Nfl 2012 season!!!! (1 Viewer)

I think it is fairly obvious that the NFL didn't like the fact that they had a rout on their hands, so they pulled the plug to break the Ravens momentum. So far it has worked. That's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it.{eek3} -- Al
Funny thing is that I thought it was a N'Orleans way of giving the finger to their favorite Commish. I certainly wouldn't blame them. It was odd but it may have ironically saved a boring blowout and the Ravens won anyway. Pretty entertaining game as it turned out.

Turned out to be a good game. Think the Ravens would have been haunted had they lost. Didn't like the plays the Niners called when they could have won and that non call was a joke but that's the way it goes.

Agree with Lewis. Time to go. He hasn't looked good in answering questions about the murders.
Brad, haunted is an understatement. I was looking into blackhole of disaster from a Baltimore fan's point of view. Had the Ravens lost the game, it would rank right up there with SB 3 as a pain that would never go away. Blew SB 3 after being one of the best NFL teams ever, and being 18 point favorites. To have lost SB 47 after having a 22 point lead, well that doesn't bear thinking about, and that is what we fans were facing. Would have been the two worst disasters in NFL history, at least from our myopic point of view. Thank heavens it didn't happen. I didn't need another nightmare to live with.:rolleyes2::wink2: -- Al

Brad, haunted is an understatement. I was looking into blackhole of disaster from a Baltimore fan's point of view. Had the Ravens lost the game, it would rank right up there with SB 3 as a pain that would never go away. Blew SB 3 after being one of the best NFL teams ever, and being 18 point favorites. To have lost SB 47 after having a 22 point lead, well that doesn't bear thinking about, and that is what we fans were facing. Would have been the two worst disasters in NFL history, at least from our myopic point of view. Thank heavens it didn't happen. I didn't need another nightmare to live with.:rolleyes2::wink2: -- Al

That would have been epic had they gagged away that lead. Thought for sure that stupid fake field goal was going to bite them in the rear end, why do that?

On the second half kick off that got ran back, there was a huge holding call dead center in the middle of the field that did not get called, huge break there. Another huge break when the 49ers couldn't score after the Rice fumble, that would have been massive if they could have scored there.

As a 49ers fan, you've got to be ripping your hair out over the play calls on 1st and goal at the 7, four strait passes, no misdirection, no runs, no use of the pistol, that was just awful.

Kaepernick has a lazer for an arm, he needs to learn to throw the touch pass, he throws the ball 100 miles an hour all the time.

Boldin should have been the MVP of that game, he makes every play when it counts. The 49ers defense has not been the same since Smith got hurt.

Have to give Jim Harbaugh a ton of credit, he fired his offensive coordinator and put Caldwell in that spot, a guy who had never held that position before, his play calls in the Patriots game and the Super Bowl were excellent, took what the defense was giving him, good for him, he got railroaded out of Indy.

Ok, Sammy started the thread, he gets to end it, HIS TEAM won, good for him, awesome.

Hey at least this year I didn't get drunk dialed after the game was over..........................

That was a lot closer than it should have been, but a win is a win is a win. And the NFL got a thriller by killing the lights and changing the momentum. Congrats Ravens!^&grin -- Al

That half time show by Beyonce likely cause a ciruit overload:wink2:....Congratulations to the Ravens{bravo}} and hats off to the 49ers for keeping it competitive in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
On the radio today, Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton on WFAN in NY were saying that during her rehearsals this past week Beyonce blew out the power twice. You would have thought that this might have set off some bells with the City and the NFL.

Now that is a potent performance:rolleyes2:....System overload:wink2:......Remember when it was just a game instead of a "rock concert".

It's interesting that when all was said and done, the Raven's D actually was the weak point for them in this game. SF's offense had them on the ropes in the second half. If they get that last TD it's likely over. And if the 49ers run it three times or let the QB scramble, I don't think the Ravens can stop them. Flacco and Boldin pulled this one out with the help from that KO return. That 3rd down catch Boldin pulled in with the defender's arm between him and the ball was huge. He saved Flacco or Jim Harbaugh on that one when it was third and short. Boldin not only makes plays, but he makes them when they really count. That's the difference between being good and great. Any guy can have great stats, but making plays when the game is on the line is what matters. I turned it off once the game was over, but I'm glad they didn't make too much of it being Lewis' last game. I think the spotlight this week higlighted all his obvious flaws and even the media was somewhat embarrassed to continue with that charade.

