OFFICIAL Firefly Photos (3 Viewers)

It would be nice to see some pics of the offensive material.

I haven't received mine yet, but when a decal looks like a decal, a good way to remedy it is to apply some super softener to make the decal sink into the contours, let dry, then dullcoat

There are photos at post #73 of this thread.

Terry

This decal discussion is interesting. IMO, all of the armor I own, (KC, HB, CS) are all marked with decals. I have many die-cast aircraft marked with pad-printed insigna and the better quality of these is marked. That said, the KC decals seem to be of higher quality than those of HB and especially CS. Anyone else see this?

I'm not sure K&C uses decals?? Their older models (say 4+ years ago) had raised lettering as part of the casting and the raised letters were painted. Doesn't look very good compared to what they are doing today. The large numbers do not have a decal sheen and the small white printing does not look like decal material.

I'm not saying they are not decals, but if they are, I can't tell even with a magnifying glass (no Ozdigger comment required :D).

Terry

I'm not sure K&C uses decals?? Their older models (say 4+ years ago) had raised lettering as part of the casting and the raised letters were painted. Doesn't look very good compared to what they are doing today. The large numbers do not have a decal sheen and the small white printing does not look like decal material.

I'm not saying they are not decals, but if they are, I can't tell even with a magnifying glass (no Ozdigger comment required :D).

Terry
Yeah, it's a tough call. The KC markings are good but do not look pad-printed, either. I do not know for sure on the KC. Maybe if the markings crack or fade years down the road we will know for sure. -- Al

Yeah, it's a tough call. The KC markings are good but do not look pad-printed, either. I do not know for sure on the KC. Maybe if the markings crack or fade years down the road we will know for sure. -- Al

Well however K&C are doing it, of all the manufacturers I have seen, they are the only ones that do not look like decals and after the decal discussion on this Forum indicating they have an advantage, I doubt Andy is going to tell us now.

Terry

I've read the thoughts on here re the Firefly and its decals.I gotta say,i love the Tank and the fact that the smallest decals may not be 100% perfect is not a big deal for me.Honestly,its not like i'll walk into the office see the small decals as a major problem.

Figarti are absolutely on fire right now.The Firefly,88 and Prime Mover are all superb in my view,the 88 is the best set Figarti have ever made(in my view) and the Firefly is wonderful.The Prime mover is not quite so good but very nice too.Honestly guys there are very few models that are 100% perfect/realistic in this hobby and it would take more than a dodgy decal to ruin an otherwise stunning vehicle.

Also as i said earlier Figarti's figures are getting better and better.I have HB's Winter Panther (a wonderful Tank),but the figures are just not in the same league as Figarti.To me to this day all HB figures have an elongated,Ghostly quality that just doesn't work for me or with any other company.

I think if we are looking for absolute 100% perfection we are going to have a long wait and very small collections.

Rob

I have had a closer look at the Firefly decals with a magnifying glass. I think the only one that looks like a decal is the one at the front of the tank side (red letters on a green background). It may be giving the impression it is a decal because the green rectangle the red letters are on is a different green than the body of the tank. I think Louis said the large 12 on the turret looked good - and it does - it even has dirt smudges and does not look like a decal. Even the small white lettering in other spots on the tank look good.

It may be only the one red lettering on a green background sign that may at first glance, look like a decal because of the green on green colouring.

Have another look. :)

Terry

It does seem a slight fuss over nothing if you have to dig out a magnifying glass to examine the offending area.
I stand by my claim that this is right up there with my favourite tanks.
Certainly everyone I met at the London show in June thought it was a fantastic piece.
It's all opinion though and nobodies is worth more than any one else.

just want to give some comments on the figures.

just like HB, figarti's earlier figures were not too tempting, and i'll agree with rob, the HB winter panther crew fall under that category.

however, both companies had improved on the style to be more compatible with the main manufacturer, and these i felt had stepped up sales.

i'm basing these on my own collection of HB and Figarti items.

and speaking of the decals, i trust louis' and terry's assessment on this.
on the lop-side, i felt it shows how much expectation figarti now has on its shoulders.

my 2 cents.

