NMA News: Watch out for Monday 14th August!! (2 Viewers)

Blake,
There were some recently posted photos of FJ figs in 2 versions and I pre-ordered them, are these those same reorganized or will I have to have a seperate pre-order?
Ray

Different ones Ray - these are GFJ 3,4,5 and 6.
All sets featured are SS Parachute Battalion 500 with this release.
Regards Blake

Rob said:
Come on you guys i'm relying on your expertise here!,summer,winter but no desert.What is it!!!

Rob

Minnesota? What say you Peter?

2 man crew, paratroopers, not in the desert - schwimwagen possibly?
be nice especially due to the kc one being long retired and around 500 opening bid on ebay right now

Flammenpanzer said:
I also think it is a Schwimmwagen. I can use it in any paint scheme:)

Honour Bound is doing one, but they are not exactly moving with lightning speed. Would guess next year before it is released.

If it's the Schwimmwagen, I have to scratch my head. Why invite comparison to the K & C model? Surely, there must be something else.

jazzeum said:
If it's the Schwimmwagen, I have to scratch my head. Why invite comparison to the K & C model? Surely, there must be something else.

You'd only be scratching your head because you already have one probably. For those of us who don't or who arent willing to pay X number of dollars it would be a good thing surely?

At the end of the day there's a finite variety of vehicles to produce. Just because K&C have already made a version 5 years ago or more doesn't make it their copyright.

Anyway my hope is that they are better than the K&C FJ's and that the camo is on a par with the recent excellent Britains FJ's.

jazzeum said:

Brad,

You raise an interesting question: "Why invite comparison to the K & C model?" I dunno. Maybe because the New Model Army vehicle is clearly better? :D

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Blake, if it isn't the set we were taliking about, I'm very curious to see what this release is. Looking forward to the brochure.

Whats in the line up for NMA in the upcoming months?
Thsnks.

I understand that some may not have it but that's really not the question. It's also possible that it may be better than K & Cs since that was made a few years ago. In addition, no one said that K & C had a copyright on anything.

However, as a company, you want to establish your own identity, a la Honour Bound. Coming out with a Schwimmegen when K & C has already done with their FJs is not really going to help that, is it?

wadepat said:
Brad,

You raise an interesting question: "Why invite comparison to the K & C model?" I dunno. Maybe because the New Model Army vehicle is clearly better? :D

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

;)

Btw guys, the schimmwagen was used in the desert, by the Afrika Korps in fact. Sorry, but I can't think of another vehicle, except for the obvious King Tiger.

Last edited:
jazzeum said:
I understand that some may not have it but that's really not the question. It's also possible that it may be better than K & Cs since that was made a few years ago. In addition, no one said that K & C had a copyright on anything.

However, as a company, you want to establish your own identity, a la Honour Bound. Coming out with a Schwimmegen when K & C has already done with their FJs is not really going to help that, is it?

Maybe as a fledgling company you want to produce things that people actually want? FJ's are a popular subject but not produced at the moment in the 1/30 scale
A schwimmwagen (though we have no idea if it's one or not) is a popular vehicle.
No company has one available at the moment.
Then when you have that audience maybe you can produce the artsy stuff like US Paratroopers on horseback or US paras with German hat and wine bottle. (Which i would imagine were not all that anticipated)

I doubt if it will be a schimmwagen as I said below. But I agree they are an attractive vehicle and you can't have to many of them imo. My favourite is the humble FOV version but it's in 1/32 of course. I used to have a 1/24 tinplate model made by Gonio years ago, it was a tropical-desert version with baloon tyres and had moving parts including operational steering. In fact I had the full 'Gonio' range which included an M3 halftrack, Dodge Weapons Carrier etc, but decided to sell them all as 1/24 is a bit of an orphan scale.

Edit, but when you think of it maybe it could be a schimmwagen as I don't think German Paratroops were used in the desert, except for Crete, if you count that as being desert.

Last edited:
jazzeum said:

Didb't HB do a Panther after K&C did 3 of them? Seems like a weak comparision there Brad, even if HB's is better (not according to you though).
If NMA do a Schwimwagen then hopefully it will be better than K&C's old model as I would not fork out the extortianate amounts demanded on ebay for one. If all new manufacturers were not allowed to do what K&C had done, then they would be stuck for new products as after 22 years in the game K&C covered all the popular ones a long time ago.
Anyway still reckon it's another Panther - why not everybody else has done one this year!

OzDigger said:
I doubt if it will be a schimmwagen as I said below. But I agree they are an attractive vehicle and you can't have to many of them imo. My favourite is the humble FOV version but it's in 1/32 of course. I used to have a 1/24 tinplate model made by Gonio years ago, it was a tropical-desert version with baloon tyres and had moving parts including operational steering. In fact I had the full 'Gonio' range which included an M3 halftrack, Dodge Weapons Carrier etc, but decided to sell them all as 1/24 is a bit of an orphan scale.

Edit, but when you think of it maybe it could be a schimmwagen as I don't think German Paratroops were used in the desert, except for Crete, if you count that as being desert.

There were FJ's in the desert. The Ramcke Brigade. Though they didn't do any combat drops just functioned in an elite ground fighting role. They also took part in a legendary fighting retreat which I'll need to look up more information on. Would be a good topic for the historical thread.

Thanks easy, I knew there weren't any airdrops but was to lazy to check if any FJ served in Africa.

Btw, my guess for the vehicle with the FJ set would be a Kettenrad. I know Britains have done a similar version, but do I win a prize if correct :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back