Official News: KnC Sherman!! (2 Viewers)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
We just got info on the highly anticipated Sherman. We are away from the office (this thing called Thanksgiving and all), but Julie will have it on the website first thing on Friday. If you would like to reserve one (or several), e-mail Julie at sales@treefrogtreasures.com and she'll take care of you!

Now....the info:

Introducing a new brand name to the world of toy soldiers and military miniatures…KnC.
KnC is an integral part of King & Country and has been set up to provide 1:30 scale figures and vehicles that can complement and supplement our existing all-metal and mixed media soldiers and fighting vehicles.
Our first release is a high quality, pre-painted, plastic and metal D.DAY SHERMAN TANK KnC001.

WADING ASHORE

This exciting new 1:30 scale M4 Sherman comes complete with 2 x removable deep wading exhaust stacks, 1 x fully-painted, half-body tank commander and a detachable .50 calibre machine gun.
Packed in an attractive and sturdy “window” box this new model fits perfectly alongside existing King & Country metal and polystone figures and other fighting vehicles.
The new addition does not replace the heavier, more detailed King & Country models. It’s simply meant to provide collectors with a more affordable way to enlarge their collections and displays. At the same time the less expensive price point will, we believe, encourage younger collectors and others to join this great hobby. In addition it also allows collectors to make their own “conversions” on a less expensive model!

AND THE PRICE…

$69.50 per tank!

AND ANOTHER THING…
Also “in-the-works” are a set of three different “backpacks” of extra gear and stowage that fit neatly onto the back of our new KnC Sherman once the “wading stacks” have been removed.

AVAILABILITY AND SHIPPING
We expect to begin deliveries in first week of December.

KnC001_01.jpg
knc001_02.jpg

knc001_03.jpg

knc001_04.jpg

knc001_05.jpg

I wonder if KnC are going to do any planes,more accessories MG,s rifles supply's etc etc for diorama,s.
Very toy looking but never say never 70USD is a good price for 1/30 scale will wait and see what else is released.

Will be interesting to see what the UK price is for one of these ^&confuse

I wonder if KnC are going to do any planes,more accessories MG,s rifles supply's etc etc for diorama,s.
Very toy looking but never say never 70USD is a good price for 1/30 scale will wait and see what else is released.

Not convinced , will do the same like Wayne, wait and see.......
guy:)

look forward to seeing what else comes but, only to view. These are not for me!!
Mitch

Not convinced , will do the same like Wayne, wait and see.......
guy:)

WOW is this a silly idea or what... K&C should simply focus on vehicles for this line that have not been done or retired a long time ago as I cannot see many current collectors choosing to put these toys next to their collectibles... I get the concept of market segmentation ie different price points, and getting younger people into the hobby but I don't think this is the answer... maybe the same materials as they use now but with less detail and focusing on smaller vehicles is the answer. Corgi offered two variety of vehicles one their premium line and another simplier and cheaper line associated with the history channel. I have both in my collection side by side.

Looks ok to me, now it's ideal for those who have a little bit of painting skill, some weathering and a few bits and pieces here and there and you have a perfectly good Sherman for $70.00 odd instead of few hundred plus. Now who can complain about that...:wink2::rolleyes2:
Wayne.

Good to see that efforts are being made to reach out to new customers. Its the old saying - if you are standing still in business you are actually going backwards. It is an interesting move and I wish K&C every success. There is always a lot of talk about the hobby dying, although I never see much evidence to support that, and any move that might increase the flow of people into the hobby must be good. This appears a sound plan to appeal to as broad a spectrum as possible. K&C have looked to spread their customer base - the 'P' range at one end and plastic tanks at the other with the traditional releases in the middle. Even Goldilocks found somehing to her tastes eventually!

