Nfl 2012 season!!!! (2 Viewers)

Pretty good 1st half for the Ravens. I wish the Ravens had taken the FG instead of faking it. Always take the points in a game like this. The 'Good' Flacco has showed up again and is playing really well whereas Kaepernick hasn't gotten untracked. Really wish the Ravens had that 3 extra points, though. -- Al

Nice job, New Orleans. Can't even keep the lights on. Someone on the switches must have bet the 49er's. {eek3}:rolleyes2: -- Al

Nice job, New Orleans. Can't even keep the lights on. Someone on the switches must have bet the 49er's. {eek3}:rolleyes2: -- Al
I think it is fairly obvious that the NFL didn't like the fact that they had a rout on their hands, so they pulled the plug to break the Ravens momentum. So far it has worked. That's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it.{eek3} -- Al

I bet the Ravens wish they had that 3 points they passed on in the 1st half now.:rolleyes2: Go Ravens! -- Al

That was a lot closer than it should have been, but a win is a win is a win. And the NFL got a thriller by killing the lights and changing the momentum. Congrats Ravens!^&grin -- Al

First off, congrats to the Ravens for holding on. That said, even as a STeeler fan routing for the Ravens leaves an odd taste in my mouth, I have to say I feel bad for Jim H and the 9ers. Sorry folks, but the no call of holding in the end zone was just the same as a screw job. I know a lot happens in a game, but the Ravens got that call on a crucial 3rd down late in the game and it was the right call, however, it should have been holding in the end zone and SF first and goal on the 1. End of day, it doesn't matter, but I feel like the refs did football fans a disservice with missing that call. It could have made the game even more exciting and the outcome would have still been up in the air, but that call should have been made.

All in all, very happy for Ed Reed, he deserved it as much as anyone, he has a great career and is a guy who deserves a ring. He does a lot for youth sports and the community, he is a good egg. Also congrats to Ray Rice, I am glad he didn't have to shoulder a fumble so to speak, he is a first class guy here in Baltimore.

As far as Ray Lewis, don't let the locker room door hit you in the rear on the way out, glad to see you go for lots of reasons, the most important one is morals. Sorry, but involved in a murder in some way and then never coming clean is just a complete lack of morals, that type of person does not deserve another shot. He could have cleared that up himself a long time a go and he decided not too. Unfortunately, ESPN didn't seem to mind about that now that he will be an analyst, ironic, given their predisposition to removing anyone from their roster with any baggage! Ray Lewis will go down as thug life born, thug life bred, thug life dead!

TD

Turned out to be a good game. Think the Ravens would have been haunted had they lost. Didn't like the plays the Niners called when they could have won and that non call was a joke but that's the way it goes.

Agree with Lewis. Time to go. He hasn't looked good in answering questions about the murders.

Turned out to be a good game. Think the Ravens would have been haunted had they lost. Didn't like the plays the Niners called when they could have won and that non call was a joke but that's the way it goes.

Agree with Lewis. Time to go. He hasn't looked good in answering questions about the murders.

Agreed, glad the 49ers made a game out of it, very exciting game, that's all you can ask for.

49ers had their chances, not getting a touchdown on the Rice fumble was big, their play calls first and goal on the 7 were just horrible, that 4th down call was awful, you have to try to run it with Gore or Kaepernick at least once, looks like the 49ers had a designed QB run called on the play they did not get off in time and had to burn a time out.

And that was a brutal non call on the Ravens, as Tom pointed out, the Ravens got basically the same call go for them that kept a drive going.

Boldin is a beast, man did he save Flacco at least three times fighting for the ball. Flacco just earned a 6 year, 120 million dollar contract I'd say.

Bye bye Ray Ray, what a non factor he was, did he actually retire two weeks ago after the Patriots game?

Whatever, just glad it's over.........................

