November Dispatches (2 Viewers)

maybe we could get patton with his II corps in north africa? december dispatch?

Gary, That just means that now we need a towed 155mm howitzer and an M4 Tractor. Yes.

I'm with you! The 155mm howitzer M1A1 was organic to a standard infantry division (in a twelve-gun battalion). A K&C 155 would be quite impressive (it is a BEAST of a cannon) and would represent a weapon that was common in Europe, but hasn't been done to death yet. The only other 155mm howitzers are a mediocre 1/35th model by Peerless/ Italeri, the Marx playset howitzer and a little one from Roco Minitanks. One can imagine the possibilities for Andy to create a great gun crew to go with the howitzer!

A K&C M4 High Speed Tractor would be quite an item also!

Gary

:) I believe that our collections are missing some important vehicle categories and that the manufacturers need to do some catching up. I am not asking for rare vehicles that were produced as just a few production runs or those few that were used in “back water” war fronts. Instead, I look at my collection, it’s not the largest in the world but it is respectable, and I don’t see many common soft-skinned vehicles (the most numerous of an army' inventory) and I don’t see much towed artillery. I know I’ve been posting for a Dragon Wagon and a Bedford Lorry for about a year now, but my point is that there are some very obvious gaps in the collection being offered for us to purchase by our friends who make our passion so fierce.;)

By the way those new K&C vehicles, the M5, the desert Tiger and the RSO, are must haves for me and two of them are soft-skinned and I agree with Warbuff26 that those BBA figures almost look real.:cool:

So please, all you makers out there in Toy Soldieraniana, make more soft skinned vehicles and towed and self-propelled artillery, please.:):)

The Scots had the ugliest pants in the history of warfare.

The Scot had the ugliest pants in the history of warfare.

If your talking about the plaid your seriously mistaken, though i would feel odd wearing them especially in battle there awesome looking.

If your talking about the plaid your seriously mistaken, though i would feel odd wearing them especially in battle there awesome looking.

Take a look at this fellow:

Attachments

• FW032.jpg
    FW032.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 129
Wow!! Everything Looks Good. The Only Problem Is I Am Running Out Of Space And Money. It Looks Like Some Long Hours At The Zoo So I Can Pay For Everything.

I agree about the battle of the bulge figures, for me they are the most dynamic allied battle set in the range ,(the russians are great as well would love more of them) and these figures just add to that

I agree about the battle of the bulge figures, for me they are the most dynamic allied battle set in the range ,(the russians are great as well would love more of them) and these figures just add to that

I like the guys rushing in the 30 cal and the one guy helping the wounded off. I can already see it now in my diorama, those to on the edge one going in and one going out

chuck

he is made by K&C and is coming out in the next few months. He is a world war 1 scot.

I have been lucky to see all these figures first hand and they are awesome......best sculpting and painting by far.

and boy what is to come.........well ou may as well all take your socks off now as they are going to be blown off anyhow!!

heading out of HK today. has been a fun packed few days and family all tired out from the site seeing. But a great trip.

now back to the unit and the 60 odd dios I have to make for the new display room and get ready for LOndon show on the 1st
Tony

By the way, don't take my earlier comments about the M5 wrongly. Just because it isn't shown with the right cannon in the scene should not take away from the beauty of the tractor. Andy has done a fine model of one of the lesser known tractors in the US Army. The detailing and (of course) the weathering are first-rate.

I really ike the upcoming BoB GI figure sets. Gotta have the walking wounded, the MG team and probably a couple more of the new sets.

Waiting anxiously for another vehicle that Andy and Gordon told us about at OTSN - very definitely a BoB vehicle that will add to the collection!

Gary

I'm very impressed overall with this dispatch, primarily thanks to the amazing new Bulge Americans. The .30 cal team is great because it tells a story - you can see the pain in the eyes on the guys lugging the gun and the ammo - reminds me of the guy in the same predicament in the movie Kelly's Heroes. :) Hopefully the scale difference between the officer and guy carrying the .30 cal is just an optical illusion. The bazooka team is also beautifully done, and it's great to see the handy-talky radio in the kneeling set, plus the springfield sniper rifle.

I also love the grime on their faces. It really looks like they've seen some hellish combat and I hope the final product turns out as nicely. Does this mark a new direction for K&C's realism, perhaps influenced by the grittier style of Collector's Showcase or Figarti? Regardless, this new Bulge wave is a home run.

The M5 tractor is also very nice. Great to see a vehicle other than just tanks all the time. Thanks Gary for the info about how it was used. I'm also impressed with K&C showing how a 21st century product can be used in a compatible fashion with their own, even if it's not exactly the same scale or accurate for real life.

As for Arnhem… well at least it's better than wave 1. The best guy is the para with mortar bombs. It's also great to see a piat. However, the poses and detailing still need some sprucing up. Same goes for new WW1.

That's my 2 cents about this dispatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back