Good to see that efforts are being made to reach out to new customers. Its the old saying - if you are standing still in business you are actually going backwards. It is an interesting move and I wish K&C every success. There is always a lot of talk about the hobby dying, although I never see much evidence to support that, and any move that might increase the flow of people into the hobby must be good. This appears a sound plan to appeal to as broad a spectrum as possible. K&C have looked to spread their customer base - the 'P' range at one end and plastic tanks at the other with the traditional releases in the middle. Even Goldilocks found somehing to her tastes eventually!
I can see the magic that a person like Bob (Fitzgibbon) could do to such a item, where the weight of the model is totally irrelevant to the collector I can see such a move as a goer, the price is certainly right. This particular tank doesn't float my boat but the right subject will get my interest for sure, I can see a workshop or two in the future.
Wayne.

Some say that it's not for me and so forth. That's probably correct. It's not intended for you but, as Jack said, for others who may not be in the hobby, people who may be interested but not sure. Let's not rush to judgment.

This new line of vehicles are interesting. They would go good for those of us who are making dioramas and are in need of multiply vehicles at a lower price. Wish the Sherman was weathered though. Wondering how far they will go with this line? Will we see German vehicles made? Example being the German 251 armoured car. I could use another 1 or 2. If they were weathered and placed in the right place they would go great.

Looks ok to me, now it's ideal for those who have a little bit of painting skill, some weathering and a few bits and pieces here and there and you have a perfectly good Sherman for $70.00 odd instead of few hundred plus. Now who can complain about that...:wink2::rolleyes2:
Wayne.

People without painting skills,some weathering and bits and pieces..............^&grin^&grin

It looks like FOV armors have better weathering than this Sherman and selling for ~$60. Will be very interesting to see when it comes out with more pictures and cost.

It looks like FOV armors have better weathering than this Sherman and selling for ~$60. Will be very interesting to see when it comes out with more pictures and cost.

The knc Sherman $69.99 but not as nice as the fov version in my opinion

People are comparing this to the FOV version. Isn,t the FOV 1-32 and the KnC 1-30? Meaning you cannot use the FOV with K&C figures.
I will say this, before I buy any of this new line I will either have to see it in person or wait for the collectors who have purchased one to give their reviews.
My initial opinion is that I think this is a good idea. Like Brad said, give this some time to play out.
Gary

I’ve got no crystal ball, but it seems to me, IMHO, that there are a few niches for this new line, that were addressed by some of the threads below:

To new younger (teen) collectors, with naturally smaller budgets; to existing collectors with budget restraints; to dio building collectors who will want multiples or destroyed AFV’s ; to collectors who enjoy painting and weathering to create different versions (dio builders here too).

Another important selling point here is that they are in 1/30 (never before offered in the market), and frankly, let’s admit it, although I see those who mix K&C (or Figarti or TGM) with FOV and till now for the lack of alternative were happy, the difference does stand out. Now, for roughly the same price, that apparently will be solved…

All said, no crystal ball in hands, but I think there’s a good chance this new line will flourish and attract and please many, although for different reasons. Many others though will be completely oblivious to it, and keep their collecting habits just the same…

Wherever you stand, buyer or non-buyer, for the TS industry and hobby it’s a move we should all welcome (as far as K&C stands firm in keeping it’s business as usual for metal mate figures and upscale AFV’s), since it only strengthens and expands the scope and health of the world of TS overall coverage, and that’s good for all of us collectors. Still don’t know, have to have one in my hands, but I might even be amongst those who might not end purchasing them, but I can only congratulate Andy for making this move and all the investment that comes with it!

I agree with you...KnC will appeal to the less well heeled collector and will attract more of the younger one's into the hobby.....the hardcore collectors do not have to buy them.....no-one is asking them too...... KnC is a new range aimed at a new generation of collectors and good luck to Andy for having the guts to try something new...my opinion only...cheers TomB

I think people have to realize in this day and time you are not going to get superb quality and realism for $60-$70.If you want that your going to pay $3-$400.If you can't afford that then you go this route and if your talented enough you can make these look great.Look at what the kit builders do.
Mark

I like this move by K&C/KnC. I think it will be great to have something to fill out dioramas of the same scale as the center pieces... now back to preparing the Turkey-day feast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back