OFFICIAL Firefly Photos (2 Viewers)

Possible i guess,but if Wittman was known to be in that Tank on that day,and plus the fact if he wasn't he's REALLY late in reporting to his unit!:eek::D

Rob

yeah, and he's still alive, sipping tea in his huge villa somewhere in south america :p:D:)

In any case, it's of no real consequence to me who killed Wittman, same as The Red Baron imo as it's so long ago. However, it seems some members are getting a bit anxious about this matter, so let's agree to disagree and I will say no more on the subject.

No one could argue it's not a good model - or could they :eek: :D

Its probably wise.

No doubt about the quality of the model though,imo the best model Figarti have made.Yep i include the Tigers too(puts on steel helmet!)

Rob

a question i would like to ask.

since the turret of wittmann's tiger is completely blown off, i'm wondering how the germans recognise and id tagged the men inside?

i mean i expect 5 fully charred remains inside that wreck of a tank, so for all i know, the wrong remains might be inside the wrong grave?:cool:

From Wittmann's dental records and the ID tag of one of the crew. The remains were reburied in Germany.

Terry

Interestingly, Bobby Wohl, the gunner who for most of the war had been part of Wittmann's crew and was responsible for actually hitting the AFVs was not part of Wittmanns crew the day Wittmann died. He had recently been promoted to tank commander but had been wounded and was not even part of the Tiger attack that day. He survived the war and lived long after.

Terry

Interestingly, Bobby Wohl, the gunner who for most of the war had been part of Wittmann's crew and was responsible for actually hitting the AFVs was not part of Wittmanns crew the day Wittmann died. He had recently been promoted to tank commander but had been wounded and was not even part of the Tiger attack that day. He survived the war and lived long after.

Terry

lucky eh. :)

Terry

Yes a shame,the one that got away.

Rob

Interestingly, Bobby Wohl, the gunner who for most of the war had been part of Wittmann's crew and was responsible for actually hitting the AFVs
Terry

A wise man once said: every job has two positions...one to do the work & one to get the credit

010-1.jpg

You guy's talking about me?

I hate to be the one guy to be negative, but, frankly, having opened the Firefly, I thought it looked a lot better in the photos than it does in person. First of all, the decals on the side are obviously decals, they stand out like a sore thumb when you look at the piece. Second the track links on the front deck look really fake, nothing like the track links in use. I would rate this tank about equal to the Honour Bound Regular Production Sherman, and well below both the Honour Bound Gold Edition Sherman and the Figarti Cambrai Grant. After all the build up for this piece, I am a bit disappointed, and feel that Figarti took a step back.:( I hope the Prime Mover, Priest and 88 are better.

hi louis,

i'm sorry to hear that.
if its not too much can you post photo comparisons?

Side by side comparison the Figarti Sherman and HB regular edition Sherman of the wheels, tracks, cast pebbled paint job, gun, MG, I would have to rate them as equal. And that means equally very good. The scales are identical too.

The HB finish has more of a realistic painted look. The Figarti has more of a realistic metallic painted look.

I have never seen a HB Gold Edition Sherman to compare to

Terry

Attachments

• P8210015.JPG
    P8210015.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 128
  • P8210016.JPG
    P8210016.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 123
  • P8210017.JPG
    P8210017.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 127
Side by side comparison the Figarti Sherman and HB regular edition Sherman of the wheels, tracks, cast pebbled paint job, gun, MG, I would have to rate them as equal. And that means equally very good. The scales are identical too.

The HB finish has more of a realistic painted look. The Figarti has more of a realistic metallic painted look.

I have never seen a HB Gold Edition Sherman to compare to

Terry

Good pictures Terry. I have the same 2 tanks as yours in the picture and agree with your comments. Not much to choose between them in terms of quality.
The Firefly has the edge for me though because it's a piece i've been after for a while.
Louis has a point on the decals but again this is the same on both the Figarti and HB Shermans.
Neve seen a Gold version but then there's a difference in price of a couple hundred dollars or something so you'd expect perfection there.

After all the hoopla on the forum for the Firefly, I frantically pre-ordered one. It was my first Figarti tank. When I opened the box, I too, was a little disappointed. The track detail was great, but I felt the tank paint was a little too dark. The tank is sitting on my desk right now and as I look at it everyday, its growing on me. I guess with the rave reviews, it got my expectations too high. I wasn't going to post anything, but since Louis brought it up, I'd thought I put my two cents. By the way, the tank arrived with no damages, but the machine gun hole was sealed over and I had to drill a hole, which accidentally went into the turret a little.

After seeing some of the above comments, maybe that's why the price is a little cheaper than the Monty Grant. Just a guess. Haven't received mine yet.

thanks for the pics terry.
i understand what louis meant now.
but i personally felt for the price, its quite acceptable.

I'm not sure I understand this decal thing. Are you saying that it looks like a decal was just placed over the tank and can easily peel off. Also, how are the numbers put on more expensive pieces. Are they etched in and then painted? If someone can explain this, I would be most appreciative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back