Nfl 2012 season!!!! (3 Viewers)

No question that Montana had some incredible offensive weapons to work with...Montana was an amazing middle range passer (very accurate) and had great receivers and running backs who could catch and then run well with the ball after the catch. I do not think that he had a rifle for an arm...but his accuracy was unsurpassed and he had poise in big games. He was not easily rattled by a pass rush..except for that big hit in the playoffs against the Giants 1990 which for all practical purposes finished his career in SF.

Read a good story today on ProFootballTalk by Adam Schefter talking about the Ravens; they are projecting to be 5 million over the cap next year, this on the heels of Good Flacco showing up in the playoffs going into a contract year. He said if they can't reach a long term agreement and they use the franchise tag on him, they'll be 15 million over the cap, which means Reed, Boldin and Kruger will all walk, that's just the start of it to get under the cap.

Wow.

Good luck with that.

Also, was listening to the local afternoon drivetime sports talk guys here and what were they debating; who's the greatest QB ever, talk about ironic. They went back and forth with numerous callers chiming in. At the end of show, they said Montana is #1, Brady is #2.

One of the drive time guys made a great point; he said in his opinion, Brady is the victim of a weak defense as in both of his Super Bowl losses to the Giants, the defense could not get off the field and gave up two game winning touchdowns.

So in theory, if his defense made a couple of plays, he's 5-0 and the GOAT, second to none.

Read a good story today on ProFootballTalk by Adam Schefter talking about the Ravens; they are projecting to be 5 million over the cap next year, this on the heels of Good Flacco showing up in the playoffs going into a contract year. He said if they can't reach a long term agreement and they use the franchise tag on him, they'll be 15 million over the cap, which means Reed, Boldin and Kruger will all walk, that's just the start of it to get under the cap.

Wow.

Good luck with that.

Also, was listening to the local afternoon drivetime sports talk guys here and what were they debating; who's the greatest QB ever, talk about ironic. They went back and forth with numerous callers chiming in. At the end of show, they said Montana is #1, Brady is #2.

One of the drive time guys made a great point; he said in his opinion, Brady is the victim of a weak defense as in both of his Super Bowl losses to the Giants, the defense could not get off the field and gave up two game winning touchdowns.

So in theory, if his defense made a couple of plays, he's 5-0 and the GOAT, second to none.

Well at lot of holes in that theory.....The Patriots defense was not over-powering but adequate....Maybe it could also be that the Giants had a good ball control offense as well as a great defensive pass rush designed to upset Mr. Brady. These team traits are a perfect counterbalance to a team like the Patriots....Some teams do not match up well with each other....also the Giants were peaking at the right time especially in 2007-2008

Well at lot of holes in that theory.....The Patriots defense was not over-powering but adequate....Maybe it could also be that the Giants had a good ball control offense as well as a great defensive pass rush designed to upset Mr. Brady. These team traits are a perfect counterbalance to a team like the Patriots....Some teams do not match up well with each other....also the Giants were peaking at the right time especially in 2007-2008

Yeah that's great Frank, but the bottom line is the Patriots had the lead late in the game in both of those Super Bowls and lost.

Not to metion, the Patriots curb stomped the Giants in the last game of the year in 2007, they were undefeated going into the Super Bowl, you can't peak much more than that.

Anyway, it is what it is, they lost both games.

You can play the what if game 9,000 times, the result is still the same, just like you can play the what if game 9,000 times regarding Gettysburg, the Confederates lost the battle and the war as a result, Ewell, Stuart, moving on Washington after the first day, blah, blah, blah, they lost, end of story.

Yeah that's great Frank, but the bottom line is the Patriots had the lead late in the game in both of those Super Bowls and lost.

Not to metion, the Patriots curb stomped the Giants in the last game of the year in 2007, they were undefeated going into the Super Bowl, you can't peak much more than that.

Anyway, it is what it is, they lost both games.

You can play the what if game 9,000 times, the result is still the same, just like you can play the what if game 9,000 times regarding Gettysburg, the Confederates lost the battle and the war as a result, Ewell, Stuart, moving on Washington after the first day, blah, blah, blah, they lost, end of story.

