Panther G Arrived; My Initial Review (2 Viewers)

I just bought a third car to go with my engine, but I would make more room and jump right on that flat car it was made. I have a really nice Panther that needs a ride to the front.

I just received my Panther number 21 of 200. Excellent in all regards. The tracks are a flexible resin material. The detail is exceptional. The tracks attached to the turret can be lifted off easily although you may have to retouch the paint underneath if you remove the tracks. Those who do not like the turret tracks can readily remove them and affix Balken Kruise and/or numbers using decals or stencils. The Figarti Panther G certainly sets a new and higher standard for polystone armor. IMHO Figarti has achieved their goal of model quality and detail in polystone. Certainly it is as good as many custom built 1/35 scale styrene models; except those using metal tracks.

I received mine as well yesterday and agree with the previous comments: I can highly recommend the model. It is not perfect, but to further improve it would increase the price substantially I believe. Here is the summary of MY PERSONAL observations:

Con's
Silver to show use in the field overdone
Figure proportionately too large for model
No crosses or individual markings
No antenna
Not all hatches open
No Schürzen
No accessories like storage boxes and helmets
No zimmerit
No Interior after opening the hatch

Pro's:
Correct size and camouflage color
Correct depiction of Panther Ausf. G
Mixed media for excellent details
Great tracks

2298d33f4f7b725ec02d353a8113280e.jpg

09c847632ca9efe5371d7483f179d2cd.jpg

image-11.jpg

710ed5c2de3d25150d6ef480d0d73bb9.jpg

ec7caec0286cf0a49b592c6facd5a23b.jpg

I received mine as well yesterday and agree with the previous comments: I can highly recommend the model. It is not perfect, but to further improve it would increase the price substantially I believe. Here is the summary of MY PERSONAL observations:

Con's
No antenna
Not all hatches open
No Schürzen
No zimmerit

Pro's:
Great tracks

2298d33f4f7b725ec02d353a8113280e.jpg

09c847632ca9efe5371d7483f179d2cd.jpg

image-11.jpg

710ed5c2de3d25150d6ef480d0d73bb9.jpg

ec7caec0286cf0a49b592c6facd5a23b.jpg

Excellent photos Andanna! Very high resolution. FYI the chin mantlet was introduced in September of 1944 coincident with the discontinuance of Zimmerit. I agree Schurtzen would be nice; especially so as the area above the wheels is unweathered and looks odd as a result. I would really like to know what material Figarti is using for the tracks; exceptional detail! Lessons from First Legion perhaps? Regards

Con's
No antenna
Not all hatches open
No Schürzen
No zimmerit

Pro's:
Great tracks

]

First of thank for posting the photos of the tank look great . To me the pro's far out way the cons as to me it the best Panther out there at the moment correct colour and size ,I was not impressed by the camo on the Hb Panther to be honest and for your list of con are not a big deal as you could say the same thing with any company Panther to be fair

First of thank for posting the photos of the tank look great . To me the pro's far out way the cons as to me it the best Panther out there at the moment correct colour and size ,I was not impressed by the camo on the Hb Panther to be honest and for your list of con are not a big deal as you could say the same thing with any company Panther to be fair

I totally agree. I just did not want to go out with it the way you did to not upset people.

Love watching you guys tackle the various aspects of size, compatibility etc. I have spoken on this subject more times than I care to mention.

i wish the manufacturers would do the right thing.

All products true 1/30th scale......anything else is pretty crazy.

This 1/28th 1/30th thing is a Dinosaur and should be done away with........years ago when I was promoting the notion of upscale dioramas .....battles raged against the concept.........now everyone is jumping in.....

I for one will never give up on promoting the pure 1/30th concept.......whenever I have the occasion to correspond with the manufacturers I pound them with this concept.

Last edited:
Con's

There is one more situation that I would use personally to explain the silvering to myself, as it is hard to swallow (there is primer under there)

Matte paint when scuffed does take on a shiny metallic appearance, no exceptions. If for example a house or pile of rubble fell on this Panther & it was dug out, the effect on the paint job could be quite similar to that shown here.

Rubble etc leaves dust and other things brick and mortar compounds and dulls down a AFV. it does not really make it overly shiny. I agree that some scrapes etc cause some metallic display but, not like this on an AFV. This is portrayed to heavily on the Panther and, is done purely (IMO) as an accentuation of the detail rather than an accurate portrayal of weathering.