It's interesting that when all was said and done, the Raven's D actually was the weak point for them in this game. SF's offense had them on the ropes in the second half. If they get that last TD it's likely over. And if the 49ers run it three times or let the QB scramble, I don't think the Ravens can stop them. Flacco and Boldin pulled this one out with the help from that KO return. That 3rd down catch Boldin pulled in with the defender's arm between him and the ball was huge. He saved Flacco or Jim Harbaugh on that one when it was third and short. Boldin not only makes plays, but he makes them when they really count. That's the difference between being good and great. Any guy can have great stats, but making plays when the game is on the line is what matters. I turned it off once the game was over, but I'm glad they didn't make too much of it being Lewis' last game. I think the spotlight this week higlighted all his obvious flaws and even the media was somewhat embarrassed to continue with that charade.
Flacco and Boldin should have been co-MVPs. Flacco was great last night and lead the team to converting 9 of 16 third downs, a huge number. And guys, JOHN Harbaugh is the Ravens coach.:wink2: -- Al

Ok, Sammy started the thread, he gets to end it, HIS TEAM won, good for him, awesome.

Let the race to start the 2013 thread begin! Maybe I can just delete them all, start my own, and ensure a Vikings victory next year.

That assumes we find a quarterback in the next few months...

Flacco and Boldin should have been co-MVPs. Flacco was great last night and lead the team to converting 9 of 16 third downs, a huge number. And guys, JOHN Harbaugh is the Ravens coach.:wink2: -- Al

I agree on Boldin (An FSU boy by the way!). Boldin makes every big play and I neglected to mention him when I did Ed Reed. Those are the 2 I am happy for, good people, good role models, deserving of the SB honors. Flacco.............I will give him credit for his post season performance..........but...........he still has a personality slightly South of the generic dishrag. Just an arrogant dud in that department.

Not to beat this point to death, but I, like most people (I think) really forgot about the Ray Lewis murder debacle until this week. I know we are a forgive/let live society, but Jeez, you would think Mr. Religion would be able to clear the air on this. I think I read a book is coming out written by one of the witnesses or participants from that night. It will be interesting to see how this affects his next phase of his career and his HOF inductions. Now, I am also a guy that argues, the off field garbage should not affect the HOF (Rose, Bonds, Clemons). I think Lewis is his own worst enemy with regard to handling the questions.

Oh, if I forgot to say, Sammy congrats on the win, now that its over, I can now fully tell you the Black and Gold will rain down on Purple next year. I know we will be gunning for the Ravens.

TD

Let the race to start the 2013 thread begin! Maybe I can just delete them all, start my own, and ensure a Vikings victory next year.

I hear Joe Kapp may come out of retirement

Last edited:
I hear Joe Kapp may come out of retirement

Speaking of Joe Kapp, did you ever see this video of him and Angelo Mosca getting into a fight at a CFL awards dinner. Apparently, they were still mad at each other from something that happened in a game.

And you thought only Treefroggers got into arguments? {eek3}

Last edited:
Speaking of Joe Kapp, did you ever see this video of him and Angelo Mosca getting into a fight at a CFL awards dinner. Apparently, they were still mad at each other from something that happened in a game.

I thought that was a video of Sammy and Wayne slugging it out after Wayne told him he just can't bring himself to order a First Legion product to settle their little super bowl wager................

I think for the 2013 season, instead of making predictions as to who will win the Super Bowl, I'll just hold off to see who makes the playoffs and see who has the best match ups going forward.

In the past 6 years, we've had a #6, #5, two #4's, a #2 and #1 seed win the Super Bowl, two of those teams were wild cards, three finished the season 10-6, one finished it at 9-7 and won the Super Bowl, it has nothing to do anymore with how you play in the regular season, it's all about a break here, a break there, a blown call here, a bad bounce there and BINGO, you're the champion.

And the NFL has to do away with this moronic "all star" group of referees, none of whom work together with each other during the year. They did a crap job of controlling that game yesterday, in one of the 10,000 scrums after the whistle, a Raven threw a forearm at a ref, no call, in the regular season, that guy gets tossed.

Also, this whole "put the whistles away" during the playoffs is a joke too. In the regular season, if you brush up against a guy, it's either PI or defensive holding, in the playoffs, you can mug guys all the way downfield and there are no calls. Smith laid Flacco out on one play well out of bounds, no call, that was pure BS, it wasn't even close, on another play, Pollard tackled a guy well out of bounds, no call again. On the 49ers final drive, Crabtree got smoked on a helmet to helmet hit, no call, this was the play before the horrible non call in the end zone again on Crabtree, the defender had a handful of jersey right in front of the ref, no call, how can you let that go?

It's a joke and a farce.

Last edited:
i thought that was a video of sammy and wayne slugging it out after wayne told him he just can't bring himself to order a first legion product to settle their little super bowl wager................

LMAO....To much....LOL LOL LOL{bravo}}

I believe Alex Smith could be available.:wink2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back