Open Email to Oberstoskar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to Andy's point, it seems in America today we have turned to the personal

insult to express our point of view. One only has to look at the current

political situation.

Many people today apparently don't have confidence in their arguments

unless then can lace them with personal insults.

If someone doesn't care for King & COuntry, or their literature why not if you

must simply state your reasons, and perhaps suggestions?

Why the personal insults, and attacks?

These things should only be done in person where a proper response could

be offered.

A.G.S.K.A "Jersey Style" in my case.:D

Oh, njja, that's OK, we can make remarks about Italians. Germans, too. And Poles, Irish, Scots, Welshmen, in fact, all Brits in general, Swedes, Danes, Dutchmen, Finns, and those goofy Norwegian. Oh, and Christians, too. I think the DNC has a pamphlet out that outlines which groups are OK to make remarks and tell jokes about. Something about oppressor status, or something similar.

Seriously, though, Happy Columbus Day, salud!
Brad

Njja

Must have missed that one ? :eek:

Good Ron, the fewer people that saw it the better!

Hey hope your doing OK in the Big City!

We are getting down to "Crunch Time"

I'm checking out housing in Switzerland!:eek:

Njja

I have had many friends tell me that they are going to Canada - now Switzerland ! - all I can say ..... WHY COLD PLACES !

My last resort is FIGI - where tops are optional ! :D

Actually - I have been asked by the Republican National Committee to take a position on the McCain Campaign for the last few weeks before the election. I will be off the forum awhile - they are sending me to my old home state of Florida. :) We shall see what happen soon enough.

Good Ron, the fewer people that saw it the better!

Hey hope your doing OK in the Big City!

We are getting down to "Crunch Time"

I'm checking out housing in Switzerland!:eek:

Nope i missed them as well,in fact wasn't he always calling for more Italian releases?.

Switzerland,home of world famous confectionery,i could think of worse places to sit out a global crisis!;)

Rob

Oh, njja, that's OK, we can make remarks about Italians. Germans, too. And Poles, Irish, Scots, Welshmen, in fact, all Brits in general, Swedes, Danes, Dutchmen, Finns, and those goofy Norwegian. Oh, and Christians, too. I think the DNC has a pamphlet out that outlines which groups are OK to make remarks and tell jokes about. Something about oppressor status, or something similar.

Seriously, though, Happy Columbus Day, salud!
Brad

Brad:

Ha!

Its one thing to "Joke" about a group in a friendly way, but certain words

should not be used even in jest because they indicate a lack of respect.

That is what I took offense at, I don't mind a good Italian joke, but if you

walk up to me and use a disrespectful slur well I don't think it would be a good

idea drunk, or sober.

And I would feel stupid, if in an attempt to be funny, I insulted another

persons heritage. Sometimes a joke can do that, slurs always have that

affect.

Switzerland? 10 or 12-year period to become a citizen, isn't it?

Oh, the Swiss, too, we can make fun of them, that's OK. :D

To call Andy's work amatuerish is quite simply ridiculous:rolleyes: . . . but lets get beyond that and address the real point of Andy's post: people who use the anonymity of the internet to make personal attacks on others they would never make in person.:mad: I have said numerous times over the years that, as wonderful as the internet has been in bringing people from diverse locals and backgrounds together (as a result of participating on this forum, I now consider myself friends with gentlemen from Singapore [Nasir], Australia [Oz and Simmo], New Zealand [Rob], Great Britain [Rob, Tony, Kevin, Clive, Wraith], Ireland [Joe], Holland [Richard, Hoogri], Portugal [Rod], an oil platform in the Indian Ocean [Heid], and many other wonderful locations I might never have met except through this forum), it does lend itself to abusive comments I doubt any of us would make face to face if we were sober.:eek:

By the way, if I left out any locations or friends in drafting this post, feel free to make a post calling me absent minded and correcting my oversight . . .:D

I think a good rule of thumb before sending out a post is to ask yourself would I have the stones to say this to the person's face. :eek:

And Heid, I am both thrilled to see you post again and appalled that someone posted an insult aimed at your wife. If you read this, please send me a PM or an e-mail and let me know how you are doing.

