Nfl 2012 season!!!! (2 Viewers)

Speaking of Joe Kapp, did you ever see this video of him and Angelo Mosca getting into a fight at a CFL awards dinner. Apparently, they were still mad at each other from something that happened in a game.

And you thought only Treefroggers got into arguments? {eek3}

WOW...Totally Ridiculous....Angelo gets a 2min roughing penalty....Joe gets a 2 mins for unsportmanlike conduct; 5 mins for fighting.{sm4}

I agree on Boldin (An FSU boy by the way!). Boldin makes every big play and I neglected to mention him when I did Ed Reed. Those are the 2 I am happy for, good people, good role models, deserving of the SB honors. Flacco.............I will give him credit for his post season performance..........but...........he still has a personality slightly South of the generic dishrag. Just an arrogant dud in that department.

Not to beat this point to death, but I, like most people (I think) really forgot about the Ray Lewis murder debacle until this week. I know we are a forgive/let live society, but Jeez, you would think Mr. Religion would be able to clear the air on this. I think I read a book is coming out written by one of the witnesses or participants from that night. It will be interesting to see how this affects his next phase of his career and his HOF inductions. Now, I am also a guy that argues, the off field garbage should not affect the HOF (Rose, Bonds, Clemons). I think Lewis is his own worst enemy with regard to handling the questions.

Oh, if I forgot to say, Sammy congrats on the win, now that its over, I can now fully tell you the Black and Gold will rain down on Purple next year. I know we will be gunning for the Ravens.

TD

Ahhh, all is right with the world again, it's weird when you have steeler fans pulling for the Ravens in any game:) so it's good to have Tom throwing down the Steelers gonna win talk, but at the moment that's all it is..talk^&grin and I'm wondering if Woodley is dead?? as he said Flacco would never see a Super Bowl in his life time?? haven't heard any NFL deaths reported so I guess he's ok and he's in hiding:) but looking forward already to 2 great games next season with Pitt, and as the Super Bowl winner usually gets the first game at home on the Thursday before the Sunday openers wouldn't it be great to start the NFL season with a Steeler at baltimore opener!!...Sammy

Ahhh, all is right with the world again, it's weird when you have steeler fans pulling for the Ravens in any game:) so it's good to have Tom throwing down the Steelers gonna win talk, but at the moment that's all it is..talk^&grin and I'm wondering if Woodley is dead?? as he said Flacco would never see a Super Bowl in his life time?? haven't heard any NFL deaths reported so I guess he's ok and he's in hiding:) but looking forward already to 2 great games next season with Pitt, and as the Super Bowl winner usually gets the first game at home on the Thursday before the Sunday openers wouldn't it be great to start the NFL season with a Steeler at baltimore opener!!...Sammy

That would be a perfect opening game for us, usually the winner has the SB hangover, I know we did on the recent 2. Yeah, Woodley, I remember cringing when he said that, I think I posted it somewhere, even though at the time I agreed! You just never want to say that and give the other side motivation!

Here we go.............

TD

I wonder how the Harbaugh family is doing after this. Knowing how -- at least it's been reported that way -- competitive they are, it should be interesting. When Jim threw his playlist or whatever he was holding down, my son said I wonder if he's going to do a Rex and throw his headset down like Rex did when he knew he had lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game.

I wonder how the Harbaugh family is doing after this. Knowing how -- at least it's been reported that way -- competitive they are, it should be interesting. When Jim threw his playlist or whatever he was holding down, my son said I wonder if he's going to do a Rex and throw his headset down like Rex did when he knew he had lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game.

After watching Jim Harbaugh through out these playoffs and last year I am glad we got the John Harbaugh in Baltimore, all the headset throwing, clip boards, hat, (the Atlanta game was his best flip out) Jim H. really does come off pretty **** arrogant, I never thought much of him as a player, and he and John maybe brothers but Jim needs to work on some anger issues, but when you try to beat big brother (0-2 at moment):) and have no success I guess it does get a little frustrating...Sammy

Jim was a pretty good player (not great but good) with Michigan and the Bears and other teams so you must be using some of the same stuff that Mr. God is. Jim has been in the league two years and has taken his team to the NFC title game and the SB. I doubt any coach has done as well. Took the Ravens five years to make it.

Jim was a pretty good player (not great but good) with Michigan and the Bears and other teams so you must be using some of the same stuff that Mr. God is. Jim has been in the league two years and has taken his team to the NFC title game and the SB. I doubt any coach has done as well. Took the Ravens five years to make it.

Personal opinion is they are both very competitive and "chippy". Jim is just more overt and loud about it, but you can tell they are brothers!! All you have to do is look at who coached Jim - Bo Shembechler and Mike Ditka. Even Ditka said Jim was the most competitive person he ever coached. And I do agree with Brad, Jim doing the Champ Game and Super Bowl in first 2 years even as a coach in the league, pretty amazing. Not to take anything away from John either, both are pretty good, John did have pretty good mentors in Bellechek and Andy Reid. Again, 2 success stories, I am not sure what the 49ers cap looks like next year, but that team could be right back in it, they are fairly young.

