OFFICIAL Firefly Photos (1 Viewer)

Just received my Firefly!!! What a beauty!!! Thanks to the advice of TREEFROGGERS I decided to go outside of my normal practice of purchasing only from one specific manufacturer and dip my toe into the Figarti pool.
I must say this piece is simply outstanding. I really like the tracks and wheels how they are not "molded into the vehicle", they are individually sculpted. The colour is great, I especially like the rough pock marks, welding connections, and dirt/rust streaks yet NOT overdone. Good job Figarti. Now if we could just change the name from "We've Got Wittman" it would be perfect ( because everyone knows a regular Canadian Sherman knocked his Tiger out from an ambush at close range.) :D:eek:;):p
I scored, mine is number 11 out of 100 and it isn't travelling anytime soon. It is my new favourite piece.

Cheers
CFM :)

Wonderful Tank isn't it,superb quality,really stunning.Looks like you missed out though on the info that came with the tank telling you who REALLY killed Wittman!:D:D;):p

Rob

Just received my Firefly!!! What a beauty!!! Thanks to the advice of TREEFROGGERS I decided to go outside of my normal practice of purchasing only from one specific manufacturer and dip my toe into the Figarti pool.
I must say this piece is simply outstanding. I really like the tracks and wheels how they are not "molded into the vehicle", they are individually sculpted. The colour is great, I especially like the rough pock marks, welding connections, and dirt/rust streaks yet NOT overdone. Good job Figarti. Now if we could just change the name from "We've Got Wittman" it would be perfect ( because everyone knows a regular Canadian Sherman knocked his Tiger out from an ambush at close range.) :D:eek:;):p
I scored, mine is number 11 out of 100 and it isn't travelling anytime soon. It is my new favourite piece.

Cheers
CFM :)

Glad to hear you like it so much. :cool: Mine arrives tomorrow. :) But I believe the Canadian tank that got Whittmann was also a Firefly of one of the Quebec tank regiments. :eek::D:D But no problem for Rick Wang due to a minor historical inaccuracy - after all, the tank model is a stunner.
Terry

Maybe we can agree that he was taken care of by a Commonwealth tank :)

Let's hope Figarti do Wittman's Tiger #007 next.

The funny thing about Whittmann was that he was unknown to allied troops. He had made his big reputation (well known in Germany) on the Eastern Front, first as a Stug commander. Even after Villiers-Bocage the Allies had no idea who Whittmann was and when he was killed, it was just another Tiger tank destroyed. Whittmann's story became known in the west only much later, I think after the war.

Do you think Figarti should make Whittmann's 007 Tiger to pair with their Firefly? Because K&C has already made Whittmann's Last Tiger.

Terry

No disrespect intended (and this was the basis of my comment) but I thought that Canada was part of the Commonwealth.

It is, but that is not the point. Actually, there is no real point. :D Let's wait until morning for the responses from the "and the horse you rode in on" crowd:D:D:D

Terry

Do you think Figarti should make Whittmann's 007 Tiger to pair with their Firefly? Because K&C has already made Whittmann's Last Tiger.

Just got the Firefly delivered today, and it is an excellent highly detailed tank. Very impressed. I would love to see a Wittmann Tiger in 1/30 done by Figarti. I passed on the 1/32 Tigers by Figarti and was not interested in tracking down the K&C one due to scale as well. The CS one looked okay, but I prefer K&C or now Figarti if possible. Typically balked at the Figarti tanks due to cost (love the look of the Lee/Grant and Afrika Panzer IV, but the cost was a bit too much), but the Firefly, and other recent releases, seem to have hit the sweet spot in regards to details/features and price. The packing was also well done compared to the one other Figarti vehicle I saw (Winter Panzer IV), which had some broken pieces on it.

All around stunning vehicle!

-Rich

The funny thing about Whittmann was that he was unknown to allied troops. He had made his big reputation (well known in Germany) on the Eastern Front, first as a Stug commander. Even after Villiers-Bocage the Allies had no idea who Whittmann was and when he was killed, it was just another Tiger tank destroyed. Whittmann's story became known in the west only much later, I think after the war.

Terry

Some time ago I suggested that Figarti make the 007 Wittman Tiger in 1/30 scale because the early K & C version was closer to 1/32 scale and not up to the current Figarti detail.

Now that the Firefly is out, the collectors that are convinced Gunner Joe Ekins took out Wittman will likely get a new 007. And those collectors like me that are not convinced will get the Tiger anyway - a win win situation for Figarti :D

Some time ago I suggested that Figarti make the 007 Wittman Tiger in 1/30 scale because the early K & C version was closer to 1/32 scale and not up to the current Figarti detail.

Now that the Firefly is out, the collectors that are convinced Gunner Joe Ekins took out Wittman will likely get a new 007. And those collectors like me that are not convinced will get the Tiger anyway - a win win situation for Figarti :D

Not convinced? Why not. My reason is a recent program reconstructing the engagement on the site.

Terry

Not convinced? Why not. My reason is a recent program reconstructing the engagement on the site.

Terry

I haven't seen the recent program you mentioned, I base my suspicions on earlier articles I have read on the subject. Of course despite the conflicting claims the new Figarti Firefly is well worth getting simply because it is so well made.

I haven't seen the recent program you mentioned, I base my suspicions on earlier articles I have read on the subject. Of course despite the conflicting claims the new Figarti Firefly is well worth getting simply because it is so well made.

Sent you a link to an article describing the program on Wittmann's death. The actual program is online but it is an hour of high definition so it is a big download and probably not a legal one.

Terry

any of wittmann's tigers would be marvellous.:D
the new figarti armour releases had seemed to whip up my appetite for another tiger.:p

Maybe we can agree that he was taken care of by a Commonwealth tank :)

Nice try Brad,very diplomatic;).I'll take the word of one of the worlds leading Tank museums Bovington,and the word of Osprey publishing,it was Mr Ekin who got him no doubt.Apologies to our Canadian friends but there is little evidence.I also think that there are some who actually think Wittman is some sort of hero and can't handle the fact that he was killed by an ordinary English 'Joe' (armed with the wonderful 17pounder)who had only fired four rounds in anger up until then.I also think that some people just cannot accept that on that day in a rush to get somewhere the Nazi Wittman and his cohorts were in a big rush to get somewhere and made a fatal error in that they were totally unaware of the Shermans hidden in the trees.Over here we are very proud of Mr Ekin who popped out of that orchard and sent Wittman flying back to the fatherland.In fact Mr Ekin had no idea for many years who he had killed that day.

Rob

Last edited:
Sent you a link to an article describing the program on Wittmann's death. The actual program is online but it is an hour of high definition so it is a big download and probably not a legal one.

Terry

Thanks for the link, it supports all the other evidence I have that the Canadians got Wittman and his crew. Personally I am more inclined to believe the eye witness accounts of several experienced Canadian tank crews that actually saw the turret blow off from secondary explosions over one very inexperienced Brit gunner. Other members can 'think' what they like ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back