On the Road to Mandalay. (3 Viewers)

You certainly think it through Steve with our narrative. The jungle scenes look great and you have the figures to take advantage. Excellent. Robin.

You certainly think it through Steve with our narrative. The jungle scenes look great and you have the figures to take advantage. Excellent. Robin.

Cheers Robin !
Alas I'm not that methodical and for this episode knew, I wanted to finish with the LCA, but that was all. As usual the little tales, take on a life of their own !{sm4}

Still looking for the Aussie Bren team and Jap,"knee Mortar." Alas I was still trying to stick to WB when these came out ! {sm2}

Steve

well worth the wait for the scenes depicted. Excellent story, well told. Chris

Chindits deep in Japanese held territory cross a Railway line that they will blow to hamper the Japs supply line.

Steve
36.jpg37.jpg38.jpg39.jpg

Another excellent jungle scene Steve. If you chucked a bit of ballast between those sleepers the scene would look heaps better I reckon.

Tom

Steve,

As others have said, just a marvelous set of scenes. Really quite enjoyable. My Dad would always finish his piano playing with the "Road To Mandalay."

Steve

Excellent dio! All you need is Wingate himself directing the troops.

Brendan

Another excellent jungle scene Steve. If you chucked a bit of ballast between those sleepers the scene would look heaps better I reckon.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I did have some but thought it look a bit big and out of scale when I put it down and just used the sand instead. Think I might get a better scale by sifting some sharp sand.
Just don't ask me for a timetable of the trains as they isn't any, it's a now defunct line ! ^&grin

Steve

Steve,

As others have said, just a marvelous set of scenes. Really quite enjoyable. My Dad would always finish his piano playing with the "Road To Mandalay."

Steve

Thanks for the kind words Steve and glad it bought back some happy memories for you.

Steve

Cheers Brendan, yes you're right and a General Slim too. I'll have to start bugging TG to add them to their club figures maybe !

Steve

As the Allies close in on Mandalay. these Japanese load up and make ready the last of their ammunition.

2.jpg

Steve

That is a great Diorama of a little discussed area of the Second World War. Great work on the foliage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back