TD

Personal opinion is they are both very competitive and "chippy". Jim is just more overt and loud about it, but you can tell they are brothers!! All you have to do is look at who coached Jim - Bo Shembechler and Mike Ditka. Even Ditka said Jim was the most competitive person he ever coached. And I do agree with Brad, Jim doing the Champ Game and Super Bowl in first 2 years even as a coach in the league, pretty amazing. Not to take anything away from John either, both are pretty good, John did have pretty good mentors in Bellechek and Andy Reid. Again, 2 success stories, I am not sure what the 49ers cap looks like next year, but that team could be right back in it, they are fairly young.

TD
I like both Harbaughs. Both good at their jobs, just different approaches. So what? They both win and that's the bottom line. Tom, as you say, 49er's are good enough to be right back in the SB. They are FAST. Kaepernick only gets better. Going to be interesting to see who takes over for Lewis at ML and how the Ravens handle his retirement next season. I know he's only 1 player but they are going to miss his leadership and, uh, his enthusiasm. The off-season will be interesting for Baltimore. -- Al

Jim Harbaugh turned Stanford into a tough as nails, top five college program. That means the man can coach. His players seem to like him, but he really gets under the skin of his opponents and often behaves like a real jerk.

I think it fairly obvious that both Harbaugh brothers are excellent coaches, and I think their "jerk" personas are part of the way they coach. That being said it seems obvious to me that John totally out coached Jim in the Superbowl. Until Jim apparently had time to rethink his approach at halftime, and with the extra half-hour he got from the power outage, his team played right into the hands of the Ravens, trying to use Kapaernic as a pocket passer, and playing an inexplicable defense which kept allowing Boldin to be isolated on a cornerback in single coverage. Even as poorly as he gameplanned, Jim very nearly made the belated adjustments to come back, but the 14 points off turnovers (really at least a 17 to 21 point swing, as the fumble came on first down at the 23 yard line, so erased either 3 or 7 points for the 49ers) were just a bit too much to overcome.

I am frankly pleased that the Ravens won, because I have friends in Baltimore who really have only had 3 or 4 championships in their lifetimes.

I like both Harbaughs. Both good at their jobs, just different approaches. So what? They both win and that's the bottom line. Tom, as you say, 49er's are good enough to be right back in the SB. They are FAST. Kaepernick only gets better. Going to be interesting to see who takes over for Lewis at ML and how the Ravens handle his retirement next season. I know he's only 1 player but they are going to miss his leadership and, uh, his enthusiasm. The off-season will be interesting for Baltimore. -- Al

This is what I call a classy observation.

I am frankly pleased that the Ravens won, because I have friends in Baltimore who really have only had 3 or 4 championships in their lifetimes.

Which means that next year you will be pleased that the Vikings win, because have only had...uh...well...NO championships in our lifetimes!

Which means that next year you will be pleased that the Vikings win, because have only had...uh...well...NO championships in our lifetimes!

Touche!

The Ravens had one in 2000 so I don't think they could have really complained as many teams have never had any.

Nice article about the brothers in today's Times, http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...n-super-bowl-harbaughs.html?ref=football&_r=0

Earlier I had commented about how Flacco, come what may, was going to reap the rewards. Here's an article about that, also in today's Times. At the beginning of the season, he had passed up an offer from the Ravens, telling his agent that he thought he would have a good year. A lot of times that blows up in your face but this is one time it worked out well for the athlete, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/s...oe-flaccos-exquisite-timing.html?ref=football

The blackout really seemed to get in the head of John Harbaugh. He was chewing some guy out left and right on the sideline who seemed to be explaining the delay. I would have clocked him if I were that guy. He really seemed unsettled and so did the Ravens. It was like Ray's divine intervention was working against him. If Jimbo calls a QB draw inside the ten, the 49ers likely steal this one.

I find myself wondering what the NFL's Plan B was if the electricity didn't come back on line.^&confuse -- Al

The blackout really seemed to get in the head of John Harbaugh. He was chewing some guy out left and right on the sideline who seemed to be explaining the delay. I would have clocked him if I were that guy. He really seemed unsettled and so did the Ravens. It was like Ray's divine intervention was working against him. If Jimbo calls a QB draw inside the ten, the 49ers likely steal this one.
Ah, the great coulda, woulda, shoulda, but didn't.:wink2: -- Al

I was pushing for my favorite play, the naked bootleg, but Coach H didn't hear me {eek3}

You have two with the Twins . . . did the Northstars ever win one before they moved to Dallas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back