't believe I picked the Superbowl correctly in the pre-season!{sm2} And I didn't place a friggin' bet!{eek3}

Oh well, the next two weeks will be unbearable. The two biggest crybaby, jerk coaches in the league going against each other.

RAVENS SUPERBOWL BOUND! Hey Sammy, they dood it! Beat the crap out of the Pats and kept the ball away from Brady in the 2nd half. Ravens looked as good in the 2nd half as they did bad in the 1st. Now that's what I call halftime adjustment. It's an all Harbaugh SB. Go Ravens! Take it all!^&grin -- Al

Wow!!!! what a year it has been, after all the injuries, the 3 game losing streak, firing of the offensive cordinator in mid-season, death of Tory Smith brother, Art Modell passing away, then having to face a hot Colts team, going to Denver and Manning and winning in OT, then finally going back to New England, after living with that dropped pass and chip shot field goal and ALL the replays of it all year long...my boys found away to win today and move on to the Superbowl!!!! I'm with you Al, let's hope we can finish with a win!!...Sammy

P.S. Louis I hope you have my Ravens as your pick:)

I think the Ravens were just meant to win. I call it the Jerome Bettis factor ala when he retired and we just couldn't be beat even when he fumbled in Indy! Bettis was interviewed and agreed, he picked the Ravens. It is just an X factor.

Back to X's and O's, again, Ravens D played well and got stops. Pats will review this film and curse themselves - 6 times in the Red Zone, no points. It they score on only 2, we have a virtual tie game.

Ravens seem to be the team of destiny. I honestly can watch this Super Bowl without a care in the world. Only question is can I stand to see the Ravens win to prevent the 49ers from getting another SB and tying the Steelers???!!!???

In the end, I don't care who wins this one, not even sure if I will watch it!

TD

*dance* *party*

I have only one problem............ Can I stay awake the whole night ........to see how the SF49ers win..... ^&grin

Wow!!!! what a year it has been, after all the injuries, the 3 game losing streak, firing of the offensive cordinator in mid-season, death of Tory Smith brother, Art Modell passing away, then having to face a hot Colts team, going to Denver and Manning and winning in OT, then finally going back to New England, after living with that dropped pass and chip shot field goal and ALL the replays of it all year long...my boys found away to win today and move on to the Superbowl!!!! I'm with you Al, let's hope we can finish with a win!!...Sammy

P.S. Louis I hope you have my Ravens as your pick:)
Sammy, I have been hot and cold on Flacco for a couple of seasons now. I either love him or hate him depending on which Flacco shows up. I now have to give him the credit he probably has deserved. His run through the post-season is VERY impressive. He has now played 2 outstanding games on the road, and beaten 2 of the best 3 Qb's in NFL history, (I admit it. No one will EVER be better than Johnny U in my book, so he is #1). Flacco drove the field on long drives, error free, and just took the game away from the Pats. Flacco only has to play well and win the SB to take his place with the upper echelon Qb's. Actually, win the SB or not, I am now on his bandwagon. He has just been outstanding this post-season. So, come on Joe, come on Ray, bring that SB trophy back to Baltimore! -- Al

Sammy, I have been hot and cold on Flacco for a couple of seasons now. I either love him or hate him depending on which Flacco shows up. I now have to give him the credit he probably has deserved. His run through the post-season is VERY impressive. He has now played 2 outstanding games on the road, and beaten 2 of the best 3 Qb's in NFL history, (I admit it. No one will EVER be better than Johnny U in my book, so he is #1). Flacco drove the field on long drives, error free, and just took the game away from the Pats. Flacco only has to play well and win the SB to take his place with the upper echelon Qb's. Actually, win the SB or not, I am now on his bandwagon. He has just been outstanding this post-season. So, come on Joe, come on Ray, bring that SB trophy back to Baltimore! -- Al

Al, I try to take the good with the bad (just like this forum):) and have seen Flacco play some games where I thought he awesome, then drop a dud on national tv the next week,^&confuse but overall I have always had faith in the guy, any qb that can get to 3 AFC Championship games in 5 years, well speaks for itself, and if weren't for a dropped pass this could be two in a row for Flacco, so yea he derserves the recognition, and a new contract, and a Super bowl title would be nice as well:)...Sammy

Good grief...who did the Patriots pay off to get this road to the Super Bowl?? A few weeks we were talking about them being the #3 seed and having to win two on the road. Now they get to stay home and play the 4th seed in the AFCCG?

Good thing they get a break now and again...

How ironic is this post?

What an enjoyable day out yesterday that was for me.

The Ravens get their revenge after gagging away the AFCCG last year, just awesome.