Louis

You did forget one:

DC - District of Columbia - we are a Country to ourselves ! :rolleyes:

To call Andy's work amatuerish is quite simply ridiculous:rolleyes: . . . but lets get beyond that and address the real point of Andy's post: people who use the anonymity of the internet to make personal attacks on others they would never make in person.:mad: I have said numerous times over the years that, as wonderful as the internet has been in bringing people from diverse locals and backgrounds together (as a result of participating on this forum, I now consider myself friends with gentlemen from Singapore [Nasir], Australia [Oz and Simmo], New Zealand [Rob], Great Britain [Rob, Tony, Kevin, Clive, Wraith], Ireland [Joe], Holland [Richard, Hoogri], Portugal [Rod], an oil platform in the Indian Ocean [Heid], and many other wonderful locations I might never have met except through this forum), it does lend itself to abusive comments I doubt any of us would make face to face if we were sober.:eek:

By the way, if I left out any locations or friends in drafting this post, feel free to make a post calling me absent minded and correcting my oversight . . .:D

I think a good rule of thumb before sending out a post is to ask yourself would I have the stones to say this to the person's face. :eek:

And Heid, I am both thrilled to see you post again and appalled that someone posted an insult aimed at your wife. If you read this, please send me a PM or an e-mail and let me know how you are doing.

Mr. Andy N,

What's the relevance of my name/identity to you?

I don't think that my name will mean anything to you at all, unless you want to delete my name from your Connoisseur Collectors Club and not allow me to buy anymore products from you with 10% discount (and the birthday extra-discount)

But in case you suspect that I belong to anyone of the manufacturers, I actually don't. All the things that I wrote belong to my personal opinion. Here are 10 facts about me in order to help you to loosen up...

1. I live in Hong Kong
2. I am a Hong Kong Chinese
3. I work as a physician
4. My age is 30.
5. I am your collector's club member
6. My first K&C set was bought in the Pacific Place shop (The Royal Hong Kong Regiment) in the early 90's
7. I've collected almost the entire NAP, AK and LAH sets.

8. I still look forward to K&C producing more People's Liberation Army, 1997 Hong Kong handover ceremony tropical Black watch, royal navy and RAF on parade. Also Napoleonic Polish Lancers and more Berlin 1938 German Goosestepping LAH, Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe on parade. Also Luftwaffe ground crew and pilots to compliment the warbirds.

9. I was invited to your King & Country Annual Lucky Draw held on Friday February 15th 2008 as a valued customer. However, I missed it because I was busy at work. I emailed Ms Joanne So and asked for the special AK figure, but she wouldn't give me one. I regret very much for missing the chance for the special figure which I like a lot. (Can you still spare me an extra one if any stocks left in your office?)

10. I truly doubt if I would be invited to the lucky draw next year again, because I couldn't afford spending the prerequisite amount of money to join again. And probably you'll hate seeing me.

Andy, I hope this helps. Deep in my heart, I am a big fan of your toy soldiers (but not the high price). I've followed K&C for over 18 years. I apologize if you think that I've been rude in my past comments. Sometimes I give comments to make the point that there's still a lot of room for K&C to improve. (i.e. K&C can pay attention to some details in design and without raising the price for production cost)

Andy, I hope you'll understand my good intentions...
And I look forward to your response.

Switzerland? 10 or 12-year period to become a citizen, isn't it?

Oh, the Swiss, too, we can make fun of them, that's OK. :D

Brad:

Yes we can make fun of them:D .....if course they do have that chocolate:eek:........and most of the $$$$$$:D

Its just a beautiful place! Quiet, and private, with wonderful shopping, and
good food!

It would be #1 on my list if I ever decided to relocate.........wonder if we
could sell them Jersey?

Best of both worlds......private banking, chocolate, and the Jersey Shore!:D

Attachments

• long beach island-1.jpg
    long beach island-1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 228
Do they have a K&C dealer over there?;)

Rob

Louis

You did forget one:

DC - District of Columbia - we are a Country to ourselves ! :rolleyes:

If you guys are a separate country, I want my federal tax money back!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't list all of the wonderful friends I made throughout the United States as it would take all day, but yes Ron, you are on the list!:p:D

To call Andy's work amatuerish is quite simply ridiculous:rolleyes: . . . but lets get beyond that and address the real point of Andy's post: people who use the anonymity of the internet to make personal attacks on others they would never make in person.:mad:

That's actually true. I would have never said those words to Andy in person... but it's easier to be candid while writing in the internet instead of meeting the person.

