Not Guilty (1 Viewer)

Glad to see it. With all the quirks, political pressure, lack of evidence, and what-not, it sounded like this case should never have gone to court. The jury is to be commended for not buckling under to the pressure and publicity. -- Al

Based on the available evidence, I think it was the correct decision......That Said..... my crticism of Zimmerman is that he was told by the police not to approach this individual prior to the incident...Hopefully he was not playing Charles Bronson....When you're "packing heat" one should at least try to avoid any confrontation/altercation that could result in your need to pull your weapon and use deadly force especially if you are not a police officer.

Based on the available evidence, I think it was the correct decision......That Said..... my crticism of Zimmerman is that he was told by the police not to approach this individual prior to the incident...Hopefully he was not playing Charles Bronson....When you're "packing heat" one should at least try to avoid any confrontation/altercation that could result in your need to pull your weapon and use deadly force especially if you are not a police officer.
True. It is an odd thing, but someone who is carrying a gun can tend to put themselves into a situation that they would normally avoid, because of the gun. It imparts a kind of 'I can handle anything' feeling and it can override self-preservation in terms of staying out of harms way. I'm not saying this is what happened or that every citizen who carries falls prey to this 'situation', but it does happen. -- Al

Does anyone know if crowds are still gathering, I do hope no one else is killed or injured after this.

Rob

Does anyone know if crowds are still gathering, I do hope no one else is killed or injured after this.

Rob

Oh yeah, there was rioting in several places; not guilty verdict, so you flip someone's car over and smash it to pieces, or throw a brick through a store window, like that's going to change anything.

Just brilliant.

Even though he was found not guilty, he's still screwed, will have to go into hiding now, living a normal life is now out of the question for this guy.

Oh yeah, there was rioting in several places; not guilty verdict, so you flip someone's car over and smash it to pieces, or throw a brick through a store window, like that's going to change anything.

Just brilliant.

Even though he was found not guilty, he's still screwed, will have to go into hiding now, living a normal life is now out of the question for this guy.

I expect the Department of Justice will now bow to the political pressure and file civil right charges against him.

I think that he will be found guillty in the civil suit...and most likely.... rightfully so.

Last edited:

Just brilliant.

As I thought George, I saw a report on the BBC that said some people had told Police before trial that they would not accept a not guilty verdict!. Right, so its only justice if its the result you want then.

Rob

I expect the Department of Justice will now bow to the political pressure and file civil right charges against him.

Sad to see that witch hunts and lynch mobs are still part of the Justice System. It was a fair and well conducted trial The judge performed very well and the jury seemed to be attentive, meticulous and hard working.

Terry

My sentiment as well. His function was to spot a perpertrator and report it to the police. We also have to teach our children to avoid physical confrontations whenever possible. Male teenagers tend to have that "macho" instinct but as I told my son you never know if the adversary has a gun or knife.

I think that he will be found guillty in the civil suit...and most likely.... rightfully so.

Frank,
Why do you think this? He was found not guilty and in the laws of his State acted within the law. I don't think someone should have civil liability in a case like this. It from all evidence turned into a life of death situation. If I am fighting for my life, that should not be able to be litigated IMO.

And my own personal opinion on this case (only this case) is that justice was served and he was not guilty under the law.
Tom

Gentle Friends,

The topic under discussion is very highly emotionally charged. Please tread very carefully or the discussion may suddenly come to a rapid end.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Yea, the Feds will do a little politiclly correct tap dance with this case. Jesse Jackson & Al sharpton will open their mouths and I truely believe it will just fade away.
During the trial I read on message boards about how they thought the judge in this case was pro prosecution but to me when the not guilty verdict was read she appeared to have a little smile on her face which I took to mean justice was served correctly.
As for a civil suit, maybe, but what real financial gains could be had. Zimmerman is not rich.
Did anyone catch the interview that CNN Piers Morgan did with Zimmermans brother after the verdict? His brother Robert ate Morgan up.
Gary

Correct decision, pro second amendment when very little these days goes that way. Still amused that they show the picture of Trayvon when he was 12, instead of his intimidating size when this tragic event took place. Only show the sheep what they should see, the new American way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back