Brad was right, a team of destiny, win it for Ray Ray and all that other hollywood/high school BS.

Have to give them credit, they came up here and punched the Patriots in the mouth and the Patriots had no answer.

Losing Talib killed them, as did losing Love, Wilfork was a non factor after Love left, he was double teamed all game long. Have to give the Ravens coaching staff credit, they were totally outplayed in the first half, made adjustments at the half and took advantage of the situation.

Six trips inside the red zone, one touchdown, that's not going to get it done, up 13-7 at the half yet it felt like they were trailing.

No pressure at all on Flacco, he had all day to throw. Get ready pay him what, 16 million a year, best of luck with that.

Another blown chance to win a Super Bowl, the window is closing on Brady, that is for sure. He's a great QB, he's on the back nine of his career now, maybe two or three more kicks at the can for him. He did not have a good game at all yesterday, not very accurate with his throws.

Not sure what the game plan was yesterday, passing on 2nd and 2, 3rd and 2, pass, pass, pass, they should have run the ball right at Ray Ray, him and Suggs were tapping out a lot yesterday. They slowed the game down, no sense of urgency at all.

Piss poor clock management at the end of half as well.

Seems like a lot of people didn't want the Patriots getting to the Super Bowl; you got your wish.

Hate on Combat, this will be my last comment on it, you think he's guilty of murder then so be it, I guess it must be true...Sammy

No hate to it pal. The guy plead guilty. If you know what actually happened, please tell it to the authorities so that they can bring resolution to the families of those that were murdered. Ray knows the answer, but he's not talking. Wonder why?

We will probably never know the full truth but one thing we will know for sure in the next couple of weeks is that we will be tired of hearing about him, as well as the Harbaughs, taking nothing away from the two brothers. Based on what little I saw of the post game there was undue focus on him.

I frankly think the Ravens will have a tough time against the 49ers but I'm sure we will have endless talk about it in the next couple of weeks.

one thing we will know for sure in the next couple of weeks is that we will be tired of hearing about him.........................Based on what little I saw of the post game there was undue focus on him.

I frankly think the Ravens will have a tough time against the 49ers........................................

I'm already tired of hearing about him.

Period.

That's the media for you, latching onto a story and running with it over and over, beating us all over the head with it.

They showed his pregame seizure, him trying to cry during the national anthem and his pleas to father, lord, whoever, not to mention they showed him on the sidelines 900 times during the game, then after it was over as he collapsed to the field (I DVR'd the game and watched it today, just to be sure all of this wasn't some sort of a bad dream or something).

If the Ravens do to the 49ers what they did to the Patriots, ie, headhunt all over the field and take 15 yard penalties to try to impose their will on them, they'll beat them.

Not sure who on the Ravens defense is going to be able to shadow Cucumber, he's very fast and has the whole pass/run option the Ravens aren't going to kill you with their defensive speed, that's for sure.

I was reading and listening to some of the quotes from Suggs; wow, what a class act.

I guess when you win, you can run your mouth all you want.

Early line out of Vegas has the 49er's 4 point favorites. Good. No reason the Ravens can't keep winning as the underdogs. -- Al

Early line out of Vegas has the 49er's 4 point favorites. Good. No reason the Ravens can't keep winning as the underdogs. -- Al

That makes them less of a dog than vs New England, not to mention they will be playing a team that can actually put pressure on the QB (something the Patriots haven't been able to do since Christ was in a crib) and who has a QB that can beat you both with his arm and his legs (good God, Brady is a corpse out there, slower than slow, yesterday he ran into an official and the officials rear end tackled him).

A line of 3 essentially is even, ie, pick em, just ask Mike the Greek, he knows all things when it comes to gambling on football..................

We will probably never know the full truth but one thing we will know for sure in the next couple of weeks is that we will be tired of hearing about him, as well as the Harbaughs, taking nothing away from the two brothers. Based on what little I saw of the post game there was undue focus on him.

I frankly think the Ravens will have a tough time against the 49ers but I'm sure we will have endless talk about it in the next couple of weeks.

Every year that's all there is talk on the two Super bowl teams, but just like I got tired about the great Brady all this week, and the great Manning all of the week before that, and even better before the first snap of the playoffs ever started the talk about the Manning vs. Brady Championship game{eek3} if the Giants, Jets, Pats or whoever gets in that's all you here about for 2 solid weeks that's just what the media does during these next few weeks, I wish the Superbowl was held the very following week after the Championship game as to just get on with the game. as far as the point spread I could care less, I hope they put the Ravens as a 9 and a half spread under dog, seems to be the going rate these last couple of weeks...Sammy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back