Just want to make the point that I am just as sincere in my criticisms to K&C as well as my praises. If my comments weren't credible (as a collector for over 15 years) I don't think people will react to them.

Well "Oberstoskar", at least try to explain why you said that the broschures are "amateurish"? In what sense? Personnaly I don't think so, I think they are very useful and well made, but interested to hear your opinion on what you state as a fact. Thanks

Njja

I have had many friends tell me that they are going to Canada - now Switzerland ! - all I can say ..... WHY COLD PLACES !

My last resort is FIGI - where tops are optional ! :D

Actually - I have been asked by the Republican National Committee to take a position on the McCain Campaign for the last few weeks before the election. I will be off the forum awhile - they are sending me to my old home state of Florida. :) We shall see what happen soon enough.

Wow!

Good for You!

If you get a chance would you tell the good Senator we want to see some

fire!

I think he got it into his head that no one wanted to see his "temper" Shhhh.

I know he admires Teddy Roosevelt......well what would "Teddy" do!

And no one ever accused Capitolron of being "timid"

or soft spoken

Go get them RON!

Remember:

"A' La Victoire Sur"

Wife always says that when I take out the trash:rolleyes: I think it either

means On to Victory, or Hurry the Truck is Coming!:D

Attachments

• napoleon-addresses.jpg
    napoleon-addresses.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 219
Oberstoskar,

Believe me, I have had my criticisms of Andy's work over the years, right and wrong (I told him nobody would ever want to buy polystone vehicles, because the early ones, in my opinion, looked like garbage, boy is my face red:eek:). I think he pulled away from sponsoring publication of the book Hans, Larry, Kevin and I were writing about K&C because, as much as I love K&C products, my opinions were sometimes unfavorable. The point I (and I think Andy) was making on this thread is that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and Andy is a big enough man to take an adverse opinion, but most people prefer to know who is criticizing them, so they can figure out how to respond, and what axe, if any, the critic has to grind.

Mr. Andy N,

What's the relevance of my name/identity to you?

I don't think that my name will mean anything to you at all, unless you want to delete my name from your Connoisseur Collectors Club and not allow me to buy anymore products from you with 10% discount (and the birthday extra-discount)"

Okay this is suposed to be the point where we all "Scream" what Connoisseur

Club......and discount & birthday stuff?

Well I'm not buying it!:D

Besides Andy told me personally, that since I'm from Jersey he adds an

additional 15% to my bill!

So there!:D

OK guys lets settle this the old fashioned way.

Pistols at dawn !

However joking aside I would have to be with Andy on this one. This sort of thing has been covered in many threads in the past but when taking all into consideration King and Country does a pretty good job. Good variety, regular releases, competitive prices and quality. The benchmark is that when sellers are selling other brands on Ebay they often use the word King and Country in the title. I don't see other toy soldier companies giving away many thousands of flyers and "Collectors" each year.

To say that Andy is an amateur is a bit of a joke. What other Toy Soldier company boss is talented enough to do his own drawings ?

Apologies for being a member of the Andy/K&C "fan club". I don't always agree with everything Andy has done (and have emailed him direct accordingly) but overall he runs a professional operation puttiing out good value product.

Point well taken,

Carlos

Well "Oberstoskar", at least try to explain why you said that the broschures are "amateurish"? In what sense? Personnaly I don't think so, I think they are very useful and well made, but interested to hear your opinion on what you state as a fact. Thanks

"amateurish" in the sense that I would personally like to read something a bit more specific or more academic with some more in depth details as in the case of First Legion who told us that the Murat figures were researched from Faber Du Faur's drawings and they created figures from particular regiments, the "terrible" 57th line and the 61st line at the Battle of Borodino where they made their frontal assaults against the fleches finaly capturing them after taking tremendous losses.

In fact I do appreciate that Andy does the writing himself (as evident in the consistency of his writing style in the internet as well as his brochures). But First Legion has done more thorough research.

I declare no financial interest in First Legion, and I am not saying that First Legion is superior to K&C in all aspects. I am just posting my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back