Great game loved every minute of it,well done to the Ravens and congrats Sammy glad your team won mate enjoy it your king till this time next year.................^&grin
As for that Lewis bloke Phelps seems to like him,interesting to see this story unfolds been reading it keenly(World champions still get a laugh out if that can't they just say USA champions ^&confuse)
What figure do you want mate i awaiting to do the 1 thing i thought i would never do...........................:redface2:
Would Love to be in New Orleans tonite drinking a few,halftime stuff was preety good as well,spewing we don't get the commercials over here,oh well great day looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
Man, what a game, what a season!!! looking back at when the schedule came out and saw how tough it was going to be just to make the playoffs, Pitt twice, Pats,Broncos,Texans, Bengals twice, then for the team to have so many injuries at one point, then winning the AFC North, beating the Colts,Broncos,Pats ,49'ers to win it all was a tall order, but MY TEAM won and I can't be prouder as a fan of this team in how they hung together through alot of hard times this year...Sammy

RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game loved every minute of it,well done to the Ravens and congrats Sammy glad your team won mate enjoy it your king till this time next year.................^&grin
As for that Lewis bloke Phelps seems to like him,interesting to see this story unfolds been reading it keenly(World champions still get a laugh out if that can't they just say USA champions ^&confuse)
What figure do you want mate i awaiting to do the 1 thing i thought i would never do...........................:redface2:
Would Love to be in New Orleans tonite drinking a few,halftime stuff was preety good as well,spewing we don't get the commercials over here,oh well great day looking forward to next year.

Well my butcher bud, it was a great game and glad my boys came through in the end, now what is the icing on the perverbial cake is my good mate shelling out some Aussie coin for some, wait for it....FIRST LEGION!!!! I'll have to get back with you on a soldier, so many to choose from:)...Sammy

An odd game. Has there really never been a fake FG in the Super Bowl before? The power outage was bizarre. Whenever the commentators tell you over and over it won't be a factor, you know it will. The way the Raven's defense seemed to be tired even after the halftime break and the 30 minute delay. Jim Harbaugh is a major alpha-hotel but the man can coach. His team plays four quarters. The playing calling at the end left something to be desired. With a mobile QB, you might give him a chance to run for it instead of throwing three low percentage passes. Boldin is a player. He makes Flacco look like Joe Montana with his circus catches. Does the NFL now allow hockey like scrums after every play? How many punches were thrown without a flag? I hated the college footbal rule about helmets coming off, but now I see the point. Helmets were flying all night. Strap it on or sit. I think there was a hold on the 4th down play, but most refs will not decide the Super Bowl with a call like that. The ball looked uncatchable anyway. It's a low percentage play to run in that situation. A poor play call.

I know Flacco played great but I thought Boldin made some fantastic catches that saved their bacon on many an occasion.

By the way was Ray Lewis in the game? He was invisible. I guess God wanted him to be that way :rolleyes2:

As a Ravens fan I am overjoyed that the game went our way. I have some observations as to the game. Flacco, despite his roller-coaster performances at times during the regular season, is a frosty Qb who doesn't make mistakes in post-season where it is all on the line. His run through this year's playoffs are as impressive/good as anyone has ever been. Flacco threw a total of 11 post-season Td's, without an interception. He has been the definition of a 'money player'. Boldin is a beast and a big play receiver. The 49er's team speed is spectacular. They ran through, around, and away from the Raven's defense all night. Saying that though, the Ravens defense came up big when it mattered at the end. The power failure was a disgrace for New Orleans and the NFL and truly disrupted/effected the game in a very bad way. The Refs didn't do a very good job controlling things but also let them play without throwing a lot of flags. Kaepernick and the 49er's will be in the mix for a while. They are a truly dangerous team. I like Ray Lewis as a football player, but he picked the right time to retire. He was a step behind the plays all night last evening and it really showed against all the 49er team speed. Still, it is great to see him go out a winner. Reed is a treasure. Jones had the game of his life. Being conservative and believing a team should always take the points, kick the bloody FG next time, Harbaugh! Baltimore teams now 3-1 during the SB era and 6-2 overall in NFL Championship games, having played NY teams 4 times in those games. 3-0 against the Giants and 0-1 against the Jets ( and yes, that one still hurts me:wink2:). It was a great season for the Ravens, as Sammy pointed out numerous times, overcoming many key injuries, and never giving up. Congratulations to Baltimore! -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back