It does seem a slight fuss over nothing if you have to dig out a magnifying glass to examine the offending area.
I stand by my claim that this is right up there with my favourite tanks.
Certainly everyone I met at the London show in June thought it was a fantastic piece.
It's all opinion though and nobodies is worth more than any one else.

It does seem silly that I had to use the magnifying glass but it is the only way for me to get a really good look. ( I didn't have to dig it out - I use it for model repairs and it is at hand. :) The thread got me to compare the older and newer K&C lettering along with that of the HB, Figarti and CS models. Along with Ozdiggers description of painted lettering, I actually learned something about the models.:cool:

And as I said before in this thread, I think the Firefly is a very good model.:cool:

Terry

I think if we are looking for absolute 100% perfection we are going to have a long wait and very small collections.

Rob[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Very true Rob! :D I think this thread's enormity is partly due to incredibly high collector expectations ( perhaps unreasonable ) behind Figarti's new product line. This hobby just keeps getting better and better as manufacturers try and outdo each other. As far as Figarty taking a step back well I don't think so. We'll see if First Legion's Stug moves the bar up. Even if that product is first rate I'm sure the price will be enormous as well. I still believe that keeping prices reasonable and making better and better products is in the best interest of the hobby and to that end Figarti is on the right track. Compaired to the industry leader I think the Figarti Firefly stacks up very well. As previously stated some aspects are not up to the industry leader's standards and yet others are better. Overall I'm very pleased with this product. If it doesn't match a connoisseur product it's certainly a big step in the right direction for the price and given its limited production I think good value. ;)

Cheers
CFM :)

It may be giving the impression it is a decal because the green rectangle the red letters are on is a different green than the body of the tank. Terry

Here's what happened:

Just before embarkation, the tank CO was accidentally shot by a sentry. The new CO wanted a new banner on the tank, so the crew had to overpaint the original one with the paint they had at the depot, which was a green camo color as opposed to OD. They then painted the new banner in that green rectangle as per CO's order, then shipped out to hunt down Whittmann

Here's what happened:

Just before embarkation, the tank CO was accidentally shot by a sentry. The new CO wanted a new banner on the tank, so the crew had to overpaint the original one with the paint they had at the depot, which was a green camo color as opposed to OD. They then painted the new banner in that green rectangle as per CO's order, then shipped out to hunt down Whittmann

nice story :D

Here's what happened:

Words fail me:eek::D:D:D

Terry

Well, if this is noticeable on mine, it's going to be for sale. I didn't order the second Sherman but I hope for the sake of those who bought them that Figarti does a better job.

Let us know what you think when it arrives. Hopefully you'll think it's a great piece.
Seems a shame to have to sell it though - maybe you could just return it to your dealer saying you're not satisfied with it.

Yes hopefully when you see it in the flesh you'll be pleased with it Brad,its always a shame to have to return anything,especially when you've looked forward to it.

Rob

You're not kidding about that Roberto! :D

BTW, I looked closely at the photos posted here by Rick and I couldn't see anything and if Terry couldn't see anything except with a magnifying glass, I'm not going to really worry about it.

You're not kidding about that Roberto! :D

BTW, I looked closely at the photos posted here by Rick and I couldn't see anything and if Terry couldn't see anything except with a magnifying glass, I'm not going to really worry about it.

I don't think you will have any problems with this model. I say again, it is a very good model and the equal overall of the HB standard Shermans. I can appreciate what Louis sees, but as Rob and Cyber have said, don't expect perfection in a under $200 model. And the Brits have had this model for weeks and have said only good things about it.

Terry

HHHMMMmmmmmm...........

Who would want to argue with this.................and so overdue

Attachments

• 571red.jpg
    571red.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 234red.jpg
    234red.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 135

Users who are viewing this thread

Back