I guess it is just the figarti way! Some will like it and some won't. The parts that become metallic like this I can live with. It does not spoil a good AFV as it can easily be rectified but, IMO it does not help it. If the detail is there then leave it to be seen by the eye.
Mitch

There is one more situation that I would use personally to explain the silvering to myself, as it is hard to swallow (there is primer under there)

Matte paint when scuffed does take on a shiny metallic appearance, no exceptions. If for example a house or pile of rubble fell on this Panther & it was dug out, the effect on the paint job could be quite similar to that shown here.

I'm trying REAL hard Mitch to like this. If I get one the metal on the turret tracks has to go. There's definitely going to be sprucing up. Some of the detailing seems appropriate, some seems haphazard with no plan or thought. Even the dry brushing turned out to be wet brushing in many spots. grrr

I agree: Too much silver scratching used to simulate weathering), Too many track pieces on the turret (Although removable ok??)....No turret numbers or german cross symbols.....Why do this to another wise VERY good model???

I agree: Too much silver scratching used to simulate weathering), Too many track pieces on the turret (Although removable ok??)....No turret numbers or german cross symbols.....Why do this to another wise VERY good model???

frank it very simple mate don't buy it ,but lot of people seem happy with this version going by the forum and maybe next time there do a version your like and think we're see a winter version soon . Happy collecting

I think compromises were made to save cost and keep the price well under 300$. I am certain that the lack of markings, an antenna, no asseccories, no Schürzen and the technically modest weathering fall into this category.

I am surprised Figarti added the figure, fully understanding that some collectors might not value this add-on. But I suspect it helps distinguishing this model from the cheaper Tiger models.

The links on the turrets were pretty normal at the time and I like it. This goes with a 1944 Panther like the lack of Zimmerit (thank you for the correction).

I am certain a better Panther can be made, but at this point in time probably not for 249$.

Still waiting for FL to make a tank of decent size and im dying to see how much that is going to cost.........{eek3}
So I think FIGARTI have done well here and am looking forward to getting one in the distant future.

Guys

Just for the record I had very high quality decal sets made for me by Figarti. I had to get a bunch of them, so I am selling the extra sets for $20 shipped in the US. If anyone needs them out of the US I will work with you on them.

Maybe this can help you with the lack of markings on the Panther

I have about 20 sets still available.

Please don't regard this as some kind of sales pitch, just trying to help out.

( YOU GET TWO OF THESE SHEETS )

HERE THEY ARE IN USE

I think compromises were made to save cost and keep the price well under 300$. I am certain that the lack of markings, an antenna, no asseccories, no Schürzen and the technically modest weathering fall into this category.

I am surprised Figarti added the figure, fully understanding that some collectors might not value this add-on. But I suspect it helps distinguishing this model from the cheaper Tiger models.

The links on the turrets were pretty normal at the time and I like it. This goes with a 1944 Panther like the lack of Zimmerit (thank you for the correction).

I am certain a better Panther can be made, but at this point in time probably not for 249$.

I do not think it would have cost Figarti that much more to add on markings and an antenna....If they would have limited some of the links on the turret (that cost savings:rolleyes2:) would have permitted the simple application of a turret number and markings....after all they are only decals....also PLEASE lose "SOME"of the scratchmarks and simply do a little appropriate weathering. This could have been an excellent model with just "a little more effort" and not much expense to do it.

Well got my Panther today and I must be one of the lucky one as the paint is job spot on ,no silver weathering all over the place ^&confuse

Well got my Panther today and I must be one of the lucky one as the paint is job spot on ,no silver weathering all over the place ^&confuse

I need to quote myself:

"seems haphazard with no plan or thought"

I need to quote myself:

"seems haphazard with no plan or thought"

That's a good way to describe the excessive "scratch-like weathering"currently being noted in Figarti models...The problem is that it's all over the place on the model, without plan or thought. This was also my complaint with the Banff Mosquito WWII Airplane....I purchased one but had to use grey and black chaulks to cover up the excessive silvering "scratchmarks".... It's OK to have some of this effect but PLEASE not all over the model and JUST ANYWHERE.....Otherwise we just have a model with an un-natural appearance and then need to cover all those silver scratch-like areas. I may consider a purchase of this Panther but I know it will need to be modified.:(...and at $249 we should not have to do these modifications....Just my $.05 cents on the matter.

They have a great master. All they had to do was sit there & follow it. That's why they call it a master.

Now, is it the workers going off mission, or is this coming from above (as in make every model unique)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back