Completely agree George, but that's my point exactly....the NLF season is quite long these days...Given the demanding schedule, injuries,fatigue etc....It is hard to preform at peak efficiency all through the season let alone have a perfect season. Also I still say some teams matchup better then others....teams with good defenses (pass rush) and good running games tend to keep games low scoring and thus the final outcome of a game is always in question......these days fans like to see a wide open style of play with lots of passing.... but when you pass the ball 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.....The Giants also won in 1990 with the same game plan with Jeff Hostedler against the Buffalo Bills..... I guess I watched too much 1967 GB Packers and 1972 Miami Dolphins football...the game has changed today...lots of passing...but once in a while the old method works.

Also I still say some teams matchup better then others....teams with good defenses (pass rush) and good running games tend to keep games low scoring and thus the final outcome of a game is always in question......I guess I watched too much 1967 GB Packers and 1972 Miami Dolphins football...the game has changed today...lots of passing...but once in a while the old method works.

Couldn't agree more Frank, you are 1000% correct; in todays NFL, it's all about matchups, nothing more, nothing less. The Patriots match up terribly to the Giants and Ravens, so they lose, they demolish everyone else.

Like you, I don't care for todays NFL, 10-6, 9-7 teams getting to and wining the Super Bowl, it's a joke, plain and simple and like you, I miss the days of the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Redskins and Cowboys curb stomping people, they blew teams out of the Super Bowl, none of this 17-14 crap winning at the last second.

B-O-R-I-N-G.

How can you not like a game that is decided in the last minute or two like when the Patriots beat the Rams, the Rams beat the Titans and 49ers beating the Bengals. I want no part of a blowout.

The only reason -- which I understand -- you don't like a 17-14 game is because the Giants beat the Patriots that way in the last minute.

The NFL is too watered down for my taste, end of story.

When cinderalla teams like the Patriots vs the bears, the Falcons vs the Broncos or the Chargers vs the 49ers to name a few got to the Super Bowl, they got curb stomped, now you've got 10-6 and 9-7 Super Bowl winners, the integrity of the game comes into question IMO.

Again, just my opinion, we'll see what happens on Sunday.

Personally, I prefer lower scoring games in football (played in the elements) with a good mix of defense and good running plays....Nothing sweeter then 10-14 play meat grinder drives with an offensive line opening holes for tough yard gains with passing mixed in to keep the defense honest....23-17 or less is usualy a good game IMO.......A little mud and snow only adds to the mystique of the game.....I find offensive passing shoot-outs like 38-28 played on artificial tuft to be BORING track meets....or a game of.... I score, you score.... and whoever has the last possession wins....BORING

Last edited:
Well fellows finally game time tommorow!!! let's here your pick.

Ravens 30

49'ers 24

It will be a good game but I think both teams can score on the other, so I'm thinking a higher score for a final, well we'll see less then 24 hours to go, got my Back Ribs, wifes home made baked beans, fries, biscuits and some snick snacks for pre-game, let's go RAVENS!!!!!...Sammy

49er,s 38
Sammy,s mob 24

Sorry mate.

What?? say it aint so Joe?? or ahh Wayne:) alright time to throw down a butcher's bet, my Ravens win you buy me one First legion soldier of my choice around 60 dollars, if your 49'ers win I buy you a K&C or whoever for the same price?? deal or no deal?? butcher blood runs deep, but Sammy needs a new pair of shoes!! or a soldier will do just as good:) alrighty mate, post here if you are in over the next few hours, don't want you to reply this time tommorow:)...Sammy

What?? say it aint so Joe?? or ahh Wayne:) alright time to throw down a butcher's bet, my Ravens win you buy me one First legion soldier of my choice around 60 dollars, if your 49'ers win I buy you a K&C or whoever for the same price?? deal or no deal?? butcher blood runs deep, but Sammy needs a new pair of shoes!! or a soldier will do just as good:) alrighty mate, post here if you are in over the next few hours, don't want you to reply this time tommorow:)...Sammy

Mate me buy a FL figure,NEVER NEVER NEVER.........................^&grin
Ok Butch your on.

Now guys that is a fun bet{sm4}.......Wayne are you really sure you can handle it:wink2:...If you lose it might be too much of a shock to the system.^&grin

I have had my eye on this one Para for awile, glad to see some Aussie money will be sending it my way:)...Sammy

Mate i could get a K&C TANK for the price of a FL figure so im a happy man..........................:wink2:^&grin^&grin^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back